Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3273388 times)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
Re: United - Get Interim - The Rangnik Years... (well, Months maybe)
« Reply #27320 on: November 26, 2021, 05:08:55 pm »
Seems we have some soiled trousers in here now that the german playing field has been leveled

You'll need to get some footballers first.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27321 on: November 26, 2021, 05:10:41 pm »
What's with the pants pissing in here? You'd swear they hired a young Bill Shankly instead of a 63-year old with no experience in English football, who has to deal with a group of lazy overrated useless fuckers from the start amid a fanbase with zero patience. Terrifying  ::)

spot on - they are too shit for anyone to sort out for years

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
Re: United - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - 2018-21: Good Night Sweet Prince
« Reply #27322 on: November 26, 2021, 05:16:13 pm »
Del, putting Ronaldo in the same sentence as “initiating the press” leads me to believe you are trying to be humourous.

I think he was and I think he succeeded

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27323 on: November 26, 2021, 05:21:12 pm »
Seems we have some soiled trousers in here now that the german playing field has been leveled

I didn’t realise Sir Alex was a member, but welcome.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27324 on: November 26, 2021, 05:23:12 pm »

Because you’ve employed a non-manager to be a manager ? His record has me shitting myself, either that or pissing myself laughing.  He is pretty good at a Europa league level though.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #27325 on: November 26, 2021, 05:25:12 pm »
Klopp’s mentor. Klopp’s inspiration. He taught Klopp everything he knows about counterpressing, bla, bla, bla. Amusing that they have to link Rangnick to Klopp as if to validate this move
Thomas Frank was this, not Ragnick….

Everyone seems to have forgotten this!

Ragnick will improve them, but let’s hope he doesn’t give them an accidental sense of direction.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27326 on: November 26, 2021, 05:26:24 pm »

Ragnick will improve them, but let’s hope he doesn’t give them an accidental sense of direction.

The Brentford manager? I doubt it!

Wolfgang wasn’t it?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27327 on: November 26, 2021, 05:27:57 pm »
Hmmm not so sure.

De Gea.  Line keeper, totally wrong for Ragnick’s game
Wan Bissaka shit.
Lindelof bang average
Maguire :lmao
Shaw fat, can’t press.
Mctomminey :lmao
Fred :lmao
Matic :lmao
Mata he’s still there?
Pogba? :lmao he couldn’t press a shirt.

Front 4? Decent, the rest? Abominable
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27328 on: November 26, 2021, 05:28:17 pm »

Wolfgang wasn’t it?
Yes!  That’s it.
W

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27329 on: November 26, 2021, 05:28:46 pm »
Jurgen Klopp confirmed bedwetter:

Jürgen Klopp: Ralf Rangnick’s arrival is bad news for rest of Premier League

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/26/jurgen-klopp-ralf-rangnicks-arrival-is-bad-news-for-rest-of-premier-league
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #27330 on: November 26, 2021, 05:29:12 pm »

The most delicious thing is….you lot will never, ever learn :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27331 on: November 26, 2021, 05:38:44 pm »

I think you mean Wolfgang, but even so... the Brentford manager does look like he would have been a better bet than Rangnick.

There seems to be some weird agenda whereby the media want it to look like United aren't just shitting the bed and making it up as they go along. They have no long-term strategy. They're only getting Rangnick on the consultancy role after this interim period because that's what he insisted on as a condition of going there. It hardly sounds like it was his boyhood dream to be United manager. He's got them over a barrel because they're desperate. It will be interesting to see what happens if/when Pochettino arrives to pick up the reins in the summer - will he be able to gel with Rangnick? Pochettino seems more like a Rodgers-style "his own man" kind of person.

<insert some pithy observation about silk purses and sows' ears here>

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27332 on: November 26, 2021, 05:41:10 pm »

Wolfgang wasn’t it?

Should have read to the end of the thread before replying myself... sorry!

But anyway, I reckon Thomas Frank is exactly the kind of manager United do need. But he's not what they're getting.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27333 on: November 26, 2021, 05:41:48 pm »

Who has soiled trousers? I’m one of the few that actually think it’s a solid appointment and tried to throw a crumb of comfort to you bunch of clowns that thought Ole could ever be a good manager. Most think you lot are still thoroughly fucked behind the scenes and just reacting as you always have for the last decade and jumping on the latest bandwagon, making a muddled appointment of a German guy that’s never actually won anything.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27334 on: November 26, 2021, 05:42:55 pm »

It's like you've gone for whichever random German was available simply because German managers are the flavour of the month. I bet your first choice was Jurgen from Bake Off but he turned you down. (He's called Jurgen, he must be good, right?)

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #27335 on: November 26, 2021, 05:45:17 pm »
"He helped me a lot," Tuchel said of Rangnick. "He was my coach and one of the main figures to convince me to try coaching so he had a huge influence on all of us at that time. He showed us it's not important to follow people to the toilet in football games because that was the belief."

What does Tuchel mean here about the toilet part? Lost in translation?

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27336 on: November 26, 2021, 05:53:22 pm »
"He helped me a lot," Tuchel said of Rangnick. "He was my coach and one of the main figures to convince me to try coaching so he had a huge influence on all of us at that time. He showed us it's not important to follow people to the toilet in football games because that was the belief."

Who bloody knows man lol … Rangnick clearly seems to be someone that commands an almost fatherly respect from the current generation of younger German managers
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27337 on: November 26, 2021, 05:53:32 pm »
They need to kick out Ferguson from doing anything other than waving hands at crowds otherwise they will remain fucked.

Fuck that, keep him there. In fact, they have to insist he gets more involved
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27338 on: November 26, 2021, 05:55:09 pm »

Ha ha ha ha ha probably nothing Tuchel is a right fucking weirdo.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #27339 on: November 26, 2021, 05:56:18 pm »

I think he is referring to man-marking there.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27340 on: November 26, 2021, 05:56:44 pm »
Who bloody knows man lol … Rangnick clearly seems to be someone that commands an almost fatherly respect from the current generation of younger German managers

He seems to be a bit of a Bielsa figure - an elder statesman who seems to be hugely respected for his progressive views, and regarded as hugely influential across the game, but without the cabinet full of silverware that his reputation might suggest.

And it will take him a lot more than 6 months to fix that shower.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27341 on: November 26, 2021, 06:00:53 pm »
Looks set up for a disaster to happen. Not that Rangnick is bad, he's very good, however, he's coming in middle of a season, tons of pressure, a group of mercenaries, many whom are extremely lazy. A lot of games tightly packed in, so it will be incredibly hard for him to stamp his style on the players in a fast amount of time which means they will most probably let in a ton of goals trying to come to grips with a higher tempo game as Rangnick will want. Gonna have players like Penaldo and Pogback spitting the dummy as well at having to work hard.

Grab the popcorn.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #27342 on: November 26, 2021, 06:16:28 pm »
Theres 2 stages to manu reanimation

Stage 1.
 Spunk a shitload of cash on two half decent central midfielders , tell pogba to fuck off, be best of the also rans, finish fourth, CL football, hooray trebles all round.
Not beyond a half decent manager.

Stage 2.
Try to build a machine like the top 3 have. Embrace a footballing philosophy build a structure to support and start a long painful process of clearing out the duds.
Hmmm.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #27343 on: November 26, 2021, 06:19:39 pm »

Everton: Once we get a new stadium everything will work out perfectly.

Man United: Once we get our own murderous state ownership Klopp in, everything will work out perfectly.

Most people: Once I win the lottery, life will work out perfectly.

The world is full of dreamers.  :)

The only soiled trousers I've noticed are mine, seeing as I've been pissing myself every day since Ferguson left the Theatre of Dreamers.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #27344 on: November 26, 2021, 06:22:32 pm »
Do others think that the best thing he could do is sideline big Ron?. I think he could be very effective if it wasn't for the on pitch manager interfering with process and plans, just doing whatever he thinks is best anyway, whatever Rangnik says. That's my initial take, that he would be good but won't get the chance to be his own man in enough of the decision making and shaping of things. Enjoy the boost to your pension Ralf.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #27345 on: November 26, 2021, 06:30:02 pm »
I don't understand the media fawning over him. He has done well at RBL but he was a sporting director and Hassanhuttl was the manager when they got relevant. Before that they had vast resources compared to other teams.

He was average at Schalke and had to quit due to stress. This was when Schalke were top 2-3 teams in Germany and had resources.

AC Milan rejected him as Pioli did well and he wanted complete control (modern football clubs don't work that way anymore).

I agree with the Biesla shouts. They will play better football but still end up outside top 4 and then implode next season.
True North Strong

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #27346 on: November 26, 2021, 06:30:15 pm »
Everton: Once we get a new stadium everything will work out perfectly.

Man United: Once we get our own murderous state ownership Klopp in, everything will work out perfectly.

Most people: Once I win the lottery, life will work out perfectly.

The world is full of dreamers.  :)

The only soiled trousers I've noticed are mine, seeing as I've been pissing myself every day since Ferguson left the Theatre of Dreamers.
you've been pissing your trousers every day since 2013?
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #27347 on: November 26, 2021, 06:30:51 pm »
Every day.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27348 on: November 26, 2021, 06:31:42 pm »

Incontinence is a bastard
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #27349 on: November 26, 2021, 06:33:19 pm »
Every day.  :)
what about that time we went top of the league for a few mins?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #27350 on: November 26, 2021, 06:46:02 pm »
His nickname down the pub is Swampy  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27351 on: November 26, 2021, 06:51:03 pm »
You don't think he was taking the piss?  :o

you don't think I was?  :)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #27352 on: November 26, 2021, 06:57:25 pm »
you don't think I was?  :)
No, obviously not  :D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #27353 on: November 26, 2021, 06:58:59 pm »

Tony, explain this pending appointment to me? Clear things up.

You're getting an "interim" manager for 6 months.  Fair do's.

What do you expect out of him?

Then he is to leave the managerial side and have 2 years consultancy.

So if Ralph manages for 6 months. Then is kicked upstairs, you'll need a new manager. When the new manager comes in, will the new manager be expected to play the same style as what Ralph has started? And if he doesn't then you have the overlord above kicking off internally.

Basically Ralph is going to help Man utd get Ralph lite as the next manager it seems to me. Not some proven name..aka Poch.

How do you see the rest of the season going and the transition next summer?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27354 on: November 26, 2021, 07:02:30 pm »
No, obviously not  :D

maybe I'm a lot more nuanced than you're aware.  :)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #27355 on: November 26, 2021, 07:05:19 pm »
maybe I'm a lot more nuanced than you're aware.  :)
It's all just black letters that can be taken anyway the reader want's.
A smiley or two usually helps convey meaning  ;)

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #27356 on: November 26, 2021, 07:07:46 pm »

So if Ralph manages for 6 months. Then is kicked upstairs, you'll need a new manager. When the new manager comes in, will the new manager be expected to play the same style as what Ralph has started? And if he doesn't then you have the overlord above kicking off internally.

Basically Ralph is going to help Man utd get Ralph lite as the next manager it seems to me. Not some proven name..aka Poch.

It makes absolutely no sense to me mate and the last 3 months have been so utterly insane to me that i feel number to football than i have for a long long time.

all I feel from this board is that they attempt to convince everyone they have a plan or are doing something admirable while consistently winging it based on twitter opinion polling

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27357 on: November 26, 2021, 07:12:48 pm »
This is the first good appointment youse have made in nearly a decade.

Moysie is well Moysie.

Van Gaal and Mourinho were busted flushes.

Ole was a joke.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27358 on: November 26, 2021, 07:14:39 pm »

Sounds like they want him to take Ferguson's place as the back seat driver at the club. :D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #27359 on: November 26, 2021, 07:23:07 pm »
It makes absolutely no sense to me mate and the last 3 months have been so utterly insane to me that i feel number to football than i have for a long long time.

all I feel from this board is that they attempt to convince everyone they have a plan or are doing something admirable while consistently winging it based on twitter opinion polling

I guess we will all have to sit back and see what transpires.

Do Man Utd supporters have the patience to wait for success to come back? Or do they want it now?

Going to be interesting to see.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.