Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 850071 times)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2020, 07:32:46 pm »
Imagine having a pint with clinical and Fromola. Fuck that would be depressing  ;D

I would end up pouring the pint over my head.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2020, 07:33:37 pm »
I read somewhere the league has to be completed for it to count. CL, Europa League and relegation places need to be sorted.

If for example the League was stopped after 34 games but we were unassailable they’d have to award us as Champions. We’d throw too big a strop if they didn’t and set up some breakaway league with those Wools from Mars or whoever else wanted to play us.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2020, 07:33:51 pm »
Someone on radio just said that Hendersons enthusiasm is infectious...…. What the fuck, Cant believe hes starting today, should be in isolation.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2020, 07:35:18 pm »
I read somewhere the league has to be completed for it to count. CL, Europa League and relegation places need to be sorted.

Exactly! So the best bet is that it's delayed at worst. With it resuming in the summer. Cancel Euro 2020 till next summer. 

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2020, 07:38:45 pm »

Be interesting to see if they'd let us lift the trophy against Palace then.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2020, 08:49:14 pm »
I would end up pouring smashing the pint over into my head face.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2020, 08:55:37 pm »
So Arsenal only had 5 players isolated, the rest trained, no plans/intention for anyone to be tested and all the rest been in training since Tuesday.

Meanwhile Forest and Olympiakos tested everyone and all tests negative.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2020, 09:53:02 pm »
Any source for this is or is blind speculation/panic spreading?

The 60 day thing is a written regulation by the league.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2020, 10:18:55 pm »
This is not good at all.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-juventus-confirm-defender-daniele-21678138

Only a matter of time before players started getting it. Hard to see the CL carrying on. Juve 2nd leg next week.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2020, 10:19:24 pm »
Only a matter of time before players started getting it. Hard to see the CL carrying on. Juve 2nd leg next week.

Hard to see any football carrying on.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2020, 10:46:48 pm »
At least the actual match was a distraction from worrying about actual matches.
Fucks sake.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2020, 10:49:24 pm »
Cancel the Champions League, it's only sensible.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2020, 10:50:12 pm »
Been a ton of questions about what happens with the Premier League. From the reporting so far, the plans are currently:

1. Carry on as we are.

2. Move to playing behind closed doors.

3. Meeting of Premier League shareholders (ie the 20 clubs) where it'll be decided whether to postpone season, cut the season short, or cancel the season entirely.

One thing which has been said a few times is that when players starting coming down with it then it'll be difficult not to then move to the third stage straight away. But long story short is that it'll be a decision of (at least a majority) of the clubs on what to do.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2020, 10:51:32 pm »
I can’t see the quarter finals going ahead, especially now one of the players has Coronavirus. I haven’t seen mention of what’s happening with the rest of the Juve squad yet but I’d guess there’s a very high chance they’ll all be quarantined for 2 weeks away from the training ground. They already have restricted movement within their local area from the lockdown.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a Ł25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2020, 10:53:32 pm »
Teams having to travel across Europe and still play games while this is happening is so fucking stupid it's making my head hurt. Tomorrow night Wolves are playing in Piraeus against a club who's owner has recently tested positive. Whether the players have it is totally and utterly irrelevant. Seems like they're waiting until enough players contract it that teams can no longer actually play before they do anything, anything outside the white lines seems immaterial to the cretins in suits. Suppose they have contracts to fulfil though, we all know it's all about pound notes.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2020, 10:58:01 pm »
Who gets to decide to call things off? The governments, local fa, uefa, the teams themselves?

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2020, 11:02:11 pm »
Who gets to decide to call things off? The governments, local fa, uefa, the teams themselves?

Governments ultimately have overriding power, as evidenced by the Italian government shutting the nation down and nothing coming back from the footballing authorities. I suspect in most cases though, it's being left to UEFA, certainly for Champions League and Europa League games. Clubs clearly don't have a say otherwise Wolves players would have their feet up tomorrow night.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2020, 11:06:44 pm »
On the plus side tonight the squad and travelling fans are a bit safer from the coronavirus...
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2020, 11:06:52 pm »
I don't think the CL is going anywhere, big difference is flying and staying in hotels. You could manage players isolating and then turning up for games in England but across France, Spain, Italy etc, totally different. Imagine Istanbul going ahead this May, can't see it.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2020, 11:09:28 pm »
I just feel like if they started shutting down leagues, voiding the seasons and such..I'd be done with it.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2020, 11:10:54 pm »
No one is voiding anything. What FA's are asking is to cancel Euro's till next summer so they can complete leagues.  UEFA  said they will consider it.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2020, 11:14:49 pm »

You'll need to find a source and quote it, because there's nothing in the Premier League or FA regulations about it. Zero, nada, nothing.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2020, 11:15:49 pm »
The Times are reporting on the back of tomorrow’s paper that all games in England will be played behind closed doors once the number of cases surpasses 500 which is likely to be tomorrow.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2020, 11:16:15 pm »
 Rugani at inter has tested positive.

Makes you think....
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:18:37 pm by Tepid T₂O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2020, 11:18:08 pm »

If thats the case then we only need to complete two matchday weeks. If we can play the Palace game then its all good.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2020, 11:18:53 pm »
The Times are reporting on the back of tomorrow’s paper that all games in England will be played behind closed doors once the number of cases surpasses 500 which is likely to be tomorrow.

Yeah, almost certain that at least the next 3 or 4 games will be BCD and probably the rest of the season.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2020, 11:19:08 pm »

I’d honestly settle for that right now if it meant we’d finish this season.

I say that from the comfort of my armchair, I appreciate how falling that is for those who have been going week in week out for years.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2020, 11:20:08 pm »
No one is voiding anything. What FA's are asking is to cancel Euro's till next summer so they can complete leagues.  UEFA  said they will consider it.

This was a false report. UEFA have rubbished it.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #189 on: March 11, 2020, 11:20:09 pm »
Rugani at Juve has tested positive.

Makes you think....

Some reports suggesting Inter/Juventus players are now being quarantined

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: March 11, 2020, 11:23:15 pm »
What about the lower leagues where there are clubs who probably can't afford to play behind closed doors. Season postponed?

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #191 on: March 11, 2020, 11:24:23 pm »
What about the lower leagues where there are clubs who probably can't afford to play behind closed doors. Season postponed?

Perhaps but what difference does that make? They might as well play the games because they wont get any revenue if there is a postponement anyway.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #192 on: March 11, 2020, 11:24:44 pm »

But then does postponing games help them any more? It’s still all that time without any gate money coming in.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2020, 11:27:06 pm »

Would they get any money for the season if its voided?

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 11, 2020, 11:27:16 pm »
Fucking hell. Us winning the league is going to look like a glitch in a game of fifa. 30 years to win it in an empty stadium.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 11, 2020, 11:27:17 pm »
First step will be behind closed doors
Then suspended like in Italy
If suspension lasts for 60 days or more then there's a rule in p!ave that says they can declare the season null and void.
Don't ask me how the relegation and European qualification places are decided.

If this was just 3 or 4 games till the end then I think they'd just ride it out.
But because we're seeing more and more cancellation especially in Europe, I think we're looking at an inevitable cancelling of all comps.
It's escalating too fast and the peak is set to be April/May - FA Cup final at Wembley ... Doubt it.
Only last week Jurgen said !Liverpool fans needn't get paranoid about it. One week on and look at the deepening mess!!

One thing that could possibly save the season in UK Italy Spain etc is to cancel Euros and complete domestic leagues in June July.

Europe, world is in a pandemic outbreak... the numbers migt look "low" now, but in reality if you follow China and what hapend there, they had also low numbers at first, but much more people were not tested and already infected.

I will be jumping from joy if any sporting event is happening in summer.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: March 11, 2020, 11:28:39 pm »
But then does postponing games help them any more? It’s still all that time without any gate money coming in.
But without money coming in they'll be bleeding money they potentially need for the costs associated with hosting a game no?

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #197 on: March 11, 2020, 11:29:11 pm »
Players are going to have to live in a bubble between closed doors games. One wrong meeting and it’s a potentially massive problem.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: March 11, 2020, 11:32:37 pm »
Players are going to have to live in a bubble between closed doors games. One wrong meeting and it’s a potentially massive problem.

Just keep them at the stadium. Get a load of bunk beds and blankets and let them sleep there.

Get people who are tested as negative to deliver the food.

Shoot any pizza or spring roll thats on the menu.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #199 on: March 11, 2020, 11:34:38 pm »
Just keep them at the stadium. Get a load of bunk beds and blankets and let them sleep there.

Get people who are tested as negative to deliver the food.

Shoot any pizza or spring roll thats on the menu.
Nice idea but what about away games?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored