Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures 14th - 16th January  (Read 31086 times)

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Premier League Fixtures 14th - 16th January
« Reply #1080 on: January 16, 2022, 03:58:26 pm »
Why isnt there a super sunday game on, I dont pay sky to watch them chat about football. I think ill send an email, want a refund.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1081 on: January 16, 2022, 03:58:32 pm »
Var the enemy of common sense once more

Got to change it

Obviously there's a person behind the screen (who often makes the wrong call still), but that's the point/problem with video technology, it's literal, there's no common sense applied.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1082 on: January 16, 2022, 04:02:18 pm »

West Ham 0 - [1] Leeds; Jack Harrison 10' - https://mixture.gg/v/61e427deb41b2

West Ham [1] - 1 Leeds; Jarrod Bowen 34' - https://mixture.gg/v/61e42d103c709

West Ham 1 - [2] Leeds; Jack Harrison 38' - https://mixture.gg/v/61e42dde03dcd

West Ham [2] - 2 Leeds; Pablo Fornals 52' - https://mixture.gg/v/61e435b16dd20

West Ham 2 - [3] Leeds; Jack Harrison hat-trick 60' - https://mixture.gg/v/61e437b9e3f01 & https://juststream.live/GotInterrogatingLaird

West Ham 2 - 3 Leeds United; Bowen miss 94' - https://streamja.com/1O5GP
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1083 on: January 16, 2022, 04:05:55 pm »
City have killed this league. How can you be on 45 points from 21 games and effectively be out the title race?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1084 on: January 16, 2022, 04:18:20 pm »
Why isnt there a super sunday game on, I dont pay sky to watch them chat about football. I think ill send an email, want a refund.

Wouldn’t of been that ‘super’ anyway watching two teams that are the epitome of ordinary.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1085 on: January 16, 2022, 04:25:11 pm »
Obviously there's a person behind the screen (who often makes the wrong call still), but that's the point/problem with video technology, it's literal, there's no common sense applied.

I know

what I mean is if they’re going to apply so literally then surely they have to amend a few things to be common sense

In the example of the 4th league goal you could put in a clause that it’s up to the refees integrity wether it was going to be a goal or not

That was clearly a well worked goal and nothing wrong with it
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #1086 on: January 16, 2022, 04:28:12 pm »
it hit his arm and he was offside, how isn't that wrong? It's not the referees fault that Rodrigo had his arms out shouting at a team mate for not passing to him. It was a foul by the laws of the game. If you want 'common sense' then might as well be no laws.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1087 on: January 16, 2022, 04:36:53 pm »
it hit his arm and he was offside, how isn't that wrong? It's not the referees fault that Rodrigo had his arms out shouting at a team mate for not passing to him. It was a foul by the laws of the game. If you want 'common sense' then might as well be no laws.

Mate it was going in anyway is the point. He’s literally on the line and over it

That would’ve been a goal in the last 150 years of football
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1088 on: January 16, 2022, 04:45:58 pm »
Na that was rightly ruled out. He's blatantly offside and the ball hits him last.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1089 on: January 17, 2022, 12:01:07 am »
I'd take Coutinho back in a heartbeat just because the thought of it pisses off someone that claims to be a grown adult.

Get fucked you tit
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1090 on: January 17, 2022, 12:04:51 am »
Really terrible result for West Ham.  Always like the thought of some movement in the top 6 and recently that has been the case with Leicester, Wolves, and West Ham performing at times to an almost CL level.  Looks like that's not going to happen this year so just need to hope ManU gets Europa or worse I guess as a consolation.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: January 17, 2022, 12:07:33 am »
Get fucked you tit

Fair bit of abuse you're dishing out lately. Everything OK? All that anger isn't good for your health.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1092 on: January 17, 2022, 01:01:43 am »
Fair bit of abuse you're dishing out lately. Everything OK? All that anger isn't good for your health.

Something was lost in translation...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #1093 on: January 17, 2022, 01:18:13 am »
Mate it was going in anyway is the point. He’s literally on the line and over it

That would’ve been a goal in the last 150 years of football
It deffo wouldn’t have. There’s been goals ruled out many times for someone touching the ball on the line. This isn’t the first time it’s happened. Offside has always been offside since it’s been added to the laws and he was offside.

I mean there’s even that piss take goal that Nani tried to steal off Ronaldo that got disallowed. That was years ago!
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1094 on: January 17, 2022, 09:48:16 am »

Apologies. Had just got back from the match and you wanted a rise out of me and got one.

I had come back pretty happy and was delighted with the way the boys and the management had analysed and dealt with the Arsenal draw.

Our change of pace and change of strategy was wonderful to see and yet you're on here trying (and succeeding) to wind me up..

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1095 on: January 17, 2022, 09:52:47 am »
He's got a habit of that Andy, but you're still talking absolute drivel about Coutinho ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1096 on: January 17, 2022, 09:54:06 am »
He's got a habit of that Andy, but you're still talking absolute drivel about Coutinho ;)

Probably guilty of that, but I just have to look at who we signed with the money to not regret him going :)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1097 on: January 17, 2022, 09:58:38 am »
Probably guilty of that, but I just have to look at who we signed with the money to not regret him going :)

Oh yeah no doubt, and we absolutely robbed Barca regardless. If we'd accepted the initial offer of £90 million for him it would have been daylight robbery by us, but £140 million was absolute insanity. Particularly when his game doesn't really fit with how we play, and I don't really think fits with how many top teams have played since 2018.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #1098 on: January 17, 2022, 10:49:33 am »
If the current postponement rules were in place last season, I wonder how many games we would've been eligible for postponements from our injury problems. Actually curious to know, would've made a stranger season even stranger.

Online Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: January 17, 2022, 11:18:42 am »
If the current postponement rules were in place last season, I wonder how many games we would've been eligible for postponements from our injury problems. Actually curious to know, would've made a stranger season even stranger.

We'd still be finishing up last season while playing this one I think...

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1100 on: January 17, 2022, 11:57:17 am »
Oh yeah no doubt, and we absolutely robbed Barca regardless. If we'd accepted the initial offer of £90 million for him it would have been daylight robbery by us, but £140 million was absolute insanity.
Plus the clause that they couldn't sign any further players from us for several seasons (whatever period it was), which potentially prevented their destabilising others of our players from that CL-final-reaching team, and was also a type of humiliation in itself.

It was a deal for the ages that one. One of the best ever. They'll be lecturing about it in business studies courses for decades to come.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #1101 on: January 17, 2022, 12:38:48 pm »
We'd still be finishing up last season while playing this one I think...

Would've robbed us of Alisson's header too

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1102 on: January 17, 2022, 12:55:41 pm »

None I don’t think.  As the deal with Arsenal this week is they can count the 4 (or is it 5?) players they have at AFCON, as they don’t actually have the worst injury crisis going on or anything.

I seem to recall we did have maybe 8 or 9 out a couple times, but even that would still leave enough to make a team.  Our issue was more having 3 long term injuries in one position, and then 2 or 3 others first 11 players out at the same time, consistantly, during the 2nd half of the season.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1103 on: January 17, 2022, 02:31:27 pm »
None I don’t think.  As the deal with Arsenal this week is they can count the 4 (or is it 5?) players they have at AFCON, as they don’t actually have the worst injury crisis going on or anything.

I seem to recall we did have maybe 8 or 9 out a couple times, but even that would still leave enough to make a team.  Our issue was more having 3 long term injuries in one position, and then 2 or 3 others first 11 players out at the same time, consistantly, during the 2nd half of the season.

plus once january rolls around - the PL could easily say - buy players if you have an injury crisis.

yes it's a bit more nuanced than that of course for last season. this season though - the PL and FA has made a mockery of this.

Look at the rest of Europe - barely any postponements its seems.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: January 17, 2022, 02:54:03 pm »
Burnley vs Watford due to be postponed due to lack of interest.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1105 on: January 17, 2022, 03:02:35 pm »
Burnley vs Watford due to be postponed due to lack of interest.

If agreed then Burnley will have played 17 games.

But at least they sold their striker when short on numbers.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1106 on: January 17, 2022, 03:08:11 pm »
If agreed then Burnley will have played 17 games.

But at least they sold their striker when short on numbers.

Just had a look at their site. Their squad is 23 players, 3 of which are goalkeepers.
How many of their postponements have been at their own request?

Offline Decomposing Composer

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1107 on: January 18, 2022, 12:16:11 pm »
Burnley v Watford has been postponed. Burnley have 5 games in hand now. Dyche said currently he only has 10 players available, their next game is only 5 days away. Making it very likely that will get postponed too. Burnley are getting close to the point where if any more of their games get called off, they won't be able to rearrange them all before the end of the season.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 12:17:55 pm by Decomposing Composer »
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good, is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1108 on: January 18, 2022, 12:19:44 pm »
We play them soon don't we? They'll have had about 8 weeks rest leading up to it ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1109 on: January 18, 2022, 12:22:24 pm »
Burnley v Watford has been postponed. Burnley have 5 games in hand now. Dyche said currently he only has 10 players available, their next game is only 5 days away. Making it very likely that will get postponed too. Burnley are getting close to the point where if any more of their games get called off, they won't be able to rearrange them all before the end of the season.

whole thing is ridiculous.

Burnley had 16 players available last night for their U23 game.

If the Premier League was actually competent (ha!), they should have had rules in place from the get go, that if you have the required number of professional players, regardless of experience, then you play or forfeit. Burnley (and Leicester, and Arsenal) clearly have more than enough as all PL clubs have.

Couple weeks ago Bundesliga made it clear that a team had to play on despite having over half their 1st team squad unavailable, they basically filled their bench with U23 players (and gave debuts to 2 of them late in the game), and added 1 or 2 youngsters to their line up and off they went.

Only postponements should be for when a training ground is locked down and no one can actually get together to train and prepare.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1110 on: January 18, 2022, 12:45:09 pm »

If the Premier League was actually competent (ha!), they should have had rules in place from the get go, that if you have the required number of professional players, regardless of experience, then you play or forfeit. Burnley (and Leicester, and Arsenal) clearly have more than enough as all PL clubs have.

Couple weeks ago Bundesliga made it clear that a team had to play on despite having over half their 1st team squad unavailable, they basically filled their bench with U23 players (and gave debuts to 2 of them late in the game), and added 1 or 2 youngsters to their line up and off they went.

Only postponements should be for when a training ground is locked down and no one can actually get together to train and prepare.

WTF is Burnley doing - making up injuries in training and giving people covid to avoid playing? This is ridiculous.

Worse than Aresenal's recent shenanigans.

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1111 on: January 18, 2022, 01:01:15 pm »

I think the Premier League is the only league who has has the 13+1 rule and only counting "appropriately experienced" players towards that total. All the other leagues as far as I'm aware make you use all your players (U23's and further down if you have to) till you can assemble a team and the game goes ahead.
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good, is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1112 on: January 18, 2022, 01:05:46 pm »
There's a new thread for this week's games  :wave

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=351255.0

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1113 on: January 18, 2022, 01:20:45 pm »
There's a new thread for this week's games  :wave

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=351255.0

Cheers. I will post in there instead.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: January 18, 2022, 02:56:07 pm »

you and your common sense .... jeez ....