Author Topic: The Golf Thread  (Read 303937 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: The Golf Thread
« Reply #3320 on: October 2, 2021, 01:44:04 am »
Last 8--

Martin--397
Colton--382
Justin--403
Bryson--391

Bryson had to finish top 2 to get to the semis. He missed by 7 yards.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2021, 01:49:26 am by 4pool »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3321 on: October 2, 2021, 01:48:33 am »
409 and 398 were the top 2 drives in the next group.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3322 on: October 2, 2021, 01:54:12 am »
Final 4, top 2 advance to the final:

Justin James--418
Bryce Verplank--404
Martin Borgmeier--376
Kyle Berkshire--425

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3323 on: October 2, 2021, 02:00:38 am »
Final 2. 
6 balls. 2 and 1/2 minutes to hit them in.

Current World Champion  Kyle  v a previous World Champion Justin.

Kyle Berkshire--422--defended his title

Justin James--418

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3324 on: October 6, 2021, 08:04:28 pm »
Brysons own video on the World Long Drive Championship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2-FO0HUU98

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3325 on: October 18, 2021, 02:18:58 am »
Well done Rory 👍

Hopefully a return to where his talent demands

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3326 on: October 18, 2021, 10:20:00 am »
yep, fantastic

back into worlds top 10 now

Rahm had a nightmare of a weekend.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #3327 on: October 18, 2021, 10:19:53 pm »
Anyone had results of ballot for tickets for Open next year?  3 lads I know applied and got email today. All successful or partly so. I know they said notifications would be over a couple of weeks. But odd 3 out of 3 and only me heard nowt. I'm fearing no news is bad news.

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #3328 on: October 18, 2021, 11:41:02 pm »
Anyone had results of ballot for tickets for Open next year?  3 lads I know applied and got email today. All successful or partly so. I know they said notifications would be over a couple of weeks. But odd 3 out of 3 and only me heard nowt. I'm fearing no news is bad news.

Yeah I’ve not heard anything yet.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3329 on: October 19, 2021, 01:02:10 am »

Nothing yet. Hopefully I might be a walking marshall though.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3330 on: October 19, 2021, 08:12:01 am »
Nothing yet. Hopefully I might be a walking marshall though.
you're laughing if you get that

free in

great spots, some nice gear too

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3331 on: October 25, 2021, 11:59:20 am »
Fuck me, just seen that Fredrik Andersson Hed has passed away aged 49 from Cancer.  Such sad news.

A solid player on the European Tour and I used to have a flutter on him may times.

RIP Fred the Hed

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #3332 on: November 4, 2021, 02:55:41 pm »
The Portugal Masters is on righ now and it's in my home course here in Vilamoura. My game is atrocious right now, but i figured once the pros take on this course, there will be some low scores. I figured we'd see a -25 or so winning score, but after day one Nino Bertasio (who i have never heard of!) has just shot a 61 (-10).

I've tickets to go tomorrow & on sunday. I'll likely follow Harrington & the Hojgaard brothers. Should be a good weekend.

https://www.europeantour.com/european-tour/portugal-masters-2021/leaderboard

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3333 on: November 4, 2021, 03:01:59 pm »
The Portugal Masters is on righ now and it's in my home course here in Vilamoura. My game is atrocious right now, but i figured once the pros take on this course, there will be some low scores. I figured we'd see a -25 or so winning score, but after day one Nino Bertasio (who i have never heard of!) has just shot a 61 (-10).

I've tickets to go tomorrow & on sunday. I'll likely follow Harrington & the Hojgaard brothers. Should be a good weekend.

A load of my mates are going on a golfing holiday over there early April next year, they're not playing on the Dom Pedro Victoria the Portugal Masters host course, but a few others nearby, think one of them is Vale Do Lobo Ocean.
#Sausages

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #3334 on: November 4, 2021, 03:05:42 pm »
A load of my mates are going on a golfing holiday over there early April next year, they're not playing on the Dom Pedro Victoria the Portugal Masters host course, but a few others nearby, think one of them is Vale Do Lobo Ocean.
Vale Do Lobo has two courses, I've played the Ocean and loved it. The views of the ocean are stunning.

There are 5 Dom Pedro courses in Vilamoura, the Old Course is probably the best. Victoria is decent, but i don't rate it too highly even though it's where I play most of my golf around here.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3335 on: November 4, 2021, 03:21:15 pm »

Sunday?

Sunday when Liverpool play?  :-\

:P ;D

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #3336 on: November 4, 2021, 03:27:44 pm »
Sunday?

Sunday when Liverpool play?  :-\

:P ;D
Yea, wtf like! ;D

I literally live across the road from the course, so I can get out in time for the game.. Unless Padraig is about to win. Then ehmmm..

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3337 on: November 4, 2021, 04:06:30 pm »

next highest is 6 under. still think 25 is realistic though

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #3338 on: November 4, 2021, 11:01:44 pm »
next highest is 6 under. still think 25 is realistic though

It probably will be in the end, i just didn't expect to see someone blitz the course to that extent. It is definitely a course for low scoring, unless you're me!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3339 on: November 6, 2021, 02:49:23 pm »
It probably will be in the end, i just didn't expect to see someone blitz the course to that extent. It is definitely a course for low scoring, unless you're me!
he was only one or two under yesterday.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3340 on: November 13, 2021, 04:13:02 am »
How far does Bryson hit each club in his bag?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YevOs-c5nlE

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3341 on: November 13, 2021, 04:17:13 am »
Brooks Koepka and Bryson DeChambeau will finally get the showdown all their chirping and antics have pointed toward for the last few months. Koepka and DeChambeau will square off in the fifth edition of The Match at 4 p.m. ET (9 pm UK Time) on Friday, Nov. 26, the day after Thanksgiving, at the Wynn Golf Club in Las Vegas. The event will again be broadcasted on TNT with simulcasts running across Turner platforms TBS, truTV and HLN.

Interestingly, this edition of The Match will only be contested over 12 holes -- perhaps as a nod to 12-round boxing matches Las Vegas has so often hosted -- and will feature just these two golfers.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3342 on: November 21, 2021, 01:03:33 pm »
Collin Morikawa is an absolute gem. Rory will feel hard done by with his approach hitting the pin and ricocheting into the bunker forcing a bogey, but I think the momentum was changing at that point any way. Morikawa played Tiger-like golf for a lot of the tournament, not necessarily birdieing most holes (he had 2 birdies and the rest pars in about a 25 hole stretch), but he was ticking along and not making mistakes. Then, when he had to, down the stretch he turned it on and won comfortably.

I remember watching a clip from an interview with Lee Trevino who said how important a killer instinct is. You can have all the shots or whatever, but you need that killer instinct. Morikawa most definitely has that, ice in his veins. He's gonna be a big problem for a long time.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3343 on: November 21, 2021, 04:17:15 pm »
And now Tiger has sent social media into meltdown by posting a video of him hitting a club. Swing looks typically smooth. Fucking hell, I thought it would be over for him after that crash and subsequent injuries.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #3344 on: November 21, 2021, 05:08:48 pm »
And now Tiger has sent social media into meltdown by posting a video of him hitting a club. Swing looks typically smooth. Fucking hell, I thought it would be over for him after that crash and subsequent injuries.

Douglas Bader played golf with two prosthetic legs and flew a plane too boot, so I’m sure Tiger will master swinging his club with a bit of help from his friends. Which is good to see.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3345 on: November 21, 2021, 05:30:29 pm »
No chance he doesnt win again. It would be too normal

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3346 on: November 24, 2021, 05:29:26 pm »
Brooks Koepka and Bryson DeChambeau will finally get the showdown all their chirping and antics have pointed toward for the last few months. Koepka and DeChambeau will square off in the fifth edition of The Match at 4 p.m. ET (9 pm UK Time) on Friday, Nov. 26, the day after Thanksgiving, at the Wynn Golf Club in Las Vegas. The event will again be broadcasted on TNT with simulcasts running across Turner platforms TBS, truTV and HLN.

Interestingly, this edition of The Match will only be contested over 12 holes -- perhaps as a nod to 12-round boxing matches Las Vegas has so often hosted -- and will feature just these two golfers.

Where is the money going?

Upon the conclusion of this event, The Match series will have raised more than $30 million for charity over the last few years. That's awesome. And with sponsors like DraftKings, ZipRecruiter and Capital One, it doesn't seem like that's going to change much in the near future. As for where that money is headed, this year's recipients are the Advocates Pro Golf Association Tour, Feeding America, Shriner's Hospital (via DeChambeau) and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (via Koepka), as well as the Association for Enterprise Opportunity and a variety of community investments and grants to small business across the country (via Capital One).

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3347 on: November 26, 2021, 09:16:10 pm »
Brooks v Bryson on now

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3348 on: November 26, 2021, 09:44:43 pm »
Would rather watch paint dry than watch those two clowns play each other to enhance their faux rivalry.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3349 on: November 27, 2021, 02:42:24 pm »
A non affair really.

The problem with these exhibition games is that it needed both players to play to the crowd to have the intended effect. Brooks charisma was as dead as a door mail. Despite Bryson’s best efforts to spice things up he just could get Brooks to play along.

If I were the sponsor I would ask my money back from Brooks. Sure you are meant to compete, but it was an exhibition and drama is needed more than good golf. He should have given up a few holes to allow something to play going into last hole and not win 4 and 3 to finish the match by 7th.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3350 on: November 30, 2021, 04:45:24 am »
I lived a mile and a half from this driving range and went there virtually every week day for years. Never saw Bryson there. However, I moved to the West coast 3 years ago. It started as the Jack Nicklaus Learning Center. I remember when it opened. Then went to the Golden Bear LC. They decided not to renew and pay the annual fee to Nicklaus, so changed to Highlands Performance Golf Center somewhere around 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuJpyMv_VZs

I'm going to guess the range was closed but he paid for afterhours use. Because no one else is there practicing.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3351 on: December 17, 2021, 06:30:13 pm »
Not sure if we have any No Laying Up fans here. I really just started getting into their stuff this year and love it and can't get enough. But regardless, I do know we have some Rory fans around here and he hopped on their podcast this weekend. Really great and engaging stuff from Rory, if you're into that sort of thing.

https://twitter.com/NoLayingUp/status/1471676624336793605?s=20
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 06:31:53 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3352 on: December 17, 2021, 10:37:15 pm »
Tiger and Charlie Woods tee off at 5:18 pm Uk time tomorrow in the PNC Championship.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3353 on: December 20, 2021, 07:28:51 pm »
Was great to see Tiger out there this weekend. Definitely looked to be in a good amount of pain and discomfort at times, but was a treat to watch. Who said golf in December can't be entertaining!

His son has some swing. If he wants to make a go at being a professional golfer, it appears he is well on the way.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3354 on: December 21, 2021, 12:32:14 am »
Thought the Dalys played really well. His boy may have a chance but it’s not easy to get on tour

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3355 on: December 21, 2021, 12:46:11 am »
Thought the Dalys played really well. His boy may have a chance but it’s not easy to get on tour

JDII isn't even in the top 250 college golfers. He plays for Arkansas.

http://golfstat.com/index.cfm?event=public.static&pg=mPlayerRankNCAAA

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3356 on: December 21, 2021, 03:08:25 pm »
Was great to see Tiger out there this weekend. Definitely looked to be in a good amount of pain and discomfort at times, but was a treat to watch. Who said golf in December can't be entertaining!

His son has some swing. If he wants to make a go at being a professional golfer, it appears he is well on the way.

You get the feeling Tiger is managing expectations. At a press conference the other week he made out like he could hardly swing it. He was reaching ball speeds right around the PGA Tour average at the weekend. Regardless of how easy the course was, those speeds are still there. He hit a bomb close to 350. His wedges looked bang on.

The issue he has isn't the club speed or his touch around the greens or his long irons. With some stability in his leg he'll always have those things. His issue is going to be walking courses, especially the tougher ones, for many days in a row. He won't take a cart. He's still got some way to go in terms of rehab though so the leg will improve and his endurance will improve and he'll have the best care to be able to walk.

The man doesn't know what quit means. He'll win again somehow.

Offline christinav

• Boys Pen
« Reply #3357 on: December 27, 2021, 06:14:51 am »
I have always been told it's putting and never saw a reason to discredit that until recently.

My long time golf partner has made drastic improvements on his chipping. He nearly always chips it to within a foot or two and seems to chip in quite frequently. It's frustrating for me to watch because money is usually on the line and he saves par with his frequent up and downs. It seems this chipping has improved his score more than anything else in the past.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3358 on: January 18, 2022, 03:03:46 pm »
I have been noticing Ireland's Seamus Power is flying up the rankings, 49th in the world now, only one spot behind Shane Lowry.

He was outside the top 400 last year.

3rd place at weekend only two bogies all tournament and only 3-4 shots behind the winner (Matsuyama i think)

Cant back him on PP for any major but if he is still top 50 he can go to the Masters

I feel Sunjae Im will have a great year this year too

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3359 on: January 26, 2022, 11:59:45 pm »
A little Bryson and some Kyle Berkshire testing prototype Cobra drivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISfuTJcODrQ