The Liverpool FC Forum > The Away Ground Guide

Brighton & Hove Albion

(1/6) > >>

Buck Pete:

The Falmer Stadium, currently known for sponsorship purposes as the American Express Community Stadium, or simply The Amex Stadium

The only Premier League ground for the upcoming 2017/2018 season I've not been to, but hoping that will change this year.

LFC travel there on the first weekend in December this year, and while not the sunny seaside trip we would have liked, it should still be good as the game is close(ish) to Xmas.

I believe we last played them away  in September 2011 so there will be lots of RAWKites who are familiar with the ground and location. 

SO...Any tips for boozing around the ground or any other helpful stuff stick it in this thread :wave

JRC_:
Falmer train station is right next to the ground but it's very small and probably not much fun after the match. Don't think there are any decent pubs by the ground so will probably have to drink in the city then head over after

Hij:
The ground is a train ride away from actual main Brighton station. So leave plenty of time if you have beers down by the beach as its a 10/15/20 minute walk from the beach to the main station depending how fast you walk (but all uphill from beach -> station whereas it's down hill from station -> beach).

There is a great boozer and the supporters club situated at it which is The King and Queen which is a 5 minute walk from the main station. That pub has now been selected as the away pub by the police I believe as it is very big. Big enough in fact for a decent sing song I'd imagine if enough reds are up for that sort of thing.

Fairly expensive pint in the main areas, similar to London I've found, but there should be a few student boozers around as well.

JRC_:

--- Quote from: Hij on June 30, 2017, 10:14:49 am ---The ground is a train ride away from actual main Brighton station. So leave plenty of time if you have beers down by the beach as its a 10/15/20 minute walk from the beach to the main station depending how fast you walk (but all uphill from beach -> station whereas it's down hill from station -> beach).

There is a great boozer and the supporters club situated at it which is The King and Queen which is a 5 minute walk from the main station. That pub has now been selected as the away pub by the police I believe as it is very big. Big enough in fact for a decent sing song I'd imagine if enough reds are up for that sort of thing.

Fairly expensive pint in the main areas, similar to London I've found, but there should be a few student boozers around as well.

--- End quote ---

Beach in Decemeber!? Steady on

kalle-anka:

--- Quote from: JRC_ on June 30, 2017, 10:17:19 am ---Beach in Decemeber!? Steady on

--- End quote ---

Was just thinking the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version