Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3440326 times)

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #67160 on: December 22, 2021, 12:59:12 pm »
Rather than SA a better comparison is Denmark which so far looks very promising low levels of hospitalisations and more importantly deaths.

Let the mathematicians keep scaring the population with talks of 2M infections a day though.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #67161 on: December 22, 2021, 01:00:48 pm »
Test results came back this morning as negative! Has anyone been to get their booster at Alder Hey? If so, do they know how long the queues are after five? Might chance it after work.
excellent news that mate, can't help with Alder Hey sorry
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #67162 on: December 22, 2021, 01:13:44 pm »
True. It's the best I could do but that's granting the premise halfway, in that it's a serious crime to book times you don't intend to use. In Sweden it's the equivalent of a £35 administrative fine if you don't show up to a time booked so raising that fine is the best deterrence to that mischief.

There is no penalty for such time wasting in the UK.

Anyone indulging in such childish behaviour should simply be identified.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #67163 on: December 22, 2021, 01:34:48 pm »
You can’t cancel Covid jabs on the day in the England. Even if you phone the helpline. My son had his jab booked, because the date he was due to be jabbed in school  was within 30 days of having Covid. The in school team postponed, and when they got around to his school, it was on the day we had booked (after 30 days). They gave him the vacc at school, so we then had an extra appointment that was impossible to cancel - and I really tried.

That makes it hard to hold people liable, as there is no safe path for any on the day issue preventing taking up the appointment.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #67164 on: December 22, 2021, 01:43:46 pm »
You're on Santa's happy list this year mate ;D

So why haven't you had it? Do you wear masks?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #67165 on: December 22, 2021, 02:02:43 pm »

Do you honestly think he'd admit it if he had? ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #67166 on: December 22, 2021, 02:04:31 pm »
Whilst I am totally with you in pointing out the potentially fatal consequences of their actions, you can't pin the 170K fatalties on them. 17 would be a push. Still enough in my mind to have them locked in a cell already.

--edit-- there must be a law we can use to take out the 'people' responsible for block booking vaccinations to prevent other people from taking them. Maybe even counter-terrorism?

The amount of examples we have seen in the last 18 months of people listening to Joe Fucking Rogan, honking a shit ton of whatever he's selling - taking it - and ending up ill or worse is too numerous.

That's not to excuse certain RW governments from blame, because they're very much at fault - the media giving equal airtime to some absolute pondlife hasn't helped matters neither.

True. It's the best I could do but that's granting the premise halfway, in that it's a serious crime to book times you don't intend to use. In Sweden it's the equivalent of a £35 administrative fine if you don't show up to a time booked so raising that fine is the best deterrence to that mischief.

They're doing it deliberately.

The end outcomes are the same, they kill people.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 02:12:13 pm by Commie Bobbie »
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67167 on: December 22, 2021, 02:08:04 pm »
Someone I work with who have refused the vaccine since Day 1 as they don't trust what's in it, says it's going to give her heart problems etc. (also is very skeptical of 5G, etc.) announced they have tested positive this morning. Feel awful. Can't work. Going back to bed blah blah.
Find it very hard to have any sympathy at all.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #67168 on: December 22, 2021, 02:08:08 pm »
There is no penalty for such time wasting in the UK.

Anyone indulging in such childish behaviour should simply be identified.

Clearly comparing people group booking vaccination slots to ISIS is taking it too far, a better comparison would probably be the waste of oxygen campaigners intentionally blocking ambulances on the roads.

What surprises me is that someone would look at a comment like that and, rather than agree with the sentiment that people who are group booking vaccination slots are c*nts and probably contributing to more people dying (as those most at risk from COVID will on, average, be older and less likely to persist with internet bookings) they instead criticise the, admittedly, OTT analogy.

There is also a world of difference between someone who makes a booking and doesn’t cancel it (assuming that they had the option to cancel it) and someone who blocks books vaccination slots to prevent others from accessing potentially life saving treatment (ironically under the guise of being pro-freedom) - one is being a selfish twat, the other is contributing to a higher rate of serious illness and harm, either by being of malicious mind, being a fucking idiot blindly following someone of malicious mind and, probably rarely (and these are the ones I have sympathy for) being picked out to be vulnerable/easily persuaded by those of malicious mind and being essentially groomed as part of the group.

It’s absolute shithouse behaviour in its purest form and it needs calling out, rather than criticising the manner of how it’s being called out.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67169 on: December 22, 2021, 02:12:15 pm »
Clearly comparing people group booking vaccination slots to ISIS is taking it too far, a better comparison would probably be the waste of oxygen campaigners intentionally blocking ambulances on the roads.

What surprises me is that someone would look at a comment like that and, rather than agree with the sentiment that people who are group booking vaccination slots are c*nts and probably contributing to more people dying (as those most at risk from COVID will on, average, be older and less likely to persist with internet bookings) they instead criticise the, admittedly, OTT analogy.

There is also a world of difference between someone who makes a booking and doesn’t cancel it (assuming that they had the option to cancel it) and someone who blocks books vaccination slots to prevent others from accessing potentially life saving treatment (ironically under the guise of being pro-freedom) - one is being a selfish twat, the other is contributing to a higher rate of serious illness and harm, either by being of malicious mind, being a fucking idiot blindly following someone of malicious mind and, probably rarely (and these are the ones I have sympathy for) being picked out to be vulnerable/easily persuaded by those of malicious mind and being essentially groomed as part of the group.

It’s absolute shithouse behaviour in its purest form and it needs calling out, rather than criticising the manner of how it’s being called out.

If you look at the posters jumping on it, its not that surprising.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #67170 on: December 22, 2021, 02:15:04 pm »
If you look at the posters jumping on it, its not that surprising.

Yeah, what I've said is shocking but it's how I feel. I won't apologise for it.

At the same time, it's like Mr Blair calling such people idiots. He's someone I despise as many know on here - but he ain't wrong.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 02:17:26 pm by Commie Bobbie »

DON'T BUY THE S*N

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67171 on: December 22, 2021, 02:16:41 pm »

T

Firstly, the comment was directed at people with "anti-vax" thinking. It had nothing to do with block booking vaccine appointments. The analogy is absolutely abhorrent and dangerous. He was demonising and dehumanising a group of people who for whatever reason have made the personal choice not to get a medical treatment, by comparing them to ISIS. You do this by comparing them to cold blooded barbarians who behead people. It's a disgusting comparison and trivialises the actions of ISIS and all their victims.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 02:18:14 pm by LFC when it suits »

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #67172 on: December 22, 2021, 02:18:00 pm »

The analogy is absolutely abhorrent and dangerous. It had nothing to do with block booking vaccine appointments. it was directed at anyone with "anti-vax" thinking. He was demonising and dehumanising a group of people who for whatever reason have made the personal choice not to get a medical treatment, by comparing them to ISIS. You do this by comparing them to cold blooded barbarians who behead people. It's a disgusting comparison and trivialises the actions of ISIS and all their victims.

Their actions could kill people.

DON'T BUY THE S*N

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67173 on: December 22, 2021, 02:18:39 pm »
Yeah, what I've said is shocking but it's how I feel. I won't apologise for it.

To be clear although I don’t agree with it I don’t think it’s that shocking considering the blind anger it makes most people feel when they find out it’s been going on.

My view on it is that (amongst a few other things that have become ‘fair game’ for whackos during this pandemic) should be made to be their own specific criminal offences with strong punishments.

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67174 on: December 22, 2021, 02:21:27 pm »
Their actions could and will kill people. End.

Mate, vaccinated people are spreading this all over the place as well. The science proves this. If anything, it was brought to the West by the vaccinated who are able to travel freely. The variant developed in a part of the world where vaccine supplies are low because wealthy countries hoard vaccine supplies and not because of "anti vax thinking" as you put it.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #67175 on: December 22, 2021, 02:22:13 pm »
To be clear although I don’t agree with it I don’t think it’s that shocking considering the blind anger it makes most people feel when they find out it’s been going on.

My view on it is that (amongst a few other things that have become ‘fair game’ for whackos during this pandemic) should be made to be their own specific criminal offences with strong punishments.

I'm very uncomfortable with some thoughts I've had of late in combating such individuals - I know it's making me out to being an reactionary - but with the power of the Internet, it's inevitable that such poison is getting to vulnerable people.

Does anyone remember that Nurse who compared doctors and nurses to Nazi scientists? Still at liberty. No criticism at all from the Crank Tories dictating government policy right now.

DON'T BUY THE S*N

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67176 on: December 22, 2021, 02:24:15 pm »

Firstly, the comment was directed at people with "anti-vax" thinking. It had nothing to do with block booking vaccine appointments. The analogy is absolutely abhorrent and dangerous. He was demonising and dehumanising a group of people who for whatever reason have made the personal choice not to get a medical treatment, by comparing them to ISIS. You do this by comparing them to cold blooded barbarians who behead people. It's a disgusting comparison and trivialises the actions of ISIS and all their victims.

I think those advocating Anti-vax thinking and especially those who are actively taking direct action to such as filling spaces to get jabbed only to not do are no better than ISIS.

That’s the quote ‘especially those who are actively taking direct action….’

You can ignore the second bit of the sentence and focus on the first of you want to but clearly it does have something to do with those people block booking vaccination slots as it directly references it.

I don’t think anyone is (intentionally) trivialising the actions of terror factions or their victims, people have just had enough of moronic, factless bullshit under the guise of ‘pro-choice’, it reeks of the anti-abortion stuff which we’ve seen in the past and the reality is those who campaign the most vehemently for pro-choice are the ones who really want the population to have as little choice as possible.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67177 on: December 22, 2021, 02:25:00 pm »
Mate, vaccinated people are spreading this all over the place as well. The science proves this. If anything, it was brought to the West by the vaccinated who are able to travel freely. The variant developed in a part of the world where vaccine supplies are low because wealthy countries hoard vaccine supplies and not because of "anti vax thinking" as you put it.

Sure they are. But that's a bit like having a go at someone for walking human shit through a corridor when some fucking lunatic has purposely shit his pants and then thrown said shit onto the first guy.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #67178 on: December 22, 2021, 02:26:55 pm »
But that's a bit like having a go at someone for walking human shit through a corridor when some fucking lunatic has purposely shit his pants and then thrown said shit onto the first guy.

That sounds like a few of the threads on RAWK.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67179 on: December 22, 2021, 02:28:13 pm »

You can ignore the second bit of the sentence and focus on the first of you want to but clearly it does have something to do with those people block booking vaccination slots as it directly references it.

I don’t think anyone is (intentionally) trivialising the actions of terror factions or their victims, people have just had enough of moronic, factless bullshit under the guise of ‘pro-choice’, it reeks of the anti-abortion stuff which we’ve seen in the past and the reality is those who campaign the most vehemently for pro-choice are the ones who really want the population to have as little choice as possible.

My mistake. I don't know how I missed that second part. That makes it a little less abhorrent.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67180 on: December 22, 2021, 02:28:36 pm »

Nonsense

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67181 on: December 22, 2021, 02:30:44 pm »
Sure they are. But that's a bit like having a go at someone for walking human shit through a corridor when some fucking lunatic has purposely shit his pants and then thrown said shit onto the first guy.

That's a poor analogy though. No unvaccinated person purposely spreads the virus. The thing is that this variant highly transmissible and developed in parts of the world where the people are unvaccinated not by choice, but rather because vaccine supplies are low.

Rich countries need to stop hoarding vaccine supplies.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #67182 on: December 22, 2021, 02:31:49 pm »

The anti-abortion cranks comparison is admittedly a better comparison - but still the ultimate result is that people will die because of such selfish actions.

One thing we can agree on. Capitalism eh.

DON'T BUY THE S*N

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67183 on: December 22, 2021, 02:33:32 pm »
That's a poor analogy though. No unvaccinated person purposely spreads the virus. This thing is that this is variant highly transmissible and developed in parts of the world where the people are unvaccinated not by choice, but rather because vaccine supplies are low.

They dont no. What they do is either completely ignore the experts saying 'you need to be vaccinated to limit the spread and protect people' or they see experts saying 'you need to be vaccinated to limit the spread and protect people' and think they know better. Either way is thick, selfish and particularly dangerous.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67184 on: December 22, 2021, 02:33:32 pm »
Nonsense

Are you saying that the vaccinated can't spread the virus as well?

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #67185 on: December 22, 2021, 02:34:31 pm »

So you think there is nothing wrong with Piers Corbyn telling his rabble to go out and burn the offices of MPs to the ground then.

I guess you were also OK with Trump inciting a riot at the Capitol in January. What about the hook handed preacher now in jail in the US, Abul Hamza isn't he.

Both inciting crowds to do their bidding, they are scum each and every one of them and their followers are as bad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67186 on: December 22, 2021, 02:37:50 pm »
So you think there is nothing wrong with Piers Corbyn telling his rabble to go out and burn the offices of MPs to the ground then.

Where did I say that. Inciting to violence is obviously a crime and unacceptable. Something definitely also needs to be done about the people deliberately block booking to prevent people who want to get vaccinated.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67187 on: December 22, 2021, 02:38:40 pm »
My mistake. I don't know how I missed that second part. That makes it a little less abhorrent.

I don’t want to speak on behalf of anyone here but the idea of comparing some of the stuff that we’ve seen over a this pandemic with the actions of terror groups isn’t anything particularly new and isn’t as baseless as it might seem.

Off the top of my head:

- People block booking vaccinations
- Piers Corbin arrested for inciting arson
- Kate Shemerani comparing NHS staff to Nazis

There’s tonnes more but I’m making my point I think, it’s not a million miles away is it when you’re delivering that message either via Twitter to millions or standing on a stage doing it with a mass of people watching. Of course it’s nothing like the same as the absolute worst we’ve seen from terror factions across the world but the ethos is similar (albeit in this case they’re inciting it rather than delivering it).

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67188 on: December 22, 2021, 02:39:29 pm »
Swerve it hijacking this thread with these useless discussions that almost always end up with no resolution. Sure there’s another thread where having or not having the vaccine can be discussed.

You are right. Apologies. Not going to engage in it anymore. Will save this energy for recovering from COVID.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67189 on: December 22, 2021, 02:40:05 pm »

Honestly, what the fuck is the point you think you're making?

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2294250-how-much-less-likely-are-you-to-spread-covid-19-if-youre-vaccinated/

A recent study found that vaccinated people infected with the delta variant are 63 per cent less likely to infect people who are unvaccinated.

This is only slightly lower than with the alpha variant, says Brechje de Gier at the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment in the Netherlands, who led the study. Her team had previously found that vaccinated people infected with alpha were 73 per cent less likely to infect unvaccinated people.

De Gier says they cannot calculate the full reduction in transmission due to vaccination, because they don’t know exactly how much vaccination reduces the risk of infection. But even assuming vaccination only halves the risk of infection, this would still imply that vaccines reduce transmission by more than 80 per cent overall.

Yes. Very good, vaccinated people can spread it too. In far, far lower numbers and at far lower risk to themselves and others who have been vaccinated. Its not rocket science, its not brain surgery. If 100% of the global population were fully vaccinated we'd be nowhere near the numbers we're seeing everywhere at the moment in terms of cases, deaths, hospitalisations, whatever. Trivialising the conversation with such uneducated nonsense is pretty scary.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #67190 on: December 22, 2021, 02:41:53 pm »
When do you leave to start the new job?

End of January, I am counting the days.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #67191 on: December 22, 2021, 02:43:10 pm »

If you read Wabaloobah's post you'll get a rundown on why I'm not vaccinated against covid and why I don't wear masks. He summed it up well to be honest although in a hilarious hyperbolic way ;D I take as much steps as possible to not get covid, period, until there's a really harmless variant going around. Hopefully that is just around the corner. Even so, even during peak waves it's unlikely more than 0.3 % of people have it in the country at once so unless you deliberately seek out social gatherings or go on public transport you have a great chance at not catching it.

I support everyone who wants the vaccine to take it though and I definitely disagree with any attempts at stopping the vaccination program. My body and my choice go both ways for me unlike the stereotype that you were talking about.
Linudden.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67192 on: December 22, 2021, 02:43:21 pm »
I've just had a close contact  notification from last Friday the 17th which is telling me I don't need to isolate but to book a PCR test?

I've got no symptoms, done two LFTs and a PCR since then and all were negative but I've also had both granddaughters and my sister staying since weekend.

Wtf am I meant to do as it'll be Xmas Eve before I can get one as I'm driving back to Yorkshire tomorrow to take one granddaughter home and got a client booked in whilst I'm there 😔🙄

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #67193 on: December 22, 2021, 02:45:09 pm »
I have felt really rough the last few days. Today marks a week since our booster. and the last time I have left the house. Slept like a log all day yesterday, My issue is where the hell is all this green mucus cough/runny mucus from the nose coming from? My sides hurt a bit from all the mucus coughing.  Its like a lake. At least today I have managed to get up and am sitting at the computer. My pharmacist said to take paracetamol and lay low for a few more days. Cannot get though to my GP as he is hiding is his covid bunker. They just refer you to 119 and don't seem willing to help at all my GP I mean. I feel a little btter overall I guess.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 02:49:21 pm by scouseman »

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #67194 on: December 22, 2021, 02:49:26 pm »
So we can add unrealistic notice period to your employers' sins :)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #67195 on: December 22, 2021, 02:51:28 pm »
I've just had a close contact  notification from last Friday the 17th which is telling me I don't need to isolate but to book a PCR test?

I've got no symptoms, done two LFTs and a PCR since then and all were negative but I've also had both granddaughters and my sister staying since weekend.

Wtf am I meant to do as it'll be Xmas Eve before I can get one as I'm driving back to Yorkshire tomorrow to take one granddaughter home and got a client booked in whilst I'm there 😔🙄
if you've taken a PCR after the date when you came into contact, I would assume that covers you

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #67196 on: December 22, 2021, 02:52:15 pm »

Congratulations and all that, but damn it - that's going to be a slog!

DON'T BUY THE S*N

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67197 on: December 22, 2021, 02:57:44 pm »
if you've taken a PCR after the date when you came into contact, I would assume that covers you

Thanks mate.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67198 on: December 22, 2021, 02:58:02 pm »

No, I responded ‘nonsense’ to the post, referring to most of the content.

To be fair the 1 point in that post I’d agree with is reference to ‘vaccine hoarding’.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67199 on: December 22, 2021, 03:12:18 pm »
That's a poor analogy though. No unvaccinated person purposely spreads the virus.

They are purposefully making themselves more likely to spread it.