Author Topic: Membership suspended. PLEASE HELP  (Read 61874 times)

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Membership suspended. PLEASE HE
« Reply #600 on: April 16, 2019, 03:28:46 pm »
But they wouldn't have been able to buy the Bayern game on 0 credits
They could have got one in the local sale if you want to be pedantic about it
cyas

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Membership suspended. PLEASE HELP
« Reply #601 on: April 16, 2019, 03:30:09 pm »
Except the person who actually attends the game.

Porto H sold out on 1 credit. So someone who went on someone elses ticket for Bayern, would now have two credits.

The overall credit line would come down - how many people do you actually think attend EVERY european cup game in a season?

I was one of those on one who got a Porto ticket.

I also went to the Napoli game on someone else's card, so in this scenario I would now be on 3 credits.

But, if that was going to be the case, the lad wouldn't have sold me his Napoli ticket in the first place if it meant him losing the credit.......

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: April 16, 2019, 03:32:25 pm »
Yeah because that is exactly what I was suggesting that people wanted to do.... :butt
No, predictably what you did is make up a situation in your head and then use that to prove your point.

If you wana go back to the start of this discussion, the original point is about 2000 PEOPLE leaving their tickets UNUSED every game. Sure, some will have legitamate reasons - but most of these will be making a choice to leave it unused. Why should these people keep their credits, when there are people desperate to attend who can't.

I've already said 10 times in this thread that I agree people should't be penalised for circumstances outside their control.
cyas

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #603 on: April 16, 2019, 03:33:47 pm »

I also went to the Napoli game on someone else's card, so in this scenario I would now be on 3 credits.

But, if that was going to be the case, the lad wouldn't have sold me his Napoli ticket in the first place if it meant him losing the credit.......

EXCATLY! And no offense mate but why should you be rewarded with a European credit having not had any yourself, when you wouldn't have qualified to get one in the first place. The only reason you got to go was because of your mate, so why does Giovanni think that you deserve and your mate should miss out, just because your mate's circumstances changed and you happened to be available for that game?
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: April 16, 2019, 03:35:07 pm »

I agree that it will actually increase passing on of tickets not transferring for the reason stated above.

But if the option was go, or lose the credit and the money? (Again, it goes back to how it will police it, and knowing LFC it will be not very well)

I don't think I have the answers by any means, and my experiences are just from my match-going circle - but the credit hunting has to stop - so open to other ideas?
cyas

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: April 16, 2019, 03:35:45 pm »
EXCATLY! And no offense mate but why should you be rewarded with a European credit having not had any yourself, when you wouldn't have qualified to get one in the first place. The only reason you got to go was because of your mate, so why does Giovanni think that you deserve and your mate should miss out, just because your mate's circumstances changed and you happened to be available for that game?
Because he went the game.

Hopefully this will sink in soon.
cyas

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: April 16, 2019, 03:37:23 pm »
No, predictably what you did is make up a situation in your head and then use that to prove your point.

If you wana go back to the start of this discussion, the original point is about 2000 PEOPLE leaving their tickets UNUSED every game. Sure, some will have legitamate reasons - but most of these will be making a choice to leave it unused. Why should these people keep their credits, when there are people desperate to attend who can't.

I've already said 10 times in this thread that I agree people should't be penalised for circumstances outside their control.

But they will if they lose the credit. You clearly don't get it. Wasting my time
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: April 16, 2019, 03:38:09 pm »
But they will if they lose the credit. You clearly don't get it. Wasting my time
I AM SAYING THEY SHOULDN'T LOSE THE CREDIT IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES.

You are correct, you are wasting your time it seems. Fuck me.
cyas

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: April 16, 2019, 03:42:59 pm »
I agree that it will actually increase passing on of tickets not transferring for the reason stated above.

But if the option was go, or lose the credit and the money? (Again, it goes back to how it will police it, and knowing LFC it will be not very well)

I don't think I have the answers by any means, and my experiences are just from my match-going circle - but the credit hunting has to stop - so open to other ideas?

He couldn't go because he was called overseas at the last minute. He's in the army.

His options were sell the ticket to a mate or leave the seat empty.

If he was going to lose the credit then his options were down to just one; leave the seat empty.

I want the credit-hunting to stop, course I do. I've been overseas for the last few years so have completely dropped off all ladders, trying to build it all back up from scratch now. Would be perfect for me to have been given that Napoli credit, but I know if I were going to be given it I wouldn't have got the ticket at all. In the end I got to go the game and the lad kept the credit so both happy as apposed to just one happy.

It's just very complicated as there are loads of different scenarios and circumstances.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: April 16, 2019, 03:45:26 pm »
I AM SAYING THEY SHOULDN'T LOSE THE CREDIT IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES.

You are correct, you are wasting your time it seems. Fuck me.

You suggested that Scouser102002 should get the credit because he went the game? But then say his mate shouldn't lose the credit if it was out of his control? Which one is it?

He couldn't go because he was called overseas at the last minute. He's in the army.

If he was going to lose the credit then his options were down to just one; leave the seat empty.

I want the credit-hunting to stop, course I do. I've been overseas for the last few years so have completely dropped off all ladders, trying to build it all back up from scratch now. Would be perfect for me to have been given that Napoli credit, but I know if I were going to be given it I wouldn't have got the ticket at all. In the end I got to go the game and the lad kept the credit so both happy as apposed to just one happy.

It's just very complicated as there are loads of different scenarios and circumstances.

At least someone is speaking sense  ;)

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: April 16, 2019, 03:46:08 pm »

Leaving the seat empty will be the same result from what I understand = lost credit.

Everyone will just pass them on to mates but be super viligant I guess.

Build a bigger ground instead of pitting people against each other is the answer
cyas

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: April 16, 2019, 03:51:57 pm »
Leaving the seat empty will be the same result from what I understand = lost credit.

Everyone will just pass them on to mates but be super viligant I guess.Build a bigger ground instead of pitting people against each other is the answer

You will lose the credit if it's just once?

Good luck with that haha

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: April 16, 2019, 03:54:35 pm »
.Build a bigger ground instead of pitting people against each other is the answer

Oh, couldn't agree more.

We should have a 70,000 seater stadium.

Mad how many clubs smaller than us have more seats in their ground.

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: April 16, 2019, 03:54:49 pm »
You suggested that Scouser102002 should get the credit because he went the game? But then say his mate shouldn't lose the credit if it was out of his control? Which one is it?
I am saying it is a nuanced issue and outcomes should depend on circumstances.

If you can no longer go because you have a stag do clash with a game following a TV move, is not the same as being unable to go due to ill health for example.

I'm not pretending I know all the answers either, but I don't think anyone who makes a decision not to attend a match should keep the credit. Bored now.
cyas

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: April 16, 2019, 03:57:04 pm »
You will lose the credit if it's just once?

Good luck with that haha
Good luck with what. I'm just passing on what the club are saying, it's fuck all to do with me.

But if they wanted too, they will just change the T&Cs. I would argue that there should be some good grace buffer before they go nuclear on credits.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 03:58:39 pm by Giovanni »
cyas

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: April 16, 2019, 04:33:04 pm »
I am saying it is a nuanced issue and outcomes should depend on circumstances.

If you can no longer go because you have a stag do clash with a game following a TV move, is not the same as being unable to go due to ill health for example.

I'm not pretending I know all the answers either, but I don't think anyone who makes a decision not to attend a match should keep the credit. Bored now.

Don't agree at all. Both are out of the supporters control. It's not the fans fault they had to buy a ticket in July for a December game and then Sky move the game to a Friday night in November. Why should the club hold the supporters money for 5 months, pass the credit to someone else and the regular be left with nothing when it's out of their control?

As you say, you don't have the answers, You speak as someone who doesn't go the game every week and cannot understand the fact that regular supporters constantly bend over backwards to watch the team play, buying tickets in advance, booking time off work, moving shifts,  often travelling across Europe and the UK, no matter what/where/when. To penalise them for this after years and years of dedicated support to the point that they may miss out on future matches is just wrong.

You want to sort the touts out, go after the big fish, not the regulars who have 1 card and miss the odd game because of circumstances out of their control.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: April 16, 2019, 04:46:34 pm »
Time to sack off the Prem bulk sales...

Go back to selling each match 3-4 weeks prior to match date..activate membership cards who obtained a ticket..hardly difficult is it

Would eradicate some of the current issues

Creates a fairer platform for those who get a one hour plus wait in the bulk sales and don't get a single tickets whilst those who are fortunate to get in within ten minutes get a ticket for every game they desire..if they have the required loyalty obviously

according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: April 16, 2019, 05:11:07 pm »

Go back to selling each match 3-4 weeks prior to match date..activate membership cards who obtained a ticket..hardly difficult is it

Creates a fairer platform for those who get a one hour plus wait in the bulk sales and don't get a single tickets whilst those who are fortunate to get in within ten minutes get a ticket for every game they desire..if they have the required loyalty obviously

I'd be happy with that but the club don't want to as they want all the money upfront for cashflow purposes so will never happen now.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #618 on: April 16, 2019, 05:14:30 pm »

Club would never do it but I would have it in mini sales so once the TV fixtures are confirmed.. that block of games would go on sale the following week
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: April 16, 2019, 05:51:12 pm »
Credit hunting will never stop. A lot of fans for cup games won’t go the shit games but buy them just so they qualify for later games.  Hundreds more will want the semi than Porto last week. In terms of passing the ticket on, there should be the same process as passing hospo on. As a e-ticket to a person, who has to carry matching ID. If iD and name on e-ticket don’t match they don’t get in.  Hospo is also touted by some website also

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: April 16, 2019, 05:54:36 pm »
Don't agree at all. Both are out of the supporters control. It's not the fans fault they had to buy a ticket in July for a December game and then Sky move the game to a Friday night in November. Why should the club hold the supporters money for 5 months, pass the credit to someone else and the regular be left with nothing when it's out of their control?
It's not out of your control. You choose between the stag do and the match.
As you say, you don't have the answers, You speak as someone who doesn't go the game every week and cannot understand the fact that regular supporters constantly bend over backwards to watch the team play, buying tickets in advance, booking time off work, moving shifts,  often travelling across Europe and the UK, no matter what/where/when. To penalise them for this after years and years of dedicated support to the point that they may miss out on future matches is just wrong.
HAHAHAHA. I go every game, home and away, every week. I do all those things you have said. There is a poster in this thread who can back that up. So unlucky, you blert.

Like I said, I go regardless. So don't accept that choosing a stag do over the football is out of your control. It isn't.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:00:27 pm by Giovanni »
cyas

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: April 16, 2019, 06:00:50 pm »
It's not out of your control. You choose between the stag do and the match.

So someone should have to cancel a holiday that they have paid for at the risk of losing a credit because SKY/FA have changed the week/date of the game at short notice? Wow.

HAHAHAHA. I go every game, home and away, every week. So unlucky, you blert.

Like I said, I go regardless. So don't accept that choosing a stag do over the football is out of your control. It isn't.

I very much doubt you do, but ok, whatever.

I'm done speaking about this now. I think I've made my points, to which many have agreed. Enjoy the game tomorrow  :wave 

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: April 16, 2019, 06:09:29 pm »

I'm done speaking about this now. I think I've made my points, to which many have agreed. Enjoy the game tomorrow  :wave
Truth hurts I know.
cyas

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: April 16, 2019, 06:11:59 pm »
So someone should have to cancel a holiday that they have paid for at the risk of losing a credit because SKY/FA have changed the week/date of the game at short notice? Wow.

No point speaking to him. He hates anyone that doesn't have an L postcode going to watch our foreign players and thinks people should lose out for having commitments involving their child's education  ::).
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: April 16, 2019, 06:25:32 pm »
It's not out of your control. You choose between the stag do and the match. HAHAHAHA. I go every game, home and away, every week. I do all those things you have said. There is a poster in this thread who can back that up. So unlucky, you blert.

are all of those games in your name or are you using someone else’s, especially for aways?

Offline REDMEN98

• Main Stander
« Reply #625 on: April 16, 2019, 06:29:35 pm »

Scrap the loyalty off, My mate who is a Arsenal fan said he a member and he said can buy each home games and that's include the big games too I Would still go to the small games aswell as the big games or have it like a match bundle pack system for a example were you can get the choice of how many pack of games you want to go from 13 8 4? or can choose less then that.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: April 16, 2019, 06:34:38 pm »
Home league matches are without doubt the Tout haven and the biggest problem the club have, as opposed to league aways which are more easily remedied - collections etc. Only a matter of time until they bring that in, following suit with Man Utd.

Will be interesting to see how the club combat this issue with home games and the people dishing out 5 million cards in the surrounding pubs for every game  ::)

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: April 16, 2019, 06:36:37 pm »
If you scrap loyalty may as well scrap STs

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #628 on: April 16, 2019, 06:46:21 pm »
Scrap the loyalty off, My mate who is a Arsenal fan said he a member and he said can buy each home games and that's include the big games too I Would still go to the small games aswell as the big games or have it like a match bundle pack system for a example were you can get the choice of how many pack of games you want to go from 13 8 4? or can choose less then that.
The problem is Arsenal don’t have the demand we do, unfortunately there isn’t any precedent on how to combat the issues cause no other club has the demand we do.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: April 16, 2019, 07:38:49 pm »
The problem is Arsenal don’t have the demand we do, unfortunately there isn’t any precedent on how to combat the issues cause no other club has the demand we do.
well there is the expand to 80k option but we aren’t owned by a country so that’s out

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: April 16, 2019, 08:16:52 pm »
well there is the expand to 80k option but we aren’t owned by a country so that’s out
Expansion is really the only option, until then there’s no way everyone will be happy unfortunately. We have a small stadium compared to the club of our size

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: April 16, 2019, 08:28:54 pm »
Expansion is really the only option, until then there’s no way everyone will be happy unfortunately. We have a small stadium compared to the club of our size
indeed, can’t see it ever getting much above 60k due to the location (as the main stand rebuild effectively ends any chance of moving), for the most part I reckon that will help, although I’ve felt if we went a good few years of winning the league/seriously challenging as well as a few European cups (after winning the league) then I reckon demand will fall, could probably sell the stadium 4 times over if the wolves game is the one we win the league/get the trophy but a similar situation the following year i doubt will have the same demand

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: April 16, 2019, 09:13:04 pm »
indeed, can’t see it ever getting much above 60k due to the location (as the main stand rebuild effectively ends any chance of moving), for the most part I reckon that will help, although I’ve felt if we went a good few years of winning the league/seriously challenging as well as a few European cups (after winning the league) then I reckon demand will fall, could probably sell the stadium 4 times over if the wolves game is the one we win the league/get the trophy but a similar situation the following year i doubt will have the same demand
Yeah been having similar thoughts, a long period of success will help suppress some demand but it will always be hard to be sorted in good time for all games

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #633 on: April 16, 2019, 10:19:13 pm »
I HAHAHAHA. I go every game, home and away, every week. I do all those things you have said. There is a poster in this thread who can back that up. So unlucky, you blert.

:wave
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #634 on: April 16, 2019, 10:20:18 pm »

He does actually, and has done for years.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: April 17, 2019, 01:54:09 am »
I have tried to get to most games, home and away, ever since I was able to build up my credits.

Two broken-down trains and a bad jam on the M6 have been the reasons for me missing three games.  On those three occasions, the delays were over 3 hours, so I missed the whole game.  (There are numerous other times where the same reasons have made me miss kick-off.)

I was angry enough that I'd spent hours in the bulk sales getting match tickets, lost money on those tickets and train fares and, in the case of evening games, a hotel, and was missing the whole game.

If I was to lose my credit as well, I'd be absolutely furious.

A policy to take credits off people who've made every effort to attend but circumstances prevented it, is not fair.  I can't help but suspect this is being driven by some who think that tickets shouldn't go to people who don't live, or no longer live, close to Liverpool.

If the club go ahead with this credits sanction, then it should be on a three-strikes rule, i.e. you only lose credits if you miss 3+ games per season for which you had a ticket.  And, it would be imperative then that members' tickets do not go on sale until match dates/times have been confirmed so that buyers cannot use changes as an excuse.

I've also missed a few games due to illness.  You only need to miss six home games in a season to risk missing out on guaranteed tickets in the members' sales.  (Of couse, Cat C games are not guaranteed at all, and, as we've seen before, that 13/14 credit cut-off for the guaranteed sale can shift and could move again.)

As you get older, longer-term bouts of ill health become a possibility for any of us; members with years of loyal attendance could find that a bad year means they are no longer able to get any tickets at all, even when recovered.  Meanwhile, season ticket holders can pick and choose when they go, passing on unwanted matches to "friends" and family, and it seems will continue to be able to do so even if the long-awaited amnesty actually happens.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 01:59:38 am by MKB »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: April 17, 2019, 10:12:09 am »
Can we knock off the abuse and being twats to each other?

There isn't a perfect system and there's no fair way to do this. Everyone wants a system that suits them, which is why whatever is done, there'll be loads moaning.

I think if we didn't have it as harsh as 1 credit per game and the criteria listing specific games but instead had per competition (or maybe just general?) totals. Say you get 100 points or something, but you keep them over a period of 3 years. Less chance of life events fucking it short term.

So say, a ticket bought and used is 100. A ticket bought but passed on using the club's system is 50 each, they just tot up over the season. If your seat is left empty, you don't get any points for that fixture - for people stuck in traffic and last minute things might find this one punishes them, but how can this be proven? We can't square all the circles, you'll just have to suck it up. We could back date this using what info the club have.

More people would qualify for sales, definitely. The thing is, I would say keep the bulk sales, but sell less of the tickets in them. Keep back half for another sale closer, allow the transfer of tickets back to the club up until the day before the game and you keep your 50pts but the person buying gets 100 bearing in mind they buy and use it, but transfers to a previously (start of the season?) linked card right up until 1 hour before KO. If you are found to be passing on without informing the club, you lose all of your points, no excuses.

You keep them on a rolling basis, so it's harder to fall off the ladder completely if you don't go in 3 years.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: April 19, 2019, 12:11:38 am »
Can we knock off the abuse and being twats to each other?

There isn't a perfect system and there's no fair way to do this. Everyone wants a system that suits them, which is why whatever is done, there'll be loads moaning.

I think if we didn't have it as harsh as 1 credit per game and the criteria listing specific games but instead had per competition (or maybe just general?) totals. Say you get 100 points or something, but you keep them over a period of 3 years. Less chance of life events fucking it short term.

So say, a ticket bought and used is 100. A ticket bought but passed on using the club's system is 50 each, they just tot up over the season. If your seat is left empty, you don't get any points for that fixture - for people stuck in traffic and last minute things might find this one punishes them, but how can this be proven? We can't square all the circles, you'll just have to suck it up. We could back date this using what info the club have.

More people would qualify for sales, definitely. The thing is, I would say keep the bulk sales, but sell less of the tickets in them. Keep back half for another sale closer, allow the transfer of tickets back to the club up until the day before the game and you keep your 50pts but the person buying gets 100 bearing in mind they buy and use it, but transfers to a previously (start of the season?) linked card right up until 1 hour before KO. If you are found to be passing on without informing the club, you lose all of your points, no excuses.

You keep them on a rolling basis, so it's harder to fall off the ladder completely if you don't go in 3 years.

I like some of these. It suggests a bit of creative thinking rather than what we have atm (and what might be proposed). Probably why it won't be considered.
Liverpool ist Rad!

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: April 19, 2019, 01:40:26 pm »
I like some of these. It suggests a bit of creative thinking rather than what we have atm (and what might be proposed). Probably why it won't be considered.
definitely think a rolling three year system is the way to go, at least for home league games, also when there is an upturn those who turned up when things were shit aren’t put in the same boat as the Johnny come latelies

Offline paulwex

• Kemlynite
« Reply #639 on: April 19, 2019, 02:31:34 pm »
Ok with all these checks going on lately with cards. If someone was handing out a pair of cards for next game what is the best way to be safe with the club so the dont ban you? Are you allowed to pass to friends and email or telephone club in advance?