The Liverpool FC Forum > Ticket and Travel Info

Trains from London - any general tips, please?

<< < (3/88) > >>

RainbowFlick:

--- Quote from: lfc79 on December 30, 2018, 12:14:13 am ---If you're not bothered about travel times I have got the train via Birmingham a couple of times which is very cheap as Virgin are forced to offer decent priced tickets due to several train companies running competing services.

You could still get return ticket to Birmingham for the palace game on the 19th for £19 and from Birmingham -Liverpool for £23 compared to £89 on the direct trains and probably no seats

--- End quote ---

Good idea actually!

Thank you all!

RSoares21:
That birmingham idea is brilliant. Just done a sim for the crystal palace game and it saves around half the normal price i usually pay (from london to liverpool).
I use the two together railcard with a mate and it saves 1/3 off.
For anyone intrested the 26-30 Railcard just got released today which also gives you 1/3 off.

Danthemanaussiered:

--- Quote from: lfc79 on December 30, 2018, 12:14:13 am ---If you're not bothered about travel times I have got the train via Birmingham a couple of times which is very cheap as Virgin are forced to offer decent priced tickets due to several train companies running competing services.

You could still get return ticket to Birmingham for the palace game on the 19th for £19 and from Birmingham -Liverpool for £23 compared to £89 on the direct trains and probably no seats

--- End quote ---

If the first train is delayed however won't that mean you are screwed for the 2nd one (ie missed your advance priced train and have to get a full price one next)

RainbowFlick:
For the Newcastle game, seeing as fixtures aren't set until July, do people just take the punt on the super advance fares that I believe become available on the weekend?

Want to get to every home game again this season but ideally minimising the need to take the coach and minimising train costs.

roots99:

--- Quote from: RainbowFlick on June 19, 2019, 05:24:01 pm ---For the Newcastle game, seeing as fixtures aren't set until July, do people just take the punt on the super advance fares that I believe become available on the weekend?

Want to get to every home game again this season but ideally minimising the need to take the coach and minimising train costs.

--- End quote ---

In theory the PL is announcing TV dates for Aug and Sept on or around July 5. Personally I'd jump on it as soon as the ko time is announced. That would still be around 10weeks before the match so you haven't lost much if anything waiting.

Plus, in this case, the member sale won't be until another 2 weeks after that so anyone below 13+ probably won't be looking until after then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version