Author Topic: Leicester City AKA The Plutocrats  (Read 256992 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 09:58:05 pm by roy ho ho ho! »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Puel Sacked by Leicester City
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 10:35:11 am »
Not surprising
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 10:53:08 am »
Twats could have waited for after City - Puel knows how to play against the Top teams

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 10:58:58 am »
Twats could have waited for after City - Puel knows how to play against the Top teams

On the other hand hopefully the players will give their all for a new manager, they can no longer not turn up at games.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 10:59:53 am »
And for once it’s not happened just before we play them.

Can see why though, letting aHodgson side put 4 past you.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 11:02:06 am »
Wonder if Rafa would go there.  You couldnt blame him
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 11:06:30 am »

Their fans seems to want Rafa or Rodgers, so some sort of attacking football at least.

What this means for FPL players is that you should go all in on Vardy for the next 5-6 game days ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 11:08:31 am »
That job is the biggest poison chalice in history.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 11:09:07 am »

Don’t think he’d leave Newcastle mid season. If he walked in the summmer you couldn’t blame him but don’t think he’d ditch them before making them safe.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 11:09:27 am »
Half the rumours seem to be Rafa in the summer and the other half seem to be Rodgers has already agreed to take over in the summer.

Appleton as caretaker until then I’d have thought
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 11:39:06 am »
On the other hand hopefully the players will give their all for a new manager, they can no longer not turn up at games.

Didn't they beat us first game after Ranieri got sacked?

Watch them give their all for the new manager now.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 11:54:36 am »
Can't believe he lasted this long. Hopefully no more jobs for him in England soon.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2019, 12:39:10 pm »
That job is the biggest poison chalice in history.

I can think of a more bitter potion... ;)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 12:40:34 pm »
Not sure why he got the job in the first place.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2019, 12:41:35 pm »
Pardew, Moyes and assorted other crap good old boys like this.
Justice for the 96!

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2019, 12:42:06 pm »
Their fans are so modern.
They blamed Ranieri who won them the title
They loved Shakespeare and then hated him when he didn’t do what Ranieri did.
Now we see Puel who is comfortably keeping them in the Premier league getting sacked because...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 12:50:04 pm by 12C »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2019, 12:44:08 pm »
There fans are so modern.
They blamed Ranieri who won them the title
They loved Shakespeare and then hated him when he didn’t do what Ranieri did.
Now we see Puel who is comfortably keeping them in the Premier league getting sacked because...

Weirdly enough, this is the same thought I've had. They're currently in 12th in the league. What exactly are their fans wanting them to do?

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2019, 12:46:17 pm »

They are 8 points from relegation but haven't won a game since new years day, they're getting closer to the drop than the brass ring 7th place. Also the only team they took a point off since Jan 1st was us FFS.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2019, 12:51:39 pm »
Weirdly enough, this is the same thought I've had. They're currently in 12th in the league. What exactly are their fans wanting them to do?

compete for Europe I would assume.  And maybe not get knocked out of the FA Cup by Newport  ;)

They have spent almost 300 mill in transfer fees over the last 3 years, I thinky they want to be competing for European spots. They do have quite a talent squad, far better than their league positon suggests.

And of cousre, there is always the aesthetics with fans, they probably prefer less shit on a stick football considering the investment in the team.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2019, 12:51:48 pm »
They're a point behind the Ev ffs
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2019, 12:55:35 pm »
They are 8 points from relegation but haven't won a game since new years day, they're getting closer to the drop than the brass ring 7th place. Also the only team they took a point off since Jan 1st was us FFS.

So despite him rescuing them from relegation and getting them to mid table? They lost Kante, then Mahrez. Two huge holes to fill.
The problem seems to be with some of those players not doing the business. They seem to think they can just roll up and not put in a shift. Plus Vardy seems to be a busted flush.
They stopped working for Ranieri. They tried for a while with Shakespeare, then couldn’t be arsed. They pulled their socks up with Puel and now can’t be arsed.
Who next? Fat Sam? Or Pardew?
As said by others it’s a poisoned chalice.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2019, 12:58:32 pm »
in my humble opinion Leicester City and their fans are the living evidence of the modern football fan or disciples of the sky generation. Seriously . i mean they were nearly relegated a few years back, to become PL champions, teh reality is they are just a mid table team, not  even the best of the rest. Their self importance and arrogance actually offends me, they define a small time club with small time fans and attitude.  Maybe they should get Rebecca Vardy in charges as next boss, she loves the fucking  limelight and will no doubt love her ugly mush grabbing all the attention as usual.  Seriously hope this lot just  get  relegated they are simply annoying and unimportant. Flush em away please, they are starting to smell.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 01:00:13 pm by PAULG »
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2019, 12:59:33 pm »
compete for Europe I would assume.  And maybe not get knocked out of the FA Cup by Newport  ;)

They have spent almost 300 mill in transfer fees over the last 3 years, I thinky they want to be competing for European spots. They do have quite a talent squad, far better than their league positon suggests.

And of cousre, there is always the aesthetics with fans, they probably prefer less shit on a stick football considering the investment in the team.
The problem is when you've had 3 different managers spending that amount, but not giving any one of them the time to build their own team.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2019, 01:01:28 pm »
The problem is when you've had 3 different managers spending that amount, but not giving any one of them the time to build their own team.
exactly my point in my  earlier post, even the peopel in charge have this attitude of instant  gratification and sense of entitlement. Amazing what a fluke PL win can do for your entire DNA isnt it. 
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2019, 01:05:18 pm »

Oh I agree. And as pointed above, there are other issues at Leicester with players seemingly ruling the club a bit too much. Schmeichel and Vardy probably being the two that rule the roost.  Hell, you had Schmeichel's dad slagging off Puel last week on tv, which is ridiculous, how on earth that helps anyone I dodn't know.

I think maybe there would have been more patience if he coached better football - they do have some very good players, it's not like he's stuck with players who only understand one way to play. Fans tend to be more tolerant if they can enjoy the games more. Also getting knocked out of the cup by Newport, and also basically not bothering to put a strong team out vs Man City at home in the league cup didn't help either.  Deep cup runs would maybe have helped too. With all the bigger clubs who don't bother with cups, always a good chance to get to a semi final or even final.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2019, 01:05:48 pm »
in my humble opinion Leicester City and their fans are the living evidence of the modern football fan or disciples of the sky generation. Seriously . i mean they were nearly relegated a few years back, to become PL champions, teh reality is they are just a mid table team, not  even the best of the rest. Their self importance and arrogance actually offends me, they define a small time club with small time fans and attitude.  Maybe they should get Rebecca Vardy in charges as next boss, she loves the fucking  limelight and will no doubt love her ugly mush grabbing all the attention as usual.  Seriously hope this lot just  get  relegated they are simply annoying and unimportant. Flush em away please, they are starting to smell.

Depends what you mean by modern, because they’ve been this fickle for as long as I’ve been aware of football  ;)

Puel is dreadful though, the football is shite, the signings have been god awful and he’s comstantly just choosing not to play people who surely couldn’t be any worse than the ones he’s picking. They’ve had shit all in CM all season but he gave Iborra and Adrien Silva about two games between them. And pretty much fucked off a good chance in both cup competitions to erm...be mid table.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2019, 01:19:14 pm »
Think what really annoyed Leicester fans was rotating for the Cup. Safe as houses in the league. Give the cup a go

Also soon as he fell out with vardy puel was done

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2019, 01:32:35 pm »
Strange that the whole country hated Rafa when he was at Liverpool but now most of them want him as their manager...

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2019, 01:43:42 pm »
I would love them to take a punt on a good young coach from a lower league but it will be probably one of the people on the Mangerial Roundabout , Fatsam, Hughes, etc.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2019, 01:50:57 pm »
Strange that the whole country hated Rafa when he was at Liverpool but now most of them want him as their manager...

Proving to everyone what we all knew already - Newcastle fans have taken to him almost as much as we have and although Chelsea fans won’t admit it - he did a very good job there

His reputation in this country deserves to be higher

In terms of Leicester, I reckon this has got Rodgers taking over in the summer written all over it

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2019, 01:52:55 pm »
If Rodgers is next then this summer would be a good time for Wes Morgan to retire

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2019, 01:55:46 pm »

This. A hundred times over, this. Entitled c*nts.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2019, 02:00:49 pm »
Quite a toxic club these days, it's clear the players run the show. Their fans are also, as mentioned, entitled c*nts who won the league via a miracle and now they think they belong up there every season. Be lucky to get Europa League.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2019, 04:14:17 pm »
Nothing surprises me with Leicester anymore, but can't see Rodgers going there until at least the summer
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2019, 08:28:24 am »
Scottish media reporting that Rodgers has left Celtic to take over at Leicester.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2019, 08:42:01 am »
Find it odd that he'd leave before securing another treble.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2019, 08:42:20 am »
Scottish media reporting that Rodgers has left Celtic to take over at Leicester.

I'm assuming you mean the end of the season and not this moment?

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2019, 08:45:22 am »

Nope, leaving now with Neil Lennon taking over at Celtic until the end of the season according to stuff online
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2019, 08:46:21 am »

Immediately

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2019, 08:47:10 am »
Would imagine so. Craig Shakespeare for the next two months?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored