Author Topic: Awesome documentaries thread  (Read 279449 times)

Offline WAQS

• LYRIQAL
  • Anny Roader
Re: Awesome documentaries thread
« Reply #1440 on: June 18, 2019, 10:48:00 pm »
Last Breath on Netflix.

Not going to say anything about it but really worth a watch.

Thanks for the recommendation. I was on the edge of my seat through that one.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #1441 on: June 19, 2019, 05:54:35 pm »
I highly recommend the Ali documentary which is on Sky Atlantic right now, ‘What’s my name: Muhammad Ali. It’s in 2 parts and probably the best I’ve seen about Ali.
Really insightful and, particularly towards the end, very moving.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1442 on: June 20, 2019, 03:26:59 pm »
Last Breath on Netflix.

Was really good. Top recommendation mate.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1443 on: June 20, 2019, 03:39:57 pm »
Last Breath on Netflix.

Saw this available on the flight home from holiday but didn't watch it

Defo gonna give it a go now though.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1444 on: June 20, 2019, 05:30:37 pm »
I highly recommend the Ali documentary which is on Sky Atlantic right now, ‘What’s my name: Muhammad Ali. It’s in 2 parts and probably the best I’ve seen about Ali.
Really insightful and, particularly towards the end, very moving.

Yeah this is class. Plenty of footage that I hadn't seen before and it actually remembers that he had fights in between Liston/Fraser/Foreman.. The 2nd part is pretty depressing though when they showed people forewarning him about his health if he carried on fighting.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #1445 on: June 21, 2019, 12:00:02 am »
Last Breath on Netflix.
And it was... Thanks  :wave
Also watched 'The Legend of Cocaine Island'  ;D  (A desperate man goes on a buried treasure hunt for $2 million worth of cocaine) .... it gets better as it goes on.
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1446 on: June 21, 2019, 01:44:42 pm »
I probably missed discussion on this before, but I've watched the first 3 episodes of the Netflix Ted Bundy doc.

I have to admit to only knowing that Bundy was a famous serial killer but I didn't know the finer details of the case or his life. So to say my jaw dropped on at least 3 occasions at some of the stuff that was going on is an understatement. I mean, he was in the FBI's 10 most wanted list yet the Florida authorities had him in custody for several days without knowing who he was. That is absolutely mind-boggling. The strange thing is, when you look at some of the varied pictures of him, he DOES look completely different even without disguise gimmicks like glasses or facial hair. I don't want to get into his crimes but the detail of those compared to how he comes across on tape/video is unnerving. No question where Jonathan Demme got a lot of his inspiration from.

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #1447 on: June 23, 2019, 12:20:26 pm »
'When They See Us' on Netflix, 4 part mini series on 5 Young Lads failed by the american justice system in 1989 by racial profiling. I won't say too much as its one of those that everyone should watch it, its really hard emotionally to watch at times especially episodes 1, 2 and 4. The acting by the 5 kids portraying the young lads is amazing especially the young guy who plays both younger and older Korey Wise.

Also on Netflix after the episodes is an Oprah show with the actual 5 guys, worth a watch too and you can see the lasting damage this has done each of them.

The one quote from the Oprah show from one of the actual guys that has stuck with me was 'The justice system wasn't broken, it was built that way'

« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 12:39:26 pm by tinman1 »
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1448 on: June 23, 2019, 04:55:15 pm »
'When They See Us' on Netflix, 4 part mini series on 5 Young Lads failed by the american justice system in 1989 by racial profiling. I won't say too much as its one of those that everyone should watch it, its really hard emotionally to watch at times especially episodes 1, 2 and 4. The acting by the 5 kids portraying the young lads is amazing especially the young guy who plays both younger and older Korey Wise.

Also on Netflix after the episodes is an Oprah show with the actual 5 guys, worth a watch too and you can see the lasting damage this has done each of them.

The one quote from the Oprah show from one of the actual guys that has stuck with me was 'The justice system wasn't broken, it was built that way'

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=343064.0
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #1450 on: June 28, 2019, 12:28:24 pm »
I couldn`t find the history thread, but this can also go in here.

Probably the greatest documentary series ever made (well on WWII anyway - but I think the greatest overall) The World at War is currently on the'Yesterday' channel which is on Sky but I also think is on other smart tv boxes etc. The full boxset is there. It is rare that the entire series is available as they still sell the DVD and Blu Ray box set all these years later.

I can remember watching it as a young lad with my Dad and it had a huge impact on me (the narration, the music, the opening shot and story). I have watched it every few years or so since. Recommended for anyone with a vague interest in history and WWII in particular who hasn`t seen it.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1451 on: June 28, 2019, 04:00:01 pm »
Second series of The Confession Tapes on Netflix. As rage inducing as the first season.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #1452 on: July 1, 2019, 01:29:26 am »
Goal:The Story of the 1966 World Cup
On Amazon Prime in the US

I learnt so much watching it. It’s full of actual footage and tells a great story of the whole tournament.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1453 on: July 3, 2019, 05:18:51 am »
The Edge of Democracy on Netflix is a heartbreaking elegy to democracy in Brazil. As someone who knew nothing about the chaos of Brazilian politics over the past few years, it was a real eye opener.

It meanders a little bit, and I think the documentarian, Petra Costa, lets her sadness get the better of her at times, but I still found it very compelling. Well worth two hours of your time.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1454 on: July 3, 2019, 11:10:44 pm »
Does anyone know when that Brian Jones documentary is released on Netflix?

Was reading there that his death might be suspicious and straight up, I hadn’t ever heard the story. Heard the name but didn’t know anything about it until I read something just now.

Did a twitter search and saw another interesting doc come up - 27 Club, about those group of musicians who died at 27. Will give that a watch soon.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #1455 on: July 4, 2019, 10:35:09 am »
That's the one.
I think it was 4 parts in total....each over an hour

Worth it because it not only told the story of what happened in detail but the context of what America was like back then at the same time (in relation to the riots etc)

Still one of the best docs I've seen of this sort to date

Tough watch in parts and I thought they rushed through the post trail part. But quite possibly the best doc I've seen.

Roll Red Roll which is on iplayer at the moment. About the steubenville  football team rape case from a few years ago. Thought was very good
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #1456 on: July 6, 2019, 11:41:03 am »
Theirs is The Glory

Documentary made in 1946 at Arnhem in a half destroyed town using men who were actually at the event and not actors. On Amazon Prime in the US.

Apparently the basis for the Bridge Too Far.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #1457 on: July 6, 2019, 03:46:27 pm »

Interesting little film, I watched it this morning.

It's on youtube here ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiFeYxlPYy4

Stilted and wooden by todays standards, but a little glimpse into what it must have been like and by those who were actually there.

I've got a feeling those two Panthers featured at 35 mins may well have been some of the final ones built under British supervision after the German surrender for evaluation purposes.

The Tank Museum at Bovington has one of them.

75th anniversary of Market Garden coming up this September though there's few remaining now.

I was always impressed by this chap, Lt Jack Reynolds when being led away as a prisoner by the Germans, flicking the V at the German film maker...

Captured but not surrendered.

Not sure if he's still around though he was just a couple of years ago.. https://twitter.com/3468marsh/status/929630860462223360?lang=en
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #1458 on: July 7, 2019, 01:40:41 am »

Stilted and wooden by todays standards, but a little glimpse into what it must have been like and by those who were actually there.

I've got a feeling those two Panthers featured at 35 mins may well have been some of the final ones built under British supervision after the German surrender for evaluation purposes.

75th anniversary of Market Garden coming up this September though there's few remaining now.

I was always impressed by this chap, Lt Jack Reynolds when being led away as a prisoner by the Germans, flicking the V at the German film maker...

Not sure if he's still around though he was just a couple of years ago.. https://twitter.com/3468marsh/status/929630860462223360?lang=en

I never realized that the bridge was blown in the end. I just assumed the Germans kept it and that it was captured near the end f the war when Berlin fell. Looks like the Germans dropped it at some point. You are right in that it was fairly wooden and I don't know that I truly learned a whole lot from it, but I did just find it fascinating to see the simplicity of it and seeing the orders group from a very wounded officer that must have been fairly true to life. Also the order of every man for himself after the rescue boats were shot up must have been pretty sobering to swim the Nederijjn river at night just to escape.

Thanks for the picture of the Lt. I had not seen that before.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #1459 on: July 7, 2019, 06:50:32 pm »
I never realized that the bridge was blown in the end.

Same here, I hadn't realised the bridge had actually been destroyed, I'd just assumed it had survived the conflict.

According to Wiki....

Although the bridge survived the battle, it was bombed and destroyed by B-26 Marauders of the 344th Bomb Group on 7 October 1944 to prevent the Germans from using it to send reinforcements south of the river.[4]
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1460 on: July 7, 2019, 07:32:08 pm »
Goal:The Story of the 1966 World Cup
On Amazon Prime in the US

I learnt so much watching it. It’s full of actual footage and tells a great story of the whole tournament.

IT was a cinema release in 1966. As nobody had a colour telly then seeing the kit colours on the big screen was mind blowing.

And seeing actual black players like Pele and Eusebio when the First Division was full of pasty faced Englishmen and even paler Scots was a real experience.

One segment detailed in graphic clips how the Bulgarians basically kicked Pele out of the tournament.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1461 on: July 8, 2019, 04:21:29 pm »
Tough watch in parts and I thought they rushed through the post trail part. But quite possibly the best doc I've seen.

Roll Red Roll which is on iplayer at the moment. About the steubenville  football team rape case from a few years ago. Thought was very good

Will give it a watch
Still recovering from When They See Us and like to break up my viewings of the uncomfortable docs!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1462 on: July 13, 2019, 06:41:35 pm »
Last Breath on Netflix.

Came on this thread to post this exact thing and watched it last night.

Spoiler
It was a great watch, but in all honesty, I was in suspense over if he died or not. The optics from the start gave it away as did the bloke who was 'Vulcan-like'. His two co-divers were on two opposite ends of the scale in relation to their impact statements. At one or two points, I did feel terribly manipulated in a film-like way, which obviously sets this up nicely for a serial/film.

Which is my little gripe with some survival docs. Some (not all of course), look like they're more of a blueprint for a film than a documentary if I'm honest. It was gripping and all the great elements that a good documentary needs... but I'm still not sure about the format of how that played.

It was very well articulated, wonderfully edited and I'll be honest, it's a bit of a breath of fresh air to see a different format than the standard '999', 'seconds from disaster' 50-1-hour format for the terrestrial networks.
I mean, you go back twenty or so years, and this is a 999 episode with John Buerke.

Miraculous tale of human survival, and it was impactful... But again, came on here to say this no matter what and isn't aimed at anyone in particular.

I don't know wether it is the power, sophistication or just sheer unquestionable shrewdness... But Netflix's docs (in general), are always 50/50 for me. I either love or hate them - some are boss, some are crap. This is an interesting one because it is ostensibly British, but... not?

I can't think of a documentary that has made me feel like that for a while, and it is weird, because I don't think I've seen, or would have seen, a doc of this fashion on our networks.

Brought back memories of The Abyss and the making of... I'm expecting James Cameron to produce a film of this.

[close]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 06:52:40 pm by Skidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1463 on: July 16, 2019, 08:37:36 pm »
The Edge of Democracy on Netflix is excellent.

About recent political developments in Brazil. Features some amazing 'in the room' footage.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1464 on: July 22, 2019, 10:47:10 am »
Did anybody see that documentary about 'Evel Knievel' last night on BBC Four, wow I didn't realise what an absolute lunatic he was. I do however remember the stunt bike toy, it was fucking brilliant!

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/B-H5g9WEqCc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/B-H5g9WEqCc</a>
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1465 on: July 22, 2019, 11:31:37 am »
Did anybody see that documentary about 'Evel Knievel' last night on BBC Four, wow I didn't realise what an absolute lunatic he was. I do however remember the stunt bike toy, it was fucking brilliant!

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/B-H5g9WEqCc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/B-H5g9WEqCc</a>

Our kid had one of those, great toy.

Of course he was a lunatic, sane people do not do what he did ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1466 on: July 22, 2019, 01:15:49 pm »
There's a documentary series on More4 at the moment called Shocking emergency calls which is pretty hard hitting. Some really depressing cases that you can't believe people like this exist in the world. Can catch it on demand or catch up service, worth a watch but by no means is it easy viewing.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1467 on: July 22, 2019, 02:39:51 pm »

It's been on before i believe, really good doc.

Watched the catch up with Louis Theroux on the Westboro Baptists Church - seemed a lot different to what it was on his last visits in 2006 and 2010.  Especially the lad from Bradford.

Apparently all 3 are on BBC i-Player if people have missed out

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #1468 on: July 22, 2019, 04:27:22 pm »

Watching this tonight, cheers for the prompt. That toy once successfully navigated it across West Derby Road, hitting the kerb just outside the Grafton, one summers eve in the late 70's. It had some speed with a minute of winding. Best toy I ever had!

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1469 on: July 23, 2019, 12:06:28 am »
Watching this tonight, cheers for the prompt. That toy once successfully navigated it across West Derby Road, hitting the kerb just outside the Grafton, one summers eve in the late 70's. It had some speed with a minute of winding. Best toy I ever had!

I had a few relatives that used to live off West Derby Road, on that estate behind the fire station, it's probably all gone now. I can believe it made it and was probably unscathed as they built them really tough - just think of the amount of stick we used to give those stunt bikes, trying more and more daring death defying jumps! I can honestly say it is one of the few toys from that era that did not disappoint in any way. I remember watching adverts for toys and they'd look great in the commercial but when you actually tried them they were very poorly designed and built, they were a real let down. I'm thinking about games like Crossfire, Striker and Junk Yard to name but a few.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #1470 on: July 25, 2019, 07:41:12 am »
I had a few relatives that used to live off West Derby Road, on that estate behind the fire station, it's probably all gone now... I'm thinking about games like Crossfire, Striker and Junk Yard to name but a few.

Still a fair chunk of the old 'Phythian' estate remains, I think.
Rubbish toys of youth, notably those marketed as indestructible, would be a great documentary! I nominate Ricochet Racers or TCR. Both utter garbage.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1471 on: July 27, 2019, 08:56:32 am »
I had a few relatives that used to live off West Derby Road, on that estate behind the fire station, it's probably all gone now. I can believe it made it and was probably unscathed as they built them really tough - just think of the amount of stick we used to give those stunt bikes, trying more and more daring death defying jumps! I can honestly say it is one of the few toys from that era that did not disappoint in any way. I remember watching adverts for toys and they'd look great in the commercial but when you actually tried them they were very poorly designed and built, they were a real let down. I'm thinking about games like Crossfire, Striker and Junk Yard to name but a few.

A huge disappointment for me was Super Flight Deck. Utter rubbish.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1472 on: July 27, 2019, 06:14:59 pm »
Still a fair chunk of the old 'Phythian' estate remains, I think.
Rubbish toys of youth, notably those marketed as indestructible, would be a great documentary! I nominate Ricochet Racers or TCR. Both utter garbage.

It was a horrible estate in the end as it was taken over by the druggies, my nan became a virtual prisoner in her own home and the worst part about it was that she was forced to move there as part of the slum clearances. She went from a well built Victorian terrace house off Breck Road to a rabbit warren with balsa wood houses full of rising damp and rotten roof joists. My uncle lived on the outskirts of the estate which wasn't as bad, luckily he was a builder so could fix most of the problems himself!
 ;D 

I don't remember Ricochet racers, is this the one?

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/-k1FZnHTOSY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/-k1FZnHTOSY</a>

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1473 on: July 27, 2019, 06:19:07 pm »
A huge disappointment for me was Super Flight Deck. Utter rubbish.

Yeah that's one of the one's I was thinking of, I remember somebody bringing one in on the last day of school and it was utter shit, I thought to myself 'is that it?'. It hasn't aged well either:-

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/V4vmsRIhn1E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/V4vmsRIhn1E</a>

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #1474 on: July 31, 2019, 01:28:02 pm »
Not sure if its been mentioned already but I watched "The Barkley Marathons" last night on Netflix, its really good. Iron Cowboy is next up for me now.
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1475 on: September 10, 2019, 12:46:30 pm »
Well this certainly took me on an emotional rollercoaster. Can't wait to see how the whole 5 episodes pan out. There's suggestions that this will be remade in local markets.

Old People's Home For 4 Year Olds

A unique social experiment that brings together elderly people in a retirement community with a group of 4-year-olds. Could this encounter between young and old help transform the lives of the elderly?

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/13_rJVvxx_g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/13_rJVvxx_g</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #1476 on: September 20, 2019, 01:21:33 am »

His obit was in the Telegraph today. He was age 95. A man of extraordinary courage.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2019/09/19/jack-reynolds-soldier-captured-operation-market-garden-featured/

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1477 on: September 25, 2019, 11:22:07 pm »
Are there ANY documentaries about 9/11 without it being about the usual conspiracy bullshit and just about the day itself
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #1478 on: September 26, 2019, 01:16:40 am »
Peter Jackson's They Shall Not Grow Old  out on hbo in the states. Incredible
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1479 on: September 26, 2019, 02:46:50 am »
Are there ANY documentaries about 9/11 without it being about the usual conspiracy bullshit and just about the day itself

The history channel in the states had a great multi part one, think it's called inside 9/11

Edit - right name, wrong channel, it was on national geographic. Really good doc
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 02:52:12 am by Mumm-Ra »