Author Topic: God Of War (reboot)  (Read 24776 times)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: God Of War (reboot)
« Reply #200 on: November 12, 2022, 03:08:04 pm »
What an amazing game.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #201 on: November 12, 2022, 06:13:08 pm »
Loving it
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #202 on: November 13, 2022, 01:39:19 am »
I'm 7.5 hours in and it's my GOTY already to be honest

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2022, 06:55:04 pm »
I have Christmas in mind for this. Might try and clear some of the backlog between now and then and treat myself once the holiday season starts!

How are people finding the opening stages? It took me three goes to get into the last one, I just kept running out of steam as the game opened up. Stupid really as once I persisted for an hour or two more I got sucked into it.

It’s worth persevering with in all honesty. It starts a lot quicker than the first one that’s for sure!  ;D

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2022, 10:56:57 am »
I really want to play this! But my very very old PS4 is dying a slow death and I'm not sure purchasing a PS5 is worth it considering I probably won't play any other games.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #205 on: November 16, 2022, 02:25:47 am »
12 hours in now.

GOTY for me.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2022, 09:48:20 am »
Such an outrageous game, also GOTY for me although it's a close one with Elden Ring.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2022, 12:41:14 am »
Yeah this is great. I don’t play enough games to pick a game of the year though.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #208 on: November 19, 2022, 02:20:49 pm »
incredible game

i have few a quibbles but the game is so good i can let them go, and as a sequel can you really ask for more?

Spoiler
Sony Santa Monica have said that is the end of Kratos' journey with them but i find it hard to imagine they'll just drop the whole thing. The obvious one to take on the mantle would be Loki, personally i'd prefer it was Thor's daughter, but they'd have to come up with a point for her story whereas Loki already has a path he's on
[close]
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: November 20, 2022, 04:57:58 am »
incredible game

i have few a quibbles but the game is so good i can let them go, and as a sequel can you really ask for more?

Spoiler
Sony Santa Monica have said that is the end of Kratos' journey with them but i find it hard to imagine they'll just drop the whole thing. The obvious one to take on the mantle would be Loki, personally i'd prefer it was Thor's daughter, but they'd have to come up with a point for her story whereas Loki already has a path he's on
[close]

Spoiler

I hope not. What would a God of War game be without the God of War? Look what's happened to the new Batman-less Batman game"

[close]

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: November 20, 2022, 05:46:46 am »
Spoiler

I hope not. What would a God of War game be without the God of War? Look what's happened to the new Batman-less Batman game"

[close]

Spoiler
looking at the quotes myself - that'll teach me to trust other fuckers lol - what was said is that it's the end of Kratos’ story in Norse mythology.

that of course is very different, so apologies for that as i can't find a quote that specifically states Kratos is done. which of course im glad about.

the fact loki has now fucked off and kratos has nothing tying him down, he's free to venture where ever the studio wishes - gods of egypt, japan and india are obvious options. so on the back of the success of the two games it seems a no brainer to carry it on, it's pretty much guaranteed to haul in plenty of money and no company turns their back on that. plus it's a Sony independent flagship game and we know how much they love those - they sell consoles.
[close]

btw, new 2 hour long documentary on the making of God of War, haven't watched it yet so can't recommend but imagine fans of the game will enjoy it
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ra_R-K_IoUc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ra_R-K_IoUc</a>
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 05:52:21 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Offline db1animal

• Anny Roader
« Reply #211 on: November 21, 2022, 12:49:05 am »
btw, new 2 hour long documentary on the making of God of War, haven't watched it yet so can't recommend but imagine fans of the game will enjoy it

I hate to be ‘that guy’ but ‘Raising Kratos’ came out 3 years ago! That said it’s is well worth a watch though for any fan of the 2018 game and Ragnorok who likes their behind the scenes/making off type documentaries.

Having finished the main story and most of the post end game, the narrative journey they have created here is really suburb and for a brand like Sony that’s known for this genre of game, meeting the anticipated expectations is one thing but clearing the bar like a Chris Waddle penalty is something quite impressive.
Boston Strong. JTF96.  YNWA

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #212 on: November 23, 2022, 05:51:08 pm »
Mother of God this final act is jaw dropping so far.

Tip for anyone who doesn't do this when the score warrants it, turn the SFX Volume down to <5 but leave the Music Volume at 10.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: November 24, 2022, 10:50:37 am »
Fastest selling first party launch game in Playstation history with 5.1 million copies sold in the first week.

And people wonder why Sony don't put their games on PS Plus day one like Xbox do.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: November 28, 2022, 06:28:53 pm »
What a game Ragnarok was. Only complaint was perhaps the pacing of the story was a bit weird, but other than that it's a complete package.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 2, 2022, 02:51:43 am »

I hate to be ‘that guy’ but ‘Raising Kratos’ came out 3 years ago! That said it’s is well worth a watch though for any fan of the 2018 game and Ragnorok who likes their behind the scenes/making off type documentaries.

Having finished the main story and most of the post end game, the narrative journey they have created here is really suburb and for a brand like Sony that’s known for this genre of game, meeting the anticipated expectations is one thing but clearing the bar like a Chris Waddle penalty is something quite impressive.

oh ffs  ;D

be that guy, not a problem at all mate - i book marked it to watch later (which i did, bit disappointing in some respects but very good in others) and totally forgot i posted it as a ragnorak item on here

glad you caught it and gave a head's up to others

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2022, 07:02:47 pm »
I usually always start a new game on medium difficulty but decided to start this on "Show me no Mercy" (next to toughest).  Played 30 mins or so and enjoying it.

Before I get too far in, is this difficulty challenging enough not to be brutal?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: December 19, 2022, 01:29:44 pm »
Quiet in here guys.  Are any RAWKites at all playing this same time as me?  :(

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 19, 2022, 01:34:38 pm »
Well I'm done with the story and the side quests so don't want to spoil anything for you!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #219 on: December 19, 2022, 01:35:23 pm »
I just finished the main story.

At first I was a bit annoyed at how much of it was cut scenes etc. I wanted to get into it.

Once it opened up and I could explore it really was brilliant. I'd still like a few more puzzle bits as the old ones were good with that.

Spoiler
Just got the berserkers and the post story bits to do now and collect what I can be bothered!
[close]
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 19, 2022, 02:02:59 pm »
I find myself totally exploring every area during the main quest.  As I am a Platinum Trophy hunter, I try and get as many collectables (ravens, chests, Lore, artefacts etc) as I can on the first run though.

Playing on next to hardest difficulty is quite challenging but good as it makes some combat situations quite strategic rather than just hack and slash.

It does seem VERY similar to the first GOW I must admit.   Although I don't think "parry" was as prominent (if at all) in Ragnarok's predecessor.  Being a Dark Souls junkie the parry mechanic is a great addition.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2022, 02:56:56 pm »
Killing those ravens is actually tied into something else once you start exploring after the main story is done.

I ignored it during my first playthrough

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2022, 03:38:14 pm »
Killing those ravens is actually tied into something else once you start exploring after the main story is done.

I ignored it during my first playthrough

Getting the timing right on a long range Raven kill is quite satisfying :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 23, 2022, 01:38:47 pm »
Some painfully long cut scenes in this.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #224 on: January 7, 2023, 11:43:31 am »
Had a rare couple of hours to play last night having not had much chance to get stuck into the game since getting it for Christmas. Did not expect to spend those two hours trotting round on a cow picking fruit. Fuck me. Whoever thought that section as Atreus  was a good idea needs shooting.

No idea why they've added excruciatingly long periods of the game where you don't play as Kratos. Reminds me of the awful Cirii/MJ sections of The Witcher and Spiderman. This kind of thing never works for me and I'm always wanting to rush through to get back to the main character.

Loving every other part of the game so far although don't feel like I've been given much chance to explore yet. Hopefully it opens up a bit soon

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 7, 2023, 02:43:25 pm »
I’ve got to a point where I literally have zero idea of the storyline. Whenever I hit a cut scene now, I go off and make a brew and a butty etc.  eat it and get back to the tv to catch the end of the cut scene.

Anyone playing this with a PhD in Norse mythology will be fine.

Really enjoying the boss fights and exploration though.  Some of the realms look absolutely magnificent too.

I notice there are no “difficulty” trophies to achieve platinum, so safe to see this will be my only run through.

Looking forward to getting the Main story over with then enjoy the environment and pick off the collectibles and do the tough Beserker fights which are very challenging but so much fun.

Game of the year 2022? Not for me like.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: January 7, 2023, 03:42:28 pm »
Honestly, if you haven't done too many side quests, the post-game exploration is basically a whole entire game, Vanaheim especially

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 7, 2023, 04:02:14 pm »
Honestly, if you haven't done too many side quests, the post-game exploration is basically a whole entire game, Vanaheim especially

I have done nearly every side quest that has come my way so far mate.  Love them.  Some of the mini-boss battles associated with the side quests are ace. Having to return to the main quest never really excites me.

Recently battled mini-boss "Ormstunga" during the "Lost Treasure" favour side quest.  Took some beating that little lizard bastard did, but so satisfying when he went down. :)

I know it sounds like I am totally slagging the game off.  Not at all, I suppose I am just picking on the main story arc.  Trudging around on cows accompanied by annoying NPC's or watching Kratos wistfully stare into the distance for excruciatingly longer than necessary.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: January 7, 2023, 04:05:43 pm »
Lol no I agree. The Atrus stuff dragged on and on

I'll play through it again once they release New Game+ I think.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: January 7, 2023, 04:12:23 pm »

I'll play through it again once they release New Game+ I think.

I was hoping for a trophy for completing the game on the max difficulty.  I originally planned to do this on NG+

If there was an option to skip those pesky cut scenes, I'd do another quick run though on "Give me God of War" difficulty.   Or maybe even just restart the game.

Alas, no.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: January 7, 2023, 04:55:03 pm »
I might be wrong, but in the previous game too you could only skip the cutscenes in New Game+

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 7, 2023, 05:06:15 pm »
I might be wrong, but in the previous game too you could only skip the cutscenes in New Game+

Ah ok.  Hopefully they release a patch or dlc with Ng+ soon.

Think I also may be underestimating just how difficult the max difficulty is.  There's a reddit thread and the consensus indicates its pretty brutal as Kratos gets one-shotted often, regardless of what armour or health he has.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2023, 09:18:46 am »
I don't think I'll ever NG+ this just because I don't think I could sit through the Atreus sections again. Playing as him is so bad.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 12, 2023, 02:21:36 pm »
I don't think I'll ever NG+ this just because I don't think I could sit through the Atreus sections again. Playing as him is so bad.

Totally agree. I wont be playing through this again. The story is SO SO bad.

I am really enjoying the side quests though and fighting the mini bosses that are not part of the main quest.  Some of the bastards are really tough and i refuse to drop my difficulty down from "Give me no Mercy"

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: January 12, 2023, 04:39:45 pm »
Totally agree. I wont be playing through this again. The story is SO SO bad.

I am really enjoying the side quests though and fighting the mini bosses that are not part of the main quest.  Some of the bastards are really tough and i refuse to drop my difficulty down from "Give me no Mercy"

to be honest I'm not a big story guy when it comes to games so I barely pay attention to cut scenes and dialogue most the time. Gameplay is all that matters to me and when I'm playing as Kratos it's fantastic and doesn't really get old so to me, it's a weird choice to have so much of the gameplay away from him.

Also, you're a braver more patient man than me, I played about an hour on no mercy and had to lower it back down to balanced. Felt like I was getting one shotted constantly

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #235 on: January 12, 2023, 08:39:33 pm »
Brilliant game I thought. Haven't done all the side quests but a good portion, playtime of about 40 hours so far. Epic music, good combat, Christopher Judge killed it again. It was great to see Kratos' character develop as a father over both games.

If there's a negative I'd say the skill tree for the weapons and levelling the weapons and armour in general, I dunno..just didn't feel like I utilised the unlocks very well
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 08:42:22 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #236 on: January 15, 2023, 04:38:57 pm »
I was absolutely loving this but have got distracted by Witcher 3 for next gen.

Just got to see the squirrel outside the dwarves house.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: January 18, 2023, 02:56:12 am »
Just platinumed this after 65 hours or so, only other plat being Bloodborne. Great game (first since TLOU2 that I paid full price for) and loved doing as many side quests as I could before finishing off the main story. Between this and Elden Ring for my GOTY.

That said I think gameplay wise the next GoW really needs to open up the levels/combat/movement a bit, the levels look huge but just hides some narrow corridors where Kratos can't move past knee high obstacles. Taking a note from ER and including a jump button will be very welcome, hopefully not being constrained by PS4 hardware will make that a lot easier.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 24, 2023, 07:34:42 pm »
Spoiler
Svipdagr and those cnut Ilska sisters can kiss my backside
[close]

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: January 31, 2023, 01:35:30 pm »
I've long since finished the main story path and now mopping up all the collectibles

Just need to do the 15 x Muspelheim Trials and the Berserker Bosses.

Done the first 6 or 7 Trials without breaking sweat.  Currently on the "Shield Breaker" Challenge and finding it surprisingly difficult. :no

Playing on "Give Me No Mercy" level.  Refuse to drop it down a level.