Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1386070 times)

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander

Online RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #1961 on: April 17, 2018, 10:08:56 am »
I can't wrap my head around just how good his delivery is on a consistent basis. The Sky Sports pundits would have gone out back into a broom closet and had a sneaky wank if Kevin De Bruyne had supplied that pass to Salah.

I think McManaman said the same too on BT. Not just one cross but I think there were 2-3 top crosses in the match. If a high profile players like Pogba or Sanchez did that you would get the whole Red Cafe out for street party justifying the 200m they paid for the player.

Online RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1962 on: April 17, 2018, 10:13:22 am »
Southgate tried Walker in a back 3 in the most recent international break and it seemed to work rather well as Walker is pretty decent in the air, so I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks with that idea. That leaves a back-up right wingback slot open for Trent, who I think would especially thrive as a wingback. Trippier could pick up a knock, or have a shite game and all of a sudden Trent is playing in the World Cup. It would be fantastic for him and his development, so I hope he gets picked.

Would run him to the ground and then return to us damaged goods. A 19yo with enthusiasm doesn't know when to stop. No thank you.

World Cup has a game every 3-4 days and at the moment, Klopp doesn't even let him play 2 games in the same week.

Offline simbo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1963 on: April 17, 2018, 10:21:40 am »
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/16/trent-alexander-arnold-triggers-salary-increase-liverpool-contract/amp/.   

Good on the lad

Fair play to FSG and Klopp for bringing in Incentives for the Academy boys contract. It’s the way forward

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1964 on: April 17, 2018, 11:37:57 am »
Would run him to the ground and then return to us damaged goods. A 19yo with enthusiasm doesn't know when to stop. No thank you.

World Cup has a game every 3-4 days and at the moment, Klopp doesn't even let him play 2 games in the same week.

He's just played two games in less than a week.

Online RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1965 on: April 17, 2018, 11:43:30 am »
He's just played two games in less than a week.

Forced by circumstances more like. I don't want TAA to get injured so early in the career and ended up like Michael Owen.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1966 on: April 17, 2018, 11:52:48 am »
Forced by circumstances more like. I don't want TAA to get injured so early in the career and ended up like Michael Owen.

But it shows that he can do it, and perform to the highest level.

There is no guarantee he will be called up, I don't think he will be, but if Trent is offered an opportunity to go to the World Cup he is not turning it down.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1967 on: April 17, 2018, 02:15:14 pm »

Based on nothing but impressions from interviews, but Southgate seems much more reasonable than past England managers. Hopefully his background in youth football will lead to him putting more care into making sure the young players don't overexert themselves to the point that they either burn out early in a season, or in their career as a whole ala Rooney.

Players will always get injured if they're unlucky or exhausted if overplayed, but we've hopefully seen the end of nonsense like 'testing his resolve' and refusing to adjust certain players' training schedules if they've proven to help them keep fit.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 02:17:14 pm by rowan_d »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1968 on: April 17, 2018, 02:20:01 pm »
None of them come close to Matip's ability on the ball in my opinion. He picks out some unbelievable passes. If he was a bit shorter and a bit quicker he'd be a perfect 6.

I think it was initially passing range that was mentioned. I think there's an argument that Matip is behind Van Dijk, TAA and Lovren in this respect. Excellent passer into midfield (or further forwards, when he's camped in their half), but I don't think he plays particularly good balls over middle to long distances.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1969 on: April 17, 2018, 03:13:53 pm »
Looking at our attacks since Coutinho left, it seems that TAA and Robertson have made up the loss of incisive crosses that the Brazilian used to provide. Which is nice.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1970 on: April 17, 2018, 03:29:14 pm »
Looking at our attacks since Coutinho left, it seems that TAA and Robertson have made up the loss of incisive crosses that the Brazilian used to provide. Which is nice.

Coutinho left? Hadn't noticed...

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1971 on: April 17, 2018, 05:13:20 pm »
I think it was initially passing range that was mentioned. I think there's an argument that Matip is behind Van Dijk, TAA and Lovren in this respect. Excellent passer into midfield (or further forwards, when he's camped in their half), but I don't think he plays particularly good balls over middle to long distances.

Maybe not lofted balls but he can ping a pass 30/40 yards on the turf not a bother. Lovren is better than Matip in some areas, but passing range definitely isn’t one in my opinion.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1972 on: April 17, 2018, 07:48:26 pm »
Based on nothing but impressions from interviews, but Southgate seems much more reasonable than past England managers. Hopefully his background in youth football will lead to him putting more care into making sure the young players don't overexert themselves to the point that they either burn out early in a season, or in their career as a whole ala Rooney.

Players will always get injured if they're unlucky or exhausted if overplayed, but we've hopefully seen the end of nonsense like 'testing his resolve' and refusing to adjust certain players' training schedules if they've proven to help them keep fit.

Southgate was a likeable player and definitely more likeable than the corrupted Fat Sam and Hodgson that came before him but that wasn't setting the bar very high. When his job is on the line, I am not sure Southgate would be as reasonable. But again that was my own conjecture.

I think back a time when Gerrard decided to go for operation instead of joining the England team for World Cup or was it Euro? Did a lot of good for him.

TAA will get lots of opportunities down the the road and you look around him, there is no right back of his generation that will give him much competition in 3 to 4 years time (which is sad from and England point of view). Holgate and Tom Davis do not even come close.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1973 on: April 17, 2018, 08:01:14 pm »
Holgate and Tom Davis do not even come close.

Close to what? ;)

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1974 on: April 19, 2018, 04:31:14 pm »
From the tactics thread but wanted to share it here.

Just wanted to drop some random data in here split into Full backs, Center Mid, Forwards. Will also put players on loan from the club at the end too.

Code: [Select]
Player Name G+A/90 SoT+Drib+KP/90
Trent Alexander-Arnold 0,14 3,25
Victor Moses 0,2 3,07
Marcos Alonso 0,27 2,99
Ben Davies 0,35 2,89
Kieran Trippier 0,22 2,56
Fabian Delph 0,12 2,52
Ashley Young 0,2 2,29
Héctor Bellerín 0,1 2,27
Antonio Valencia 0,14 1,9
Kyle Walker 0,2 1,81
Andrew Robertson 0,2 1,62
Sead Kolasinac 0,24 1,61

Don't forget that set piece involvement will influence numbers.

The right number is interesting as I consider them to be a good indicator of a penetrative player. Anybody who is scoring well there I would scout them to see what specifically they are doing in the final 3rd with the ball.

Trent is putting up better numbers than any starting full back in the top 6. And I genuinely think there is even more to come from him too as we are seeing his confidence in himself continue to grow since he put Sane on lockdown.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1975 on: April 19, 2018, 05:11:24 pm »
It's a different age and a different set of circumstances but I'd like calling him up to the WC this summer to Svens decision to call up Walcott in 2006.

If he's not going to play then Southgate shouldn't be engaging in playing-to-the-gallery exercises like Sven did with Walcott.

I always thought that that decision did Walcott no favours. Just like calling up TAA this summer won't do him any favours.

Let him report to preseason and continue his development and then see for Euro 2020.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1976 on: April 19, 2018, 05:28:48 pm »
Walcott hadn't played a match above Championship level, and was clearly judged at the tournament to not be ready to play.

TAA has excelled in two Champions League quarter finals against one of the best young attackers in the world, and possibly the best team in Europe. Plus 23 PL appearances, not a huge number but infinitely better than nothing.

I've seen nothing to suggest that he'd be unready to step up if needed. I personally feel he won't go because England have 3 other good rightbacks, two of which seem able to slot into a back 3 which is a huge advantage in a squad and tournament where versatility is a key quality.

If he goes, he'll have earned it.

Online na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1977 on: April 19, 2018, 07:44:50 pm »
https://streamable.com/6aodg

Can we all take a moment to notice how composed this kid is? Look at the pass in the lead-up to Firmino goal. He lobs the ball over 3 players perfectly to Gini which opens up a lot of space for both Gini and Ox to drive forward and results in a goal.

that is top class

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1978 on: April 20, 2018, 01:09:19 pm »
It's a different age and a different set of circumstances but I'd like calling him up to the WC this summer to Svens decision to call up Walcott in 2006.

If he's not going to play then Southgate shouldn't be engaging in playing-to-the-gallery exercises like Sven did with Walcott.

I always thought that that decision did Walcott no favours. Just like calling up TAA this summer won't do him any favours.

Let him report to preseason and continue his development and then see for Euro 2020.

Walcott had never played a top flight game when he went to the 2006 WC. Trent AA is going to be playing in a Champions League semi final soon. It's a silly comparison.

If Southgate was considering calling up Curtis Jones then compare away.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1979 on: April 25, 2018, 07:52:41 am »
Nobody mentioned that ball to Salah yet? Curved so much that it nearly went out and came back in. Fantastic skill.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1980 on: April 25, 2018, 08:29:03 am »
Nobody mentioned that ball to Salah yet? Curved so much that it nearly went out and came back in. Fantastic skill.

I mentioned it in the commentary one hell of a ball it was. Also Trent was great at cleaning up defensively yesterday. I think VVD was stretched who was it who cleared the ball? Great performance by the lad.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1981 on: April 25, 2018, 08:34:17 am »
He might have to play in midfield for us soon, with Clyne or Gomez coming in at RB.

We`re getting a few injuries at the minute.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1982 on: April 25, 2018, 08:54:06 am »

I don't think injuries can turn you into a monotone money grabbing bellend.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1983 on: April 25, 2018, 09:03:05 am »
Poste about AOC in here by mistake,.....but while here would like to say the lads doing sound!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 09:09:24 am by FlashingBlade »

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1984 on: April 25, 2018, 10:05:18 am »
what sort of midfield role can he do ?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1985 on: April 25, 2018, 10:18:12 am »
what sort of midfield role can he do ?

Lijnders said he was his number 6 and Woodburn the 10....
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1986 on: April 25, 2018, 10:19:09 am »
Lijnders said he was his number 6 and Woodburn the 10....
big ask for him to do number 6 at this stage in europe

worth trying in a league game just in case

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1987 on: April 25, 2018, 10:38:44 am »
big ask for him to do number 6 at this stage in europe

worth trying in a league game just in case

Yeah - not sure I'd throw him in there - but then again, you'd had expected him not to have been able to cope with Sane...

You'd imagine alongside Henderson/Milner/Wijnaldum he'd be tutored and cope.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1988 on: April 25, 2018, 10:44:04 am »
Yeah - not sure I'd throw him in there - but then again, you'd had expected him not to have been able to cope with Sane...

You'd imagine alongside Henderson/Milner/Wijnaldum he'd be tutored and cope.
yep

will have to work on it just in case though

midfield is looking thin

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1989 on: May 2, 2018, 10:19:02 pm »
TAA versus Marcelo and C. Ronaldo is a disconcerting prospect. I hope we have a tactical plan for that. Maybe Milner plays in the right-most midfield spot and helps him out?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1990 on: May 2, 2018, 10:19:40 pm »
Someones going to have to step in and give him a lot of support and help against Marcelo.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1991 on: May 2, 2018, 10:21:42 pm »
Someones going to have to step in and give him a lot of support and help against Marcelo.
Someone’s going to have to give Marcelo help against Salah.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1992 on: May 2, 2018, 10:22:46 pm »

There's that as well.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1993 on: May 2, 2018, 10:23:47 pm »
Sure, but today, as you saw, Salah was playing, TAA struggled a lot. He struggled mostly in the air, though. So C. Ronaldo will likely target him and receive the ball in the air.

I think he would have had more support from Henderson and Milner, but they both looked tired today. They will hopefully be fit and well-rested before the final.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1994 on: May 2, 2018, 10:25:02 pm »
TAA versus Marcelo and C. Ronaldo is a disconcerting prospect. I hope we have a tactical plan for that. Maybe Milner plays in the right-most midfield spot and helps him out?

Nah, no worry at all.
He'll be grand.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1995 on: May 2, 2018, 10:25:41 pm »
He had the kind of game Guardiola hoped he would have against City, but he definitely was helped by Mo struggling to follow Kolarov's constant overlaps. Dealing with Marcelo on the wing will be tricky in the final, but I'm sure our Trent will do great.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #1996 on: May 2, 2018, 10:29:55 pm »
I'd play Clyne in the final. Sorry Trent. TAA has a superb cross in him so I think he would do well if he starts against Real Madrid, but if we do decide to contain with backs to the wall at a certain point, then that's the time to bring in Clyne cos it doesn't work with Trent in there. Both Trent and Gomez have been poor in tracking those balls going over the top.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1997 on: May 2, 2018, 10:31:35 pm »
I'd play Clyne in the final. Sorry Trent. TAA has a superb cross in him so I think he would do well if he starts against Real Madrid, but if we do decide to contain with backs to the wall at a certain point, then that's the time to bring in Clyne cos it doesn't work with Trent in there. Both Trent and Gomez have been poor in tracking those balls going over the top.
Me too. But it all depends on Clyne's fitness.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1998 on: May 2, 2018, 10:33:04 pm »

Mourinho might do that. But not Klopp. You don't just drop a player for the final who has been with you all of the way because of one poor game.

Yes, he looked very poor throughout and needed help. But he got none from Salah or from Klopp, who I thought should have brought Clyne on at some point (not as part of a back 5 though). He will start in Kyiv.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1999 on: May 2, 2018, 10:33:05 pm »
Me too. But it all depends on Clyne's fitness.

Ye weak of heart!