Author Topic: Maggie May's Recipe A Day  (Read 152145 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Share your favourite receipes
« Reply #1080 on: November 9, 2021, 11:44:33 am »
My favourite butty

Two slices of brown seeded bread

Some cheese
Some Fish Fingers
Some Chillies
Sweetcorn
Ketchup

Cook the fish fingers and place the chillies on top. When they are nearly ready, also place some cheese on top so it melts a bit
Cook the sweetcorn until crisp but cooked

Pop the toast in the toaster for 20 seconds (So it's slightly toasted, but not hard)

Put the fishfingers on the bread with the warm cheese - on top of that, put the chillies on and Add ketchup

Add cold cheese onto the warm cheese so that it melts in and stops the chillies and sweetcorn escaping

Add a bit more ketchup to taste and the top piece of bread

Slice and enjoy.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
Re: Share your favourite receipes
« Reply #1081 on: November 9, 2021, 01:20:08 pm »
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=204101.0

There is this thread that I would love to be revived!

Lazy boy here didn't spot that - my bad

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Maggie May's Recipe A Day
« Reply #1082 on: November 10, 2021, 07:18:00 pm »

Going to kick things off with a bit of a comfort food one - Burnsinho's Special Mac n Cheese

Ingredients

Macaroni - 300-400g
1 pint double cream
Cheddar
Gouda
Gruyere ...

However many portions there are, bang them back in the pan with a splash of milk and heat to get the perfect consistency on the sauce
Whilst stirring it, add the super secret ingredient - love...wait not love...what is it...of shit yeah, spiced rum!
Throw in a shot of spiced rum for each portion as it gives it a vanilla taste and some warmth.

Season with S+P to your taste
Serve the fucker!

It sounds delicious although I'm not making it  ;D

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1083 on: December 19, 2021, 08:57:10 pm »
Had a chicken carcass after cutting out the breast, wings, legs. Mostly bone with scraps of meat.

One pot, one bowl chicken pasta

Chicken carcass
Carrots, edamame beans, sweetcorn, peas (all dehydrated)
Pasta

Flavourings:
Seasoning, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar, various herbs
1/2 chicken stock cube (Lidl)
Oil (I used ghee which I had spare)

Utensils:
Instant pot
Bowl

Sear chicken with oil
Deglaze pot with water, add stock cube
Pressure cook for 10 minutes, natural depressure for 5 minutes before manual release
Take out chicken and transfer to bowl
Add pasta, dried veg, seasoning & herbs to liquid
Pressure cook for 5 minutes, natural depressure for 10 minutes before manual release
Whilst waiting for pasta to cook, pick out meat from chicken carcass and discard the bones
Stir meat into pasta
Serve in bowl

Washing up to do:
Inner pot
Bowl you ate in
Dish you picked chicken meat into
Wooden spoon
Spoon you ate with
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1084 on: November 29, 2022, 02:37:36 pm »
Bump.

It's winter, times are tough. Let's have your favourite winter warmers.

If I see brisket on offer, I'll get a load of it, trim off bits of fat and gristle then slow cook it with some roughly sliced onions and some stock which can be thickened and made into gravy.

After about 6-8 hours on low, it makes great hot beef sandwiches and is great with mash and veg. I also put some aside out of the gravy and make beef and blue cheese pasta which doesn't sound like it should work but it does.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: November 29, 2022, 05:48:19 pm »
Slow cooked Lamb

Lamb Shoulder (1kg joint is about £7.99 in Aldi). Cut it off the bone and then dice (or you can buy ready diced lamb)
Tin of chick peas
2 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, halved and sliced
5 garlic cloves, crushed
thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp chili powder
pinch turmeric
1 tbsp tomato purée
600ml hot beef stock or lamb stock
1 tbsp honey
80g pitted black olives
Sea Salt
Black Pepper

Set the slow cooker to its low setting

Heat half the oil in a pan and brown the lamb in manageable qtys, transferring each lot to the slow cooker as you go.
Add the remaining oil and the onions to the pan and cook for 8-10 mins until softened.
Add the garlic and ginger and stir for 1-2 mins, then add the spices, tomato purée and honey.
Heat it through, then add to the slow cooker.
Put some cold water in the pan, just a bit and swirl around the pan, to pick up the juices left, then pour into the slow cooker
Add the stock and chick peas. Season with sea salt and ground black pepper, cover and cook for 6-8 hrs.

Once the meat is properly tender (about 7 1/2 hrs for me), turn the slow cooker to high. Add the olives and cook for about 30 mins.

Serve with couscous or rice.

I've only cooked it once with chick peas and they were decent. Next time I'm going to replace them with butter beans, probably add them for the last 30 mins.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1086 on: November 29, 2022, 05:59:11 pm »
My easy Chili Con Carne. I tend to cook this in the morning, leave it to sit for a few hours then finish off later on.

500g 5% fat mice from Aldi
Red or Orange Pepper (thinly sliced)
Onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (crushed then chopped)
Cumin
Smoked Parika
Chili Powder
Chili Flakes
Tin Chopped Tomatoes
Tomato Puree
500ml of Beef Stock (Oxo or a stock cube - Aldi do a decent one)
Glass of Red Wine
Honey

Kidney Beans or Taco Beans (Aldi)
Rice
Oil for frying (I use veg oil)

Brown the mince and set aside.
Fry the peppers, onions and garlic until soft.
Add a bit squirt of Tomato puree, the tin of tomatoes, couple of tablespoons of honey, a good sprinkling of cumin, chili powder, paprika and chili flakes and give it a good stir. Season with Sea Salt and Black Pepper
Add the stock and wine, give it a big stir and bring to the boil. Reduce to a slow simmer and cook for about 2 hours. After about 45 mins, taste and add chili/cumin as you see fit until you get the heat that you want.

After 2 hours, or later on if you've let it sit, throw the kidney beans into a microwaveable tub (with their juice) and cook for about 2 mins to soften them a bit. Then drain and add to the chili. Bring the heat to a bubble, then lower to a simmer.

Cook the rice as per the packet and serve the lot.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 07:24:43 pm by robbed1966kidsbikesoffsanta »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: November 29, 2022, 06:49:18 pm »
^ both sound good Rob, think I’ll try that lamb one. Mrs A is chilli queen in ours, but a massive pan of chilli is great, always worth doing a load and freezing it.

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1088 on: November 29, 2022, 07:11:51 pm »
My easy Chili Con Carne. I tend to cook this in the morning, leave it to sit for a few hours then finish off later on.

500g 5% fat mice from Aldi

:o

I know times are hard right now but they are selling  Mice at Aldi!!!
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: November 29, 2022, 07:16:30 pm »
I know times are hard right now but they are selling  Mice at Aldi!!!

;D

Yeah, you get them round the back

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1090 on: November 29, 2022, 07:17:24 pm »
Oven baked pork chops [based on using 2 chops, can add in more chops, or just a single chop] cooked in stock

Teaspoon of olive oil, & spread over the chops, so spices stick on

Add too the chops a pinch of
Salt
Coarse black peppercorns
Cajun seasoning
Smoked paprika
Mixed herbs
Leaf parsley

Or add in you're own herbs & spices of choice.

Best season the chops overnight, or early morning, allow the flavours to marinade perfectly

For the stock, chicken stock brings a nice sweetness to balance out the herbs & spices, i tend to use chicken bovril, make about a cup of stock, or at least enough to cover the chops, & keep the chops moist when cooking.

Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/6, 180 to 200 degrees

Place chops in a roasting tin, & pour the stock over them, then cover with foil, & cook in the middle shelf for about 70 minutes, turning over halfway, may be quicker cooking time with some ovens.

Thicken the stock to a gravy

When done, remove the chops from the roasting tin, & fry the ends of the chops to make the fat crispy, & serve with roast potatoes, veg, or whatever else you like, then add the gravy
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 07:18:55 pm by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: November 29, 2022, 07:25:29 pm »
^ both sound good Rob, think I’ll try that lamb one. Mrs A is chilli queen in ours, but a massive pan of chilli is great, always worth doing a load and freezing it.

I've been making chicken fajitas for tea and while that was cooking, got a chili started for tomorrow nights tea.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1092 on: November 30, 2022, 04:47:18 pm »
Has anyone bought an air fryer?

Are they really worth it?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1093 on: November 30, 2022, 05:59:00 pm »

I bought a tower one from Amazon, 4.5 ltr I think it is and its great for doing the kids teas, wedges chicken, burgers stuff like that. Not really tried anything like the stuff I'd do on the hob, not really had time to really look at what you can and can't do.

her sister has a ninja and uses that for nearly everything.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1094 on: November 30, 2022, 06:00:01 pm »

We use ours almost every day. Chicken, fish, potatoes, vegetables. Really worth it for us.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1095 on: November 30, 2022, 08:29:30 pm »
Got a Tefal one two years ago.

Makes a nice kitchen ornament.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1096 on: December 1, 2022, 09:41:29 am »
We use ours almost every day. Chicken, fish, potatoes, vegetables. Really worth it for us.

Same. I think they’re great and some stuff cooks much better in there than in my normal oven. For example corn on the cob. It is great how quickly they pre-heat.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Online Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1097 on: December 1, 2022, 09:50:58 am »

Absolutely there are.  Had mine for around 3 years now.  Cooks most stuff in half the time and at a lower temperature for a lot of stuff.  Use it most days. 

I usually half the cooking time stated, and knock off around 10 degrees.  If it's not quite done, just cook a bit longer.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1098 on: December 1, 2022, 09:52:35 am »
Same. I think they’re great and some stuff cooks much better in there than in my normal oven. For example corn on the cob. It is great how quickly they pre-heat.

I love baked spuds done in mine.  I usually microwave them first, brush with olive oil and then air fry them to crisp them up.  So good.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: December 1, 2022, 09:57:54 am »
Use my air fryer more than I use my cooker. Better on the energy bills too it appears.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1100 on: December 2, 2022, 11:27:44 am »
Got a Tefal one two years ago.

Makes a nice kitchen ornament.

Ditto, though I think it was three years ago.  Just couldn't figure it out. It's in landfill now.
Annoying they are over £100 to replace, as could use one for a week or two whilst our kitchen is being refurbed.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1101 on: December 2, 2022, 11:41:36 am »
Ditto, though I think it was three years ago.  Just couldn't figure it out. It's in landfill now.
Annoying they are over £100 to replace, as could use one for a week or two whilst our kitchen is being refurbed.

:o
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1102 on: December 2, 2022, 12:09:15 pm »
Many Christmases ago my ex-wife2 and I invented a cocktail
2 parts Bacardi
1 part Sambuca
2 parts Coke

Called it a Black Samba.  Its lovely

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #1103 on: December 2, 2022, 12:48:26 pm »
I had this as a break fast dish at a hotel but it works great as a light no meat dinner

quinoa cooked
mixed veges sliced up (I used mushrooms and spinach, the breakfast place had spinach and red peppers)

fry up some veges in bags of butter until the veges get to the softness you want then dump in the quinoa which you have just finished cooking. Continue cooking for a while. The butter gives it a good color and taste.

Serve on a plate or bowl. Then put a lightly fired egg on top. The runny yolk soaks into the mixture and makes it all delicous.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: December 2, 2022, 01:13:59 pm »
Dead easy one

Large pack of boneless, skinless chicken thighs (2 or 3 each person)
Pack of streaky bacon (Tesco have the cheapest)
Pack of garlic & herb Philadelphia (frequently on offer in supermarkets; Boursin is a little better if you're feeling flushed)

1) Open out chicken thighs and trim off any 'undesirable bits'
2) Divide cheese between the thighs
3) Close up around the cheese
4) Wrap in two bacon rashers per thigh
5) place in roasting tin, cover with foil, roast on 180c/gas 4 for around 30-40 mins
6) There'll be a fair bit of 'juice' created so remove, pour 'juice' into a jug
7) leave foil off and return to oven for another 10-15 mis until bacon is crisp

For cheat's gravy/sauce, place 4/5 heaped dessert spoons of chicken gravy granules in a jug. Top the jug of chicken/bacon/cheese juice up to around 600-750ml with boiling water. Pour onto the granules and stir for a minute. If too thick, add more boiling water.

Serve with veg (steamed broccoli goes well) and choice of potatoes.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1105 on: December 2, 2022, 01:18:44 pm »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1107 on: December 2, 2022, 01:57:29 pm »

Yes definitely,we use ours every day almost,but don't buy one with a round basket,get a dual one from Aldi if you can,then break it after 2yrs 11 months,get your money back and buy a new one  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #1108 on: December 2, 2022, 11:08:18 pm »
Nice simple xmas cake for ya...  8)

150 gms of butter/marj .. (room temp)
150 gms sugar .. (any will do-dark brown best)
2 eggs
225 gms self raising flour
1 jar of mincemeat 400 gms

Extra bits if you want to.... 50 gms sultanas - glug of whiskey

Oven on at 160 c ... mix butter & sugar, then add 2 eggs... then mix in flour, jar mincemeat..... (sultanas and or whiskey if using)
put into any oven tin or dish and cook for 1hr 15 mins... ish (poke it with a scewer or summat to check its cooked inside-comes out clean)
let it cool for 20 mins... should keep for 10 days..  ;)
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1109 on: December 3, 2022, 12:31:46 pm »

2 eggs

Oven on at 160 c ... mix butter & sugar, then add 2 eggs... then mix in flour, jar mincemeat..... (sultanas and or whiskey if using)
put into any oven tin or dish and cook for 1hr 15 mins... ish (poke it with a scewer or summat to check its cooked inside-comes out clean)
That's the first recipe from this thread that I'll do. Once we get an oven!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1110 on: December 3, 2022, 01:01:25 pm »
That's the first recipe from this thread that I'll do. Once we get an oven!

I’m doing it too  ;D

Photos on here !

Online Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1111 on: December 3, 2022, 02:26:33 pm »

2 eggs

I had a similar recipe years ago and had mislaid it - so thank you very much for this.  I'm definataly going to make this.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #1112 on: December 3, 2022, 07:56:17 pm »
I had a similar recipe years ago and had mislaid it - so thank you very much for this.  I'm definataly going to make this.
Your Welcome...  8)  .. if the mixture looks a bit thick... add a little milk... it should just about drop off the spoon..
if you want to... the whiskey can be added when cake is cooling, by poking some holes on the top and just teaspoon whiskey over the top...  ::)
« Last Edit: December 3, 2022, 07:59:00 pm by hixxstar »
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: December 3, 2022, 08:24:27 pm »
These air fryers then is it dry only food or can you do stews or casserole type meals?

Pasta, rice, veg?  Could I do a spag bol in one or stuff like oven chips and garlic bread?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: December 3, 2022, 08:32:05 pm »
These air fryers then is it dry only food or can you do stews or casserole type meals?

Pasta, rice, veg?  Could I do a spag bol in one or stuff like oven chips and garlic bread?

I don't have one but it's essentially designed to mimic deep frying, but without the need to submerge the food in oil, so I would say oven chips yes, spag bol no.

Though as a Scot, the concept of deep fried spag bol intrigues me.  ;D

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1115 on: December 3, 2022, 08:33:28 pm »
I don't have one but it's essentially designed to mimic deep frying, but without the need to submerge the food in oil, so I would say oven chips yes, spag bol no.

Though as a Scot, the concept of deep fried spag bol intrigues me.  ;D

So considering we don't deep fry anything it would be a waste of time for us?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1116 on: December 3, 2022, 08:40:51 pm »
So considering we don't deep fry anything it would be a waste of time for us?

I wouldn't say that. I never deep fry anything either at home, because it's a pain in the arse and uses a shit ton of oil. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want to get the benefits of deep fryinh without those downsides.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1117 on: December 3, 2022, 08:49:58 pm »
I wouldn't say that. I never deep fry anything either at home, because it's a pain in the arse and uses a shit ton of oil. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want to get the benefits of deep fryinh without those downsides.

But what would you want deep frying if you don't deep fry things normally?

I get that oven chips would work or roast taties and other roasted veg but I'd be roasting a joint in the oven anyway if I was cooking those and I don't think I'd want a joint deep fried?

Fried chicken yes but I'd only do that maybe twice a year.

I'm disappointed if it's not worth getting one as reading posts saying people use theirs everyday and how economical they are got me interested.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1118 on: December 3, 2022, 08:57:57 pm »
But what would you want deep frying if you don't deep fry things normally?

I get that oven chips would work or roast taties and other roasted veg but I'd be roasting a joint in the oven anyway if I was cooking those and I don't think I'd want a joint deep fried?

Fried chicken yes but I'd only do that maybe twice a year.

I'm disappointed if it's not worth getting one as reading posts saying people use theirs everyday and how economical they are got me interested.

I guess the point is that it gets that crispy browning effect that you get with deep frying (technically called the Maillard reaction). So anything you want that effect could work.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1119 on: December 3, 2022, 09:00:25 pm »
I guess the point is that it gets that crispy browning effect that you get with deep frying (technically called the Maillard reaction). So anything you want that effect could work.

Ah well no point wasting the cash then but thanks for the explanation.

Sorry for disrupting the thread folks 🤦