Author Topic: Hicks calls for Parry's resignation  (Read 102433 times)

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Hicks calls for Parry's resignation
« Reply #1440 on: April 11, 2008, 07:57:17 am »
Agree. But how out of touch is Hicks to think this would endear him to the fans? It boggles the mind.

Not really. Hicks knows we don't like Parry. Hicks knows we like (understatement of the year) Rafa. Hicks also knows we hate him.

So.

My guess is that Hicks and his magnificent PR firm had a brainstorming meeting on how to make him more appreciated/loved/like/accepted by the fans.

Their answer?

Sack Parry. (That would make the fans see that I'm on their side, Hicks ponders. PR firm nods)
Add Rafa into the equation by saying that one of the reasons is that the manager can't work with the CEO. (That would make the fans see that I'm behind Rafa and since Rafa is annoyed with Parry, they would appreciate that I fire Parry to keep Rafa happy. Everybody wins, Hicks ponders. PR firm nods)
Also blame lack of income and the Athens fiasco to the "why I fired him"-list, because that is also arguements that fans have used against Parry. (That would make the fans see that I care for the club and it's wellbeing, Hicks ponders. PR Firm nods)

What he did not take into the equation.

We hate him more than Parry.
We see that Parry is behind us regarding the future of Liverpool Football Club and acts for DIC and against Hicks.
The timing could not have been worse. 48 hours after we progressed to the semi final, he decides to drop this bomb. Why not wait till' after the season? My guess is that Hicks is sweating his balls off and are seriously losing his grasp.

My speculation.
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1441 on: April 11, 2008, 08:00:57 am »
I think you're all making the mistake that you think Hicks cares what the fans think of him.

He couldn't give a flying fuck.

Try and let that sink in for a bit.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline PhilLFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Stay Low Move Fast..We are the Pilgrims Master
« Reply #1442 on: April 11, 2008, 08:04:42 am »
How are these two going to agree upon anything sufficiently to agree transfer targets and budgets for next season?  Where is this all going to take us other than down the pan?
We will not get far i dont think...Hicks and Gillett won´t even sit around the same table, as for the staduim, it will cost 350m but that was back then ,how much will it cost now..
22 Smokin AceS

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1443 on: April 11, 2008, 08:05:31 am »
Not really. Hicks knows we don't like Parry. Hicks knows we like (understatement of the year) Rafa. Hicks also knows we hate him.

I know what you're saying, but I meant in the whole context.  The timing, a lame letter, underestimating the fans. This is just ridiculous. My goodness, this is not representative of how LFC has done things forever. It has got to be killing him that he can't fire Parry outright like he recently fired his baseball team's main guy back in November.

His answer when asked about all the reshuffling of his sports teams' management : "I'm the owner. It's what I do". HA!

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1444 on: April 11, 2008, 08:05:35 am »
I think you're all making the mistake that you think Hicks cares what the fans think of him.

Is exactly right, those confused by what hicks is doing are thinking like fans, he is a money grabbing bastard and all he is doing is trying to get the most money from the club as possible. His continued dragging the club through the mud is probably his way of saying, give me the money I want and this will all stop.

Obviously it's dressed up with a little PR.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline minusone

• considered rubbish
  • Legacy Fan
  • Resurrection 2.0
« Reply #1445 on: April 11, 2008, 08:05:47 am »
Jeez I go incommunicado for a couple of days, blissfully content with a post-final whistle glow about my demeanour, and I return to this?!!! DIC taking a timeout and the Texan Goatfucker destabilising the club even further (is that actually possible?).

nnnnnggggggggg.......! :no

God knows I've ripped poor old Rick a new one on here many a time (Coco & Silver Spoon thread stands out in memory a little while back), but in this scenario he's like the idiot fuckwit member of your family. He may be totally feckless, infuriating, always in a mess, someone you want to kick the arse of repeatedly....BUT he's still YOUR/OUR feckless infuriating relative so if someone you REALLY don't like has a dig at him, blood ties come to the fore and you stand your ground against any prick that thinks he can have a go at an easy target for his own ends. Because that's what it is, family loyalty essentially, so backing up Parry is an absolute must in this context. Jabba really is a petty despot in wanting all opposition to him removed, and that includes us die-hard fans too, make no mistake. I bet he wishes he could cancel all STs and offer them to clueless daytrippers or OOCers.

Shockingly sad state of affairs we're in, like watching a car crash in very slow motion....I only hope that the crash proves 'fatal' (not in the literal sense obviously although I wouldn't shed a tear or even a guilty thought) to the contemptuous bastard joyriding driver thrashing away at the steering wheel, but doesn't kill the rest of the occupants or worse, write off the vehicle.

Beggars belief that Hicks in his deluded bloated arrogance somehow thinks he's the saviour of this club. In fact he is the cancer, the festering tumour inflicted upon and eating away at us. And to rid us of this Texan Tumour, we need something more effective and less damaging than chemotherapy, more of a multi-targeting approach....

SHRINK his power and influence at the club, protests, boycotts, use the media etc. 

STARVE his flow of money, boycott merchandising, 'dissuade' potential investors, use the press again, hope the financial crisis and dollar economy continues to squeeze his shrivelled nutsack even tighter (until his eyes pop out works for me), his creditors/financial advisors like JP Morgan, Wachovia etc. feeling the pinch and Yanking the rug from under him.

And finally (this speaks to Parry directly as well as all of those connected with the club) KILL his remaining influence at the club, he's already persona non grata in the city, make him a pariah, ignore his requests, treat him like the absentee landlord he is, undermine him, ridicule him, pray for something untoward to happen to force him to release his desperate claw-like grip.

Shrink. Starve. Kill. That's exactly how to deal with malignant tumours.

Agree. Parry is an inept underperforming CEO, but at the end of the day he was here before Hicks, and even though he's done some dumb shit, it was done not out of malice, but for what he thought was the benefit of teh club.

In a Hicks v Parry showdown, i'd back Parry all the way.

Personally i think Hicks is just doing this to muddy the waters and confuse the LFC fan base with trivial side matters.
We need to stay focused. Hicks Out. Simple.
Fired?? He should be shot! With shit, human shit!

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1446 on: April 11, 2008, 08:06:00 am »

But he does care about DIC and their wodge. So if they turn their mobiles off for a while it could get funny.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1447 on: April 11, 2008, 08:06:21 am »

How popular is it to run around the globe looking for investors to a company where the people that actually pay for it hates your guts?
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1448 on: April 11, 2008, 08:07:29 am »

But he does care, because he is all about image and we're no good for that, hence those email campaigns. Sending his son behind enemy lines and risking his neck? he don't care. haha he really fucking does. It's quite easy really, mass rally outside Anfield on the next home game and dig in.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:10:18 am by 12Kings »

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #1449 on: April 11, 2008, 08:09:59 am »
Hicks doesn't care for the fans.
I believe that the reason he needs us on-side is so that he can convince investors that Hicks holdings (or whatever its called) is a sound investment.
At the moment the jewel in the crown of his investment portfolio is looking like a rotten egg. No-one will invest in his group because they perceive that LFC will not make them the returns he's claiming, as the fans (us) are not the happy campers we used to be who's buy anything with an LFC crest on it from the club shop.

Just before this whole fiasco started (November i think) the club announced its firs £1M week takings, I wonder what the turnover is now ?
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline Stevie-G

• Kopite
  • "IT'S WONDERFUL, IT'S MARVELOUS, ITS 3-3!"
« Reply #1450 on: April 11, 2008, 08:11:02 am »
Never caught on to the "Fuck Parry" thing that started a while back. Allways liked him.

Hicks can go fuck off though.
" WE GO AGAIN! "

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1451 on: April 11, 2008, 08:16:38 am »
For those who want Parry out.

Please think again, this recent debacle proves that Hicks is a deceitful turd.  Irrespective of Parry's incompetance at times nowhere in his repertoire is the ability to turn on anyone.

Hicks has proved himself as a backstabber, he did it with Rafa, he has done it with Gillett (the very man that brought him to LFC) and now he has done it with Parry (the very man who helped him get into LFC).

It is the backstabber we want out first, we cannot have such an immoral and ignorant man trying to run our club.  Having someone who has such a nature at the top will only lead to the whole club festering in deceitful and ignorant personnel.

The backstabbing turd needs to be removed first and foremost, we can think about Parry after this scenario.  Right now Parry is feeding Hicks a little bit of his own medicine, let it be, if it helps the cause of grilling Hicks in the board room then he must stay.

WE NEED HICKS OUT AT ALL COSTS BEFORE HE BRINGS DOWN LFC FOR GOOD.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:18:27 am by The_Last_Don »

Offline LiverBirdKop

• Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1452 on: April 11, 2008, 08:17:04 am »
You're in the minority mate. Parry has been quite inept for us.

Edit: I'd still back him over Hicks. In a heartbeat.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1453 on: April 11, 2008, 08:21:14 am »
But he does care, because he is all about image and we're no good for that, hence those email campaigns. Sending his son behind enemy lines and risking his neck? he don't care. haha he really fucking does. It's quite easy really, mass rally outside Anfield on the next home game and dig in.

He is a leveraged buy out merchant, they don't rely on public opinion and sentiment to ship products or create business.

They take over companies by offering the stockholders an inflated price for their stocks by borrowing money and heaping the debt onto the compny they are buying. This either a) destroys the company, allowing them to dismantle its assets and sell at a profit or b) company survives the debt burden and starts making a tidy profit for them.

Once again, he couldn't give a flying fuck what you all think
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1454 on: April 11, 2008, 08:22:22 am »
Rick Parry tells Tom Hicks: I will not resign from Liverpool FC

Apr 11 2008 by Andy Kelly, Liverpool Daily Post
Tom Hicks, Rick Parry, Liverpool FC

Tom Hicks, Rick Parry, Liverpool FC

AS LIVERPOOL FC chief executive Rick Parry last night defiantly refused to resign after a request to stand down from co-owner Tom Hicks, the Daily Post can reveal the reasons for the sensational demand.

In a statement, not dissimilar to quotes given by manager Rafael Benitez at the height of a fall-out with the club’s American owners last year, Parry said: “It is my intention to remain focused on the job of serving Liver- pool Football Club to the best of my abil- ities at this very imp- ortant time of our season.”

The unprecedented stand-off comes on the same day it is learned a deal between Dubai International Capital and LFC’s owners is reportedly just a phone call away.

Comments made by Sameer Al Ansari, CEO of Dubai Internat- ional Capital, to a Middle East business magazine about with-drawing DIC’s offer for LFC were said to be a plea for Hicks to sort his affairs and agree to sell.

Al Ansari has said he “would love to own the club”, but wanted to have control over Liverpool’s destiny before investing.

It is understood that the letter sent, but not yet received by Parry, called on him to “voluntarily resign” because of “commercial under-performance” and “frustrations” at the way he had handled player transfers.

One insider said: “This is just not the Liverpool way, especially after the success of the team on the pitch this week.”

The three-page letter was sent to Parry as Hicks’ 50% share in the club would not allow him to unilaterally dismiss Parry.

It has been circulated to mem-bers of the board, and he is expec-ted to refuse the request after con-sulting lawyers over his position.

A source said: “The basic con-tents of the letter are the commer-cial performance of the club since Rick Parry has been on the board.

“In particular how the club has fallen behind to the big players – [Manchester] United, Arsenal, and Chelsea. He also cites frustration in terms of how some of the player transfers have been handled.”

A report by Deloitte accoun-tants is thought to be the source of Hicks’s belief that Liverpool are failing to capitalise fully on commercial opportunities.

Deloitte's Football Money League, based on revenues gener-ated during 2006/7, places Liver-pool eighth in the list of richest clubs, with revenues of £133.9m.

Real Madrid topped the list with revenues of £236.2m, Manchester United were in second position with £212.1m, Chelsea were fourth with £190.5m, and Arsenal came in fifth by generating £177.6m.

The sensational outbreak of warfare in the Anfield boardroom follows the snubbing of Parry and former owner David Moores in the original allocation of tickets for Liverpool’s first Champions League Quarter Final with Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium.

They originally were told they did not have tickets for the match because Hicks and co-owner George Gillett had taken the allocation. Parry and Moores were later found tickets after behind-the-scenes turmoil.

Last night, claims emerged that Hicks’s son Tom Jnr has been sending texts to fans’ groups over the issue of Parry’s continued involvement at the club.

It is believed Parry’s legal team will also be investigating these allegations.

Contrary to a report in Arabian Business magazine that DIC were pulling out of bidding for the club, Sheikh Mohammed and Al Ansari were last night said to still be keen on completing a deal.

Their £500m offer for the club is understood to remain on the table. That would pay off the club’s £350m debt and leave both Hicks and Gillett with £40m apiece.

A deal could apparently be struck as soon as Hicks’s lawyers call DIC’s London-based chief negotiator, Amanda Staveley.

Although relations with Hicks broke down more than a month ago, Staveley is said to be on good terms with Gillett and in “constant discourse” with him.

The only sticking point on a deal, insiders say, is Hicks.

He has recently been in London with American investment bank Merrill Lynch seeking credit with which to buy out Gillett.

It is thought a “first refusal” agreement between the Americans, in which one must offer their slice of the club to the other before selling to a third party, comes to an end in about six weeks’ time.

After the pre-emption rights expire, Gillett would be free to sell his share to DIC.

Although DIC would likely make an offer, sources close to the Dubai consortium say they will not rest until they have secured 100% of the club.

Both Sheikh Mohammed and Al Ansari are fervent supporters of the club. Al Ansari will almost certainly attend the Moscow final of the UEFA cup if the team fend off Chelsea in the semi-final.

Al Ansari was quoted in Arabian Business saying: “We will continue to be interested and would love to own the club but we are not going to put ourselves in a difficult situation where we make the investment but we have no control over the destiny of the club and we cannot influence the success of the club.

“Unfortunately, the terms that have been put on the table do not allow us to do that.”

davidbartlett

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/04/11/rick-parry-tells-tom-hicks-i-will-not-resign-from-liverpool-fc-64375-20749846/

A phone call away?

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #1455 on: April 11, 2008, 08:23:15 am »
You're in the minority mate. Parry has been quite inept for us.
Minority? Look again if I were you. And whilst you're doing that, look harder....the bigger picture, you see it? The one you're missing. Inept is true I've said so myself many a time, but he's one of the few that's holding down the fort right now. As SOS first said, there should be an amnesty in place. He is performing a very valuable task that of Chief Thorn in Jabba's Backside. Don't worry we'll deal with him sooner or later, but not before we rid ourselves of the Texan Tumour.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1456 on: April 11, 2008, 08:24:16 am »
Does anyone know what 'fan groups' the Hicks have been courting and drip feeding information too???
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #1457 on: April 11, 2008, 08:25:08 am »
we need to get behind parry. just to fuck that fat fuckwit off. all the parry chants made the fat twat think he was doin right by trying to get rid of him.

get behind parry and show hicks that no matter how much we dislike/hate parry its nothing compared to the way we feel about him.

the fat wobbly faced porker.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1458 on: April 11, 2008, 08:25:10 am »
Once again, he couldn't give a flying fuck what you all think
Exactly how I feel reading your post, to be honest.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline guyko21

• Kopite
« Reply #1459 on: April 11, 2008, 08:25:56 am »
I wondering whether the Gilletts, Moores and Parry can now oust Hicks Jr from the Board ... gradually suffocating Hicks out of the club ...

Also, if Gillett can come to an agreement with DIC to cover his interest charges, the current Board could vote for the club to NOT pay the owners' interest charges from dividends ... surely that would be the way to force Hicks out.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1460 on: April 11, 2008, 08:29:38 am »
Minority? Look again if I were you. And whilst you're doing that, look harder....the bigger picture, you see it? The one you're missing. Inept is true I've said so myself many a time, but he's one of the few that's holding down the fort right now. As SOS first said, there should be an amnesty in place. He is performing a very valuable task that of Chief Thorn in Jabba's Backside. Don't worry we'll deal with him sooner or later, but not before we rid ourselves of the Texan Tumour.

Lose the condescending BS attitude. Speaking of "missing", this is the post my comment was directed at however someone beat me to post by oh 26 seconds:

"Never caught on to the "Fuck Parry" thing that started a while back. Allways liked him."

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1461 on: April 11, 2008, 08:30:36 am »

Both Sheikh Mohammed and Al Ansari are fervent supporters of the club. Al Ansari will almost certainly attend the Moscow final of the UEFA cup if the team fend off Chelsea in the semi-final.

::) Not a gaffe you'd expect to see in the DP really.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1462 on: April 11, 2008, 08:36:02 am »
Lose the condescending BS attitude. Speaking of "missing", this is the post my comment was directed at however someone beat me to post by oh 26 seconds:

"Never caught on to the "Fuck Parry" thing that started a while back.Allways liked him."

Condescending? Not me who's claiming to speak for the 'majority' is it....

Just don't want the Parry competence issue (no debate really) to sidetrack us from the real problem here.