The Liverpool FC Forum > Media and Arts

Very Funny New Comedy tonight on ITV2 (update)

(1/12) > >>

DaveLFC:
Sad fans of the new hit comedy 'Bitter Neighbours' will watch the last episode tonight on ITV2 after the show was cancelled. "it really is strange" says an ITV2 boss. "The show was such a great hit with tv audiences but failed badly with the live audience, who at times booed or didn't find it funny at all." So badly did it go down with the live audience thay have had to offer cheap tickets and beer to students to try to get some kind of reaction, a trick not tried since the filming of the poor BBC Comedy 'birds of a feather'

But good news for fans of this comedy cast is that they are still appearing LIVE in their Saturday shows with some of them being shown live on Sky on a Sunday. A Sky spokesman said "after seeing how funny the it was two weeks ago i cannot believe that the show has been cancelled, I wanted to see this comedy run and run. We've negotiated with the cast to show some of their other even more funnier material in selected slots on our network"

So tune in tonight for the climax or is it finale of this great comedy show, again you're promised some laughs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday night has always been the home of comedy. So it is fitting that this Thursday we see a new and different style of comedy hit our TV screens, can a new format like this make it? As one ITV2 executive put it "Thursday night is perfect for comedy, it is so close to the end of the working week, for some it is pay day. People are more likely to laugh and are a lot happier on a Thursday, yet they don’t tend to go out choosing instead to watch TV, so it makes it a perfect night for us to show great comedy on"

This is backed up the decision some years ago to show the USA hit sit com ‘Friends’ over in the UK on a Thursday night. Ricky Gervais recently decided to show his latest effort ‘Extras’ on a Thursday night along with the very funny Catherine Tate show. Channel four also ran Peter Kay’s highly successful ‘Phoenix Nights’ on a Thursday, reinforcing the fact.

We spoke to the writer of this new ITV2 comedy show and he told us what it is all about
“Well, it’s basically a bunch of over achieving rough types who blame their problems and situations on their neighbours. They are trying to compete in a world where they are clearly ‘out of their league.’ Of course there are some great characters, the lead character for instance. He is a delusional man who although leads the group is as bitter and as hapless as the rest of them. There is of course a character that all of the other people seem to send their problems to and he is an aggressive scot, very poor social skills who somehow manages to get through life, more by elbowing people out of the way than by anything else. The support cast are all very bitter and combined it makes for pure laughs”

The writer is keen to point out that there will be many laughs along the way, although he did add “We are not sure about the reaction we will get, the pilot is a two part “sort of home and away if you like’ and if it provides enough laughs then this could see the series going on for a few months.” Having watched some of the pre shows it is clear that this show is going to be funny but as the writer has already said, how long will it last?

ITV2 is the channel for this new comedy, 'the bitter neighbours' tonight at 7.45pm

http://www.itv.com/listings/ShowListings.aspx?itvregion=london&itvpackage=ds&itvgenre=4&channelid=ITV2

Hinesy:
brilliant ;D ;D

Hinesy:
I've heard they had a pilot show a few weeks ago but the 2 parter failed miserably so they've changed the format.  Can't see that working either..

DaveLFC:

--- Quote from: hinesy on September 15, 2005, 11:43:53 am ---I've heard they had a pilot show a few weeks ago but the 2 parter failed miserably so they've changed the format.  Can't see that working either..

--- End quote ---
You mean the 'pre show' it was of course a huge success and brought about this effort. Ok they changed the format a little but it was still very very funny in lots of ways I am sure this will be even funnier than that.

DaveLFC:
I should have been less subtle  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version