Author Topic: RAWK Flags/Banners/Surfer - Volunteers needed for Everton & West Brom  (Read 51155 times)

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
yes that's the one - didn't realise how big it was until i pulled it out the bag in my kitchen ;D - went down well!

Superb and well in, Mate.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
I have asked about whats required to satisfy them in terms of certification - the quote i had was to issue a certificate for five years to BS-5867 Part 2 Type B standard - anyone on here know anything about that?!?!

BS 5867: Part 2: 2008

Fabrics for curtains, drapes and window blinds.

Flammability requirements. Specification

BS 5867 was updated and republished in 2008. The Standard sets requirements for different ignition levels of fabrics and fabric combinations for use as curtains, drapes
and window blinds – including combinations of curtains and linings. The Standard assists those involved in the supply chain to specify required fire safety levels in different non-domestic end-use environments.

Compliance with the Standard involves three key elements:

●  Meeting technical requirements for ignition resistance
●  Frequency of testing
●  Product labelling.

I'll have to look into testing. We don't want to have to set alight to a bit of it each time so I think you would need the material specification and details of the printing to show that each one complied with the BS. I would assume that would be on the old certificate. Either that or we'd need to check back with the people who printed it. It may need a fire-retardent treatment as well.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

BS 5867 was updated and republished in 2008. The Standard sets requirements for different ignition levels of fabrics and fabric combinations for use as curtains, drapes
and window blinds – including combinations of curtains and linings. The Standard assists those involved in the supply chain to specify required fire safety levels in different non-domestic end-use environments.

●  Frequency of testing
●  Product labelling.

I'll have to look into testing. We don't want to have to set alight to a bit of it each time so I think you would need the material specification and details of the printing to show that each one complied with the BS. I would assume that would be on the old certificate. Either that or we'd need to check back with the people who printed it. It may need a fire-retardent treatment as well.

That's interesting cheers Alan

You're right we definitely don't want to lose a bit each time!

I'll take the plunge and contact the original manufacturers tomorrow if I haven't heard back from Armin

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
That's interesting cheers Alan

You're right we definitely don't want to lose a bit each time!

I'll take the plunge and contact the original manufacturers tomorrow if I haven't heard back from Armin

Do you have the old certificate?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Do you have the old certificate?

no nothing - had hoped it would be with it but it's not. that's why i took it out the bag in the kitchen! ;D

i have popped an enquiry email to the manufacturers asking if they keep records back to when it was done - if they do then we may get a result - fingers crossed on that front

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
yes that's the one - didn't realise how big it was until i pulled it out the bag in my kitchen ;D - went down well!
cheers - long way to go but seems a good start!

Fucking hell mate, how big is your kitchen?  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fucking hell mate, how big is your kitchen?  ;D

Not big enough it turns out. Once I dug the wife and dog out from under it I hastily repacked it before I got a kicking ;D

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?action=pm
Not big enough it turns out. Once I dug the wife and dog out from under it I hastily repacked it before I got a kicking ;D

Cant wait to see it unveiled next season and your labrador comes bouncing out  ;D
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: RAWK Flags/Banners/Surfer - Volunteers needed for Everton & West Brom
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2017, 11:41:43 am »

●  Frequency of testing
●  Product labelling.

Alan - i have been in touch with the treatment company today again and they have advised they wont have to test the material as they will be able to ascertain at the outset whether the treatment would work or not. Guess this is good news in light of no other paperwork etc materialising

They will treat the flag and issue the certificate to the above standard

As a reminder i am expecting to hear back from the club next week so i will chase them Tuesday / Wednesday if they don't come back to me

that should give us a picture of next steps i guess!

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2017, 02:22:31 pm »
Nice one mate.
When you have a quote please let us know what help you need.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2017, 12:56:49 pm »
Vaughan at the club has come back to me today so we are moving things along a bit

Just discussing the fire safety requirements and then should be good to progress.

I have only found one company who will treat a flag that's not their own at the moment. Quote of Ł3.25/sq meter so we are talking about Ł1000. this lasts for five years so would of course be a rolling cost.

Once Vaughan lets me know the score i will try the original manufacturer again as they didn't reply to my email - didn't bother chasing as need to know the clubs position first of all

as always will keep you updated - apologies its not moved along as far as we'd hope!

UPDATE - Vaughan back in touch and has given me the fire safety standard details it needs (BS 5867-2:2008 if anyone is interested!) and has also given me a company name who he knows frank uses for the other surfer so that was pretty helpful

I will contact them, get a quote, come back to you all. If we think the price is doable i will go from there. Vaughan has asked to see it so will pop it down to him if all the other bits fall into place  :wave

Second update - apologies for another update but i've had another exchange with Vaughan - we will be ok to store the flag at the ground once its all sorted. dont know what format that takes or indeed where but at least it means it will be accessible for a few people to help out and gets me out of trouble with the wife for having it in the garage

You can ignore that quote above as I have had a better one from this other company. To be fair i forgot to ask if it needs doing annually but the cost makes it immaterial anyway. We can get it washed, treated, certified and returned to me for..............Ł60  ;D

I will get the flag to the company and sorted and then will make arrangements to meet Vaughan and get the flag signed off as it were

Everyone ok with that as a plan?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 02:57:05 pm by dudleyred »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2017, 03:17:37 pm »

^ quality work mate - and that's some good news re the price too :)

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2017, 03:27:27 pm »
You can ignore that quote above as I have had a better one from this other company. To be fair i forgot to ask if it needs doing annually but the cost makes it immaterial anyway. We can get it washed, treated, certified and returned to me for..............Ł60  ;D

Jesus ;D . I was just doing the workings out based on a grand over five years which would be Ł200 a year and the relevant donations we'd need to make that a flyer - about 40 donations of Ł5 per season. But Ł60 is fantastic- how long does that last?

Sounds fantastic mate, thanks for taking on the mantle so far and what timing to get it sorted for (hopefully) a return to Champions League football. When it's done we should be able to get five of us to send you a tenner towards the treatment. Then we have the hard yards of getting it on the Kop ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 03:29:06 pm by Hij »

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2017, 03:32:42 pm »
cheers both

To be fair i forgot to even ask how long the treatment lasts. Even annual its going to be well achievable isnt it. I had to say Ł60 a few times as thought he was taking the piss. seemed a nice fella

Vaughan has offered to link us in with frank which will be the next main task to make sure we coordinate any efforts with the existing surfer. Think Stoz knows him so will wait and see on that.

To be fair the club have been very good and replied when they said they would so hopeful we can get it over the line

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2017, 03:34:25 pm »
That's awesome, mate.

If we can store it at the ground, that's a MASSIVE positive. Have we decided which stand it might be best to use? There are obviously several surfers in the Kop as it is. There's also one in the Lower Cent. Might be nice to give this flag a home elsewhere. Just something to think about anyway. Regardless of that, if the club will store it, that's amazing news. Lugging it around is no mean feat, as I'm sure you are aware ;D. Well done to Vaughan at the club too - seems like he's been very helpful. I remember someone trying to get the club to store the banner last time around and getting absolutely no help whatsoever.

I'll happily chip in for the money to have it washed, treated etc. Let us know what you need. :thumbup
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2017, 03:40:02 pm »
so storing at the ground is definitely ok. Quoted from e-mail "if it is a goer then we will be able to keep it at Anfield with the other flags, that is not an issue"

in terms of where to use it no, havent discussed it further at the moment. I agree a permanent location would be good. Anny road lower seemed logical. Sadly we may have missed out for this year if main volunteers are elsewhere for europe. I'm in the Kop on the ACS i must admit as wanted to keep cost down as well as stand and get involved obviously!

re funds from all - thanks for the offer -  let me get it sorted first and can sort afterwards. I still want to check that i heard right at Ł60 (asked him three times) and then asked how much on top cleaning was and he said its all in.

another bloody update - sorry its in dribs and drabs - meeting Vaughan at club Monday - he's going to give the flag the nod all being well, will then take it to the cleaners to be treated and then thats that - once back will report back on here to let you all know how we've got on
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 04:03:50 pm by dudleyred »

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2017, 05:30:02 pm »
Spot on mate nice one.

I'm also in the Kop for Europe, will have to see whats viable. It went up on the Kop previously but agree space is at a premium on there.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2017, 11:41:15 pm »

To be fair i forgot to even ask how long the treatment lasts.
You mentioned 5 years.
Irrespective of the how many times we'd expect it to appear, it's worth investing for those 5 years.
We'll raise a grand easy mate. Like Rhi and the others, I'll contribute.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2017, 11:47:58 pm »
Let me know the paypal account so that I can contribute.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2017, 03:21:51 am »
 :wellin excellent work
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline koppitemk

• Kemlynite
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2017, 07:56:39 am »
Hi guys, great work. I dont post very often but am local and season ticket holder for 20+ years.
I think a great home for a big surfer would be the upper tier of new main stand. There is a really good atmosphere up there as all the GA tickets are there so quite a lot of locals get in as well.
A surfer  up there would look great and help even more getting people up for it.
Everyone may disagree, but worth thinking about.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2017, 09:09:46 am »
Hi guys, great work. I dont post very often but am local and season ticket holder for 20+ years.
I think a great home for a big surfer would be the upper tier of new main stand. There is a really good atmosphere up there as all the GA tickets are there so quite a lot of locals get in as well.
A surfer  up there would look great and help even more getting people up for it.
Good suggestion.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2017, 10:50:47 am »
Let me know the paypal account so that I can contribute.
Same here 👍

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2017, 12:56:21 pm »

That's a good shout actually. Me and my brother ended up in there for most of the league games last season and it's surprisingly decent with people wanting to get involved. Pricey though, unfortunately.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2017, 03:16:57 pm »
You mentioned 5 years.
Irrespective of the how many times we'd expect it to appear, it's worth investing for those 5 years.
We'll raise a grand easy mate. Like Rhi and the others, I'll contribute.
It's not a grand, it's Ł60! ;)

Superb job on getting this all sorted, Chris.  If/when contributions are required, I'll deffo throw in.  Love this surfer.   :scarf

The only issue I can see with that is it wouldn't be visible on TV because the cameras are in the Main Stand.  Obviously that's just me as an armchair fan who'd quite fancy seeing it on the big European nights but obviously those getting hands-on with sorting it can absolutely put it wherever works best for them.   :D
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2017, 10:43:45 am »
Phase one complete - flag was unfurled in the car park and got the nod from Vaughan

We have been given a permanent home of Annie road lower - that'll be our spec going forward

Now onto the cleaners- there is a slight tear on it too so will get them to fix that all being well

Will report back on that later and give a bit more detail on discussions

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2017, 11:23:45 am »
Well done. Will be great to see it get an airing again. Let us know if there's any fundraising required.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2017, 11:31:34 am »
The only slight spanner in the works I can see, is that the Anny road doesn't have that many regulars to help out.

The fanbase in the Anny Rd, seems to be more transient, so you might have to 'train' the crowd on an almost game by game basis.

You're probably gonna have to put out regular requests for help, as it probably takes at least say 3 people to un-roll it, get it surfing, and recover it, back to it's holding bag etc.

Other than that, Great work fella. It'll be good to see it out again. It's been hidden away for far too long.  :thumbup

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2017, 12:18:51 pm »
The only slight spanner in the works I can see, is that the Anny road doesn't have that many regulars to help out.

The fanbase in the Anny Rd, seems to be more transient, so you might have to 'train' the crowd on an almost game by game basis.

You're probably gonna have to put out regular requests for help, as it probably takes at least say 3 people to un-roll it, get it surfing, and recover it, back to it's holding bag etc.

Other than that, Great work fella. It'll be good to see it out again. It's been hidden away for far too long.  :thumbup

Yes you're right it will be more challenging but I think the benefits of a permanent spec without having to check with others will be worth it

Let's see how we go - nice to be discussing this aspect as shows progress!

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2017, 12:22:16 pm »
That's brilliant news. Stoz made the point that the Upper Main Stand doesn't have room to unfurl it at the bottom like the Lower Anny or Kop, so the Lower Anny seems to be the logical new home for it.

Well done for getting this all sorted, mate. :thumbup

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2017, 01:06:45 pm »
I'll throw something in for the cleaning/repair. Well done.

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2017, 04:16:34 pm »
Just talking with my mate about it but he reckons he cant remember it.

Anyone got a picture from when it was last out ?

#JFT96

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2017, 04:31:07 pm »

Can't ever work out how to imbed images!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/torlporl/484356425

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2017, 06:43:22 pm »

Couldn't tell you what game it was last out, but here's the 2007 Semi against Chelsea.

Edit:  Can't remember who designed it. Macphisto?  Kitster?  Someone else?

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/liverpool-chelsea-1-may-2007?editorialproducts=sport&family=editorial&page=2&phrase=liverpool%20chelsea%201%20may%202007&excludenudity=true&sort=best#license

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 06:50:48 pm by Bigly Red Richie »

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2017, 07:00:21 pm »
KItster designed it.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2017, 07:04:28 pm »
KItster designed it.
Knew it was one of them. Just couldn't remember which one.  :thumbup

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2017, 07:18:40 pm »

These 3 threads may be of interest to you mate... (there may be a few more? - but think these are the main ones on how it all came about etc)

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=70354.0

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=72354.msg1136559#msg1136559

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=92558.0

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2017, 08:39:05 pm »
I remember seeing this banner on the kop and if my memory is correct it's first appearance was against Benfica in 2006? Didn't realise it was a RAWK made one until coming across this thread just now.

Great banner and it would be good to see it back at Anfield again! Would be more than happy to make a contribution to any costs involved.

Good work!   :wave

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2017, 10:36:42 am »
The shade of red looks the same to me as the new kit, he was ahead of his time that Kitster chap. And I seem to remember there was some concern about the design being different to the traditional Liver Bird. Maybe after a few years off it will be better received?