Author Topic: Liverpool vs Arsenal March 4th 2017. KO 5.30  (Read 39725 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool vs Arsenal March 4th 2017. KO 5.30
« Reply #240 on: March 3, 2017, 02:48:16 pm »
Yeah....but he's done now.

Actually ridiculous, and I'm one of his biggest fans, but good grief its literally never ending. Never known anything like it. I've known injury prone players, but never one who had so many new injuries. Literally keep him out a few weeks, then a few weeks, then a few weeks, then a few weeks. Eurgh.

He makes Kewell look like Iron Man

Offline Cork Red

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #241 on: March 3, 2017, 02:48:44 pm »
we always do then its back to Marie Carey for Burnley

We played like a team that had been exposed to highly radioactive material alright.

Offline audioedge

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What would Buddha do?
« Reply #242 on: March 3, 2017, 02:55:15 pm »
Win this game and we go 3rd. Happy days

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: March 3, 2017, 02:58:11 pm »
Win this game and we go 3rd. Happy days

Someone will be along to tell you that we're playing Burnley next.

Being serious, though, if we can beat Burnley, our next four games are all winnable and that would mean a four game winning streak at least.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #244 on: March 3, 2017, 03:01:59 pm »
Klopp on Sturridge: "No, he's not training. He was really ill. Now he has a strain in his hip muscle from a rehab session."

Sigh.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #245 on: March 3, 2017, 03:38:34 pm »
Not worried about this, Arsenal are one of the softest teams in the league. As are we. They're not going to get stuck in like Leicester did in those first 5-10 minutes, and neither are we. But they will play football which will work to our advantage. Realistically I'd go for a score draw or a narrow win for us.

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #246 on: March 3, 2017, 04:57:05 pm »
Did a moderator tell you that you were banned for those posts?

Yes.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #247 on: March 3, 2017, 05:18:35 pm »
I know the bastards. That Van Persie last minute winner still grates the shit out of me. How the hell we didn't hammer them that day I don't know. What was even more sickening, was the team completely giving up on the season after that game and ultimately costing King Kenny his job.

I'm fairly sure i still haven't recovered from this one. We were f*cking excellent that day, unbeaten at home and on the back of winning the Carling cup :butt  :butt . That was back when Suarez was deadly clueless in front of goal. Poor guy couldn't even finish a sandwich.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2017, 05:20:24 pm by Garnier »
The change is cast

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #248 on: March 3, 2017, 05:22:21 pm »
Yes.

I find it hard to believe a mod would ban you just because you said we might struggle in a game. Got to be more to it than that.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: March 3, 2017, 05:31:08 pm »
Did a moderator tell you that you were banned for those posts?
i got banned in the summer for a week. I was not told why. I have always assumed it was because i was not following the status quo that our business was great and we were gonna do great. I was saying all our rivals are spending and we have a nett negative spend. Most were predicting top 4. I was predicting 7th or 8th. I was called a whiny bedwetter and then i couldnt post for a week. Was not sent a pm or e mail explaining why by a mod. My opinion that we would finish outside of the top 4 does not seem so outragious at the minute. I hope i am proved wrong and we go on a great run. But banned without warning for disagreeing we had a great window was a joke in my opinion.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #250 on: March 3, 2017, 05:37:30 pm »
i got banned in the summer for a week. I was not told why. I have always assumed it was because i was not following the status quo that our business was great and we were gonna do great. I was saying all our rivals are spending and we have a nett negative spend. Most were predicting top 4. I was predicting 7th or 8th. I was called a whiny bedwetter and then i couldnt post for a week. Was not sent a pm or e mail explaining why by a mod. My opinion that we would finish outside of the top 4 does not seem so outragious at the minute. I hope i am proved wrong and we go on a great run. But banned without warning for disagreeing we had a great window was a joke in my opinion.

Do you lads genuinely think it's going to go down well to come on a Liverpool forum, masquerade as Liverpool fans, predict defeat, say we're shit, bet against us and then get all arsey and slate the forum when you get called out on it?

I'm no mod but I'm pretty sure if anyone of them had the inclination to come and answer either of you, we'd get a very different story to 'I was banned cos I said Liverpool might struggle' or 'I got banned cos I said our transfer window wasn't great'.

Well in on your prediction though mate.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #251 on: March 3, 2017, 05:48:21 pm »
on Sturridge: "No, he's not training. He was really ill. Now he has a strain in his hip muscle from a rehab session."

Actually laughed out loud reading that.

Unbelievable. We're going to be lumbered with this guy till 2019 cos who in there right mind would buy him? He actually signed this contract while out with a long term injury.

You couldn't make it up.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: March 3, 2017, 05:51:04 pm »
Actually laughed out loud reading that.

Unbelievable. We're going to be lumbered with this guy till 2019 cos who in there right mind would buy him? He actually signed this contract while out with a long term injury.

You couldn't make it up.

Because we thought that he would recover from his problem, it's nobody's fault that his body is so injury-prone.

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #253 on: March 3, 2017, 05:53:48 pm »
You can't recover from being Mr Glass.

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
« Reply #254 on: March 3, 2017, 05:54:18 pm »
Koscielny is out for them? If so then they are ripe to be plucked merrily. 4-2 to redmen  :wave

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: March 3, 2017, 05:57:17 pm »
Do you lads genuinely think it's going to go down well to come on a Liverpool forum, masquerade as Liverpool fans, predict defeat, say we're shit, bet against us and then get all arsey and slate the forum when you get called out on it?

I'm no mod but I'm pretty sure if anyone of them had the inclination to come and answer either of you, we'd get a very different story to 'I was banned cos I said Liverpool might struggle' or 'I got banned cos I said our transfer window wasn't great'.

Well in on your prediction though mate.
Masquerade as a Liverpool fan ? I had season tickets long before you were born lad.
Say we are shit ?Never done this in my life either on a forum or in real life.
Bet against us ? Again, never in my fooking life.
Predict a defeat ? Do not think I have ever done it on this forum. I have in real life but always with a heavy heart. I have predicted we would win lots and lots more. Predicting we finish outside the top 4 is not a crime.
As for getting a different story off the mods perhaps if they told me why I was banned then a different story would not be necessary but I genuinely believe that I was banned for disagreeing with the status quo and saying our window was crap.

Offline RedRaj

• Kopite
« Reply #256 on: March 3, 2017, 05:58:10 pm »
Because we thought that he would recover from his problem, it's nobody's fault that his body is so injury-prone.

Difficult to avoid the conclusion that Studge only plays and trains when he feels 100%... isn't that what Stevie and Carra insinuated? He doesn't have the will power to play through pain or aches..

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #257 on: March 3, 2017, 06:36:10 pm »
Koscielny is out for them? If so then they are ripe to be plucked merrily. 4-2 to redmen  :wave

He trained, didn't he? Any official word saying he is out? Some positive news if that's true.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #258 on: March 3, 2017, 06:40:19 pm »

Let's hope so we need a win.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: March 3, 2017, 06:49:54 pm »
Lose and its season over. So they should be motivated at least
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #260 on: March 3, 2017, 06:55:33 pm »
Kos, Ramsey and Giroud all trained today. He is not out of contention.

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #261 on: March 3, 2017, 07:12:23 pm »
Genuinely tempted win, lose or draw to stick around after the game to see the Arsenal Fan TV lot. Can't get enough of it.

You reckon they'll be outside the Annie Road end?
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: March 3, 2017, 07:14:00 pm »
I'm still not over that 4-4 game in Anfield.
No dount we'll beat these, only to...lets just take it one game at a time :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #263 on: March 3, 2017, 07:23:07 pm »
Genuinely tempted win, lose or draw to stick around after the game to see the Arsenal Fan TV lot. Can't get enough of it.

You reckon they'll be outside the Annie Road end?
I expect so, yeah.  I saw them doing their thing outside their ground once, but I didn't know who they were then so I didn't look too closely.  Biggest regret of my life that.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #264 on: March 3, 2017, 08:15:16 pm »
The 2 most pussy underachieving team on current form.

But we will beat them. We got such a small club mentality at the moment that we will always play well against the top clubs.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #265 on: March 3, 2017, 08:25:37 pm »
Been a long season ......my mettle is now shrapnel.....haven't got any faith or trust in this team at the moment ....Leicester on Monday was the straw the 'splintered the camels pancreas'.......haven't looked at any football this week nor read anything ....football has been well and truly volleyed into touch this week .......as for  tomorrow, two lily-livered sides ....Both of whom are sprinkled with magic and shithouseness in equal measure ...

.....fucking gutted with 2017 ...absolutely fucking gutted 

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #266 on: March 3, 2017, 10:51:39 pm »
A few days ago I didn't even want to think about any game, but now it's here  ;D

We will beat these! Don't ask me why but we just will  8)

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: March 3, 2017, 11:39:44 pm »
"They could keep consecutive home clean sheets in the league for the first time since December 2014."

27 months since we kept 2 clean sheets in a row at home? Unforgivable that.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #268 on: March 3, 2017, 11:41:43 pm »
The 2 most pussy underachieving team on current form.

Yer wha?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: March 3, 2017, 11:50:59 pm »
its so strange to be confident ahead of a game against Arsenal but to be expecting a defeat in our next game against Burnley.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: March 3, 2017, 11:59:08 pm »
its so strange to be confident ahead of a game against Arsenal but to be expecting a defeat in our next game against Burnley.

As a Liverpool fan or a football fan in general?

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: March 3, 2017, 11:59:43 pm »

Apart from the one season under Rodgers where Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling were ripping the league apart it has been pretty much like that since Houiller was here.  Up for the big games, struggle against the weaker sides.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #272 on: March 4, 2017, 12:42:39 am »
It's not like we cannot beat the weaker sides, we did it at the start of the season with the odd blip still, ie Burnley. But we do seem to struggle especially when we're not on top of our form. That's when we have the real problems.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: March 4, 2017, 12:46:29 am »
Last chance saloon, this one. I think we will win because Arsenal are the kind of opponent we are suited to, but if we don't then the race for fourth is officially over IMO and we may as well go into rebuilding mode. That means no more Lucas; play Joe Gomez with Matip 2 of every 3 games and with Lovren in the other; find out where Sheyi Ojo has been hiding and give him a run on the left; put Moreno in the shop window and let Jimmy cool his heels until next year; officially give up on Sturridge; give Origi some starts; hope that Grujic is fit enough to play a few games; give TAA and Woodburn some starts, and Ejaria some bench appearances. Most of all, use games against bottom-third teams to start developing a Plan B for the future.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: March 4, 2017, 01:03:37 am »
Apart from the one season under Rodgers where Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling were ripping the league apart it has been pretty much like that since Houiller was here.  Up for the big games, struggle against the weaker sides.

Yeah that's not true. We were't losing to sides like this, so often and consistently under Benitez or Houllier. That's full of shit. We struggled to break down sides, yes, absolutely, but we didn't get beat like this convincingly season in and out. The league table under both of those managers will show you that.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #275 on: March 4, 2017, 01:13:43 am »
Yeah that's not true. We were't losing to sides like this, so often and consistently under Benitez or Houllier.
If you looked at Rafa's first season for example you'd be surprised. He needed time to figure out this direct teams that gave him a lot of problems initially. Klopp has the same problem in front of him, time will tell if he'll solve it as adequately as Rafa did.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: March 4, 2017, 01:56:04 am »
If you looked at Rafa's first season for example you'd be surprised. He needed time to figure out this direct teams that gave him a lot of problems initially. Klopp has the same problem in front of him, time will tell if he'll solve it as adequately as Rafa did.

I remember that season very well, it did take him time but we werent' beating the top sides and then losing to relegation sides. We also didn't have the squad for Europe and the league. The following season we finished with 82 points.

Again my point is that we didn't lose like we are losing to lower sides, and consistently year in and year out. We struggled to break them down, yes, most of those were draws, or one nil defeats, here and there, but the shit that we've been involved in the last several years is on another level.

We also didn't have such a high contrast of results between playing the top sides and the lower sides. We didn't often beat Arsenal,Chelsea and United in the league.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #277 on: March 4, 2017, 06:47:18 am »
Last chance saloon, this one. I think we will win because Arsenal are the kind of opponent we are suited to, but if we don't then the race for fourth is officially over IMO and we may as well go into rebuilding mode. That means no more Lucas; play Joe Gomez with Matip 2 of every 3 games and with Lovren in the other; find out where Sheyi Ojo has been hiding and give him a run on the left; put Moreno in the shop window and let Jimmy cool his heels until next year; officially give up on Sturridge; give Origi some starts; hope that Grujic is fit enough to play a few games; give TAA and Woodburn some starts, and Ejaria some bench appearances. Most of all, use games against bottom-third teams to start developing a Plan B for the future.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

I'm actually properly depressed when I think about our football on 2017.

There was nothing positive to take out of last week's game - nothing - no hint of future improvement or building - that's what made it so depressing.  We just looked and were hapless.

Thank goodness football is not the determining factor for my general mood and approach to life.

:D

Win today to keep Top Four an achievable goal.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #278 on: March 4, 2017, 06:52:45 am »
I remember that season very well, it did take him time but we werent' beating the top sides and then losing to relegation sides. We also didn't have the squad for Europe and the league. The following season we finished with 82 points.

Again my point is that we didn't lose like we are losing to lower sides, and consistently year in and year out. We struggled to break them down, yes, most of those were draws, or one nil defeats, here and there, but the shit that we've been involved in the last several years is on another level.

We also didn't have such a high contrast of results between playing the top sides and the lower sides. We didn't often beat Arsenal,Chelsea and United in the league.
Yep.

The positive is that we've solved for the Top 6/7 in the League.

Funny thing is that while we need to fix the spine, we need to fix it against the lower 14 and we really don't need to raid the top teams in the world for the calibre required to do that.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: March 4, 2017, 07:14:02 am »

Banned for being a free thinking, I-told-you-so, visionary?

Boo fucking hoo