Author Topic: Álisson Ramsés Becker  (Read 954593 times)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alisson Ramses Becker
« Reply #2720 on: March 13, 2019, 03:14:56 pm »
Step one = apologize for bad English in advance.
Step two = speak English close to Lucas level and way above any South American we've had late in their first season!
Step three = getting hired as Bobby's interpreter  ;D

He's a humble gentleman, this Becker fellow  :wave

Keep a clean sheet tonight please!

Linudden.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2721 on: March 18, 2019, 09:30:49 am »
Should cut down on fucking about with the ball.
He won't really, but he should. :)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2722 on: March 18, 2019, 09:32:18 am »

What, because he made one pass yesterday which made you worry? It wasn't even that close to the attacker.

Other than that he did no 'fucking about' yesterday.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2723 on: March 18, 2019, 09:35:07 am »
What, because he made one pass yesterday which made you worry? It wasn't even that close to the attacker.

Other than that he did no 'fucking about' yesterday.

Yep. Sign a brilliant goalie and tell him to stop doing one of the great things about him, erm no thanks.

It starts loads of brilliant attacks for us and one would probably have led to a goal yesterday if Firmino wasn't so sloppy.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2724 on: March 18, 2019, 09:36:40 am »
He made the one save that he needed to make (apart from the screw up) - where he got down low and saved a ball heading to the corner. Passing and distribution was excellent.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2725 on: March 18, 2019, 09:37:53 am »
This is more about my cardio and mental health. His coolness is unnerving at times.
Few moments yesterday, but it probably felt worse due to general nervousness of the game.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2726 on: March 18, 2019, 07:17:39 pm »
Blimey

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2727 on: March 18, 2019, 07:18:45 pm »
Bloody hell!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2728 on: March 18, 2019, 07:20:07 pm »
Heaton not on that?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2730 on: March 18, 2019, 07:38:06 pm »
Ridiculously good, been well and above everyone else this season in the PL, as he was last season in Serie-A. Unreal keeper who is secure in all aspects of the game. Deserves his 17 clean-sheets and may he one day be called all over as the best keeper in the world.

Buffon is retiring, Neuer is out at the top level, De Gea is having a lesser season to his standards and his future is still unclear?, Oblak, despite his great short-stopping abilities, is not as complete as Alisson, and Ederson, while being better at short-passing and close to matching him at long passing, is nowhere near as good a shot stopper as Alisson.

ter Stegen is the only obvious clear-cut competition for him.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2731 on: March 18, 2019, 07:53:03 pm »
Blimey

Am I the only one who looks at that and thinks - us and city are in a different league in terms of controlling games of football. Then Alisson is fucking unbelievable. In that order?

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #2732 on: March 18, 2019, 08:41:02 pm »
Am I the only one who looks at that and thinks - us and city are in a different league in terms of controlling games of football. Then Alisson is fucking unbelievable. In that order?

Yes, just you...weirdo.

Sorry, couldn't resist. But those were my initial thoughts too. What a time to be alive.
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2734 on: March 18, 2019, 09:44:35 pm »
Very disappointed about that goal for the whole defense I was hoping against hope that somehow we would end up at under 20 goals

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2735 on: March 18, 2019, 09:45:04 pm »
Blimey

Blimey indeed.

Two outliers, maybe three if you consider Begovic.

We got a pink wall in our goal.

If teams can get at Ederson, he will concede

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2736 on: March 18, 2019, 10:45:40 pm »
Step one = apologize for bad English in advance.
Step two = speak English close to Lucas level and way above any South American we've had late in their first season!
Step three = getting hired as Bobby's interpreter  ;D

Step four = Play a hilarious prank during a presser
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2737 on: March 19, 2019, 05:42:56 am »
Very disappointed about that goal for the whole defense I was hoping against hope that somehow we would end up at under 20 goals
Look on the bright side - they got that scenario out of their system and it won’t happen in a CL final

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2738 on: March 19, 2019, 08:06:28 am »
It would be interesting to see how those numbers stack up once we've accounted for shot locations and xG. Alisson would still look great but I wonder if there might be a change in some of the other GKs.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #2739 on: March 19, 2019, 09:32:29 am »
Nah he draws the forwards to press then pings an accurate pass into our midfielders/forwards/defenders to ease the press and have 1,2,3 opposition players tracking back, losing energy.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2740 on: March 19, 2019, 03:03:11 pm »
Nah he draws the forwards to press then pings an accurate pass into our midfielders/forwards/defenders to ease the press and have 1,2,3 opposition players tracking back, losing energy.

Yup it's absolutely maddening that people don't see it this way after nearly a full season of it. He has started countless attacks with his feet and hands. I think the commentators play a part in this as well, they're always worried about Alisson and make a big gasp when he does it whereas with Ederson it's always about how calm he is, used to play midfield, must be bored etc.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2741 on: March 19, 2019, 03:28:13 pm »
Saw a stat that we have not conceded a goal from outside the penalty area. The only team in the league not to have done so.... I have probably jinxed him now

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #2742 on: March 19, 2019, 03:36:36 pm »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2743 on: March 20, 2019, 06:56:03 am »

Yeah man, I know.
He’s just driving me bonkers with his coolness. My chicken shirt heart wants to revert to ordinary hoof-it-long dish of past decade.

What is also good about his passing/positioning, is the amount of times he’ll simply ignore the easy and available option. Did it several times vs Fulham where Van Dijk was open and most goalies would play the pass. Alisson just ignored him and played a trickier longer pass to Robbo or Fabinho over or under Van Dijk. Just to save us few seconds of them settling in.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2744 on: March 20, 2019, 09:14:55 am »
Yup it's absolutely maddening that people don't see it this way after nearly a full season of it. He has started countless attacks with his feet and hands. I think the commentators play a part in this as well, they're always worried about Alisson and make a big gasp when he does it whereas with Ederson it's always about how calm he is, used to play midfield, must be bored etc.

And the funny thing is that he is statistically even better at pinging those long balls than Ederson is.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #2745 on: March 20, 2019, 09:57:19 am »
Yeah man, I know.
He’s just driving me bonkers with his coolness. My chicken shirt heart wants to revert to ordinary hoof-it-long dish of past decade.

What is also good about his passing/positioning, is the amount of times he’ll simply ignore the easy and available option. Did it several times vs Fulham where Van Dijk was open and most goalies would play the pass. Alisson just ignored him and played a trickier longer pass to Robbo or Fabinho over or under Van Dijk. Just to save us few seconds of them settling in.
If you accept that he'll make mistakes sometimes but it's worth it, then it's easier. Unlike our previous goalkeeper when Alisson makes a mistake he doesn't let it linger just moves on similar to VVD, elite mentality. That's the reason we "shit our pants" in the crowd and he's playing in goal for a top club. 

I liked Mignolet's comments this season, he said he can accept being number two to Alisson whereas last season he had a hard time. That's what happens when standard is raised.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2746 on: March 20, 2019, 10:53:10 pm »

It would be nice if they were only 'quite worried' instead they fucking whinge and use it as a way of basically saying he's an accident waiting to happen, the exaggeration from Macca whenever he commentates on one of our games is ridiculous

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2747 on: March 20, 2019, 11:01:30 pm »
It would be nice if they were only 'quite worried' instead they fucking whinge and use it as a way of basically saying he's an accident waiting to happen, the exaggeration from Macca whenever he commentates on one of our games is ridiculous

I think McManaman and Carragher are competing to see who can most effectively piss on our chips.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2748 on: March 31, 2019, 11:12:46 pm »
Strange game today, made a couple of small blunders and his distribution was quite slow.

Still love him, mind.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2749 on: March 31, 2019, 11:14:44 pm »
Strange game today, made a couple of small blunders and his distribution was quite slow.

Still love him, mind.
More than a couple, wouln't you say? He seems like he's lost confidence in his ability to play with his feet.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2750 on: March 31, 2019, 11:16:25 pm »
More than a couple, wouln't you say? He seems like he's lost confidence in his ability to play with his feet.

Didn't want to slaughter him, but yeah, he isn't commanding his area any more. It'll just be a blip.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2751 on: March 31, 2019, 11:19:38 pm »
His worst game. But still made a good save. He also actually got to Moura's shot as well from that distance

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2752 on: March 31, 2019, 11:21:03 pm »
Shanked one or two but he's still pinging balls around that he has no right to as a goalkeeper.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2753 on: March 31, 2019, 11:23:24 pm »
Shanked one or two but he's still pinging balls around that he has no right to as a goalkeeper.

That one on his left early on out to Trent was amazing. Annoying that move got stopped because Rose was down.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2754 on: March 31, 2019, 11:24:46 pm »
That one on his left early on out to Trent was amazing. Annoying that move got stopped because Rose was down.

As nonchalant as you like, a centre mid would have been proud of it.

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #2755 on: March 31, 2019, 11:31:56 pm »
He seems to make at least 2 ffs moments every game. If he's going to play it out from the back then he needs to make the pass quick and not wait till someone is literally yards away from him.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2756 on: March 31, 2019, 11:39:23 pm »
He seems to make at least 2 ffs moments every game. If he's going to play it out from the back then he needs to make the pass quick and not wait till someone is literally yards away from him.

You're the one who needs to change because he isn't going to. It's one of the reasons why we signed him.

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2757 on: April 1, 2019, 01:04:17 am »
That cross that ended up hitting him on the side of the head was odd to say the least. Uncharacteristic for sure.
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2758 on: April 1, 2019, 01:19:36 am »
Parried the ball right to Eriksen - that was scary

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2759 on: April 1, 2019, 01:43:01 am »
That cross that ended up hitting him on the side of the head was odd to say the least. Uncharacteristic for sure.

What about the one early on where he dived on the ball and it seemed to pop out only for TAA to clear it.

I think much like the rest of the team he's feeling the nerves and pressure of this title race.  He wouldn't have experienced anything like this at Roma or in Brazil so it's all a learning curve.