Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)  (Read 1454977 times)

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)
« Reply #12840 on: April 12, 2024, 01:01:33 am »
Watched the goals again and his defending for their 2nd and 3rd was pathetic. Just jogging without any purpose. Neither closing the player down, trying to keep an offside line, or cutting down passing lane. Maybe he actually believes his aura defending is real.

Should close down faster for the second but third isn't on him. Gomez at sea and Konate should be on a swivel too.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 01:04:14 am by PaleBlueDot »

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #12841 on: April 12, 2024, 01:11:12 am »
Should close down faster for the second but third isn't on him. Gomez at sea and Konate should be on a swivel too.
The third was Szobo fault first and foremost. Can't criticise Gomez who was so far up as we were pushing for a goal. But VVD could have played the runner offside yet he looked really clueless there, as if he didn't even know what to do at all. Head probably gone at that minute though.

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12842 on: April 12, 2024, 01:43:59 am »
The third was Szobo fault first and foremost. Can't criticise Gomez who was so far up as we were pushing for a goal. But VVD could have played the runner offside yet he looked really clueless there, as if he didn't even know what to do at all. Head probably gone at that minute though.

Got my goals mixed up, meant the second. The third was a shambles all round I agree.

Online Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #12843 on: April 12, 2024, 04:43:02 pm »
It was actually Konate who played their lad onside - VVD could have done better in closing down but the reason for that was Robbo went on his one man press which left their player free.

As I said in another post, moment Robbo went to press - I had flashbacks of the Real Madrid goal in the final 2 years ago ...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.