Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5733320 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Wenger Gone - Unai Emery appointed
« Reply #53760 on: October 29, 2019, 01:29:49 pm »
Troopz is a fucking loser. Fat fuck, high as shit, barely-literate, fucking clown who yells a lot.
He's certainly no Undeh Tey.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #53761 on: October 29, 2019, 01:34:55 pm »
If I was an Arsenal fan, I’d want fan TV wiped off the face of this planet. Has made that club an absolute farce and the absolute laughing stock of English football.

Also think fair play Xhaka. If you can’t take it, don’t give it. He showed some balls there - more than what most of their squad can muster up.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53762 on: October 29, 2019, 01:36:26 pm »
With Arsenal Fan TV you have that Claude guy who clearly has had bouts of mental health issues, getting interviewed after a bad result and basically being made an idiot out of.

I don't think AFTV is really representative of that club and its yet another way to make money out of people who give extreme reactions, which there always will be, especially in football.

Load of shite if you ask me and the participants should be vetted in the same way that is thankfully now more common place for regular TV shows - to stop the vulnerable being exploited. Reminds me of years ago that Tubes lad on Soccer AM being taken the piss out of for always being drunk - turns out he was an alcoholic who thankfully sorted himself out.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53763 on: October 29, 2019, 01:38:32 pm »
If I was an Arsenal fan, I’d want fan TV wiped off the face of this planet. Has made that club an absolute farce and the absolute laughing stock of English football.

Also think fair play Xhaka. If you can’t take it, don’t give it. He showed some balls there - more than what most of their squad can muster up.
The whole "we pay our money to go, so we're entitled to give you all the shit we want" point of view is bollocks, I'm old enough to remember the guy giving Cantona absolute stacks of abuse at Crystal Palace in '95, and how astonished he looked in a "how dare you react to my tirade of abuse" kind of way when Cantona filled the little rat in.

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #53764 on: October 29, 2019, 01:50:16 pm »
I find it baffling that a bunch of knuckle-dragging, inarticulate, nobodies that you see on AFTV actually have their own shows and are media "personalities" / "influencers".  It genuinely makes me despair for the future of humanity that being a thick, rude yob can get you so far.  What's next - having Troopz on Match of the Day for a bit of bantz?  :wanker

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53765 on: October 29, 2019, 01:54:02 pm »
The whole "we pay our money to go, so we're entitled to give you all the shit we want" point of view is bollocks, I'm old enough to remember the guy giving Cantona absolute stacks of abuse at Crystal Palace in '95, and how astonished he looked in a "how dare you react to my tirade of abuse" kind of way when Cantona filled the little rat in.

Most of those abusing him on Sunday would be the first ones running over for an autograph or a selfie if they saw him out in the street.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53766 on: October 29, 2019, 02:33:59 pm »
Ozil in the Arsenal squad for the game tomorrow. No Xhaka.

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53767 on: October 29, 2019, 02:53:01 pm »
Yes, that's how emotional wellbeing works..

Yup. This is why mental illness is such a hidden killer. People nonchalantly dismissing emotional wellbeing as something to get over

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #53768 on: October 29, 2019, 02:55:45 pm »
I think you'll find that Ty is the bestest Arsenal fan in the world

I honestly think Ty is SMS and that’s why he’s gone for months at a time, he alternates between us and Arsenal.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #53769 on: October 29, 2019, 02:59:49 pm »
If you start booing someone it’s a bit rich moaning when they tell you to fuck off

I feel that the fans are enraged because the fuck off came from Xhaka.

They are visibly frustrated that Xhaka hasn't been upto their standards ever since he signed for them. The substitution was clearly tactical and not anything to do with Xhaka's performances in that game. But fans who started to boo saw it differently. They were looking for an opportunity to boo him. And once a small section booed, the rest boo boys joined in because it was a way for them to express their frustration at Xhaka.

Nothing wrong with what Xhaka did because its one thing to boo him when he is having a torrid game. But one thing to boo when not. And Xhaka was clearly had enough of it.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53770 on: October 29, 2019, 03:19:02 pm »
I feel that the fans are enraged because the fuck off came from Xhaka.

They are visibly frustrated that Xhaka hasn't been upto their standards ever since he signed for them. The substitution was clearly tactical and not anything to do with Xhaka's performances in that game. But fans who started to boo saw it differently. They were looking for an opportunity to boo him. And once a small section booed, the rest boo boys joined in because it was a way for them to express their frustration at Xhaka.

Nothing wrong with what Xhaka did because its one thing to boo him when he is having a torrid game. But one thing to boo when not. And Xhaka was clearly had enough of it.

His missus was also booed at the game, and he's had death threats in the past from their fans.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #53771 on: October 29, 2019, 04:05:53 pm »
His missus was also booed at the game, and he's had death threats in the past from their fans.

Thats pathetic if true.

The fans that boo any WAGs of players or target the player themselves with death threats need to have a look at themselves. They are a disgrace to the Arsenal Football Club or to whichever club they support.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53772 on: October 29, 2019, 05:05:33 pm »
Kind of comical.  So if you support a club then you can't ever voice displeasure?  Or only in approved settings away from the general public?  Give me a break.  These players hear worse every single away game and if being boo'd was going to break their spirit then they would never have made it to this level in the first place.

If Donald Trump or Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson were to walk by I'd boo them and if I was questioned why I'd tell them to fuck off to, they're public figures and that's just part of being a public figure.  Football players are public figures and aside from the money they live massively entitled lives where almost every whim is taken care of for them.  As part of living this amazing life they might get Boo'd, so what? 

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #53773 on: October 29, 2019, 05:24:28 pm »
Kind of comical.  So if you support a club then you can't ever voice displeasure?  Or only in approved settings away from the general public?  Give me a break.  These players hear worse every single away game and if being boo'd was going to break their spirit then they would never have made it to this level in the first place.

If Donald Trump or Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson were to walk by I'd boo them and if I was questioned why I'd tell them to fuck off to, they're public figures and that's just part of being a public figure.  Football players are public figures and aside from the money they live massively entitled lives where almost every whim is taken care of for them.  As part of living this amazing life they might get Boo'd, so what?
Your entire statement is just a way of saying my problems are bigger than yours so I can do harm to you and you have to just shut up and take it cause well my problems are bigger than yours.

The fact that he makes money doesn't mean he's supposed to receive that sort of treatment and just be ok with it. You say those things like they're supposed to compensate for his well being, but that's not how mental and emotional well being works and the fact that you act like it even in today's world shows why mental health is such a massive issue.  Fans have the right to express their displeasure but he has no obligation to sit and take that sort of booing, accept those death threats or even the booing towards his missus.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53774 on: October 29, 2019, 05:34:47 pm »
Your entire statement is just a way of saying my problems are bigger than yours so I can do harm to you and you have to just shut up and take it cause well my problems are bigger than yours.

The fact that he makes money doesn't mean he's supposed to receive that sort of treatment and just be ok with it. You say those things like they're supposed to compensate for his well being, but that's not how mental and emotional well being works and the fact that you act like it even in today's world shows why mental health is such a massive issue.  Fans have the right to express their displeasure but he has no obligation to sit and take that sort of booing, accept those death threats or even the booing towards his missus.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure I'm saying and have been saying people have a right to Boo if they choose.  Didn't say anything about death threats or booing of wives and the rest you're completely inferring.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53775 on: October 29, 2019, 05:41:32 pm »
I've only seen the MOTD highlights, but the atmosphere in the stands when they went 1-0 up looked like one of the flattest I've ever seen. Have any of the Arsenal fans on here been to the game to say if it's that bad?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #53776 on: October 29, 2019, 06:20:54 pm »
LFCZA

Retweeted

Times Sport@TimesSport
Granit Xhaka has rejected Unai Emery’s request that he apologise to the Arsenal supporters for swearing at them during the draw with Crystal Palace, reports @garyjacob

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53777 on: October 29, 2019, 06:26:01 pm »
I've only seen the MOTD highlights, but the atmosphere in the stands when they went 1-0 up looked like one of the flattest I've ever seen. Have any of the Arsenal fans on here been to the game to say if it's that bad?
I've only been away to Arsenal once (a gift for my 22ndbbirthday from my Arsenal fan dad) and we won 1-0,courtesy of a Titi Camara goal, and even then it was a fucking library

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53778 on: October 29, 2019, 06:26:26 pm »
The main thing Xhaka should be apologising for is being dogshit every time he's stepped on to the pitch wearing an Arsenal shirt.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #53779 on: October 29, 2019, 06:37:59 pm »
Would have loved Aubame-bloodclaat-yang at the Reds, just an outstanding goalscorer, absolute machine, even in a fairly average Arsenal side, he would tear it up playing for a really really top team.

Think Klopp didn’t really want him?
Perhaps he hasn’t the mentality that Klopp seems to want in his players?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #53780 on: October 29, 2019, 06:41:04 pm »
Think Klopp didn’t really want him?
Perhaps he hasn’t the mentality that Klopp seems to want in his players?

Kloppo seems to like Auba the person, at least he gives that impression publicly  :D Maybe the fallout with Dortmund changed his mind.

But age wise combined with his fee and wages - doubt it was even a consideration.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #53781 on: October 29, 2019, 06:54:45 pm »

Have to say mate, at least you’re consistent. Your knowledge on his subject is as strong as your knowledge on everything else :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53782 on: October 29, 2019, 07:07:06 pm »
Kind of comical.  So if you support a club then you can't ever voice displeasure? 

Nobody said that. A player shouldn't be booed for being taken off by the manager for tactical reasons. In this case he wasn't playing poorly, or making mistakes and was being taken off, Emery made a tactical switch and he decided to take him off. The second part, he's their captain. If he's not good enough, the abuse shouldn't be shown towards him, he's not being picked to play. Regardless of how much money he makes, that doesn't change your ability on the pitch. It's not as if he doesn't put in the effort, and doesn't care about the club he plays for, he's just not good enough and the Arsenal fans are pissed. But to boo him for being subbed off, is inexcusable however you want to look at it.

These players hear worse every single away game and if being boo'd was going to break their spirit then they would never have made it to this level in the first place.

Of course they hear worse, but that doesn't excuse the behavior. Abuse by other fans or individual fans while they're playing doesn't compare to the entire stadium booing you for being taken off at your own ground. The two aren't equal.

If Donald Trump or Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson were to walk by I'd boo them and if I was questioned why I'd tell them to fuck off to, they're public figures and that's just part of being a public figure.

Comparing apples and oranges. Donald Trump and Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson aren't just bad at their jobs, that's not why you would be booing them alone, their character,their behavior,their actions,their bigotry,racism,etc.. is why you're booing them. So unless Xhaka displayed all of that, on the pitch, did something so abrasive and disrespectful, then his ability alone isn't a reason why you would boo him. His effort and professionalism is certainly not the issue.

So a poor example. We've had some abysmal players [Salif Diao for instance] but it's shitehouse behavior to boo a player because they aren't good enough. Lucas was wrongly booed by our supporters, and while they have ''the freedom'' to do so, it doesn't make them less of absolute bellends and tw@ts for doing so.

There's only a set of circumstances that individual players should be booed by their own fans [El Hadj Diouf for instance spitting on a fan] and this isn't one of them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 07:12:30 pm by deFacto »

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53783 on: October 29, 2019, 07:29:27 pm »
It’s Emery who should be apologising, for picking that useless lump every week, and then making him captain. Any scenario that means xhaka never plays for arsenal again is a good outcome.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #53784 on: October 29, 2019, 07:34:37 pm »

Of course they hear worse, but that doesn't excuse the behavior. Abuse by other fans or individual fans while they're playing doesn't compare to the entire stadium booing you for being taken off at your own ground.

Unless it's the end of match communal booing at Goodison. ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53785 on: October 29, 2019, 07:40:00 pm »
Unless it's the end of match communal booing at Goodison. ;D

yes, but they boo their own existence through out the day  ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53786 on: October 29, 2019, 07:42:39 pm »
i really think he will not last until winter and they will probably go hard for a German manager.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #53787 on: October 29, 2019, 07:50:59 pm »
i really think he will not last until winter and they will probably go hard for a German manager.

just any old random German manager?  ;D

If they stick with Emery this season, maybe they'll go for Rodgers in the summer if things don't look significantly better. Although I don't see any reason why'd he'd leave Leicester, they are a better ran club and aren't short of cash to spend on transfers either. Plus the way the league is going, they look like they have a better chance at CL!

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53788 on: October 29, 2019, 08:18:03 pm »
Have to say mate, at least you’re consistent. Your knowledge on his subject is as strong as your knowledge on everything else :)

I'm sorry, did I say I cared what you thought? 

Nobody said that. A player shouldn't be booed for being taken off by the manager for tactical reasons. In this case he wasn't playing poorly, or making mistakes and was being taken off, Emery made a tactical switch and he decided to take him off. The second part, he's their captain. If he's not good enough, the abuse shouldn't be shown towards him, he's not being picked to play. Regardless of how much money he makes, that doesn't change your ability on the pitch. It's not as if he doesn't put in the effort, and doesn't care about the club he plays for, he's just not good enough and the Arsenal fans are pissed. But to boo him for being subbed off, is inexcusable however you want to look at it.

Of course they hear worse, but that doesn't excuse the behavior. Abuse by other fans or individual fans while they're playing doesn't compare to the entire stadium booing you for being taken off at your own ground. The two aren't equal.

Comparing apples and oranges. Donald Trump and Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson aren't just bad at their jobs, that's not why you would be booing them alone, their character,their behavior,their actions,their bigotry,racism,etc.. is why you're booing them. So unless Xhaka displayed all of that, on the pitch, did something so abrasive and disrespectful, then his ability alone isn't a reason why you would boo him. His effort and professionalism is certainly not the issue.

So a poor example. We've had some abysmal players [Salif Diao for instance] but it's shitehouse behavior to boo a player because they aren't good enough. Lucas was wrongly booed by our supporters, and while they have ''the freedom'' to do so, it doesn't make them less of absolute bellends and tw@ts for doing so.

There's only a set of circumstances that individual players should be booed by their own fans [El Hadj Diouf for instance spitting on a fan] and this isn't one of them.

There's a difference between wouldn't and shouldn't.  Just as it's within your rights to Boo it's also within your rights not to Boo.  I agree with most of what your saying except when it comes to explaining when it's not Ok to do so.  That's not the way the UK or US thankfully works and if it did then we'd all be much worse off for it whether you like Boo's or not.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53789 on: October 29, 2019, 08:23:55 pm »
Maybe I'm misinterpreting you incorrectly, but you seem to be more focused on the right for someone to voice their opinion. I am not disputing that people shouldn't have the right to do so, I agree with you in that regard.

In any case, each to his own

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53790 on: October 29, 2019, 09:43:39 pm »
I’m hiring a roofer for mine this week, if he moans about anything I’m screaming at him that he’s a c*nt and see how that goes

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #53791 on: October 29, 2019, 09:52:50 pm »
Troopz is a fucking loser. Fat fuck, high as shit, barely-literate, fucking clown who yells a lot.

Alan Brazil is Troopz?

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #53792 on: October 29, 2019, 09:58:35 pm »
Ironically cheering when he’s being replaced it a bit of dick move as well. My arsenal mate who’s a season ticket holder tried to justify the original booing saying it’s because they needed a goal and he was walking to the touchline.

I mean they have a history of it. If you watch the Eboue incident from a year where they were cheering when he went off it was hard not to feel for him. The bloke looked crushed

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53793 on: October 29, 2019, 10:02:24 pm »
Ironically cheering when he’s being replaced it a bit of dick move as well. My arsenal mate who’s a season ticket holder tried to justify the original booing saying it’s because they needed a goal and he was walking to the touchline.

I mean they have a history of it. If you watch the Eboue incident from a year where they were cheering when he went off it was hard not to feel for him. The bloke looked crushed
Alan Parry on commentary summed it up well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBNSvuilync

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #53794 on: October 29, 2019, 10:05:29 pm »
I’m hiring a roofer for mine this week, if he moans about anything I’m screaming at him that he’s a c*nt and see how that goes

Offline toe punt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #53795 on: October 29, 2019, 10:27:12 pm »
It seems a lot of Arsenal fans, but not all of them obviously, exemplify the worst traits of a modern fan. Visiting the Emirates must be like an episode of Black Mirror where Twitter has become real life. An absolute hell scape filled with utter c*nts.

They're nowhere challenging for the big trophies but they're hardly in crisis, so I don't get the negativity. They should try backing the team occasionally. Like a lot of clubs it's all plastic flags and booing if they aren't entertained.

Also, since when have they actually been the force these 'fans' seem to expect? They are not Liverpool or Manchester United. Arguable they're not even the biggest team in London now.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53796 on: October 29, 2019, 10:35:12 pm »
Emery has let this happen. The fans have been on Xhaka's case for a while now and as we've seen ourselves with Hendo, allowing him to be voted as captain just adds a bigger target to his back. The difference with Xhaka and Hendo is that Hendo was chosen to be captain and was backed up big style by Klopp. Klopp has enough respect and balls to stand up to us fans when it's needed.

Emery letting the player's vote is bad enough. A captain isn't representing just the players, they're representing the club. But Emery has thrown Xhaka under the bus here too in order to get himself in the fans good graces, rather than what he should have done is took a much more understanding approach for both sides. Now he's kind of put himself in a position where he's pissed off Xhaka and probably a number of their players who voted Xhaka in the first place because they like him. He's also still in the fans bad books because of results. He's only gonna come off badly from all this. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 10:37:27 pm by ThePeetmix »

Offline toe punt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #53797 on: October 29, 2019, 10:40:57 pm »
Emery has let this happen. The fans have been on Xhaka's case for a while now and as we've seen ourselves with Hendo, allowing him to be voted as captain just adds a bigger target to his back. The difference with Xhaka and Hendo is that Hendo was chosen to be captain and was backed up big style by Klopp.

Emery letting the player's vote is bad enough. A captain isn't representing just the players, they're representing the club. But Emery has thrown Xhaka under the bus here too in order to get himself in the fans good graces, rather than what he should have done is took a much more understanding approach for both sides. Now he's kind of put himself in a position where he's pissed off Xhaka and probably a number of their players who voted Xhaka in the first place because they like him. He's also still in the fans bad books because of results. He's only gonna come off badly from all this.

Also think the big difference in say the treatment of say Henderson or Lovren by sections of the supporters and Arsenal players is that in Liverpool's case the negativity isn't taken into the stadium.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53798 on: October 29, 2019, 10:44:55 pm »
Also think the big difference in say the treatment of say Henderson or Lovren by sections of the supporters and Arsenal players is that in Liverpool's case the negativity isn't taken into the stadium.

Big time. They are literally like a bunch of walking football twitter accounts even when they're in the ground. No wonder their atmosphere has gone to shit.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53799 on: October 30, 2019, 01:24:41 am »
The ‘devastated and offered counselling’ thing is absolutely a PR ploy by Arsenal to try and soften the anti-Xhaka feeling amongst gooners. He’ll be back in the team within a couple of weeks.