Author Topic: Lucas  (Read 143151 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Lucas
« Reply #960 on: May 1, 2018, 05:38:55 pm »
After his playing career has ended, I would love to have Lucas back in some kind of backroom staff capacity. Teaching some youngsters how to be a DM or some such. I think Klopp wouldn't mind having Lucas back in as some kind of assistant.

Has he got any sort of coaching ability?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #961 on: May 21, 2018, 12:18:50 am »
Feel bad for Lucas - lazio’s slow tumble from challenging for the title to losing on the final day and dropping out of the CL spots.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #962 on: May 21, 2018, 12:27:04 am »
Gutted for Lucas, although I'm not disappointed of having half the chance of returning to Rome next season, despite having a cracking time there recently.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #963 on: May 21, 2018, 09:27:43 am »
^ aye bloody hell. I thought Inter had to win 6-0. Didn't know it was head to head. But yeah no better place to go than the city of Milan compared to Rome.

Offline testies

• Main Stander
« Reply #964 on: May 21, 2018, 06:24:40 pm »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: May 22, 2018, 01:58:14 pm »
bet he's in attendance at the final - probably still has a bunch of close friends on the team

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #966 on: May 22, 2018, 02:06:10 pm »
Seems like Lazio fans reeaally love him. Translate to english.

http://www.forumlazioultras.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27596&sid=826f2b4353a52cfe3105b1c17a95f347&start=1675

Always loved him personally. Would have come in very handy in these last few games but I understand why he chose to leave. He's a very important player for Lazio and as you can see on the forum almost all of them are rating him as their best player, above Ciro Immobile who almost was top scorer of the serie a.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: June 1, 2018, 07:19:42 pm »
Lucas, Lazio Player of the Year, after Liverpool supporters hijack the vote. ;D

Say what you want about that, but certainly made me smile.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fans-pay-unique-tribute-14733876
@Yvanicuzz

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #968 on: June 22, 2018, 09:53:48 pm »
That prick Can got to wear the Captains armband while Lucas was fucked off to Rome. If anyone deserved a Champions league final, it was Lucas .
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #969 on: June 22, 2018, 09:55:23 pm »
That prick Can got to wear the Captains armband while Lucas was fucked off to Rome. If anyone deserved a Champions league final, it was Lucas .

He wasn’t fucked off anywhere, he wanted to go
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: June 22, 2018, 10:00:37 pm »

:lmao

It's also likely that we wouldn't have reached there if we had Lucas instead of Can?
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #971 on: June 23, 2018, 10:23:37 am »

Why is Can a prick?

Lucas wanted to go, you're insulting both him and Klopp by saying he was "fucked off" to Rome.

Offline indianscouser

• Kopite
« Reply #972 on: January 31, 2019, 10:55:13 pm »
Just scored the winning penalty for Lazio against Inter to send them to the Coppa semi final.  :wave

Its so good to see him doing well.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #973 on: February 1, 2019, 12:29:59 am »
 :wave :wave :wave

Now go and win it big fella
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #974 on: February 1, 2019, 11:28:47 am »
Just scored the winning penalty for Lazio against Inter to send them to the Coppa semi final.  :wave

Its so good to see him doing well.

Really absorbing match that - enjoyed it.

Was hoping Lucas was going to step up for the winner and wasn't disappointed.  Glad to see he's doing so well in Rome - hopefully he also gets a year with Gremio before becoming a permanent fixture in the Legends side ;D

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #975 on: February 1, 2019, 12:09:31 pm »
Great stuff, really pleased for the lad and sets up a good semi.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #976 on: February 1, 2019, 10:53:55 pm »
Love Lucas, he still watches all our matches and is clearly a lifetime fan now just like Luis Garcia, Alonso,, Agger etc.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: May 16, 2019, 12:29:24 am »
A big night and Well done lad - Welcome back to European football.

One of us, you know you're one of us.  :scarf

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #978 on: May 16, 2019, 07:38:54 am »
A big night and Well done lad - Welcome back to European football.

One of us, you know you're one of us.  :scarf

Great to see!

..and Luis Alberto too!
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #979 on: May 16, 2019, 10:14:09 am »
Great to see!

..and Luis Alberto too!
what happened?

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: May 16, 2019, 10:20:23 am »
Man of the match performance and an assist (he's taking corners for them?!) in the Copa Italia final last night.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxgDhmPo5al/?igshid=18mdlqsfp9t3q

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: May 16, 2019, 10:26:03 am »
Still got a great defensive output this season - 3.5 tackles + 2 interceptions per game. Not as monstrous as his pre-ligament injury days for us (5.5 tackles + 2.5 interceptions!). But still not bad for a guy that can't sprint. Probably the best defensive reader of the game we've had until Van Dijk.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: June 3, 2019, 04:03:28 am »
Lucas Leiva
@LucasLeiva87
How much it means for him !!
@LFC
 #champions  #reds #YNWA

There is a brief video of his son running around wearing a Liverpool shirt celebrating our victory.  :)

https://mobile.twitter.com/LucasLeiva87/status/1134938579170484224
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #983 on: June 3, 2019, 04:04:25 am »
Lucas Leiva
@LucasLeiva87
@LFC
 #champions  #reds #YNWA

There is a brief video of his son running around wearing a Liverpool shirt celebrating our victory.  :)

Can't take the Scouser out of him  8)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #984 on: June 7, 2019, 10:22:56 pm »
Lucas Leiva
@LucasLeiva87
@LFC
 #champions  #reds #YNWA

Great stuff !

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: June 8, 2019, 06:23:56 am »
He's taught him well. Lucas will always be a much-loved Red, would love to see him back at Anfield if we have a charity game

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #986 on: June 15, 2019, 03:54:12 am »
https://twitter.com/OfficialSSLazio/status/1139222642073001985?s=19

Leading with a whopping 88% is our very own Lucas, for lazio's player of the season.

Luckeeeeeeeee.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #987 on: June 15, 2019, 05:26:56 am »
From our perspective, I think Fabinho has been a major part of our improvement so the move has worked out best for everyone. Lucas has never been anything but professional and extremely likable. Glad he's had some success and become a top player at Lazio.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: June 15, 2019, 12:40:37 pm »
https://twitter.com/OfficialSSLazio/status/1139222642073001985?s=19

Leading with a whopping 88% is our very own Lucas, for lazio's player of the season.

Luckeeeeeeeee.

I'd imagine quite a few of those were from Liverpool fans. We're notoriously organised in support of our own.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #989 on: June 15, 2019, 08:28:08 pm »
From our perspective, I think Fabinho has been a major part of our improvement so the move has worked out best for everyone. Lucas has never been anything but professional and extremely likable. Glad he's had some success and become a top player at Lazio.

Obviously the lad wants to play, but I regret him leaving early last season when we were desperate for midfielders back end of the campaign - Lallana and Can coming on in the CL Final when Lucas would have been in a shoe-in. Totally different player to Chambo of course, but could have done what he does well releasing someone else eg Gini to get further forward. Could have been different, who knows?

Glad he's so popular at and loving Lazio, couldn't bear the thought of him not only missing out on an amazing CL campaign, but being at a shit club having a shit time  ;D

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: June 18, 2019, 12:43:14 am »
Currently just about beating Francesco Acerbi for Lazio's player of the year, 88% to 12%
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: December 23, 2019, 02:34:38 pm »
Well in lad

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #992 on: December 23, 2019, 03:04:35 pm »

Well in, Lucas (and Luis Alberto too) :)

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #993 on: December 23, 2019, 09:22:44 pm »
Made up to see him winning a few trophies, fully deserves it. Even better when Juve are on the end of it!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: December 26, 2019, 07:05:58 pm »
Just posted about him in the best Liverpool player of the decade thread. What a wonderful player he was for us, so intelligent. I remember he got a severe injury around Christmas in Kenny's last season here and our season went off a cliff afterwards, which was no coincidence in my opinion. Great to see him lifting trophies with Lazio.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: December 29, 2019, 09:49:04 am »
Just posted about him in the best Liverpool player of the decade thread. What a wonderful player he was for us, so intelligent. I remember he got a severe injury around Christmas in Kenny's last season here and our season went off a cliff afterwards, which was no coincidence in my opinion. Great to see him lifting trophies with Lazio.

Nah. Forgotten player of the decade, underrated player of the decade, character of the decade, maybe (and even in the last instance, beyond my imagination, there are competitors, even from amongst people who were here when he was). Player of the decade? Forgottenly great for a sadly brief flash, then an injury washed it away. For nearly all of the last decade, he's been a pale shade of what he was at his peak. Astonishingly, that's still good enough to make him arguably the best DM Lazio ever had, ahead of their previous legend Almeyda.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: December 31, 2019, 12:37:26 am »
Nah. Forgotten player of the decade, underrated player of the decade, character of the decade, maybe (and even in the last instance, beyond my imagination, there are competitors, even from amongst people who were here when he was). Player of the decade? Forgottenly great for a sadly brief flash, then an injury washed it away. For nearly all of the last decade, he's been a pale shade of what he was at his peak. Astonishingly, that's still good enough to make him arguably the best DM Lazio ever had, ahead of their previous legend Almeyda.
I didn't say he was the player of the decade. I said he could've been, if injuries hadn't ruined him.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: January 10, 2020, 03:30:34 am »
So glad to listen to his interview again on TAW. Whatever he was as a footballer, I’ll always remember him as a top notch human being.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #998 on: January 15, 2020, 04:36:54 pm »
Thanks to the wonders of Google Translate I've been reading some of his birthday wishes left by Lazio fans. I think they love him.

He is on the pitch as a leader, he is the soul of the midfield.
Safely drag the team even if the waves are high.
He adjusts his forelock and sets off again.
Then you say why Cataldi grew up, Danilo put humility and desire into it but Lucas is teaching him how to get in the middle without fear of anyone.

on January 9 in fate: champion wishes, monster wishes, that the strength of LAZIO and Laziali are always with you.

Honored to have you here, I say it seriously.

Honored by your arrival, your insertion, your contribution, your presence, your skills, your passion, your dedication.

Happy birthday Lucas.

Every now and then, when I see him stealing the ball from an opponent reading his intentions 5 minutes before, I look at him well and I ask myself: "but is that Lucas Leiva? But is he really playing with us ?!"
I know 3 years and still don't believe it :D

Ha, glad to see he's still reading what the opposition is going to do before they know themselves.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 04:39:16 pm by groove »

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #999 on: February 5, 2020, 03:57:12 pm »
Just looked up on whoscored and he is still getting a lot of minutes for Lazio which is actually in contention for the Serie A title.

Happy for him and hope they win ( enough of Juve in the last 10 years or so).