Author Topic: SOS and FSF secure away ticket price reduction  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
SOS and FSF secure away ticket price reduction
« on: April 6, 2017, 05:05:16 pm »
See the following news items which get us to Twentys Plenty (well for two games at least).

Hoping this sees other organisations and even the Clubs finally stepping up.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/twn ... -a-reality

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/twentys-plenty-virgin-media-and-fsf-reimburse-away-fans-tickets
« Last Edit: April 6, 2017, 11:03:27 pm by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: SOS and FSF secure away ticket price reduction
« Reply #1 on: April 6, 2017, 05:29:20 pm »
Page not loading for me.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 6, 2017, 09:01:16 pm »
Nice one.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: April 6, 2017, 11:00:01 pm »
The cynic in me says Virgin Media are getting a shit load of good publicity out of this.

But then again, at least they are doing something about it, which is more than could be said for many other companies and football clubs.

I approve.  :wellin

Well done to SOS and the FSF. (and any other fans groups involved)  Good work chaps.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5 on: April 6, 2017, 11:10:47 pm »

Fair play to Virgin and well in to FSF and SOS :)

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/twenty-s-plenty-becomes-a-reality

I hope fans in the Championship come together to apply pressure for some their excessively priced away tickets too.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #6 on: April 6, 2017, 11:10:51 pm »
The cynic in me says Virgin Media are getting a shit load of good publicity out of this.

But then again, at least they are doing something about it, which is more than could be said for many other companies and football clubs.

I approve.  :wellin

Well done to SOS and the FSF. (and any other fans groups involved)  Good work chaps.

That's how it should be though, theoretically. Its actually a brilliant marketing opportunity for them and one they've done well to seize. Well done to them for taking the initiative and spotting an opportunity to get in the positive minds of the millions of football supporters across the country who feel ripped off by ticket prices.

What's a couple of million quid to a company that turns over £4 billion? They'll make that back 20x over with new customers subscribing to their TV and broadband products who 'may' have been with SKY or BT but because of this, switch to Virgin.

I think this could be a start of a huge breakthrough in reducing ticket prices. Once Virgin start getting good publicity, SKY will want a piece and BT will want a piece too.  That can only result in a positive outcome for us all long term.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: April 7, 2017, 02:32:25 am »
So why are VM not simply reimbursing LFC who can then reimburse fans who bought tickets?

I've already paid £30 a ticket for this fixture, and it seems I have to go to www.virginmedia.com/twentysplenty to download a form that I have to post in with my ticket.  Why make it so complicated?

Not only that, but I can't find any form to download.  This is not making me feel all warm and fuzzy about VM.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 7, 2017, 01:11:14 pm »
Presumably because not all who buy tickets go. If they reimbursed the supporter who bought them then a lot of the actual match going fans wouldn't see the money

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #9 on: April 7, 2017, 08:46:47 pm »
So why are VM not simply reimbursing LFC who can then reimburse fans who bought tickets?

I've already paid £30 a ticket for this fixture, and it seems I have to go to www.virginmedia.com/twentysplenty to download a form that I have to post in with my ticket.  Why make it so complicated?

Not only that, but I can't find any form to download.  This is not making me feel all warm and fuzzy about VM.

After 15th it says!

Given all the cash I have given VM over the years for what IMO are overpriced deals for "loyal" customers, a tenner is the least they can do!

But I agree they didn't have to and it is a start. Hopefully more follow and get some good publicity themselves too! :)

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/twentys-plenty
« Last Edit: April 7, 2017, 08:49:41 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #10 on: April 7, 2017, 08:47:44 pm »
At least now we have this thread we might remember to do it! But the way they are doing it is a pain! Surely clubs can issue a list of customers...

Guess this way it costs them less!  :-\
We are a team of one half.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11 on: April 7, 2017, 10:53:31 pm »
At least they are  refunding our postage too!

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."