Author Topic: Pre Match Thread - Liverpool vs. Burnley - Sun 12th Mar - 16:00  (Read 57070 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Pre Match Thread - Liverpool vs. Burnley - Sun 12th Mar - 16:00
« Reply #40 on: March 8, 2017, 04:17:19 pm »
He's a good squad player when played in his right position. We've got enough holes to fill in the squad/team, why make our summer harder than it should be? Klopp clearly wants him to stay.

I do think he deserves  an increase, but doubling his wages? Not for me.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 8, 2017, 04:18:01 pm »
I dont often recall Firmino starting from the bench in league games? Would deffo give Moreno a start though.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: March 8, 2017, 04:23:21 pm »
Given the wages certain players in the squad are on, 70k for Can is a no-brainer. He's obviously worth it.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: March 8, 2017, 04:24:07 pm »
Given the wages certain players in the squad are on, 70k for Can is a no-brainer. He's obviously worth it.

Agree to disagree I don't think he's done enough to double his wages.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 8, 2017, 04:25:48 pm »
70k is fuck all, you'd think he was asking for quarter of a mill a week the way some are going on. Would be daft to not sort this out given we are short there anyway!

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 8, 2017, 04:27:01 pm »
On Can, I don't think I can see him improving enough to become a starter here, but he can be useful as a squad player. We're not in a great position to be selling too many players - I'd say give him 50k. Don't see what he's done to double his current earnings. There might be a possibility for Grujic to step up next season anyway

I dont often recall Firmino starting from the bench in league games? Would deffo give Moreno a start though.
Moreno wont start but this might be one of the only games where I wouldn't be against him starting. If he can't handle the attacking prowess of Burnley's right side then there truly is no hope
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 8, 2017, 04:28:10 pm »
It's nothing to do with whether he's done enough to double his wages. It's more the fact that someone like James Milner is on £150k for playing left back and Lucas Leiva is on £80k for being a midfielder who can't get into midfield. Thinking that Can doesn't justify 70k is absolutely laughable.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 8, 2017, 04:29:34 pm »
It's nothing to do with whether he's done enough to double his wages. It's more the fact that someone like James Milner is on £150k for playing left back and Lucas Leiva is on £80k for being a midfielder who can't get into midfield. Thinking that Can doesn't justify 70k is absolutely laughable.

Milner is doing a fantastic job at left back starting every game this season. Lucas has been here 10 years and is on 80k. Can hasn't been here 3 years yet and still isn't a starter and wants 70k. Not for me.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: March 8, 2017, 04:30:14 pm »

Is there a doubt over Milner or just prefer Moreno ?  I definitely wouldn't play Moreno if Milner is fit. For me Milner is a better defender, better attacker and takes a decent set piece. Play the better player for me.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 8, 2017, 04:31:33 pm »
Milner is doing a fantastic job at left back starting every game this season. Lucas has been here 10 years and is on 80k. Can hasn't been here 3 years yet and still isn't a starter and wants 70k. Not for me.

my sentiments exactly

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: March 8, 2017, 04:32:51 pm »
It's a little generous to say that Milner's a fantastic job at left back and even if he was, left backs don't get 150k.

And Can usually starts when fit. He was even starting when Klopp admitted he was carrying an injury. 70k is very reasonable.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 8, 2017, 04:34:16 pm »
It's a little generous to say that Milner's a fantastic job at left back and even if he was, left backs don't get 150k.

And Can usually starts when fit. He was even starting when Klopp admitted he was carrying an injury. 70k is very reasonable.

You don't think Milner is doing a great job at left back? Since when don't left backs get 150k? He's an important cog in the team.

Can doesn't usually start when fit, he starts when Henderson or Gini aren't fit.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #52 on: March 8, 2017, 04:34:49 pm »
He's played in over 80% of our league games this season, he's made a big contribution.

Considering our lack of options and our record in the transfer market, why risk losing a good squad player in favour of a new signing.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: March 8, 2017, 04:35:57 pm »
He's played in over 80% of our league games this season, he's made a big contribution.

Considering our lack of options and our record in the transfer market, why risk losing a good squad player in favour of a new signing.

We played 27 premier league games this season and he's started 19? Mainly because Henderson has been injured.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2017, 04:37:52 pm by Chakan »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #54 on: March 8, 2017, 04:37:27 pm »
We played 27 premier league games this season and he's played 14?
Started 15 substituted on in 6.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #55 on: March 8, 2017, 04:37:37 pm »

Certainly not based on this season's performance. Gotta show on the pitch you are worth the wage increase, can't be asking for a raise just based on potential. I feel a lot of it depends on how he performs rest of the season. Couple good halves (Chesea and Utd 2nd half) and a good game against Arsenal this season is not enough to warrant doubling your wages. Highly doubt any team in Germany would agree to his wage demands. Maybe a smaller club at PL might.

Still, I hope we can agree on a new deal with him. He will be vital for Europa/CL next season. Feel he is more suited for European footy as compared to PL.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 8, 2017, 04:38:00 pm »
You don't think Milner is doing a great job at left back? Since when don't left backs get 150k? He's an important cog in the team.

Can doesn't usually start when fit, he starts when Henderson or Gini aren't fit.
No I don't think Milner's doing a great job at left back. He's doing an admirable job in a position that's not his own but he's very easily upgradeable.

Name some left backs who get 150k or more.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: March 8, 2017, 04:38:38 pm »
Started 15 substituted on in 6.

I'd be curious to see how many games Henderson/Gini were injured in those starts.

Anyway I don't want to turn this into a Emre Can thread. It's my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2017, 04:40:46 pm by Chakan »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #58 on: March 8, 2017, 04:42:46 pm »
I'd be curious to see how many games Henderson/Gini were injured in those starts.
Why does that matter? Even if he's back-up to those players, the amount of games he's played shows how often he's been needed. Henderson has missed more games than Sturridge since August 2015 so we need quality back-up. As I said, considering the lack of options in midfield why lose a good player. 

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 8, 2017, 04:44:07 pm »
Why not get another player who is better than Can then?

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: March 8, 2017, 04:45:34 pm »

Because worse players cost 89 million quid  ;)

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 8, 2017, 04:46:08 pm »
Or why not pay a valuable squad member a fairly reasonable wage?

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 8, 2017, 04:46:54 pm »
It's nothing to do with whether he's done enough to double his wages. It's more the fact that someone like James Milner is on £150k for playing left back and Lucas Leiva is on £80k for being a midfielder who can't get into midfield.

Absolutely preposterous. How is Lucas still at the club, let alone being one of the higher earners in beyond me. But that is a topic for discussion elsewhere.

On Can, we absolutely should pay him on appearances alone. He's talented and despite the dubious season, has time on his side to keep improving. I'm guessing we'll pay him on par with other regulars at the club, which is what he's demanding anyway.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: March 8, 2017, 04:47:11 pm »
Or why not pay a valuable squad member a fairly reasonable wage?

why reward someone with more money when hes been poor all season???

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: March 8, 2017, 04:49:16 pm »

He hasn't been poor all season, he's had plenty of good games though strangely they always get ignored on here.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #65 on: March 8, 2017, 04:51:07 pm »
Because Can is a perfectly acceptable back-up option and we don't have to pay a transfer fee for him.

Considering the holes in our squad I'd rather we concentrate on spending our time and budget on those positions rather than finding a back-up midfielder. 

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: March 8, 2017, 04:52:02 pm »
Is there a doubt over Milner or just prefer Moreno ?  I definitely wouldn't play Moreno if Milner is fit. For me Milner is a better defender, better attacker and takes a decent set piece. Play the better player for me.
Just think if Moreno is to stay beyond this summer, this is kind of games he should play. Naturally left footed player.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #67 on: March 8, 2017, 04:52:04 pm »
It was not his fault he was used in a wrong position. Last two games in his best position he showed his quality and would give us a very good depth at no.6 position going forward.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: March 8, 2017, 04:52:40 pm »

Again, check Lucas.

If what Can is demanding is on par with what our regulars get, its not really irrational on his end to do so and on our end to grant him. Plus he has been poor post December. Was alright for a lot of games when played as a 6.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: March 8, 2017, 04:53:27 pm »
Can was ahead of Gini until recently. Dont know where this back up talk is from.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: March 8, 2017, 04:53:51 pm »
He hasn't been poor all season. For most of the time that he has been poor, he's been carrying an injury. And despite having the option to take him out (and play Lallana in his preferred midfield position) Klopp still started Can.

He was one of the first names on the team sheet last season and when he hasn't been injured or just coming back from injury, he's played in most of the games this season. 70k is common sense given what other players in the squad are on.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: March 8, 2017, 04:54:30 pm »
Just think if Moreno is to stay beyond this summer, this is kind of games he should play. Naturally left footed player.

Well yeah that is true, It should be the type of game we could rotate a bit, but the less said about our record in those types of gamest the better  :)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: March 8, 2017, 04:55:03 pm »
Moreno wont start but this might be one of the only games where I wouldn't be against him starting. If he can't handle the attacking prowess of Burnley's right side then there truly is no hope
Agreed not that we need to rest players but we should give him a start imo.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #73 on: March 8, 2017, 04:55:28 pm »
Absolutely preposterous. How is Lucas still at the club, let alone being one of the higher earners in beyond me. But that is a topic for discussion elsewhere.

On Can, we absolutely should pay him on appearances alone. He's talented and despite the dubious season, has time on his side to keep improving. I'm guessing we'll pay him on par with other regulars at the club, which is what he's demanding anyway.

I believe tenure plays a big part in what you earn.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 8, 2017, 04:55:32 pm »
Nice write up Titi. Love that pic on your OP.  Obviously not taken 10 minutes either side of HT. (yeah I know, kopites are gobshites :))

Big question for me is whether Klaven keeps his place or not presuming Lovren is raring to go.  I reckon Jurgen will go with Divok off the bench again.

Offline rkgriffin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #75 on: March 8, 2017, 04:59:21 pm »
I just hope in this game if we get a free kick 30-40 yards out please dump it in the box and maybe we get lucky with Matip, Lovren or an own goal off someone's ass.  I just hate it when we take a short sideways free kick to get the ball rolling against two banks of four (or more). 

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: March 8, 2017, 05:02:44 pm »
people are deluded wanting Moreno to start, his a liability, the Wolves 2nd goal he was comical trying to get back and tackle and there is a reason Klopp plays a midfielder at left back all season
in fact Milner was excellent against Arsenal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: March 8, 2017, 05:05:00 pm »
Because Can is a perfectly acceptable back-up option and we don't have to pay a transfer fee for him.

Considering the holes in our squad I'd rather we concentrate on spending our time and budget on those positions rather than finding a back-up midfielder.

Its not a case of back up, its a case of being a good fit a good player, we need to improve. Hendo,Gini,Lallana, if there is a player who is better,we should bring them in. and upgrade if possible. To me Can hasnt shown anything this season to warrant doubling his money.

Lucas has been at the club for 10 years, under 5 different managers now. Theyve all kept him for one reason or another. Lucas wasnt on 80k, his 3rd season in at the club, this is probably after he signed his last contract.

If Can performs,he shouls get his money, if not he should prove his worth.

Can has been played when Henderson has been injured or Gini has been injured,  hes had a handfull of good games, which is inconsistency at its finest.

Whether hes playing as a six or somewhere else in midfiels, that doestn excusw for poor decisions on the ball.

Prove your worth and get your money, otherwise no. Fight for your damn place,show something worth you being awarded.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #78 on: March 8, 2017, 05:08:30 pm »
Its not a case of back up, its a case of being a good fit a good player, we need to improve. Hendo,Gini,Lallana, if there is a player who is better,we should bring them in. and upgrade if possible. To me Can hasnt shown anything this season to warrant doubling his money.

Lucas has been at the club for 10 years, under 5 different managers now. Theyve all kept him for one reason or another. Lucas wasnt on 80k, his 3rd season in at the club, this is probably after he signed his last contract.

If Can performs,he shouls get his money, if not he should prove his worth.

Can has been played when Henderson has been injured or Gini has been injured,  hes had a handfull of good games, which is inconsistency at its finest.

Whether hes playing as a six or somewhere else in midfiels, that doestn excusw for poor decisions on the ball.

Prove your worth and get your money, otherwise no. Fight for your damn place,show something worth you being awarded.
So do you reckon Klopp thinks Can hasn't performed and doesn't want to keep him? Or should your opinion matter more?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: March 8, 2017, 05:15:41 pm »
So do you reckon Klopp thinks Can hasn't performed and doesn't want to keep him? Or should your opinion matter more?

When the fuck did I say that my opinion should be valued more than Klopps?? You do realize this is a forum. we're discussing opinions and viewpoints on different matters? Did I suggest that my opinion matters or that it matters more than Klopp? Did I suggest that Klopp doesnt think he hasnt performed?

Did I suggest that I think Klopp will sell him?? All I said was what I THOUGHT, not what Klopp thinks or what he should think.

You have an opinion, I do as well, as do others, but dont fucking put words in my mouth. What on earth are you on about?

Jesus fucking Chrst
« Last Edit: March 8, 2017, 05:17:19 pm by deFacto »