Author Topic: Craig Bellamy  (Read 24905 times)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Re: Craig Bellamy retires from football
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2014, 02:01:50 pm »
Always in the ref's face arguing the toss for anything (including the toss as well). Decent bloke, hope his retirement goes well.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2014, 03:22:33 pm »
Says a lot about how good Suarez is that Bellamy picked him above Shearer having only worked with Suarez for a year.

Indeed, although apparently Bellamy didn't exactly get on with shearer apparently
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Legacy Fan
  • At The End Of The Storm - Are we there yet??
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2014, 04:10:15 pm »
Chwarae teg bachgen bach. Nos da ar diolch un fawr.
5th times a charm

I want to read about a Welshman reclaiming our Kop and over engineering songs we have nicked. Priorities guys

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2014, 04:26:18 pm »
Says a lot about how good Suarez is that Bellamy picked him above Shearer having only worked with Suarez for a year.

I think it also is a reminder that him and Shearer fucking hate each other.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2014, 05:06:02 pm »
Remember when he came back and he made his debut 2nd time round away to Stoke. No sooner had he come off the bench and he was squaring up to Stoke player.  I just thought 'yes we've got are nasty bastard back'.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline jameshay

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2014, 05:07:25 pm »
poetry in motion

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2014, 08:22:20 pm »
I always thought he can be a very good coach,I hope he chooses that path

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
Re: Craig Bellamy
« Reply #127 on: January 1, 2015, 02:48:43 am »
Prescient, elsewhere...  Can I have some Lotto numbers?

Craig Douglas Bellamy to re-join Cardiff City as a coach in their Academy

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-legend-craig-bellamy-8363415

Cardiff City legend Craig Bellamy has returned to the club in a coaching role, we can reveal.

The former Wales and Bluebirds striker is working with the potential stars of the future three times a week after taking a post with the club’s Academy.

Bellamy, who played the last Premier League match of his career for Cardiff against Chelsea in May, is coaching players in age groups from under-12 upwards.

The ex-Cardiff captain, who previously revealed he was offered the manager’s job on a temporary basis following Malky Mackay’s departure, has almost completed his coaching badges. He is keen to put something back into the future of his home-town club before taking on his first senior management role.

“Our under-12s and under-13s in particular enjoy working with Craig and he enjoys working with them,” said Academy manager James McCarthy.

“He sees their exuberance and need to learn. Craig has come in over the last few weeks and helps out with teams from under-12 to under-18. The young players have so much respect for him.

“During his first week back at the club he ran a finishing session with our under-12 and under-13 strikers, including one-on-one situations.

“In the next match one youngster scored a hat-trick against Swansea City and two of the goals came from moves Craig had worked on with him. He has been exceptional.

“Craig is working with us because he wants to become a better coach. Working with our young players and planning sessions helps him with that. He cares about the game and this football club.”
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 1, 2015, 08:39:17 am »
he will be a good coach for the kids i think :)

good luck to him.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #129 on: September 7, 2015, 11:38:45 pm »
Spotted attending a UEFA pro license coaching student exchange last April along side Sol Campbell, Les Ferdinand, Patrick Vieira, Garry Monk and Tim Sherwood.

http://www.uefa.org/football-development/technical/coach-education/news/newsid=2235918.html
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #130 on: September 8, 2015, 03:11:36 am »
I always liked him. Always give his all every single game. There is also a tenacity in him that we lack in our current players now.

He will be a great manager, I see some similarities in him to Diego SImeone).
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #131 on: December 7, 2015, 06:37:36 pm »
Replacing Gary Neville on MNF tonight, might get the job permanently.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 1, 2019, 02:50:47 pm »
Not excusing his behaviour whatsoever but its quite amusing someone who 'hates' England so much played here for how many years?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #133 on: January 2, 2019, 11:59:08 am »
He annoys me as a pundit and his utter obssession with City is annoying. Hardly give us any credit at all. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 2, 2019, 05:53:07 pm »

good luck to him.

Cardiff City to investigate Craig Bellamy bullying claims

Craig Bellamy became Cardiff City player development manager in December, 2016

Cardiff City are to investigate a bullying claim against under-18s coach and former Wales striker Craig Bellamy.

The investigation will take place after reports of a complaint about Bellamy's alleged treatment of a young player, who has since left the club.

BBC Wales Sport has been told the club has a policy of investigating any such complaints.

Bellamy, 39, is an academy coach at Cardiff, having retired as a player in 2014.

The BBC has contacted Cardiff City, but the club are not currently commenting.

Manager Colin Wanker said: "Ken Choo, the chief executive, is dealing with this. It's not in my remit. I don't know anything about it."

A source at the club said any sort of complaint of this nature is "automatically" investigated.

Former captain Bellamy won 78 Wales caps and scored 19 goals between 1998 and 2013. He played for Liverpool, Manchester City and Newcastle during his club career.

He finished his playing days at hometown club Cardiff City, where he was a driving force in the club's promotion to the Premier League in 2013.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46729011
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #135 on: January 2, 2019, 06:18:20 pm »
Good player but its clear he's an absolute prick.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 3, 2019, 09:49:39 am »
Was reading what Riise was saying about him recently and the infamous golf club incident. Does sound like an obnoxious prick and not surprised in the least he has been pulled up on bullying.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #137 on: January 3, 2019, 10:52:49 am »

Manager Colin Wanker said: "Ken Choo, the chief executive, is dealing with this. It's not in my remit. I don't know anything about it."

Off topic and completely childish but it makes me laugh so much when official articles get changed via autocorrect. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #138 on: January 3, 2019, 11:31:27 am »

This is slightly humorous given the recent headlines.  :P
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2019, 03:09:22 pm »
Appointed under 21 coach at Anderlecht, no doubt on Kompany's recommendation.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2019, 03:13:57 pm »
Good luck to him!

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2019, 01:37:14 am »
Loved Bellamy, was made up when we signed him the second time. He was immense in the second leg of the League Cup semi-final against Man City in 2012, pretty much dragged us over the line and into the final by himself.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2019, 10:20:11 am »
I totally forgot we signed him twice

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2019, 10:51:33 am »
I doubt he speaks a word of either French or Dutch, but luckily Belgium has a very high rate of English speakers so I'm sure he'll be alright, good luck to him!
Linudden.

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2022, 04:49:49 pm »
Big interview here with Craig. First one since having a tough time with mental health and leaving Anderlecht. Long listen but fascinating detail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke1OaLfo0e0

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2022, 10:26:09 am »
Cheers for the link as will enjoy that at the gym later....Just finished it and what an interesting man. Getting a second chance to be with his young family as missed out with the raising of his sons. Loves the game and just wants a better balance where he will still coach but does not want to miss the big family  events that he  was away when playing. He is giving back to the game as giving kids a chance via his school in Sierra Leone / wherever he coaches as those kids chances of doing something are greatly enhanced with his assistance. As he says dont set limits for others as just encourage them to do the best they can and see where that hard work takes you. Hard work creates opportunities to allow you to do the best you can in life and to expect set backs, which will shape the person you will become and even today you can still strive to do better.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 04:48:41 pm by fowlermagic »
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #146 on: July 8, 2022, 08:59:59 pm »
Craig Bellamy has joined Vincent Kompany's backroom staff as Burnley's new assistant manager.