Other
7 (2.1%)
I will spoil my vote
3 (0.9%)
I will not be voting
28 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 329

Voting closed: May 31, 2017, 03:44:36 pm

Author Topic: How will you be voting in the General Election on June 8th?  (Read 26178 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: How will you be voting in the General Election on June 8th?
« Reply #320 on: May 26, 2017, 12:51:00 am »
Has the election just got interesting?

Latest You Gov with research conducted on Wednesday and Thursday, so after the cowardly murders in Manchester, show:

Con 43%
Lab 38%
LD 10%
UKIP 4%
Grn 1%

Also a TNS poll out that has the lead at 8% but the fieldwork was all conducted prior to the attrocity in Manchester

Con 42%
Lab 34%

Definitely a shift towards Labour still though

Surely the unthinkable can't happen again, can it?

Labour is not winning this election.

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #321 on: May 26, 2017, 01:10:16 am »
Labour is not winning this election.

Correct, the Manchester attack was geared to make England more right wing, unfortunately I think they will succeed. BTW Labour were always going to lose no matter about the horrific atrocity. :(

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: May 26, 2017, 01:13:58 am »
Correct, the Manchester attack was geared to make England more right wing, unfortunately I think they will succeed. BTW Labour were always going to lose no matter about the horrific atrocity. :(
er no they where geared towards killing non-believers.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #323 on: May 26, 2017, 01:22:34 am »

Yes of course that is the immediate effect but the wider affect is that they make Europe implode and destroy democracy by using the democratic vote against it.

Thanks for responding but I can't debate this subject too much (the irony I am aware of). I am not directly affected but having children does mean it hurts.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: May 26, 2017, 01:22:40 am »
"If, like me, you live in a constituency where you are forced to tactically vote, you can swap your vote with someone in the same situation.

My area is split between Lib Dems and Conservatives, so in order to vote Labour I swapped with someone living in a Labour stronghold who wants to vote Lib Dem. This way we have a better chance of keeping the tories out and getting Corbyn in!

Get around our bullshit voting system and actually make your vote count!

https://www.swapmyvote.uk/"

Saw this on Facebook and just signed up to it. I highly recommend people do this. Set Labour/Lib Dem or Lib Dem/Labour as the preferred/willing and you're on your way.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: May 26, 2017, 01:24:39 am »
I think what he means by make England more right wing is that part of the intent in such attacks is to create divisions and tension in our society between Muslims and non-believers - IS have said as much in their propaganda.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 04:16:34 am by Bakez0151 »

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: May 26, 2017, 01:26:09 am »
In terms of this election, I think it's nonsense though. We are quite lucky not to have a National Front or Trump in this country. It will be bad to have a Tory government but they aren't that bad.

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #327 on: May 26, 2017, 01:32:41 am »
In terms of this election, I think it's nonsense though. We are quite lucky not to have a National Front or Trump in this country. It will be bad to have a Tory government but they aren't that bad.

I agree with both your points. Its their intention but people should be aware of the opportunity for people that have only their own interests in their mind - do not be played that its "immigrants" etc. Vote against it all and see through the message.