Author Topic: Pre Match Thread - Liverpool vs. Burnley - Sun 12th Mar - 16:00  (Read 57101 times)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: Pre Match Thread - Liverpool vs. Burnley - Sun 12th Mar - 16:00
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2017, 12:44:30 pm »
Could work in our favour if Divock gets a go upfront

lol good one

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: March 10, 2017, 12:50:33 pm »

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2017, 12:54:25 pm »
Could work in our favour if Divock gets a go upfront
I've got no issue with playing an actual out-and-out striker, Firmino hasn't offered enough in these types of games.

I just hope Origi gets in the box between the goal posts more where he could be dangerous. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2017, 01:04:44 pm »
Dyche is a total blert. Absolutely full of himself, if you've ever listened to him for a prolonged period you soon come to realise he's not the down to earth, working mans hero he'd like you to think he is. I used to think he was sound but he's got such an inflated opinion of himself, he's got THE worst sense of humor and regularly passes it off by saying 'people don't get my dry humor', it's not that Shaun, you're just a dick.

And he cultivates a ginger goatee and shaped pointy sideburns. Prick.

I'll qualify that by saying that he clearly knows how to get a group of fairly average players playing for each other. But off the pitch, twat.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2017, 01:13:21 pm »

Moreno's crosses can be poor choices, but they are lower and harder. And instead of a penalty taker we'd finally have a left-footer taking corners and free kicks when that is preferable. Is Milner a threat to score from open play? Moreno is much more a threat.

Sorry, but I've seen enough Moreno free kicks for me not to want him anywhere near them in the near future, let alone corners. 
Firmino hasn't trained all week, so I'd imagine Origi may get a chance here.  Would be interesting to see how we do with a genuine striker, against a team that'll come and put everyone behind the ball.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2017, 01:22:04 pm »
Not to mention that a majority of the time he does use his pace to get back, it results in wreckless tackles from the wrong side using the wrong foot.

Reading that post anyone would think Moreno was the love child of Maldini and Roberto Carlos.

That 2nd line literally made me laugh out loud. I don't think I was that glowing about him. Just trying to be the loyal opposition. :)

Playing Milner and Clyne down the wings has not been successful against these types of teams. They are both consistently 6-7 out of 10. Milner has slowed down over the season plus he gets frustrated (fatigue?) and runs out of ideas late in the match. Klopp has yanked him late in matches recently too.

I just feel it is worth trying Moreno against this particular opposition. A bit of a wild card, but we are consistently doing the same thing against these sides and getting consistently bad results.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2017, 01:22:43 pm »
lol good one

What? Firmino hasn't exactly been good in these types of games recently apart from his double against Swansea.

Origi might actually get his head on the many crosses we resort to against teams that park the bus.

Not sure what's so funny about what I said?

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2017, 01:23:42 pm »
I've got no issue with playing an actual out-and-out striker, Firmino hasn't offered enough in these types of games.

I just hope Origi gets in the box between the goal posts more where he could be dangerous.

Exactly, not sure why it seemed to be a funny statement

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: March 10, 2017, 01:29:18 pm »
Origi may well work. But for that to happen he needs to get himself in positions that can actually hurt the opposition. Like getting himself in the penalty box, in front of the goal, as often as possible.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: March 10, 2017, 01:32:45 pm »
After the loss to Burnley, Dyche made a couple of wry comments about Klopp's tactics, or perceived lack of them.
he's right though. Ok, he couldn't dominate possession in a game with Burnley to save his life, but the other stuff is right
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: March 10, 2017, 01:40:04 pm »
lol good one
Bit harsh. Firmino hasn't exactly been looking unstoppable against the weaker teams in the league and we have a pretty bad habit of crossing it into the box any chance we get rather than playing patient football against teams that sit back and play narrow against us.. it's not that much of a leap to suggest that in light of that having Origi up top could work in our favour.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: March 10, 2017, 01:44:48 pm »
 Dyche added: “ Antonio Conte came in at Chelsea and he got commended for bringing a hard, fast, new leadership, which involved doing 800m runs, 400m runs and 200m runs.

“Come to my training and see Sean Dyche doing that and you’d say, 'Dinosaur. A young, English, dinosaur manager. Hasn’t got a clue’.

“I just saw Gael Clichy talking about the diet that Pep has brought in — he’s stopped pizza . He was talking about how this new diet was amazing, saying we don’t eat junk food.

“We’ve been doing that since I got here. I did it at Watford. So are other English managers. Because I’m Sean Dyche, you wouldn’t be interested. It’s ‘Go on Pep, tell us about your pizzas!’

“They questioned for me playing a 4-4-2 and then everyone played it last year and it was ‘Amazing Ranieri! Amazing! Tactical genius!’

“Klopp came in and played sort of a 4-4-2 and ‘let’s run really hard and press’. People thought it was incredible. Wasn’t Sean Dyche doing that three years ago when he got here?

He's a c*nt, a bitter little Englander, how anyone thinks otherwise is beyond me.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: March 10, 2017, 01:46:38 pm »
Dyche added: “ Antonio Conte came in at Chelsea and he got commended for bringing a hard, fast, new leadership, which involved doing 800m runs, 400m runs and 200m runs.

“Come to my training and see Sean Dyche doing that and you’d say, 'Dinosaur. A young, English, dinosaur manager. Hasn’t got a clue’.

“I just saw Gael Clichy talking about the diet that Pep has brought in — he’s stopped pizza . He was talking about how this new diet was amazing, saying we don’t eat junk food.

“We’ve been doing that since I got here. I did it at Watford. So are other English managers. Because I’m Sean Dyche, you wouldn’t be interested. It’s ‘Go on Pep, tell us about your pizzas!’

“They questioned for me playing a 4-4-2 and then everyone played it last year and it was ‘Amazing Ranieri! Amazing! Tactical genius!’

“Klopp came in and played sort of a 4-4-2 and ‘let’s run really hard and press’. People thought it was incredible. Wasn’t Sean Dyche doing that three years ago when he got here?

He's a c*nt, a bitter little Englander, how anyone thinks otherwise is beyond me.

Those quotes can't be real surely?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #213 on: March 10, 2017, 01:47:27 pm »
Baffling how Barcelona haven't snapped up Dyche really. I mean it's honestly the most confusing thing in football these days.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2017, 01:50:32 pm »

Yeah he absolutely is, he's like Nigel Pearson. You can guarantee if the hard shoulder shitter was still around this bloke would have his nose constantly halfway up the pipe, smelling what various toilet cleaning products the old tramp had been swigging. The old 'I don't get a good job cos I'm English'.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2017, 01:50:44 pm »

I forgot that, absolutely loves talking about himself in the third person.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2017, 01:52:26 pm »
What? Firmino hasn't exactly been good in these types of games recently apart from his double against Swansea.

Origi might actually get his head on the many crosses we resort to against teams that park the bus.

Not sure what's so funny about what I said?

Firmino's a better player and a FAR better player in our particular system. That's why he's constantly picked over Origi. There's no way in which this 'works out in our favour'
It sucks - this team cannot handle injuries to its first choice players

We can probably get away with it against Burnley but with City round the corner we need out players fit.
And if things don't go well against Burnley it gives us zero useful changes off the bench so lets not pretend this isn't a bad thing if it transpires he's going to miss games.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2017, 01:53:35 pm »
he's right though. Ok, he couldn't dominate possession in a game with Burnley to save his life, but the other stuff is right

he and his side have been ridiculously lucky this season as they were in their home game against us
he's the classic bitter English coach who thinks they could do better than all these foreigners if they just got the chance .. its tedious

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2017, 01:55:26 pm »
I think the point is Firmino hasn't been doing so well recently against these low block sides. Maybe, just maybe, having a more physical and direct forward playing on Sunday will work out well for us.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2017, 02:00:48 pm »
he and his side have been ridiculously lucky this season as they were in their home game against us

They weren't so lucky against Arsenal, home and away.

I wouldn't say they were lucky against us either. We had 5 shots on target that day. All from distance. None of them troubled Heaton. They had 2 and scored both of them. Bad defending and not knowing what to do with the ball when we got close to their penalty box cost us points that day. Not luck.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2017, 02:02:47 pm »
I think the point is Firmino hasn't been doing so well recently against these low block sides. Maybe, just maybe, having a more physical and direct forward playing on Sunday will work out well for us.

Exactly.  Firmino being injured is never a good thing, but the suggestion that Origi may be more effective in such a game is a reasonable suggestion, which certainly doesn't deserve being sniggered at.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2017, 02:05:04 pm »
We have to capitalise on last weekend's excellent performance and result! Come on Redmen :scarf
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2017, 02:13:48 pm »

Exactly. Firmino is one of my favourite players but hasn't done much against park the bus teams the last few months. I didn't say him being injured will work in our favour in games after this, but against Burnley it could. Surely you can understand this Jack?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2017, 02:22:10 pm »
he's the classic bitter English coach who thinks they could do better than all these foreigners if they just got the chance .. its tedious

Tell you what's also tedious mate, stats bores constantly calling clubs punching above their weight "lucky"

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #225 on: March 10, 2017, 02:27:26 pm »
So sounds like Milner at left back, Klavan will continue to deputise for Lovren and Origi in place of the injured Bobby F.

So just the one change from the Arsenal game. Think we'll smash this!

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2017, 02:30:21 pm »
So just the one change from the Arsenal game. Think we'll smash this!

I think so as well mate. Or should I say I certainly hope so. I work with a load of dingles and Monday morning won't be pleasant for me if we don't.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #227 on: March 10, 2017, 02:33:16 pm »
Will Origi be a straight swap for Firmino?

Would seem to make sense to play a little differently as they don't really play the same way. Rotating around with Mane & Coutinho is fine, but Origi coming short and playing deeper wouldn't seem a strength.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2017, 03:52:00 pm »
And the defending bit. He does that better. Let's not forget that part too.

I'm reticent to give credit to any aspect of our defence this season, a defence Milner has been a mainstay in. We're on track to concede around 45 goals this season. Maybe he is a better defender, but as far as I'm concerned it's not significant enough to make a big difference.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: March 10, 2017, 03:54:04 pm »
Tell you what's also tedious mate, stats bores constantly calling clubs punching above their weight "lucky"

Okay. doesn't make it untrue though

to be clear - don't think they've been terrible or the worst in the league or anything like that.. but they ran exceptionally well for the first half of the season
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 03:59:35 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: March 10, 2017, 03:55:20 pm »
Will Origi be a straight swap for Firmino?

Would seem to make sense to play a little differently as they don't really play the same way. Rotating around with Mane & Coutinho is fine, but Origi coming short and playing deeper wouldn't seem a strength.

Honestly I'd love him to do something bold and play Mane at the 9 and bring Woodburn into the team.
You'd still have Origi to come on if we needed to give them a different look and change it but this way we'd find it easier to keep our shape and way of playing
Don't think it'll happen for a moment but it would be great to see

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: March 10, 2017, 04:04:18 pm »
Origi offers a bit more pace up top to concern the Burnley defence. Having said that they will say 10 yards from their goal so it may not be that helpful.

Origi and Mane do have genuine pace though which is what has been missing during our dire and dour pedestrian recent performances.

I hope Divock takes his chance in the team and bags a few.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #232 on: March 10, 2017, 04:07:45 pm »
Origi is the obvious choice. His cameo against Arsenal was good and he's a physical option up top. If we run out of ideas like we can do against sides like Burnley then there is always the chance he gets on the end of one of our aimless crosses (and I'm not taking the piss when I say that).

I hope he starts and gets a goal, because a fit and firing Origi as an option for the last 10 games or so will really help us.

Offline Islander

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #233 on: March 10, 2017, 04:20:50 pm »
I don’t really see much of a problem for Sunday.

The only small teams we’ve dropped points against at Anfield in the Premier League is the defeat against Swansea and the draws against West Ham and Man Utd.

Add in that Burnley’s away record is horrendous, with their only two points coming at the Stadium of Light and the Theatre of Darkness. The Man Utd game was extremely pleasurable in that they battered Burnley and had about 235 shots to 1. Have to enjoy it when “one of those games” happens to that lot.

If you need a good omen, then I will be flying over to watch the match and have yet to see Liverpool lose.

However, if you want a bad omen, this is the 13th match I will have been to!

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: March 10, 2017, 04:29:50 pm »

He is right in what he says, the true power of Klopp, Pep and Co. is that they are respected, the Countinhos, Messis, Suarez etc. will bow to down to these men due to the fact that these managers have proved it and they cant question what is being asked of them as it has worked in the trophies etc. won.

Dyche going to Barca asking Messi to track back press etc. wouldnt probably go down to well especially after 1 or 2 dodgy results.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #235 on: March 10, 2017, 04:55:44 pm »
Cheers for the OP la..quality.

The only question with your predicted 11 is whether Klavan keeps his spot,he deserves to.
No Bob & Studge leaves us light up front,Origi has to step up for this & show what he is made of,will be a decent battle with Keane.
Another must win game,hit the channels & push the midfield up to support..shouldn't be tough but I'm sure it wil be.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 10, 2017, 05:28:57 pm »
He is right in what he says, the true power of Klopp, Pep and Co. is that they are respected, the Countinhos, Messis, Suarez etc. will bow to down to these men due to the fact that these managers have proved it and they cant question what is being asked of them as it has worked in the trophies etc. won.

Dyche going to Barca asking Messi to track back press etc. wouldnt probably go down to well especially after 1 or 2 dodgy results.
Tough shit? That's the pressure you get going in to a top club. Conte, Pep and Klopp weren't exactly highly decorated managers when they went to Juve, Barca and Dortmund.

Like saying the only reason Moyes failed was because he didn't have the players respect.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #237 on: March 10, 2017, 05:48:39 pm »
With Firmino being a doubt it will certainly be insteresting to see Young Divock (btw who's Origi?) rise up for the occasion. The boy did well when called upon earlier in the season and his desire is unquestionable. Hate to say that a match is a must-win, because every match is, but this one is the Wikipedia entry for "Must win match". Literally the game of our lives, like Redknapp would say.

Baffling how Barcelona haven't snapped up Dyche really. I mean it's honestly the most confusing thing in football these days.

what makes you think Barcelona and Sean Dyche should be mentioned in the same breath? Sean is too good for them.
The change is cast

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 10, 2017, 06:00:38 pm »
No Bob

Probably, but not 100% for sure yet. I still think we'll do even without him.

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #239 on: March 10, 2017, 06:07:23 pm »
Exactly, not sure why it seemed to be a funny statement
It wasn't a funny statement. Firmino may fit the 'system' better but against the lower teams that system hasn't really worked. It would be good to try something different and having a proper striker is a good start (although Origi still has a lot to prove).

I'd be gutted if Firmino isn't available against City but against the likes of Burnley, not too bothered.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."