Author Topic: Pre Match Thread - Liverpool vs. Burnley - Sun 12th Mar - 16:00  (Read 57105 times)

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Pre Match Thread - Liverpool vs. Burnley - Sun 12th Mar - 16:00
« Reply #80 on: March 8, 2017, 06:14:04 pm »
Can can want whatever he wants. Klopp's team will know what he is worth for us. I really doubt we will let him run the contract down here. No matter his recent dip in form, he is a talented player, a natural leader who just recently turned 23. We can add to our midfield without getting rid of anyone if we qualify for CL next year. Highly likely Can signs a new contract soon.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #81 on: March 8, 2017, 06:15:41 pm »
Where's the fucking Chumbawamba joke Nick! It's not fucking good enough! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry mate. Made a mental note to include one but the Amnesia kicked in.

A joke featuring a second song from an ultimate one hit wonder band. Come on!

Offline KopSound

• Main Stander
« Reply #82 on: March 8, 2017, 06:16:52 pm »
We should be coming out of this with 3 points and two drops of sweat, however the past few months have shown that's never quite the case for us. Be very hard to stomach dropping points to Burnley after doing Arsenal like we did.
Liverpool FC - Sounders FC

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #83 on: March 8, 2017, 06:23:21 pm »
When the fuck did I say that my opinion should be valued more than Klopps?? You do realize this is a forum. we're discussing opinions and viewpoints on different matters? Did I suggest that my opinion matters or that it matters more than Klopp? Did I suggest that Klopp doesnt think he hasnt performed?

Did I suggest that I think Klopp will sell him?? All I said was what I THOUGHT, not what Klopp thinks or what he should think.

You have an opinion, I do as well, as do others, but dont fucking put words in my mouth. What on earth are you on about?

Jesus fucking Chrst
You said if Can performs he should get his money, well Klopp clearly thinks he has performed and wants him as part of this squad on-going, surely we should want that too rather than having the paper thin squad we have now where Klopp doesn't trust half the players?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: March 8, 2017, 06:30:12 pm »
Isn't the Can stuff just coming from Maddock? Don't really think it's worth worrying about until someone more reliable confirms it.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #85 on: March 8, 2017, 06:31:37 pm »
I really hope we don't go in to this with the same approach we've gone in to with other teams who just sit back. They are firmly going to park the bus. They're usually defensively well organised, especially at home. It will be a much harder game than Arsenal in my opinion, and they'll look to nick something off a corner or free kick. If our defence is not at the races we will most likely get beat or draw.
YWNA

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: March 8, 2017, 06:47:03 pm »
Burnley haven't won a game away from home all season in the league. It would be just like us to hand them their first one. I hope not. I work with a load of dingles and they've already been spouting off, tellin me how they're going to do the double over us. I'll never hear the end of it if they win. There will be high sixes on the streets of Burnley if they do.

Please Liverpool, make sure you win this one.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2017, 06:48:50 pm by Lycan »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative, A smile would crack your face.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #87 on: March 8, 2017, 06:48:47 pm »
We can't fuck this up.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #88 on: March 8, 2017, 06:57:25 pm »
It's nothing to do with whether he's done enough to double his wages. It's more the fact that someone like James Milner is on £150k for playing left back and Lucas Leiva is on £80k for being a midfielder who can't get into midfield. Thinking that Can doesn't justify 70k is absolutely laughable.

"We're paying stupid, over the top wages for players x and y, so we should be okay to pay over the top wages for player z"

:-X
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #89 on: March 8, 2017, 06:57:52 pm »
Nice write up Titi. Love that pic on your OP.  Obviously not taken 10 minutes either side of HT. (yeah I know, kopites are gobshites :))
Cheers Pete, not done one properly in a while so thought I better chip in! Tis indeed a belting pic...beyond that...no comment ;D ;D ;D
Sorry mate. Made a mental note to include one but the Amnesia kicked in.

A joke featuring a second song from an ultimate one hit wonder band. Come on!
Quality not quantity, I'll take it ;) ;D 8) :wave
We can't fuck this up.
You say that..... ::) :lickin ;D :wave

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: March 8, 2017, 06:59:28 pm »
Frankly, Can's wages, or perceived lack of them, have got fuck all to do with this thread. Cheers :wave

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: March 8, 2017, 07:00:01 pm »
"We're paying stupid, over the top wages for players x and y, so we should be okay to pay over the top reasonable wages for player z"

:-X
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: March 8, 2017, 07:09:37 pm »
people are deluded wanting Moreno to start, his a liability, the Wolves 2nd goal he was comical trying to get back and tackle and there is a reason Klopp plays a midfielder at left back all season
in fact Milner was excellent against Arsenal

This.  I don't get the sudden need for Moreno to start.  Other than his pace, which probably won't be effective against Burnley's 2 deep banks of 4, Milner is better at every aspect of the game.  This game is must win, no time taking such unnecessary risks.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: March 8, 2017, 07:34:14 pm »
Burnley will try and play on the current 'they beat good sides and lose to shit ones' trend. We need to score early again - against Spurs and Arsenal we scored within the first 20 minutes and there wasn't really many spells after that where you feared we wouldn't win.

I'd be happy to see the same team that beat Arsenal. 3 points are essential. We need to win all our home games now to finish top 4 IMO.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #94 on: March 8, 2017, 07:40:20 pm »
This.  I don't get the sudden need for Moreno to start.  Other than his pace, which probably won't be effective against Burnley's 2 deep banks of 4, Milner is better at every aspect of the game.  This game is must win, no time taking such unnecessary risks.

Morenos a better attacking left full back than Milner agaisnt poor teams
Oh and the idea that pace isn't important agaisnt teams sitting deep is wrong - the speed you execute at is important , you create space and chances through speed of movement and action. After a good start Milner's actually been really poor against the lesser teams lately - he's rarely penetrated or overlapped and constantly reverts to cutting inside and lofting it into the box, it's not been great.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #95 on: March 8, 2017, 07:47:17 pm »
Oh and the idea that pace isn't important agaisnt teams sitting deep is wrong - the speed you execute at is important , you create space and chances through speed of movement and action. After a good start Milner's actually been really poor against the lesser teams lately - he's rarely penetrated or overlapped and constantly reverts to cutting inside and lofting it into the box, it's not been great.
Agree with Moreno against the smaller sides, Jack.
He puts in a lot of crosses as well. Not all top class, but enough to get a few shots off. Moreno's also younger and can maintain his pace, sprints and energy for longer.

Besides, Milner will run himself into the ground without rotation and this already happened.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #96 on: March 8, 2017, 07:48:44 pm »
Agree with Moreno against the smaller sides, Jack.
He puts in a lot of crosses as well. Not all top class, but enough to get a few shots off. Moreno's also younger and can maintain his pace, sprints and energy for longer.

Besides, Milner will run himself into the ground without rotation and this is already happened.
Who's he going to cross to?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: March 8, 2017, 08:00:09 pm »

You're right, Milner hasn't been great lately, but I don't think Moreno is the answer.  I don't think he's really been a good attacking full back since he's been here, what has he shown to prove that?  Then with him being a defensive liability, I don't think it's worth the risk personally.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: March 8, 2017, 08:22:47 pm »
I think the reason Moreno's being mentioned is move to do with the opposition..

...away from home they've only scored 8 goals in 13 matches, converting those goals into 2 draws and a measly 2 points!

The argument would be, against opposition of this ilk we should be as attack minded as possible, if he can't be trusted in that sort of a game, against an attack that insipid then we may as well say adios!

I would compare Milner's attacking figures to show the differential going forward but they'll all be skewed by Milner's penalty numbers.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: March 8, 2017, 11:08:27 pm »
They have a terrible away record but they have done decently at the bigger grounds. 2-1 losses at City, Spurs and Arsenal and they were very unlucky to lose against Spurs and Arsenal. They also got a 0-0 at Utd although they were a bit lucky to get away with a point in that game.

It won't be easy but we have to win this game.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: March 8, 2017, 11:11:34 pm »
We should win this game and I think we will. It'll probably be a tight game but I am confident.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: March 8, 2017, 11:17:16 pm »

He got his chance against Plymouth and Wolves and failed miserable

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: March 8, 2017, 11:21:30 pm »
Clyne at lb and Trent at rb could work. As good as they are at home they are awful away, we need the right attitude and im sure Klopp and the Kop will be expecting the lads to be well up for this.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #103 on: March 8, 2017, 11:41:59 pm »
Getting a bit annoying this how do we break down the bus Parkers as if it's something newly introduced into football.

About time the players on the pitch took some responsibility and reacted accordingly to what they are facing.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: March 9, 2017, 12:00:39 am »
He got his chance against Plymouth and Wolves and failed miserable

Yep, people forget these performances.  It seems the longer a player's out of the side, the better a player they become.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #105 on: March 9, 2017, 12:28:15 am »
Yep, people forget these performances.  It seems the longer a player's out of the side, the better a player they become.

Judging him on his performances going forward since he came to the club. Everyone knows his limitations but he's always been effective going forward
Fact is we have a specific problem with our full backs against poor bus parking teams and we should try something different - Moreno's probably the best option
Watching Clyne and Milner constantly loft the ball in the box against this kind of team is mind numbing.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2017, 12:36:11 am by JackWard33 »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: March 9, 2017, 12:33:11 am »
I hope we are truly prepared for this time around and improve on the displays we've had against similar sides before. Not getting my hopes up, but come on reds.

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #107 on: March 9, 2017, 01:43:00 am »
Wouldn't mind seeing us do something a bit different in this, and against some of the smaller sides at home. Against a team who park the bus and put 11 men behind the ball it's esstential to make the pitch as wide as possible, to stretch the backline.

Lovren            Matip          Klavan

Clyne                 Henderson         Wijnaldum                Moreno

Mane               Firmino        Coutinho

Give Lallan and Milner a break. Overload them in wide areas. 3 centre defenders should be fine to cope with everything they have on the counter.

Milner , cuts inside.
Clyne, cuts inside

At least by having Moreno on that side he gives us width.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #108 on: March 9, 2017, 04:20:29 am »
This game is all about utilizing set pieces correctly. Were not drawing many fouls close to the box, and we aren't capitalizing on our many corners. We have some decent set piece takers, we just need to capitalize on them.
Seen us win everything

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: March 9, 2017, 04:53:30 am »
Burley has the worst away record in the league, we surely can't mess up with this one right?
Believer

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #110 on: March 9, 2017, 05:55:28 am »
Very important time in the season. Win this and build momentum or drop points and fold..

We must smash them . We should come at them like a train from the word go. If we score early we win. The longer it goes without us scoring they'll get stronger. If we score early its curtains for us. They'll defend like a pack of dogs.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: March 9, 2017, 06:11:22 am »
Got to start fast and aggressively. Don't give them time to find their shape and get organised at the back.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: March 9, 2017, 06:14:12 am »
We may wanna try another approach to teams which sit back and tend to out-physique us.

Mig
       Clyne     Matip    Loven   Moreno
                  Milner  Lallana    Gini
               Mane     Origi    Coutinho

- Maybe going with a more physical and direct striker like origin might benefit us against teams that sit back. And I was pretty impressed with Origi's aerial game when he came on against arsenal. So we do have more options with him on the team.
- Moreno on the wings. Adds pace and directness to our left wing.
- Milner doing the hendo role.

Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #113 on: March 9, 2017, 06:16:38 am »
We may wanna try another approach to teams which sit back and tend to out-physique us.

Mig
       Clyne     Matip    Loven   Moreno
                  Milner  Lallana    Gini
               Mane     Origi    Coutinho

- Maybe going with a more physical and direct striker like origin might benefit us against teams that sit back. And I was pretty impressed with Origi's aerial game when he came on against arsenal. So we do have more options with him on the team.
- Moreno on the wings. Adds pace and directness to our left wing.
- Milner doing the hendo role.
Firmino is one of the first on the team sheet. He wont be dropped.
Seen us win everything

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: March 9, 2017, 07:02:21 am »
Firmino is one of the first on the team sheet. He wont be dropped.
I understand...but he is being less relevant when teams park the bus.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
Pre Match Thread - Liverpool vs. Burnley - Sun 12th Mar - 16:00
« Reply #115 on: March 9, 2017, 07:21:39 am »
We conceded so many goals against teams like Burnley so I really find it amazing how many are calling for Moreno to start and stuff like we wont do much defending.. we need to be at our best defensively and Moreno is a terrible defender..
« Last Edit: March 9, 2017, 07:26:06 am by kingz »

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: March 9, 2017, 07:28:08 am »
If we put out the same team we did against Arsenal there's a very good chance they'll drop points, because it is what they have done against the 'small' teams for the past 3 months. Yes, they were excellent against Arsenal, but Burnley aren't going to play like Arsenal did.

We've seen that same team falter against the Burnley's of this world too much recently, I'd definitely throw at least one change in there (Origi). Doesn't necessarily mean that Firmino has to be dropped. We had 80% possession against them at Turf Moor so it's fair to suggest it'll be roughly around the same amount at Anfield, a CM can be sacrificed. 

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #117 on: March 9, 2017, 07:55:36 am »
Going to this with my dad as me and my brother (who's a blue) got him the Hilton package for his 70th birthday. He's a massive red but way to tight to pay 250quid for a ticket lol. I really hope we break this habit of being lacklustre against the smaller clubs, I'm wearing my lucky Liverpool pants so we should do OK :)
I've not been since I saw us against united about 12 years ago so I'm looking forward to this
« Last Edit: March 9, 2017, 08:08:02 am by pezzzer »
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: March 9, 2017, 08:23:40 am »

To be fair, he wasn't playing with first-choice forwards or mids against Plymouth and Wolves; maybe with the likes of Bobby and Mane to aim for he will be more effective going forward.

Having said that, we have pretty much stuck with the same personnel and formation all season so I can't see it changing on Sunday. One argument against Moreno is that we'll need a team that's strong in the air as Burnley will look to set pieces as their best bet (assuming our defenders don't hand the ball to them on a platter like they did at Turf Moor). Hopefully Lovren is back for this reason, Origi could be considered, and Can will keep his place.

One slice of encouragement for those fearing these kind of fixtures as our Achilles heel is that we didn't have Mane in the line-up for the Burnley trip, so hopefully his pace and willingness to take on the defender will make it harder for them to absorb 80% possession and zero threat.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #119 on: March 9, 2017, 08:48:56 am »
Nice OP.

I woke up during the middle of the night over this one. I'd just dreamt that Jurgen had put out a team that just sat back in an effort to confuse the bus parkers and we ended up aimlessly kicking the ball to each other for twenty minutes in our own half, trying to goad them but Burnley didn't really know what to do and they didn't break ranks. The crowd was booing but we continued, refusing to come out of our half, while they were too scared to come out of theirs. Maybe I'd already had the dream and that bit was all about getting back to sleep, when counting sheep would have been easier.

We need to do something different because as countless people have stated, they'll have looked at how others have successfully played us and copy because we've yet to find a solution. What would happen if we just sat back for twenty minutes and put the onus on them?