Author Topic: Manchester City  (Read 89017 times)

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
Manchester City
« on: November 25, 2005, 08:16:29 am »

Etihad Stadium

Unofficial sites:Blue View & Blue Moon

Address: Sportcity, Rowsley St, Manchester M11 3FF
Main Telephone No: 0870-062-1894
Ticket Office: 0870-062-1894
Capacity: 48,000
Away Allocation: 3000 (5,900 for Cup games)

Fixtures
To see Man Citys' fixtures Click HERE

DIRECTIONS & PARKING:

To see a map of the ground and surrounding areas click here

By Car
Leave the M62 at Junction 18 and then join the M60 Ashton Under Lyne. Then follow directions as above.
amongst the benefits the City of Manchester Stadium brings is the improved transport access. There are over 2,000 car parking spaces on site, and a further 8,000 accredited car parking spaces in easy reach of the Stadium.

Info:
A residents parking scheme is in place, please park safely and do not park on streets in the area or you will be fined or your car clamped or removed. The residents parking scheme will be strictly enforced. Please respect the needs of local people and help City to be a good neighbour.

The ASDA car park adjacent to the Stadium is reserved for their customers. ASDA will manage their car park and may impose penalties on a match day.

Train, Bus, Taxi
The closest train station is Ashburys which is a short five minute train ride away from Manchester Piccadilly Station. The stadium is about a ten minute walk away from Ashburys station. As you come out of the station turn left and after proceeding up the road you will come to the stadium on your left.

Otherwise if you have time on your hands then you can embark on the 20/25 minute walk from Piccadilly Station to the stadium. At the bottom of the main station approach turn right into Ducie Street. At the end of the road turn right onto Great Ancoats Street. Cross over the road, then the canal and turn left into Pollard Street - this is well marked as a walking route to "Sportcity". Continue straight along Pollard Street which leads onto the A662 Ashton New Road and you will come to the stadium on your left.

A shorter route from the station is to use the new exit to Fairfield Street (the taxi rank). As you come off the platforms, it’s in the left hand corner of the concourse. Lifts or escalators down. At the street exit head toward the railway overbridge, under that, then left again under the railway (Travis Street continuing into Adair Street), left at the end and right into Pollard Street (then as above).

Alternatively you can get a taxi from Piccadilly Station (around £4.50) or a bus from Piccadilly Gardens -  Go down the main approach from the station, then along London Road to Piccadilly Gardens; normal service and special matchday buses leave from the right hand side of the square (between Lever Street and Oldham Street) - 70p each way. 216 and 217 the main service buses, but 185, 186, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237,X36 and X37 also go from the city centre to the stadium (and 53 and 54 from the city's ring road). On the return, the special buses leave from Ashton New Road just across from the away end.

Click below for a larger map:

Thoughts
Away fans are located in one side of the Key 103 (South) Stand at one end of the ground, in both the upper and lower tiers, where up to 3,000 fans can be accommodated (4,500 for cup games). The view of the action is pretty impressive although the leg room is a little tight. The facilities are also pretty good with spacious concourses with large plasma flat television screens showing the highlights and a good selection of food on offer, including chips and the delicious 'Football's Famous Chicken Balti Pie' (£2.20) as well as the alternative vegetarian option. On offer is also a 'pie and a pint' for £4.

Gaining entry to the stadium is rather different than most other grounds. Rather than give your ticket to a turnstile operator, you swipe your ticket across a sensor which then allows entry. Stewards are on hand if you have any problems. **BE WARNED lads** 'If you are an adult trying to get into the stadium using a concession ticket (OAP or child) the stewards will know and you'll be ejected.

Atmosphere has now improved under Roberto Mancini and the arab owners, but is still nothing like the Maine Road one of the 90s

Pub guide and extras
As with many of the new "out of town" stadia, there's not a lot of pubs around the City of Manchester Stadium. Those that are around are strictly home fans only. As such we'd recommend staying central for a drink/some food and then travelling out to the ground.

Deansgate and Printworks are two areas of Manchester popular with away fans, both being near taxi ranks/tram lines and within plausible walking distance (25-30 minutes). There is loads of choice in the city though and we'd suggest having a look around the Manchester bars and pubs guide:

www.manchesterbars.com

Away Fans:
South Stand: Adults £42, Concessions £25

Official Programme: £3
King Of The Kippax Fanzine: £2
City Till I Cry Fanzine: £1.50

Stadium Plan

Disabled Facilities
For details of disabled facilities at the ground please visit the relevant page on the National Association Of Disabled Supporters (NADS) Click here
« Last Edit: December 6, 2012, 01:41:58 am by Frank. »

Offline boyham

• Imagine Trevor Brooking singing the hits of Culture Club
  • Kopite
  • RTK Supporter
Re: Manchester City
« Reply #1 on: December 6, 2006, 12:33:04 pm »
When we went last year there is a car park (a school) that is right by the ground, but be prepared to wait about an hour to get out!
STD

STOP THE DAY-TRIPPERS!

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 04:48:59 pm »
They serve beer in the away end then yeah?
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline Cookie-7-

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high, there will be a golden sky
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 08:44:07 pm »
They serve beer in the away end then yeah?

Can't argue with pie & a pint for £4 if that's in the away end!
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 11:13:19 pm »
Happy days.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline Cookie-7-

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high, there will be a golden sky
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 01:54:49 pm »
I can recommend the Chicken Balti Pie! :)

Strange ground - it looks impressive but doesn't really have a home end!?! It's as if the Lower Centenary Stand just wrapped around to become the Kop - and consequently has about the same atmosphere.  Decent facilities though.

Taxi from Piccadilly about £6.  Wouldn't wear colours if drinking around Piccadilly before or after the game though.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 03:31:02 pm »

Strange ground - it looks impressive but doesn't really have a home end!?! It's as if the Lower Centenary Stand just wrapped around to become the Kop - and consequently has about the same atmosphere.  Decent facilities though.

Agreed.  I like the ground but it has a terrible atmosphere.  The liverpool fans on saturday were pretty quite too. 

Offline fowler-god

• Kemlynite
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 01:58:57 pm »
hey guys

i succeed to put my hand on a ticket to the city's game on oct 5 .. the only problem is that the ticket is to the home grandstand section .
do you think that i will be able to speak with the police about moving me to our section ?

Offline 6TIMES champions OF europe

• Kopite
  • "The one any only, WE'RE LIVERPOOL"
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 11:21:22 pm »
hey guys

i succeed to put my hand on a ticket to the city's game on oct 5 .. the only problem is that the ticket is to the home grandstand section .
do you think that i will be able to speak with the police about moving me to our section ?

You have no chance.
Liverpool FC

Support     &     Believe

Offline sharkie03

• Kemlynite
  • there's a man that's earnt a championship medal
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 06:02:41 pm »
hey guys

what a fucking knobend thing to ask

Offline fowler-god

• Kemlynite
« Reply #10 on: October 3, 2008, 11:50:09 pm »

what a fucking knobend thing to ask

why to be so fucking negative about things ..
in istanbul 2005 i had aticket to the milan section and finally 15 minutes before kick - off as i waited in the police desk with few other of our supporters the police push us to one of the mixed grandstand ( that 95% of him was only our fans )
so show some optimism before u posting a comment again

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 4, 2008, 08:20:52 am »
why to be so fucking negative about things ..
in istanbul 2005 i had aticket to the milan section and finally 15 minutes before kick - off as i waited in the police desk with few other of our supporters the police push us to one of the mixed grandstand ( that 95% of him was only our fans )
so show some optimism before u posting a comment again

So what if 3,000 Liverpool fans turn up and try the same thing.  Think before you post.

Also, with the history with Italian fans, what were you thinking of getting a ticket in the Milan end.

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #12 on: October 4, 2008, 07:25:55 pm »
Anyone know of a popular boozer 4 away fans?

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 06:52:58 pm »
quick question..gettin a taxi from the ground to piccadily..would there be taxis outside the ground waiting or is there a rank nearby?!
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline Annoyed Grunt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 07:52:27 pm »
quick question..gettin a taxi from the ground to piccadily..would there be taxis outside the ground waiting or is there a rank nearby?!

No taxi's waiting. Can either walk it(about 20 mins) or get on one of the buses that go to Piccadilly.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 01:27:19 am »
Does anybody know if there are any specs where you can hang a banner in the away end?
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 01:12:17 pm »
If your in the upper tier then you can hang it over the bottom of it I think

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 01:26:28 pm »
another quick question,only been to matches here in ireland as wondering if i can bring my bag into the stadium with me!?

Won't be a problem, they'll obviously search it going in though.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 03:00:06 pm »
Only a year or so late there ;D

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 03:06:49 pm »
Only a year or so late there ;D

Haha . . . .ffs!!! ;D

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 11:33:30 am »
If your in the upper tier then you can hang it over the bottom of it I think
I'm not sure where I am yet ace, I'll get my ticket on the day off a mate. Think you're right though that looks like the only place it could go.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 12:51:07 am »
Done city away a couple of times and its good once your at the ground but im not keen on hanging around on this one - fact that theres no away pub nearby makes it one to get to early, have a couple at the ground, and get back to Liverpool asap...for me anyway.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 09:52:21 am »
Think I'll happily do the pie and a pint for £4 ;D
+61 ticket exchange

Offline LfcMonty

• Kopite
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 06:43:19 pm »

Lat season, wasnt anywere near for a pint before the game i take it that still wont be the case? So everyone just gettin there and going straight in or hanging back away from the stadium i.e. picadilly or somewere?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 07:59:21 pm »
Is it easy enough to park around the ground? Will be cutting it fine getting my last train at 10.15pm I think otherwise.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redpirate

• Say hello to my little brain.....Be quick though, it's shrinking quicker than a polar ice cap.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 11:10:16 pm »
How do you know if you in the Upper or Lower tiers? I'm in SU/214/*/****. Does any one know if that's Upper or Lower?

Offline LfcMonty

• Kopite
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 11:21:17 pm »
How do you know if you in the Upper or Lower tiers? I'm in SU/214/*/****. Does any one know if that's Upper or Lower?

Is it a £46 or a £48 ticket?

Lower Tier= £46

Upper Tier=£48

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2010, 11:24:00 pm »

214 is upper.

http://www.ticketline.co.uk/images/ticketline/seatingplan/manchester-city-of-manchester-stadium-default_lrg.gif
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redpirate

• Say hello to my little brain.....Be quick though, it's shrinking quicker than a polar ice cap.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Jadam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 01:45:23 pm »
Hoping to get the train back after this will we have enough time to make the 10:36 train from piccadilly station? Or is there a bus or something we can get?
"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." -
               Rafa Benitez

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 11:44:28 am »
Hoping to get the train back after this will we have enough time to make the 10:36 train from piccadilly station? Or is there a bus or something we can get?

Its about a 20 minute walk so you should be fine.  There are buses but generally its as quick to walk

Offline LfcMonty

• Kopite
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 11:55:02 am »

Take it nobodys going to the pub due to the lack of one for away fans? And also anyone tell me what time the Barnes are leaving or the SOS? Just seeing what time ppl gettin up there

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 03:20:06 pm »
Going without a ticket, obviously no decent boozers by the ground if i remember... so anywhere worth watching it that won't be too bad?
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline pepe.reina

• Main Stander
  • Every Other Saturday....... or Sunday, or Monday..
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 09:07:23 pm »
Where is there to park then? Pain in the arse Monday night footy.
Every Other Saturday....... or Sunday, or Monday, or Wednesday, or Thursday....

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 03:56:07 pm »
Going without a ticket, obviously no decent boozers by the ground if i remember... so anywhere worth watching it that won't be too bad?

I may be able to get my hands on a spare tonight, some lads dropped out, if another lad can't go i'll have it here. You got PM.

EDIT - Gone.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 04:33:32 pm by JimmyGrunt »
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline Red Man 4 Eva

• Main Stander
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 04:34:34 pm »
I may be able to get my hands on a spare tonight, some lads dropped out, if another lad can't go i'll have it here. You got PM.

EDIT - Gone.

Just sent you a PM lad mate

Offline jimmyred2010

• Anny Roader
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2011, 06:49:11 pm »
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/seatingchart/256272/13193

seating chart for the game due to the other one not working now.

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2012, 05:55:05 pm »
any particular pubs that reds heading to tomorrow
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2012, 07:45:14 pm »
any particular pubs that reds heading to tomorrow

Think city centre mainly lad. Apparently the pubs around the ground aren't really away friendly.

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2012, 07:47:15 pm »
any liverpool fans getting the tram to ashburys station?