Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1759119 times)

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #10800 on: May 17, 2021, 06:54:00 pm »
Hopefully it will come good as he did finish well yesterday so its there bubbling under the surface. In the same move you could see he was just jogging back as the West Brom lads were getting out so maybe if he put 110% in then he would have been onside. When things are not going your way then you got to work even harder. The lad is a second top scorer this season so not going anywhere.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10801 on: May 17, 2021, 06:58:11 pm »
He's been a bit better the last couple games but in key moments he does really ugly things that stick in the mind so his slight improvement gets forgotten.

Carrying the ball and dribbling he did well mainly. You can tell there's some sort of mental block as soon as he reaches the penalty area though. Maybe we should try and get him to play as wide as possible the next two games.

He also is still hustling for the. ball so I wouldn't shrug off his efforts lately.

He looked poor but better. Maybe it's because we know how good he can be.

Poor first touch, struggles to beat a man 1v1, loose passing and can't hit a barn door atm.

Hopefully, he snaps out of it on Wednesday.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10802 on: May 17, 2021, 07:43:57 pm »
Could see how far he's fallen with that counter in the second half. Immediately when Mané got the ball the attack slowed down and I think we ended up losing the ball.

Really feel for Mané. Still believe he'll come good next season!
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #10803 on: May 17, 2021, 10:13:03 pm »
I hate to say it but it looks like you have to move the fkn goalposts and tell him to shoot the other side so it goes in! His confidence in front of goal looks drained. Again is this something to do with COVID.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10804 on: May 17, 2021, 10:37:01 pm »
Created our first goal, won the corner for the second. Had a half chance in first half, which the keeper probably saves if he found the target.

I just think we finish poorly as a team. Bobby, Gini and Trent all had pretty good sights at goal where they missed the target. I think even Salah could score more at times also.

Think people are nitpicking a little at Mane performance yesterday if scores I doubt there would be a negative post here.
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10805 on: May 17, 2021, 10:43:46 pm »
We need monster performances from him the next 2 games - goals, assists, take-ons etc.

We have to give Mo some help and put these teams under the gun.

Offline sashraf1066

• Main Stander
« Reply #10806 on: May 17, 2021, 11:13:56 pm »
I love his all round effort but wish he'd try harder to get onside.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10807 on: May 17, 2021, 11:35:20 pm »
Wonderful player for us. Might help if he smiled a bit more. Or is he just a miserable fucker?😉

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #10808 on: May 17, 2021, 11:57:05 pm »
Think hes fighting through it and slowly but surely coming around, myself. Guy whose been supremely confident to the point of it being innate since he was about 4 years old suddenly loses his confidence, it aint that easy. His recent performances make me think he will be back in full next season. There was one turn in the box where the ball got away from him because he knocked it too far, actually encouraged me greatly because it was an amazing move that he'd given up trying stuff like that, and he didn't miss it by much even though it appeared fairly poor in result. Plus hes redoubled his physical efforts if thats even possible and never hints at showing pain although he gets kicked constantly. Just not quite clicking on the instinct part of it, thinking far too much. 

The angry look on his face is simply inner pain imo, that its not happening like it should but hes not about to show that to an opponent. I want happy Mane back too though, it'll come.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #10809 on: May 18, 2021, 01:47:13 am »
Fear not. Sadio is just lulling Burnley into a false sense of security.

4 sharp finishes from 4 acute and impossible angles coming up.
I feel like Sadio’s had the stuffing knocked out of him this season by VAR and poor refereeing (from the bogus offside that cancelled Hendo’s brilliant goal in the derby to the constant beating he’s taken off defenders and got nothing from the refs) to the point where he’s lost all his confidence. He needs rest too. He’ll be back to his best with a good few weeks off over the summer.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 01:51:10 am by Morgana »

Offline Red Being

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10810 on: May 18, 2021, 05:45:09 am »
Was surprised to see he is our highest rated player for the season on the app I check scores on, fotmob. Same is the case on whoscored.com. Seems, he has put in the effort at least.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #10811 on: May 18, 2021, 05:48:14 am »
If he were Irish, his name would have been Sadie O'Maney.

I'll get my coat.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #10812 on: May 18, 2021, 07:48:20 am »

I'll get my coat.

O'Mahoney surely? (Not shirley, surely ;D)

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10813 on: May 18, 2021, 07:54:55 am »
Are the players fully vaccinated? Would make it easier for them during Holiday..
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10814 on: May 18, 2021, 08:56:22 am »
Are the players fully vaccinated? Would make it easier for them during Holiday..

Milner will be close to eligible for one now. Not the rest as here they are going in age order. So many of the players will be the last to get vaccinated.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10815 on: May 18, 2021, 01:27:17 pm »
Fly to the States for a couple of weeks holidays and they could get a free shot if they buy a pizza in some states at the moment. Heard one of my old local pubs is holding a shots clinic last week, a vaccination with your pint for feck sake.

Surely all top athletes who travel abroad for their work should be liable for a shot soon enough.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10816 on: May 18, 2021, 05:21:36 pm »
Fly to the States for a couple of weeks holidays and they could get a free shot if they buy a pizza in some states at the moment. Heard one of my old local pubs is holding a shots clinic last week, a vaccination with your pint for feck sake.

Surely all top athletes who travel abroad for their work should be liable for a shot soon enough.

They give free baseball tickets out here in NY if you get a shot  ;D

I just went to the local hospital to get them though! The age limit for vaccines is long gone, anyone has been able to get one for weeks.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10817 on: May 19, 2021, 01:25:00 am »
They give free baseball tickets out here in NY if you get a shot  ;D

I just went to the local hospital to get them though! The age limit for vaccines is long gone, anyone has been able to get one for weeks.

we even got our 14.5 years old's their first shot last week.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #10818 on: May 19, 2021, 10:28:32 am »

I'll get my coat.
Bit of a random post!  ;D

If he were a personal trainer his name would be Cardio Mane  :P

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10819 on: May 19, 2021, 11:26:56 am »
Bit of a random post!  ;D

If he were a personal trainer his name would be Cardio Mane  :P

Weird indeed. Like if he showed us his butt - Sadio Moone

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10820 on: May 19, 2021, 11:53:52 am »
When he's miserable....Sad Man

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10821 on: May 19, 2021, 10:18:51 pm »
Looks like a different player with fans. Very tidy performance.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #10822 on: May 19, 2021, 10:22:37 pm »
Summer off and hopefully he is back to the Mane we all remember.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #10823 on: May 19, 2021, 10:23:34 pm »
Finishing is still not there but the build up play has been much better these last two matches.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10824 on: May 19, 2021, 10:23:48 pm »
Lovely assist for Nat’s goal.  Looked pretty good tonight, hopefully a good break will do him the world of good.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #10825 on: May 20, 2021, 12:39:16 am »
Was OK. Good assist.

But no electric pace, accelerating off a standing start to leave defenders wrong footed.
No quick reflexes to Intuitively adjust body position to divert the ball towards.
Pressing ok, but nothing extraordinary or spectacular.

At the moment, I almost think it might be better to slightly tweak our formation to have Salah more central and freer from defensive responsibilities.

i.e Let Mane and Firmino do even more of the donkey work, and let Salah stay even higher up the pitch, on the shoulder of the last defender.
Counter the Crystal Palace counter attack / set piece attacks by deliberately leaving Salah on the halfway line, and go long...

May work if Mane plays the Dirk Kuyt role diligently.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #10826 on: May 20, 2021, 12:40:49 am »
Played a big part in two of the goals, good to see.

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #10827 on: May 20, 2021, 12:45:47 am »

No disrespect to Kuyt, but that's just a stupid thing to say about one of our star players.

But no electric pace, accelerating off a standing start to leave defenders wrong footed.

That was literally what he did for the second goal.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 12:51:10 am by Bjornar »

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10828 on: May 20, 2021, 12:46:34 am »
Two assists in his last two games.  He's not at his best by any means but that's a good output.

There was one in the first half where he rolled Westwood then accelerated away where it looked like Sadio of old.  Of course, Westwood cynically tripped him and of course it wasn't a yellow card.  I doubt we'll see his confidence magically return with one game left this season but he's certainly contributing.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10829 on: May 20, 2021, 07:25:14 am »
Good grief.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #10830 on: May 20, 2021, 08:05:36 am »
Lovely assist for Nat’s goal.  Looked pretty good tonight, hopefully a good break will do him the world of good.
Definitely. He’s too good not to find that form again. Confident he’ll be back to his best or near it next season at some point. It’s easy to forget he’s world class when he is.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #10831 on: May 20, 2021, 08:59:28 am »
Good grief.

I m missing Dirk guys.
Its been ages since we had a proper "defensive striker"
Firmino does not count.

Mane can be it!
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #10832 on: May 20, 2021, 09:04:36 am »
No disrespect to Kuyt, but that's just a stupid thing to say about one of our star players.

That was literally what he did for the second goal.

He tried to, and it worked as proven by the assist.
But the pace and change in direction that we know he had before would have left the defender on his behind and allowed Mane to shoot or pull back with precision.  Instead of a floaty hopeful cross that Nat did excellently with.
Sounds like nitpicking and I probably am! But its only because I see in Mane the total freakish phenom he was before. The real madrid final we lost or the legendary Bayern goal past Neuer....
This is a different player.

Offline jjasonuk

• Looking for Mumbles on the Tottenham High Road.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #10833 on: May 21, 2021, 10:50:49 am »
I feel that Sadio has missed fans more than anybody, I am putting a bet on a Mane goal on Sunday
On April 15th, 1989, 96 people went to watch their favourite team play and never came home. With families grieving, the S*n newspaper printed lies about the survivors, and has never apologised.

NEVER BUY THE S*N.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
YNWA

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #10834 on: May 21, 2021, 10:57:20 am »
no player - well, hardly any - can have great season after great season after great season

mane may have had a dip this year but - as has been said ad infinitum - this fucker of a season we've had hasn't helped ANY of our players

so i expect him to be on the up after the summer
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10835 on: May 21, 2021, 02:05:49 pm »
I would still maintain his general play hasn't been as bad as it seems. Still working hard, still creating chances, still getting in good positions. He even still beats his man more than maybe people realise.

But anyway, for all we might cry when he goes to the Afcon next Jan. I think he needs this summer rest badly so could work in our favour if it means he starts next season in tip top shape.

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #10836 on: May 23, 2021, 12:55:17 am »
Sounds like nitpicking and I probably am! But its only because I see in Mane the total freakish phenom he was before.

I think so, you make him sound like Messi, and he never was quite that even at his world class best.

Though not prevalent, there were posts in 2017 as well pondering whether we should try to upgrade on him.

Don't think it's a given we have seen his best season for us yet, and that's an exciting thought.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #10837 on: May 23, 2021, 01:21:15 am »
I think so, you make him sound like Messi, and he never was quite that even at his world class best.

Though not prevalent, there were posts in 2017 as well pondering whether we should try to upgrade on him.

Are you kidding? This guy is as "world class" as it gets. No idea where he went!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts38yEkz8So

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #10838 on: May 23, 2021, 02:25:11 am »
This guy is as "world class" as it gets.

Yes, I just said that. There were some misses and bad moments in between the goals back then as well, like with every player. If you erase that and compare him now with only the best moments from the past then of course you're going to be disappointed.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 02:27:44 am by Bjornar »

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #10839 on: May 23, 2021, 05:07:28 am »
One of the things that is important about Mane to the way we play is he is good in the air, dangerous in the 6 yard box, being on the opposite wing to Trent. To me that’s one of the main things he has seemed to have lost, that first to the cross ability he had. That and the burst of absolute power around the outside of a defender.

I’ve got absolute faith in him though, that he’ll find a way through this form.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him