The Liverpool FC Forum > General Football and Sport

The Tennis Thread - Sponsored By Melt-downium

(1/4182) > >>

Titan:
I know it's a couple of months into the tennis season but i couldn't find a thread for this.

Federer and Nadal resume their incredible rivalry in the Indian Wells QF's today at around 7pm local time (2am GMT). The last time the two met was at the same tournament 12 months ago, with Federer beating Nadal in straight sets. This is the first time Federer and Nadal have met before a SF since their first meeting back in 2004. The winner will face either Tomas Berdych or Kevin Anderson in the semis.

Djokovic and Murray play in their respective QF's tomorrow (Djokovic faces Tsonga and Murray faces Del Potro). If they both win they'll set up a SF meeting, it would be their first match against each other since the Australian Open final.

On the women's side, Azarenka faces Wozniacki and Kerber plays Stosur later today in the QF's. Sharapova and Kirilenko have already set up a SF clash tomorrow.

So who's going to come out on top, Federer or Nadal? They both came through a tough match yesterday in 3 sets. You'd have to favour Federer as this is on hard courts and it's Nadal's first tournament on one for nearly a year. 

killer-heels:
Federer will (or should) walk this.

Titan:

--- Quote from: killer_heels on March 14, 2013, 09:52:53 pm ---Federer will (or should) walk this.

--- End quote ---

I think Federer will win in straight sets, although i don't think it'll be as comfortable as you're saying.

Berdych will play the winner in the semis after he beat Kevin Anderson 6-4 6-4.

TheGOAT:
Hopefully the GOAT hammers the arse picker. Dunno whether to stay up and watch hmmm, is friday tomorrow so only one knackered day at work.

Titan:
Nadal completely dominant, he beats Federer 6-4 6-2.

I can't even remember Federer having a comfortable service game. I'm not sure if Federer was suffering with something but Nadal was brilliant. His knee didn't seem to be troubling him much which is good to see.

If Murray reaches the final he will replace Federer as world number two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version