Poll

So.. NHS staff are getting regularly harrased/attacked by these scum so..

They should, of course, get treatment
41 (60.3%)
They should be banned from free treatment from the NHS
27 (39.7%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Should anti-vax scum be denied treatment in the NHS  (Read 3114 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Should anti-vax scum be denied treatment in the NHS
« Reply #40 on: January 1, 2022, 02:21:53 pm »
That places the policing of this on NHS staff. It is not their job.

to be honest it was more tongue in cheek!

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #41 on: January 1, 2022, 02:30:15 pm »
I would not advocate mandatory vaccination. I would use the tax system - tax those who are voluntarily unvaxxed at a higher rate to reflect the increased costs. Then people are free not to get vaxxed, but it will cost them.

Of course those who cannot be vaxxed for medical reasons are exempt. Should probably exempt Jehovah’s Witnesses too. But not in a way that allows anyone to just claim that exemption.

Anti-vaxx (along with most conspiracy theory) views thrive in low education and income areas. Taxation won't help

I was very much of the same opinion as you years ago. Education has to be key.

But nowadays people don't care what doctors say when twitter says 99.97% don't die of covid, the vaccine contains mercury and cells from aborted foetus' and people are getting hit by busses and getting COVID put as their cause of death.

There gets to a point where there is no getting them back from the rabbit hole. You either forcibly vaccinate or put them all on a desert island and let natural selection take over

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #42 on: January 1, 2022, 02:37:11 pm »
They should take out an injunction against Corbyn et al just as they did against Insulate Britain.

Frontline NHS staff should not be put in the position of denying treatment on political grounds.

I follow a number of NHS staff on twitter and they are regularly shocked by the suggestion they should deny people help. They are there to help those who are ill, whatever their intentions and that should not change, regardless of the idiotic anti-vaxers.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: January 1, 2022, 03:12:47 pm »
Anti-vaxx (along with most conspiracy theory) views thrive in low education and income areas. Taxation won't help

I was very much of the same opinion as you years ago. Education has to be key.

But nowadays people don't care what doctors say when twitter says 99.97% don't die of covid, the vaccine contains mercury and cells from aborted foetus' and people are getting hit by busses and getting COVID put as their cause of death.

There gets to a point where there is no getting them back from the rabbit hole. You either forcibly vaccinate or put them all on a desert island and let natural selection take over
I think education is the key but it should be talked about and debated in schools. CTs started out as a bit of fun. a lot of these people never realised just how dangerous they are, well we are now seeing the effect. evidence. logic and common sense are ignored.
This government played on CTs, Gove with his "Everybody has had enough of experts" legitimised CTs, it gave idiots with no valid argument a argument to justify stupid ignorant opinions, it needs to be thrown back in their faces. shame on them, it's done a lot of harm.

It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #44 on: January 1, 2022, 05:11:39 pm »
As with all public services, it is prominently posted around hospitals that those who abuse staff can and will be denied treatment as the safety of staff if paramount.

On that basis, why not have something in place whereby, if you have been one of the nutters abusing staff on wards and shouting off about common law bullshit, then you can be considered a risk to staff.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #45 on: January 1, 2022, 05:15:31 pm »
As with all public services, it is prominently posted around hospitals that those who abuse staff can and will be denied treatment as the safety of staff if paramount.

On that basis, why not have something in place whereby, if you have been one of the nutters abusing staff on wards and shouting off about common law bullshit, then you can be considered a risk to staff.

t the end of the day it's up to the legal system to deal with those who harass NHS staff and those attending hospital, vaccination centres and testing venues.

The sooner some of them start appearing in court a d stringent bail conditions are imposed the better.

Starting with that prick, Piers.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 1, 2022, 06:01:19 pm »
It's the unnecessary emotion as well,  seen this play out aplenty in various settings,  chat,  work whatsapp groups for various countries.    The fear was understandable at the beginning of the pandemic,  but two years in,  plenty of time and opportunity for both vaccinations and infections in the vaccinated and unvaccinated.  All this builds over time,  it works in our favour. 

The seroprevalence for England was around 95% (adult population)  at the start of Dec iirc.  You can afford to deal with the remaining unvaxxed in a more humane manner. I took the Pfizer vaccine doses very early in the pandemic,  was eligible for them even before the oldest age groups due to needing to be in contact with the local government here (not in the UK).  In terms of the risk -  reward calculation it made sense then as I couldn't afford to stay isolated for extended periods.  Now, if I hadn't had that access, couldn't isolate,  been exposed (without resorting to licking door knobs) for two years,  didn't die and was offered a vaccine now,  I would look for the best serology and T cell tests first,  (think a few are in the process of getting approved,  but looking at later in the year)  to pinpoint the state of the immune system against Covid and go from there.

Yet the chat on this is often still stuck on two years ago,  as if all the unvaccinated are immune naive.  Different setting.

I think the bigger issue now for most countries (except maybe the likes of Hong Kong who have obsessively pursued a 'zero covid' policy)  is upgrading their medical infrastructure,  staff numbers,  and funding while we wait for the latest in theraupetics.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2022, 06:12:47 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #47 on: January 1, 2022, 06:01:40 pm »
SIMPLY NO!

everybody no matter how insane and malicious their thinking and actions are entitled to NHS treatment free at the point of entry;

If we ever withdraw this right we are playing into the hands of cruel and antidemocratic monsters like Patel and Johnson to use it as a weapon against anyone who opposes them, in other words a total shit infested can of worms:
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #48 on: January 1, 2022, 06:54:01 pm »
If you can't access a service you pay into, then that contract would be null and void and the Americanization of the NHS would really come into view with private health insurances taking over through that precedent. This is in part since they would probably win a court case saying that if they shouldn't have right to treatment for free, therefore their taxes related to health would have to get scrapped. Then a lot of wealthy people would opt out of the NHS as a result of that precedent and it would immediately turn into an insurance system where all the people who could afford ducked out of what now would be just a public option. Any leftist should be able to see this coming would you open pandora's box, even though those people who do that shit described in this thread are utterly insane.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2022, 06:55:52 pm by Lewis Hamilton’s #1 baubles »
Linudden.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49 on: January 1, 2022, 07:23:12 pm »
If you can't access a service you pay into, then that contract would be null and void and the Americanization of the NHS would really come into view with private health insurances taking over through that precedent. This is in part since they would probably win a court case saying that if they shouldn't have right to treatment for free, therefore their taxes related to health would have to get scrapped. Then a lot of wealthy people would opt out of the NHS as a result of that precedent and it would immediately turn into an insurance system where all the people who could afford ducked out of what now would be just a public option. Any leftist should be able to see this coming would you open pandora's box, even though those people who do that shit described in this thread are utterly insane.

Privatisation is happening by stealth anyway due to numerous reasons, ie the NHS being starved of resources.  A Tory thing.  But that’s another discussion.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #50 on: January 1, 2022, 08:19:25 pm »

This is a bollocks argument. Prescription charges only apply to some people - and those people pay more tax than many of the exempt groups.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 1, 2022, 08:52:54 pm »
If you can't access a service you pay into, then that contract would be null and void

There are loads of government services I pay into that I can't access. It doesn't remotely make it null and void.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 1, 2022, 09:54:44 pm »
There are loads of government services I pay into that I can't access. It doesn't remotely make it null and void.
Effes' site on Netflix now then?
Got a link?
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 1, 2022, 10:29:30 pm »
Anti-vax scum??
Really?

As a thread title, and sits unchallenged?

It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 1, 2022, 10:31:50 pm »
Anti-vax scum??
Really?

As a thread title, and sits unchallenged?

You could try challenging it yourself?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #55 on: January 1, 2022, 10:34:21 pm »
Should have two x’s
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #56 on: January 1, 2022, 10:39:30 pm »
Should have two x’s

I thought the thread was about traditional housewives who abhor modern electrical devices and yearn for a brush and dustpan?

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 1, 2022, 10:40:23 pm »
Free at the point of delivery. Basic tenant of the NHS. Understand the OP's anger at some of these clowns but denying them treatment isn't the way. Don't want controversial threads just for the sake of arguments so on balance locking.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn