Author Topic: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...  (Read 150855 times)

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...
« Reply #1280 on: September 19, 2010, 08:28:58 pm »
Tatty bye Roy. You useless piece of shit.

:lmao

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1281 on: September 19, 2010, 08:30:06 pm »
Ok but how's about we point the finger at the players for a change? Rafa couldn't get them going last season and so far Roy hasn't got them going this season. Maybe it's not entirely the fault of the manager. We DO have SOME top class players on BIG money. And yet they seem impervious to ANY criticism.

Indeed. Some of these players have been shocking. I have backed him enough but for a £17m attacking full back, Johnson puts some crap crosses in. Torres couldn't even be bothered and considering the flack Gerrard got last season, I wonder what excuse people use in Torres' case? Oh let me guess, he didn't get any service.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1282 on: September 19, 2010, 08:30:18 pm »
Ngog coming on changed the game but reading today that even Sunderland have spent more on their strikeforce than we have.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #1283 on: September 19, 2010, 08:31:34 pm »

we are 3, and I repeat THREE points off the 4th spot.

Yep, and about 3pts off bottom.

Not where I expect the club to be.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1284 on: September 19, 2010, 08:31:57 pm »
Torres couldn't even be bothered and considering the flack Gerrard got last season, I wonder what excuse people use in Torres' case? Oh let me guess, he didn't get any service.

Torres was alot better when Ngog came on, he got the penalty and the free kick. Bar scoring that's not bad?

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #1285 on: September 19, 2010, 08:32:27 pm »
WTF?

Well, our team was able to contain Manc, right? We almost nicked a draw. Everything is according to Roy's plan.  Clearly his plan worked. What else can you expect from a manager who was able to implement his plan to (almost) a perfection? Not much, right?  :wave
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1286 on: September 19, 2010, 08:33:41 pm »
Well, our team was able to contain Manc, right? We almost nicked a draw. Everything is according to Roy's plan.  Clearly his plan worked. What else can you expect from a manager who was able to implement his plan to (almost) a perfection? Not much, right?  :wave

His plan is to let the mancs overrun us score 3 goals and be the better team and lose? Well that's good to know.

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1287 on: September 19, 2010, 08:33:54 pm »
Torres needs help this season because he isn't getting much from the middle. If our plan is to play long balls then he needs somebody to hold the ball up for him.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1288 on: September 19, 2010, 08:35:14 pm »
Ok but how's about we point the finger at the players for a change? Rafa couldn't get them going last season and so far Roy hasn't got them going this season. Maybe it's not entirely the fault of the manager. We DO have SOME top class players on BIG money. And yet they seem impervious to ANY criticism.

I thought some players downed tools last season. The mix in the dressing room was maybe veering towards poisonous, so the manager's instructions might not have been properly carried out re pressing / winning the ball. Some games were so lacking in belief you could tell it wouldn't have mattered what the manager had said beforehand. It would have clashed jarringly with Rafa's philosophy to suddenly cut down on pressing so significantly in certain games that like you say, it had to be the players.

This season, I'm pretty sure it's a question of approach. They're instructed to hold deeper positions, not to cede space by pressing too early it seems. I'm not convinced by it.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1289 on: September 19, 2010, 08:36:08 pm »
Yes. We lost.
We have 5 points from 5 games and sitting 16th in the table, but don't let it fool you.

we are 3, and I repeat THREE points off the 4th spot.

We have played 4 of the toughest PL fixtures of any team and now we have 5 relatively easier fixtures in front of us, and after those 5 games we'll truly be able to judge our team, players and manager for this season.

That's true. It's early days etc. But already we are in the position where we normally give up the season. With every other thing going on at the club, we need to know we're on the right track and soon. We have to win games and climb up the table.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1290 on: September 19, 2010, 08:36:18 pm »
OK just looked up our results for the calender year 2010 in the league we have won just 1 game away against Burnley!!!!!!

I hope this puts some perspective on recent results.

Bearing this in mind perhaps it was not too bad a result even given the fact that United are so out of form themselves.

http://www.kleverkloggs.co.uk/Liverpool-results-09-10.html

The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #1291 on: September 19, 2010, 08:37:04 pm »
Indeed. Some of these players have been shocking. I have backed him enough but for a £17m attacking full back, Johnson puts some crap crosses in. Torres couldn't even be bothered and considering the flack Gerrard got last season, I wonder what excuse people use in Torres' case? Oh let me guess, he didn't get any service.

I like how you say that Johnson can't put in a decent cross but then try and prove that Torres does get service.

And yes, Torres was not arsed at all which is why he won us a penalty and the freekick which led to the goal.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1292 on: September 19, 2010, 08:37:34 pm »
The fact is that I saw similar and just as many shite performances under Rafa, with the same crappy negativity as demonstrated by Hodgson in some games. The fact that the likes of Torres and Rodriguez had people defending them because both "did not get any service", while Poulsen and Konchesky got ripped to shreds shows exactly what peoples views are. Lets not forget that it was both Cole and Meireles who played the passes that led to the penalty and free kicks.

Also, Hodgson's tactics were getting questioned regarding player positions. Has Gerrard not played central midfield before? Has Raul Meireles never ever played in attacking midfield?

If this was a match under Benitez, we would have all sorts of stats being blurted out about possession. But under Hodgson I guess he does not get such grace, because he isn't Benitez.

In my opinion, we played ok. Not great, but not terrible. We still have players like Cole and Meireles being integrated into the squad while having a squad who's players are in a constant case of not being arsed. It wasn't as shit a performance against one of the best teams in England that people are claiming.

We have had many seasons under Benitez where we have been closer to the relegation zone than the title.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:39:32 pm by killer_heels »

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #1293 on: September 19, 2010, 08:38:35 pm »
I'm not criticizing Hodgson because he was brought in by this board - I'm only suggesting that he doesn't get the automatic support that I gave other managers because of it. That's not something I can explain, it's just my own personal feelings. I've personally been against many decisions that the board and the owners have taken. It would take something special for me to line up unquestioningly behind one of their decisions, because their track record is, frankly, shit.

Like I suggested, and you picked up on, Hodgson's football results on the pitch may take me from "uncomfortable observer of Hodgson's appointment" to "outright proponent of the Hodgson Way". So far, he's really given me little to suggest the change was for footballing reasons, that we got a superior manager in the footballing sense for the 11.5 million quid we spent to upgrade managers. But football's an afterthought.

Business wise, the direction is alarming. The squad is getting older in a hurry due to the age of his recruits and the age of the Rafa-era players that Hodgson has chosen to keep, and the money's running out. We'll have to replace Konchesky, Kuyt, Gerrard, Carra, Maxi, Cole, Poulsen, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, and Aurelio within the next 3 years. Even Torres, Meireles and Johnson are the wrong side of 25. Even if this flock of players starts bringing in results, we're gonna be fucked soon. We don't have any Patos or Messis on our team. The youngest player who has a claim to the word "starter" is Lucas, and he's the most picked on member of this team, and I don't expect him to be around for much longer. Insua is gone. Ayala is on loan. Mikel San Jose starts for Bilbao. Two kids were swapped for Konchesky. Nemeth is in Greece. The Riojas bought for 2015 are being popped without any thought to Best Drinking Date.

But getting back to Rafa - I disagree with your statement that "we" thought he should have gone for the jugular when he "settled" for something less. Rafa had the right approach - first become dead hard to beat, then worry about converting the draws into wins. Everyone bitched about the draws in 2008/2009 - well I'd give my left arsecheek for that many draws every season. Every season Baz. I would take that many draws every season. Let me say that again so that there is no confusion. I would take that many draws every league campaign.

You know why? Because Rafa had it right - with that many draws, and taking something like 14 points from top 4 teams (that's sick) we still had the most points that any second place team ever had. If we did that every year, we'd be within shouting distance of the title every season. Most of us just cannot wrap our limited intellect around the fact that it's not about one hand; it's about getting to the final table. Just because you create chances to see a flop, it doesn't mean you go all in every hand. It's a campaign. Fuck going for it every minute, instead be hard to beat and consistent. Take the points from home/away matchups against top opposition. That's it, djes. You don't need to go for broke against Stoke. Most times, Kuyt's opener counts, and Gerrard's shot goes in off the post. Meanwhile, you accumulate a war chest from Champions League revenue, and spend a percentage of it on a lot - a lot - of cheap, promising kids.

Instead, we did what Rafa always said not to do. We pushed harder than we should have in 2009/2010 when we didn't really have a chance at winning the hand, lost when it was obvious we weren't gonna win, took that as an indictment of Rafa and the whole fucking system, and then tilted madly. Victims of emotion. Pathetic really.

I can't speak for most people, Baz, but my discomfort with how we look now isn't about plucking random results and comparing them. It's about the entire tournament, indeed, the entire portfolio, not an isolated case by case comparison. Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged of Platini's jar. On any given day, Rafa's Rojas - a portfolio full of individual results that may look questionable in isolation - looked like something I'd put my money on. On any given day. You can't say that now. Would you fancy something out of an away trip to Inter Milan right now? Would you fuck. He'd fucking rip us to shreds, then look at his watch, the fat fuck.

Whether he bought Alonso for 10m or sold him for 30m, whether he bought Mascherano or sold Sissoko, whether Crouch fired blanks or became prolific for England, whether he swapped Josemi for Kromkamp (sp?) or Dudek for Reina, whether he played Gerrard on the right or off Torres, whether he "went for it" or "settled for a draw", whether he won in Istanbul or made 2 finals in 3 years, whether he stuck with Bellamy or bought Torres, on or off, whether his team conceded 4 to Arshavin or hit Chelsea for 4 at the Bridge - Rafa earned my respect, and my support because the longterm results were overwhelmingly positive. Random decisions and results mean nothing.

If Rafa were a fund, I'd invest in it. It looks like it would feature consistent performance, profits, and dividends - possibly boring, but those are usually stellart investments. I didn't disagree with any single individual thing Rafa did, especially not fucking subs or silly shit like "going for it" because I knew that over time, I was in the right hands. Day to day decisions may have indeed been random; but the long term results were on an upward trajectory. In his shittiest year, he came within minutes of a European final. That's long term results smoothed out for ya.

Unfortunately, some of us sound like folks who sold a longterm winner at the first sign of trouble, hopped onto a risky stock, and are now peering intently at the price over the last week, while alarm bells are ringing on the one year chart. "Oh it'll be alright, Rafa lost at Trafford too, it's not so bad," they say.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Excellent post. Rafa was removed from his job - a job he loved and a city that he and his family loved - because he stood up for US and our club against the Yank Rapists.

Hodgson is a big boy. If he didn't know what he was getting into he's a fucking stupid big boy.

If the board and owners don't expect results WE do.

So far, Hodgson has been negative and lacking ambition in his tactics.

As a Liverpool fan I sincerely hope he proves me wrong but I don't see him achieving anything for us during his tenure - however long that tenure is.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1294 on: September 19, 2010, 08:38:46 pm »
OK just looked up our results for the calender year 2010 in the league we have won just 1 game away against Burnley!!!!!!

I hope this puts some perspective on recent results.

http://www.kleverkloggs.co.uk/Liverpool-results-09-10.html

Not buying it. Last season was terrible and it's now being used as a yardstick to accept what we see this season?

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1295 on: September 19, 2010, 08:39:15 pm »
Lets see where we are in the next 5 games.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #1296 on: September 19, 2010, 08:40:00 pm »
The fact is that I saw similar and just as many shite performances under Rafa, with the same crappy negativity as demonstrated by Hodgson in some games. The fact that the likes of Torres and Rodriguez had people defending them because both "did not get any service", while Poulsen and Konchesky got ripped to shreds shows exactly what peoples views are. Lets not forget that it was both Cole and Meireles who played the passes that led to the penalty and free kicks.

Also, Hodgson's tactics were getting questioned regarding player positions. Has Gerrard not played central midfield before? Has Raul Meireles never ever played in attacking midfield?

If this was a match under Benitez, we would have all sorts of stats being blurted out about possession. But under Hodgson I guess he does not get such grace, because he isn't Benitez.

Again. Please would you fuck off with your Benitez shite.

Roy is the manager. Why the need to bring Rafa up in one of your every 5 posts?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1297 on: September 19, 2010, 08:40:53 pm »
We have had many seasons under Benitez where we have been closer to the relegation zone than the title.

Fucks sake let it go, if people think Konchesky or whoever didn't play well its got fuck all to do with Rafa.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1298 on: September 19, 2010, 08:41:09 pm »
Again. Please would you fuck off with your Benitez shite.

Roy is the manager. Why the need to bring Rafa up in one of your every 5 posts?

Just following the masses in here. You know, towing the party line and all that.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1299 on: September 19, 2010, 08:41:23 pm »
Not buying it. Last season was terrible and it's now being used as a yardstick to accept what we see this season?
Not really just saying it is a continuation. Not acceptable but new manager finding his feet, new players, Masch gone, turmoil in the boardroom etc. Their are extenuating circumstances we have to take into consideration. Tactically Rafa is on another planet to Roy, no denying it. But nor can you deny how utterly shyte we were last season.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1300 on: September 19, 2010, 08:41:26 pm »
Really felt we had these by the balls at 2-2. We'd shown great spirit to get back into it. I think most of us felt it was game over once the second went in but the lads battled hard. I was very disappointed in the way we took our foot off the gas once we got the equaliser though. Had we continued to put pressure on them I'm convinced we could have got ourselves a winner and one fuckin' famous victory an' all. We need a more positive attitude in these kind of games. That crowd won't get anywhere near the league title this season, they're alright end of.

It's clear to me that we have problems in the full back areas. I'll give Konchesky my support, he's only new here and he's not a bad player but I'm worried by the amount of crosses he's allowed into the box since he arrived. It's clear we're not the strongest at the back in the air and we don't have a huge fucker like Hangeland who can win everything in the air. Therefore it'smore important for these issues to be nipped in the bud i.e. by stopping the crosses from coming into the penalty area. Felt that horrible cheating cnut Nani got the better of him one too many times today and two goals came from down his side. His decision to act as a second goalkeeper for the first goal and stand behind Pepe whilst leaving his post unguarded was just bizzare and probably cost us a goal.

As for our other full back, I must admit Johnson is really frustrating me right now. I really think the lad lacks a football brain. He's got the pace and ability to beat his man yet never seems to use the ball well. I never have much confidence in his ability to mark a dangerous player out of the game and reckon he's a mistake waiting to happen more often than not. I wouldn't complain if he was dropped for a few games, or at least moved forward into a right wing role to give Kelly a chance at right back.

Meireles did okay I thought, some nice balls particularly in the second half. Was quiet in the first half but I don't think anyone played particularly well for the opening 45 minutes.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #1301 on: September 19, 2010, 08:41:40 pm »
His plan is to let the mancs overrun us score 3 goals and be the better team and lose? Well that's good to know.

There, see.  We have something to agree upon.  That wasn't so bad, right?
I mean, unlike, Rafa, or Kenny (who has such a big mouth for claiming that we can win the league and no respect for the best manager in the league), Roy knows our his place  (Damn, why the scarf waving smiley is not directly displayed)
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #1302 on: September 19, 2010, 08:41:45 pm »
I'm not criticizing Hodgson because he was brought in by this board - I'm only suggesting that he doesn't get the automatic support that I gave other managers because of it. That's not something I can explain, it's just my own personal feelings. I've personally been against many decisions that the board and the owners have taken. It would take something special for me to line up unquestioningly behind one of their decisions, because their track record is, frankly, shit.

Like I suggested, and you picked up on, Hodgson's football results on the pitch may take me from "uncomfortable observer of Hodgson's appointment" to "outright proponent of the Hodgson Way". So far, he's really given me little to suggest the change was for footballing reasons, that we got a superior manager in the footballing sense for the 11.5 million quid we spent to upgrade managers. But football's an afterthought.

Business wise, the direction is alarming. The squad is getting older in a hurry due to the age of his recruits and the age of the Rafa-era players that Hodgson has chosen to keep, and the money's running out. We'll have to replace Konchesky, Kuyt, Gerrard, Carra, Maxi, Cole, Poulsen, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, and Aurelio within the next 3 years. Even Torres, Meireles and Johnson are the wrong side of 25. Even if this flock of players starts bringing in results, we're gonna be fucked soon. We don't have any Patos or Messis on our team. The youngest player who has a claim to the word "starter" is Lucas, and he's the most picked on member of this team, and I don't expect him to be around for much longer. Insua is gone. Ayala is on loan. Mikel San Jose starts for Bilbao. Two kids were swapped for Konchesky. Nemeth is in Greece. The Riojas bought for 2015 are being popped without any thought to Best Drinking Date.

But getting back to Rafa - I disagree with your statement that "we" thought he should have gone for the jugular when he "settled" for something less. Rafa had the right approach - first become dead hard to beat, then worry about converting the draws into wins. Everyone bitched about the draws in 2008/2009 - well I'd give my left arsecheek for that many draws every season. Every season Baz. I would take that many draws every season. Let me say that again so that there is no confusion. I would take that many draws every league campaign.

You know why? Because Rafa had it right - with that many draws, and taking something like 14 points from top 4 teams (that's sick) we still had the most points that any second place team ever had. If we did that every year, we'd be within shouting distance of the title every season. Most of us just cannot wrap our limited intellect around the fact that it's not about one hand; it's about getting to the final table. Just because you create chances to see a flop, it doesn't mean you go all in every hand. It's a campaign. Fuck going for it every minute, instead be hard to beat and consistent. Take the points from home/away matchups against top opposition. That's it, djes. You don't need to go for broke against Stoke. Most times, Kuyt's opener counts, and Gerrard's shot goes in off the post. Meanwhile, you accumulate a war chest from Champions League revenue, and spend a percentage of it on a lot - a lot - of cheap, promising kids.

Instead, we did what Rafa always said not to do. We pushed harder than we should have in 2009/2010 when we didn't really have a chance at winning the hand, lost when it was obvious we weren't gonna win, took that as an indictment of Rafa and the whole fucking system, and then tilted madly. Victims of emotion. Pathetic really.

I can't speak for most people, Baz, but my discomfort with how we look now isn't about plucking random results and comparing them. It's about the entire tournament, indeed, the entire portfolio, not an isolated case by case comparison. Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged of Platini's jar. On any given day, Rafa's Rojas - a portfolio full of individual results that may look questionable in isolation - looked like something I'd put my money on. On any given day. You can't say that now. Would you fancy something out of an away trip to Inter Milan right now? Would you fuck. He'd fucking rip us to shreds, then look at his watch, the fat fuck.

Whether he bought Alonso for 10m or sold him for 30m, whether he bought Mascherano or sold Sissoko, whether Crouch fired blanks or became prolific for England, whether he swapped Josemi for Kromkamp (sp?) or Dudek for Reina, whether he played Gerrard on the right or off Torres, whether he "went for it" or "settled for a draw", whether he won in Istanbul or made 2 finals in 3 years, whether he stuck with Bellamy or bought Torres, on or off, whether his team conceded 4 to Arshavin or hit Chelsea for 4 at the Bridge - Rafa earned my respect, and my support because the longterm results were overwhelmingly positive. Random decisions and results mean nothing.

If Rafa were a fund, I'd invest in it. It looks like it would feature consistent performance, profits, and dividends - possibly boring, but those are usually stellart investments. I didn't disagree with any single individual thing Rafa did, especially not fucking subs or silly shit like "going for it" because I knew that over time, I was in the right hands. Day to day decisions may have indeed been random; but the long term results were on an upward trajectory. In his shittiest year, he came within minutes of a European final. That's long term results smoothed out for ya.

Unfortunately, some of us sound like folks who sold a longterm winner at the first sign of trouble, hopped onto a risky stock, and are now peering intently at the price over the last week, while alarm bells are ringing on the one year chart. "Oh it'll be alright, Rafa lost at Trafford too, it's not so bad," they say.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
Top, top post. I agree with everything you say and some. I couldn' have put it better; gimme a shout when you coming down in Surrey and I will buy you a couple of pints.

Offline YayaP

• Is John McEnroe.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1303 on: September 19, 2010, 08:42:15 pm »
Some of the knee jerk stuff on here is ridiculous. I just wonder if the posts would be any different had a few breaks gone our way and we had salvaged a point or even three points. Last year in this exact same fixture we got dry-heaved up and down the pitch for 90 minutes and lost 2-1 with one shot on goal the entire game. The team did not play that badly and actually showed some heart to get back into the game late. This stuff in the boardroom sucks, we have all accepted that. However, that does not mean the players and god-forbid the manager don't deserve our support.

Bottom line is that we did not get the result today, obviously. But the team showed some fight and some desire, and looked to be getting back into the swing of things. At the present moment our team is not good enough to win the title, and United's is good enough to compete. The team went out and almost salvaged a great result against a better side.

And considering the shit we're in....I will take that....from Roy and from the players.
"I belong to a special club, I live with special people, this is a privilege, this is pure happiness." -Gerard Houllier

“When they start talking and talking about us, it shows they are worried about playing Liverpool,” - Rafa Benitez

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #1304 on: September 19, 2010, 08:42:31 pm »

In my opinion, we played ok. Not great, but not terrible. We still have players like Cole and Meireles being integrated into the squad while having a squad who's players are in a constant case of not being arsed. It wasn't as shit a performance against one of the best teams in England that people are claiming.

I guess Liverpool became popular in London after Istanbul.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1305 on: September 19, 2010, 08:43:02 pm »
There, see.  We have something to agree upon.  That wasn't so bad, right?
I mean, unlike, Rafa, or Kenny (who has such a big mouth for claiming that we can win the league and no respect for the best manager in the league), Roy knows our his place  (Damn, why the scarf waving smiley is not directly displayed)

I don't usually accuse people of being a WUM, but if the shoe fits.
And lad show some fucking respect for Kenny!

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1306 on: September 19, 2010, 08:44:29 pm »

You forget this team was hanging on at home to West Brom. No such thing as an easy game anymore, not with this team and Manager.

My thoughts exactly, the games I once thought were probable wins are looking a bit more iffy at the moment.

The worrying thing about our season so far is the performances rather than the results, we look incapable of dictating the tempo of a game for long periods and imposing our style of play (I'm not even sure what that is) on the opposition.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: September 19, 2010, 08:44:45 pm »

What the hell are you pissed on? Bloody hell!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1308 on: September 19, 2010, 08:44:59 pm »

Yeah thats right, because it shows what a shit fan you are to downplay our ex manager isn't it.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1309 on: September 19, 2010, 08:45:33 pm »

Bingo.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #1310 on: September 19, 2010, 08:46:34 pm »
Some of the knee jerk stuff on here is ridiculous. I just wonder if the posts would be any different had a few breaks gone our way and we had salvaged a point or even three points. Last year in this exact same fixture we got dry-heaved up and down the pitch for 90 minutes and lost 2-1 with one shot on goal the entire game.

Than again ...

No matter what people say on this thread, THIS happened only 18 months ago ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGAusKj8FPI
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline Vinay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1311 on: September 19, 2010, 08:46:37 pm »
Very much so I think. Even further lad; try Boston, Massachusetts. Even my sons are massive Liverpool fans and these boys couldn't kick a football to save their ropy short arses.

Offline Old Triangle

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1312 on: September 19, 2010, 08:46:40 pm »
Bit of a random rant this but anyway:

Our lack of width is torturous. All our wide midfielders prefer to cut inside. And I'm not talking about when we haven't got the ball. I expect them to tuck inside when we don't have it - to try make the opposition stay as far from our goal as possible - but Jaysus when we have the ball - the lack of width is just killing me!

For the first half today we really needed an outlet on the wings but it just wasn't there. It was so easy for United to defend - us passing the ball square all the time in front of them 'cos the inside channels were congested.

We don't even have a natural attacking wide man in our squad - Maxi, Cole, Jova, Babel, Kuyt - all central players of one form or another really.

I'm not even sure what Roy's system is at the moment - there just doesn't seem to be a pattern to our play at all. I hope something clicks soon.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #1313 on: September 19, 2010, 08:46:49 pm »

That's quite honestly one of the worst sentences I've ever seen on here, and not in any way true whatsoever.

You should work for Sky.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

hoonin

« Reply #1314 on: September 19, 2010, 08:47:00 pm »
Just following the masses in here. You know, towing the party line and all that.

What party line is this then?

Honest question. Genuinely interested to get a response.

Ta.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1315 on: September 19, 2010, 08:47:22 pm »
What the hell are you pissed on? Bloody hell!

She doesnt have much of a clue and learnt a bit last season in the level 3 thread. Since then she's been spouting the same shite post after post.

The same pointless shite.....Rafa this Rafa that....broke a nail....hair colour didnt come out right...etc etc

@rednich85

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #1316 on: September 19, 2010, 08:47:35 pm »
Yeah thats right, because it shows what a shit fan you are to downplay our ex manager isn't it.

Respecting your managers is the Liverpool way. Wait till we play Villa and see the reception Ged gets.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1317 on: September 19, 2010, 08:48:31 pm »

Season 1 : 5th
Season 2 : 3rd
Season 3 : 3rd
Season 4 : 4th
Season 5 : 2nd
Season 6 : 7th

Which season(s) would that be?

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1318 on: September 19, 2010, 08:48:35 pm »
I live in London, so what, why does it matter where someone lives? Never understood this argument. Perhaps I should be supporting Wembley FC...

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1319 on: September 19, 2010, 08:48:40 pm »
Respecting your managers is the Liverpool way. Wait till we play Villa and see the reception Ged gets.

Is that really the Liverpool Way? Well the reaction to Roy Hodgson on these threads does not smack of much respect for a guy who has been our manager only since the summer.