The Liverpool FC Forum > Ticket and Travel Info

Trains from London - any general tips, please?

<< < (80/88) > >>

1964allezallezallez:

--- Quote from: Jm55 on March  9, 2024, 10:06:08 am ---Even the non-direct ones are showing as sold out, is that just because they’re not direct?

--- End quote ---

Might be because of all the cancellations they’re going to be extra busy. They’ve also advise there will be cancellations next Saturday  :no

Schmarn:

The Avanti website often doesn’t show availability if you need to change to another train company. I used Trainline for tomorrow and was able to buy. No idea if that will still work or if they’re truly sold out.

MKB:
Trainline should be avoided as they charge extra fees, and they don't sell any fares you can't buy elsewhere.

If all of the seat reservations have been taken for an Avanti train, you can't buy tickets for that train online.  You will be limited to flexible tickets which you can buy at the station, or which you can buy online for another train on the same day and, if any queuing systems allow, board the train you actually want.

If you buy an Off-Peak or Super Off-Peak (as opposed to an Anytime), you need to check the time restrictions.

emitime:

--- Quote from: MKB on March 10, 2024, 11:10:33 am ---Trainline should be avoided as they charge extra fees, and they don't sell any fares you can't buy elsewhere.

--- End quote ---

They do split ticketing which can easily more than cover the transaction fees. Personally I do buy them separately elsewhere, but that's effort and prone to error.

MKB:

--- Quote from: emitime on March 11, 2024, 06:25:47 am ---They do split ticketing which can easily more than cover the transaction fees. Personally I do buy them separately elsewhere, but that's effort and prone to error.

--- End quote ---
If you want the convenience of all the split tickets being bought in one go, I'd recommend trainsplit.com that charges a small percentage of your saving with no booking fee like Trainline do.  They have good customer service too.

Also worth noting is crosscountrytrains.co.uk - Advance-fare tickets booked with them on any operator can be changed without the £10 admin fee, and, if you have access to someone's NUS number, you can get 10% discount on their own trains on Advance fares.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version