Author Topic: China - a Fascist State  (Read 74297 times)

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: China - a Fascist State
« Reply #120 on: January 1, 2021, 06:05:54 pm »
And how many dislike these movements? The demonstrations are reported. The griping about disruptions is not. NB. the cameras are usually around Hong Kong. Most of the territory of Hong Kong is not Hong Kong.

They are in a minority based on polls and what happened in recent elections.

My point is that no group of people are just naturally predisposed to a certain way of thinking. Their environment, economic conditions, external political factors, education and societal norms all help form their belief systems. If the political and information landscape in China was different I think the people would think differently too.

I mean Nationalism was quite strong in Germany until it wasn't. Its not that German culture changed overnight but other things did.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: January 1, 2021, 06:08:26 pm »
Sure, but I meant it in "democratic terms". That's what power is in politics, and has been ever since Aristotle. One can have personal wealth and nice possessions and enough food etc but none of this, alone, is what is understood by "political power." Political power is about having a voice in a national conversation and about deciding what comes next. That's not say, not leaving your destiny (and your fortune and nice possessions) to the whim of an unelected authority. There is an argument, again going back to Aristotle, that the desire to have some control over your political destiny is innate - and history seems to bear this out. 

For the moment, I'll grant, the Chinese middle classes have shown no interest in having any of this. They just want their possessions ("shiny things" I think someone called them earlier). Perhaps they were scared off by what happened to the Democracy movement in 1989.  But it is historically rare for an emerging social class, with the the high self-regard that comes from having status and professional qualifications, not to want some control over the political set-up eventually. People can only suffer so much humiliation.

You cite Aristotle. Back in his day, Athenian government involved officials being elected. That's somewhat recognisable to a modern westerner who grew up in a liberal democracy. Chinese government has historically been different. Gifted children would be put through an academic system, and a scholar who passed the examinations would be honoured as a representative of the family. No election involved. Onus on education.

Imperial examinations are gone now, and the measure of worth is now how much money one makes. But the focus on education is still there, and the successful individual's relationship with the family. Still no election involved.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: January 1, 2021, 08:12:51 pm »
Hip hop hooray...    >:(

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/31/a-real-bad-precedent-australia-criticised-for-antarctica-airport-plan

'A real bad precedent': Australia criticised for Antarctica airport plan
Multibillion-dollar project is unnecessary and damaging to wildlife, say scientists

what’s that got to do with China (government) being a bunch of horrible bastards?.

Anyway fuck China, the west have shot themselves in the foot with them and globalisation in general.

Decades Of giving away quality manufacturing and meaningful jobs, no wonder it’s starting to bite us back now. The likes of thatcher and her ilk have played a massive part in this. They have made the west weak and reliant on a fascist state, unbelievable. I just hope we start moving away from them, uncouple ourselves over time and start trading with democratic countries only.

Oh wait, I see the EU have just bent over further for them (I presume) - I assume they are ignoring the slaves? Hopefully not.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #123 on: January 3, 2021, 04:06:56 pm »
China a fascist state you say?  well you need not look too far for evidence of a fascist state as we are living in one right now in the stasi police state UK.    As they say China's today is the West's tomorrow.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: January 3, 2021, 04:18:51 pm »
China a fascist state you say?  well you need not look too far for evidence of a fascist state as we are living in one right now in the stasi police state UK.    As they say China's today is the West's tomorrow.

Both are fascist states.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 3, 2021, 04:57:51 pm »
China a fascist state you say?  well you need not look too far for evidence of a fascist state as we are living in one right now in the stasi police state UK.

Really ?

As they say China's today is the West's tomorrow.

Who are they ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #126 on: January 3, 2021, 06:49:32 pm »

Need to watch it pal. Just giving you the heads up. I'd leave home tonight. The secret police are almost certainly on the way round to where you live.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: January 3, 2021, 06:51:06 pm »
An internet post like his in China would of course be followed by a 'visit' from the secret police. Followed by a long incarceration. Proper fascism in other words, not angry-kid fascism.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #128 on: January 4, 2021, 12:38:02 pm »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 4, 2021, 12:46:16 pm »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #130 on: January 4, 2021, 06:25:04 pm »
An internet post like his in China would of course be followed by a 'visit' from the secret police. Followed by a long incarceration. Proper fascism in other words, not angry-kid fascism.

To be fair though, if they arrested every person for every angry post on the internet, half the country would be in a gulag
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 4, 2021, 06:38:39 pm »
To be fair though, if they arrested every person for every angry post on the internet, half the country would be in a gulag

Never underestimate the deterrent effect Andy. The Chinese Fascist regime doesn't. It would take a hundred summary arrests in 24 hours for the internet to change overnight.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #132 on: January 4, 2021, 06:45:38 pm »
Never underestimate the deterrent effect Andy. The Chinese Fascist regime doesn't. It would take a hundred summary arrests in 24 hours for the internet to change overnight.

That is also probably very true.

As you suggest, wouldn't take much to invoke a state of fear and many franctic deletions and so on..

Now that I've thought about it, would probably be easier than before the Interweb was invented..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #133 on: January 6, 2021, 10:51:20 am »
:D

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 6, 2021, 01:02:02 pm »
^ yea was going to post that earlier - Hong Kong activists and their lawyers getting round up. Re-education or worse for them poor souls I guess

Offline ComradeTrent

• Boys Pen
« Reply #135 on: January 6, 2021, 03:55:23 pm »
Lines of nonsense followed by a blue moon to his Comrade Mao
« Last Edit: January 6, 2021, 04:41:53 pm by Harinder »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #136 on: January 6, 2021, 03:57:02 pm »
The bots are back!!!!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: January 6, 2021, 03:59:50 pm »
The liberal bots who parrot their overlords from WaPo have no response to the truth as usual. We will break the Anglo control over the media and then it is game over

Good to see hysteria is alive and well and kicking in your febrile imagination.

How do you get your job? Just asking for a friend.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 6, 2021, 04:13:08 pm »
You've just won the prize for the biggliest, most undigestible copy and paste in the history of RAWK.

Congratulations.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #139 on: January 6, 2021, 04:13:50 pm »
^^^^Safe to say no one here is going to bother reading through that heap of shite. I can only hope you wasted a decent amount of time putting it together.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #140 on: January 6, 2021, 04:21:59 pm »
Another flaw with the great Western liberal bots, incapable of digesting anything more than a 2 second soundbite with a Western accent. This is a civilization that still wants to lead and lecture the world on ethics  :butt

Typical flaw with trolls, incapable of coming up with anything of substance.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2013/01/04/the-irrational-racist-fear-of-china/
:D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: January 6, 2021, 04:23:14 pm »
Typical flaw with trolls, incapable of coming up with anything of substance.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2013/01/04/the-irrational-racist-fear-of-china/

Well spotted. ;D

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 6, 2021, 04:27:08 pm »
Trent darling, I told you before, it's best to make at least one post on Liverpool Football Club before you start puking up all your pre-digested propaganda for the Chinese Fascist regime.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #143 on: January 6, 2021, 04:32:20 pm »
Thank you China for showing us that you don't have to be White, Western or Christian to re-build a modern civilisation

What is your definition of a modern civilisation?
Is your definition of modern based on technology, or does it go further to define the rights of citizens and allow the populace to express who they are?
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: January 6, 2021, 04:40:31 pm »
Goodbye, Comrade
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 6, 2021, 04:42:11 pm »
As you were.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: January 6, 2021, 04:47:32 pm »
As you were.

Not quite as we were. That's some edit of his post Harinder!

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 6, 2021, 05:21:50 pm »
Quote from: ComradeTrent on Today at 03:58:13 PM

The liberal bots who parrot their overlords from WaPo have no response to the truth as usual. We will break the Anglo control over the media and then it is game over

Great.  When are you assassinating Rupert Murdoch and firebombing Fox News and OANN?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: January 6, 2021, 05:41:03 pm »
I enjoyed the bit about running dogs.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 6, 2021, 05:42:31 pm »
I understand why these posts are deleted but always feel like I've missed out on all the fun when I open a thread and realise the mods got there first.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #150 on: January 7, 2021, 05:09:00 pm »
Need to watch it pal. Just giving you the heads up. I'd leave home tonight. The secret police are almost certainly on the way round to where you live.
too late already in the gulag Yorky.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #151 on: January 7, 2021, 05:40:46 pm »
I just want to add my appreciation of the subject title - rightfully calling it out for what it is. Fascism can sometimes be a vague concept and it can be overused, but China's actions, especially in the last few years, is nothing but state promoted and unmitigated fascism. From the treatment of minorities (with clear similarities to concentration camps) to the latest developments in Hong Kong with imprisonment from common dissent (nothing new but even more blatant lately) China is nothing but a fascist state.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2021, 12:20:57 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t28nnviKar4&t=9s

The BBC report which the Chinese Fascists are now denouncing.

The creation of a vast slave labour force reported in that film is not a lot different from what the Nazis did during the war. In one way it is worse, since the Chinese Fascist regime wants to eliminate the entire culture of the Uighurs and re-educate them in the doctrines of the ruling ideology.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2021, 01:33:31 pm »
To add to that, this was also in the Guardian yesterday:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/12/uighur-xinjiang-re-education-camp-china-gulbahar-haitiwaji

Horrendous stuff

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2021, 04:49:55 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t28nnviKar4&t=9s

The BBC report which the Chinese Fascists are now denouncing.

The creation of a vast slave labour force reported in that film is not a lot different from what the Nazis did during the war. In one way it is worse, since the Chinese Fascist regime wants to eliminate the entire culture of the Uighurs and re-educate them in the doctrines of the ruling ideology.

One wonders what Deng Xiaoping would have made of this. It's Maoism all over again.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #155 on: January 31, 2021, 03:33:57 am »

Just what we do not need at this time.

"The Financial Times, citing persons familiar with the US and allied intelligence, reported Friday that the Chinese bombers and fighters simulated an attack on the Theodore Roosevelt carrier strike group. The Chinese bomber pilots were also reportedly overheard confirming naval strike orders and simulating the firing of anti-ship missiles."

https://www.businessinsider.com/chinese-planes-conducted-simulated-attack-on-us-navy-aircraft-carrier-2021-1

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 8, 2021, 09:37:05 am »
This won't reach the UN. But it should do.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55973215

There is a "very credible case" that the Chinese government is carrying out the crime of genocide against the Uighur people, according to a formal legal opinion newly published in the UK.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 8, 2021, 11:17:04 am »
This won't reach the UN. But it should do.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55973215

There is a "very credible case" that the Chinese government is carrying out the crime of genocide against the Uighur people, according to a formal legal opinion newly published in the UK.

China has a veto at the UN so doesnt really matter anyway.

Im sure all these recent legal manouverings in respect of human rights in various places such as Palestine and China are from people with good intentions wishing to make the world a better place but whats the end game? As far as i can see there's no way a UK court can enforce anything within China. I cant imagine the ICC can enforce anything on Israel either.

Doesnt a legal body need the ability to enforce its rulings before its casts judgement, whats the point otherwise?

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 8, 2021, 11:32:20 am »
China has a veto at the UN so doesnt really matter anyway.

Im sure all these recent legal manouverings in respect of human rights in various places such as Palestine and China are from people with good intentions wishing to make the world a better place but whats the end game? As far as i can see there's no way a UK court can enforce anything within China. I cant imagine the ICC can enforce anything on Israel either.

Doesnt a legal body need the ability to enforce its rulings before its casts judgement, whats the point otherwise?

Yes, there's no question that China can violate the genocide conventions with impunity for the reason you mention. But it's still important that when a genocide takes place (eg Rwanda) that the facts are fastidiously laid out and remembered. The ultimate sanction may never be applied to China because of her power, but world opinion can be changed. Plus the persecuted Uighurs deserve no less.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #159 on: February 8, 2021, 01:23:14 pm »
Yes, there's no question that China can violate the genocide conventions with impunity for the reason you mention. But it's still important that when a genocide takes place (eg Rwanda) that the facts are fastidiously laid out and remembered. The ultimate sanction may never be applied to China because of her power, but world opinion can be changed. Plus the persecuted Uighurs deserve no less.

trouble is - all the dirty deeds the 'moral' western countries have committed over the years don't seem to get a mention in this pseudo democratic west we live in

china look at what we've done and realise that we are just the same as them

well, they think they are better actually

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend