Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2491376 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Apparently he has a clause in his two contract which lets him leave for free in the summer if he wants to.....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Apparently he has a clause in his two contract which lets him leave for free in the summer if he wants to.....

Lol. No chance. Pay £20mil for a player and then put it in the contract that he can walk away for nothing in 10 months if he feels like it? That's not even remotely realistic.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Lol. No chance. Pay £20mil for a player and then put it in the contract that he can walk away for nothing in 10 months if he feels like it? That's not even remotely realistic.

He was about £5m wasn't he?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

No?

Quite a few sources seem to think there is

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2021/02/15/602a77a4e2704e635d8b45d8.html

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
Like he obviously won’t have pace but he is clever as fuck in the box , just think of all the missed chances this season - if he was on the end of them he would rip the net with most of them . Just think a bit of experience like that and someone who has played in this league wouldn’t be a bad thing .

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Plus it'd be good to have another option like that who is good at winning penalties, to not win us penalties

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
Plus it'd be good to have another option like that who is good at winning penalties, to not win us penalties
Fact  ;D

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'd love Luis back for a year or two if the wages and fees are reasonable enough to allow us to strengthen elsewhere as well,we'd still never get a free kick or a penalty as others have said and the press would shit all over us but f*ck them at this point.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
He was about £5m wasn't he?

I'm an idiot. I thought I was in the Thaigo thread. Need a nap.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mac Red won;t be pleased.  :D

Porto will try to keep Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic next season. The Serbian has shown his ability ti stay in Portugal, and FC Porto will try to negotiate a lower fee than the €23M asked from #LFC last season. [@Record_Portugal]

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Watching Konate play now, he looks about twice the size he was 2 years ago :lmao

He's a tank!

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Why? If we involve Jorge Mendes in the process, and end up getting Andre Silva, I wouldn't mind selling Grujic ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Frankfurt’s Andre Silva has a 30m euro release clause this summer, says Sport1 in Germany.

I think that Jorge Mendes is holding his economic rights at the moment ...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why? If we involve Jorge Mendes in the process, and end up getting Andre Silva, I wouldn't mind selling Grujic ...

Thought you were elected the president of the Grujic fan club mate.  ;D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
Thought you were elected the president of the Grujic fan club mate.  ;D

I like Marko, and he is definitely good enough to be a squad player with us, but if Porto are willing to pay a decent price, I'd be happy to use those funds on another player ...

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
I think that Jorge Mendes is holding his economic rights at the moment ...

Swap deal for Rebic, fees kept low to minimise the sell-on clause amount payable to Fiorentina.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
;D

Interesting quotes from Konate.

“There are often rumours in football and many believe them immediately. I or my agents did not get a call from Liverpool,” Konate told BILD.

“I also have big goals with RB Leipzig: These are currently the best possible result in the Bundesliga, reaching the cup final and the U21 European Championship with France.

“I have a contract until 2023. And contracts are there to fulfil them.

“I don’t want to be Dayot’s [Upamecano] successor. I’m me. We both came to Leipzig in 2017 and played well together here.

“Unfortunately, our paths are now parting. I’ll give Dayot the new job and continue doing my thing here.”

Not really interesting, he’s saying everything you would want your linked away player to say... Can imagine him playing some good straight bat shots if he ever played cricket.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
we have an ageing squad.
Last thing we need is Suarez even on a free.
No chance that is happening.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
we have an ageing squad.

Not sure why an ageing squad makes any difference to bringing someone in short term who is still able to contribute - especially when most are saying only if the fee and wages don’t stop us going for our other targets.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
we have an ageing squad.

Yeah but Ollie, even if his signing helps us next season, then it's worth considering surely?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online MD1990

• Legacy Fan
Not sure why an ageing squad makes any difference to bringing someone in short term who is still able to contribute - especially when most are saying only if the fee and wages don’t stop us going for our other targets.
We are signing a forward for 40m+ in the summer. I have no doubts we will with players off at the ANC.
Considering that we probably need a fast forward more than an out & out striker imo.

Online MD1990

• Legacy Fan
Yeah but Ollie, even if his signing helps us next season, then it's worth considering surely?
if it wasnt alondside another forward I wouldnt mind it at all.

If it is one of our only forward signing then I would be quite worried about how slow the forward would be.
Suarez is still a great finisher but his off the ball work is awful now.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sounds like Tammy Abraham will be on the market this summer. Left out of Chelsea’s FA Cup squad today despite being fully fit. I know some here are a bit down on him but if we are in the market for a No9, I’d be really intrigued to see us go for him. Again, whether Chelsea sell to a rival is obviously a different matter.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Sounds like Tammy Abraham will be on the market this summer. Left out of Chelsea’s FA Cup squad today despite being fully fit. I know some here are a bit down on him but if we are in the market for a No9, I’d be really intrigued to see us go for him. Again, whether Chelsea sell to a rival is obviously a different matter.

Can’t see why they won’t - they like cash over there. (He’s a way less significant player to them than Mata was for example) ... whether it’d be a price we want to pay is a different question
No idea what are options are this summer but as posted before he should definitely be on the list

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
We are signing a forward for 40m+ in the summer. I have no doubts we will with players off at the ANC.
Considering that we probably need a fast forward more than an out & out striker imo.

Again, I said as long as it doesn't stop us signing the players we're looking at anyway.

Like you say, with ANC we could be down to Jota and a new striker, with an long term under performing Firmino. I'd not say no to having Suarez as another option over the likes of Origi, Shaq and Mino.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Again, I said as long as it doesn't stop us signing the players we're looking at anyway.

Like you say, with ANC we could be down to Jota and a new striker, with an long term under performing Firmino. I'd not say no to having Suarez as another option over the likes of Origi, Shaq and Mino.

If we cannot trust Firmino for 3-4 weeks in January then we have to question whether there is any value in him being here. I think we need to be having a compact squad with players who tangibly contribute so for me it would be either Suarez or Firmino.

Overall I personally think we need to be signing first choice players, bumping the current lot down a level and selling those who offer very little to no value, which is now quite a lot of players in this squad.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
If we cannot trust Firmino for 3-4 weeks in January then we have to question whether there is any value in him being here. I think we need to be having a compact squad with players who tangibly contribute so for me it would be either Suarez or Firmino.

Overall I personally think we need to be signing first choice players, bumping the current lot down a level and selling those who offer very little to no value, which is now quite a lot of players in this squad.

I don't think bumping Firmino down helps though. Would you be thinking "yeah, he can grab us a goal" as he comes on at 75mins when we're 1-0 down?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I don't think bumping Firmino down helps though. Would you be thinking "yeah, he can grab us a goal" as he comes on at 75mins when we're 1-0 down?

In which case he shouldn’t be at the club anymore really.

Clearly Suarez is still able to offer something and I wouldn’t be against signing him and therefore for me I would look to sell Firmino if we signed Suarez.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
I really like him, just can't see Chelsea sell to us unless it's for some big fee.

Strong feeling he'll end up back at Aston Villa and do well.

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
Crossing is a really inefficient way to score

Good thing noone told Robertson and Trent that.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good thing noone told Robertson and Trent that.

You’re very welcome to go and look at how many crosses they make and how many chances / goals it creates

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I really like him, just can't see Chelsea sell to us unless it's for some big fee.

Strong feeling he'll end up back at Aston Villa and do well.

Yeah someone said he had a contract thing but I think he’s got 3 years left so he’ll probably end up on loan at a mid table club next year

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
You’re very welcome to go and look at how many crosses they make and how many chances / goals it creates

If we change our approach where the midfield is asked to do more from a creation sense then what that means to someone like Trent in particular. Does his involvement lessen if he is asked to be more of a traditional full back?

Clearly though our attack isnt functioning well enough so everything will have to be looked at this summer.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
This would be surprising given that he has only started 4 league games all season and he was subbed off in 3 of them, one after 46 minutes.

Online MD1990

• Legacy Fan
Abraham would be a good signing. Although i doubt Chelsea sell to us.
I could see him going to Dortmund or Leipzig rather than a midtable PL club

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If we change our approach where the midfield is asked to do more from a creation sense then what that means to someone like Trent in particular. Does his involvement lessen if he is asked to be more of a traditional full back?

Clearly though our attack isnt functioning well enough so everything will have to be looked at this summer.

I dont necessarily think so. Trent and Robbo while putting in crosses aren't playing the same as last year. They are crossing to try and force a chance rather than using it to end a well worked attack. I dont think we have to make an approach of this year didn't work so switch it so 75% of our chances created are from midfield. I think with a few tweaks we can still go back to something similar if not exactly the same as last year, where by we used Trent and Robbo as width after working the ball to break apart tightly pack defences.

These two are so good that I think we have to use them in the attack, we would struggle to find something more effective. Just we need actually support that avenue of attack more as a team.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Abraham would be a good signing. Although i doubt Chelsea sell to us.
I could see him going to Dortmund or Leipzig rather than a midtable PL club

Abraham all comes down to price. If we can get him for say 25 - 35 million then he's probably worth that right off the bat if he plays to his current level. He can score 10 - 12 goals a season and be in the rotation.

If they are chatting 50 million or so then you have to ask "is he going to be a 20 goal a season striker? Is he good enough to be the main striker for a team with ambitions to win the PL" Which he hasn't hasn't yet but he might be under the right guidance and tactics.

But yeah for around 30 million he is a no brainer. If you start going above that, not as much.

I can't see him going abroad, I see him going to possibly a team like Spurs especially if they lose Kane.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
Suarez? As in Luis Suarez?

The same Suarez who ran off to the papers because we wouldn't sell him to Arsenal? Or decided to start biting other players on the pitch? And the whopper of them all! In todays climate of racism we are going to bring back a player who was found guilty of racism? Not to mention that whole T shirt fiasco.

He shouldn't be anywhere near this football club.