Author Topic: Things you find..weird  (Read 61853 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Things you find..weird
« Reply #120 on: July 8, 2022, 12:47:38 pm »
Similar to when you engage a team-member in small talk on their hobby just to be polite and humour them, then they bring stuff in for you related to it. One woman who used to work for me on more than one occasion brought in some Harry Potter merchandise to show me after I asked her about her trip to HP world and she mistook my politeness for avid interest, of which there was none.

Adults who go to theme parks, unless chaperoning their kids, are weird.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: July 8, 2022, 05:03:55 pm »
Watches, specifically expensive ones. Don't get it.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2022, 09:49:04 pm »
People with those super realistic baby dolls. Extremely creepy.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2022, 10:00:57 pm »
Watches, specifically expensive ones. Don't get it.

Especially now that their primary purpose is pretty obsolete. Can't remember the last time I last saw someone check their watch for the time instead of their phone or computer or whatever.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2022, 10:23:17 pm »
My watch is only a running GPS/smart watch thingy but I check that before I check my phone, out of habit.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2022, 10:49:33 pm »
Especially now that their primary purpose is pretty obsolete. Can't remember the last time I last saw someone check their watch for the time instead of their phone or computer or whatever.

I always check my watch, due to living over 25 years before mobile phones even became a thing. Its a damn site quicker than pissing about with a phone too.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2022, 11:37:51 pm »
I always wear a watch, have done since I was a kid and it feels weird without one, although I did get out of the habit wfh during Covid. Also it's easier to have a sneaky look at the time if you're needing to get away from someone than to check a phone. ;D I do often do that thing where I look at my watch out of habit but don't really take in the actual time though, and then have to look again a few seconds later.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2022, 01:27:31 am »
I always wear a watch, have done since I was a kid and it feels weird without one, although I did get out of the habit wfh during Covid. Also it's easier to have a sneaky look at the time if you're needing to get away from someone than to check a phone. ;D I do often do that thing where I look at my watch out of habit but don't really take in the actual time though, and then have to look again a few seconds later.
during meetings, I used to place my watch upright on the table in front of me so I could easily see it without being noticed - useful to know how much of your life is draining away and to know when to bail (if possible).  a great trick I learned from my boss. 

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2022, 10:21:33 pm »
Can someone explain Hasbulla to me?

Who is he? Why is it so funny to so many?

What does he do?

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2022, 12:21:44 am »
How reliant people are on their mobiles. Fucking baffles me. I regularly leave the house without mine, and I don’t give a shite when I realise. Even me mates know to message my wife when they need to speak to “Soft Shite who doesn’t answer his phone”.

Genuinely don’t get how/why people need to send 500 texts a day, or comment/ like their “socials” even more often. Get a real life you blerts.

Worlds gone fucking mad.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2022, 03:35:11 am »
How reliant people are on their mobiles. Fucking baffles me. I regularly leave the house without mine, and I don’t give a shite when I realise. Even me mates know to message my wife when they need to speak to “Soft Shite who doesn’t answer his phone”

;D

So, instead of using your phone, you relay on your wife using hers?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 04:02:20 am by redbyrdz »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2022, 11:15:56 am »
People who vote Tory. Takes a really special kind of c*nt to want kids to starve, that want the NHS to fail and want the country to become a hateful cesspit.

Over the years I have known some Tories that I called friends. Fucked every single one of the hateful c*nts off and my life has been so much better since.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2022, 12:04:42 pm »
I find this genuinely weird...
I plug my Iphone charger into my phone; doesn't work.
I take it out and turn it over; still doesn't work.
Take it out again and turn it over to the first side I tried; starts charging  ???

I used to get my chargers from the market but got sick of them stopping working after a bit, so I decided to get a genuine charger from Apple stores instead. I am still having the same issues having paid a lot more for a genuine charger. Like you though after saying its incompatible it then begins to charge as normal anyway.  :no
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2022, 12:10:47 pm »
A pet rabbit escaped from a house down the road last night. My (adult) kids were out trying to catch it so I wandered down to see what they were doing. Next thing a cat wanders out, clocks the rabbit and goes nuts. The rabbit pegs it, the cat legs after it down the road, as it gets close the rabbit does a u-turn and leaves the cat on its arse. The rabbit starts legging it back towards me with the cat in pursuit again. The rabbit bombs past me fast as fuck, so I prevent the cat from getting past me. The cat swerves in to a garden and tries to get round me a different way so I block it again and chase it up the road.

Fucking hell, it was mad. Never in my life have I seen a cat chase a rabbit up a road, funny as fuck :)

The rabbit hid under a couple of different cars while we tried to entice it out with carrots.

In the end we couldn't catch it, even though a load of people from another house came out to help, so gave up. Some of the neighbours are going to go out today and find bits of carrot all over their drive and wonder what the fuck has been happening.

I have only just caught up with this, so funny. I hope the rabbit made it back inside.  ;D

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2022, 12:13:34 pm »
I used to get my chargers from the market but got sick of them stopping working after a bit, so I decided to get a genuine charger from Apple stores instead. I am still having the same issues having paid a lot more for a genuine charger. Like you though after saying its incompatible it then begins to charge as normal anyway.  :no

Have you tried cleaning the socket part with a small needle , find if you put it in your pocket then you can get a bit of a build up of fibres

https://youtu.be/tI9t_-t7dhM
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 12:15:40 pm by gazzam1963 »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2022, 12:15:09 pm »
Have you tried cleaning the socket part with a small needle , find if you put it in your pocket then you can get a bit of a build up of fibres

I haven't thanks for the tip, I will give it a try.  :)

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2022, 12:16:37 pm »
I haven't thanks for the tip, I will give it a try.  :)

If it works then you can post in the I never knew that thread 😀

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2022, 12:16:59 pm »
If it works then you can post in the I never knew that thread 😀

;D

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #138 on: August 2, 2022, 07:21:23 pm »
Billericay is in Essex, and not Ireland.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #139 on: August 2, 2022, 07:37:02 pm »
County Durham is in England, not Ireland (used to confuse me when I’d hear it mentioned on the News as a kid).

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #140 on: August 2, 2022, 07:53:27 pm »
Can someone explain Hasbulla to me?

Who is he? Why is it so funny to so many?

What does he do?
Are they not the fellas in Palestine and Lebanon? You're right though - they're not particularly funny.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 2, 2022, 08:03:39 pm »
Are they not the fellas in Palestine and Lebanon? You're right though - they're not particularly funny.
He's from Dagestan. They find him funny for all the wrong reasons, because he's a 19 year old with a growth condition so he will always look like that, but people treat him like a child. Have to admit though his laugh is brilliant.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #142 on: August 2, 2022, 08:45:55 pm »
America is the world's largest, most advanced economy, but they pay with cheques and cash.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: August 2, 2022, 08:58:22 pm »
People who announce they are boyfriend and girlfriend. Thought it was only a Love Island thing, but it seems to have made it into the real world.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: August 3, 2022, 02:08:21 am »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #145 on: August 3, 2022, 03:07:43 am »
Dungeness is in Kent not Scotland
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: August 3, 2022, 11:24:08 am »

And it isn't on the coast - sounds so much like a seaside town.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #147 on: August 3, 2022, 11:29:41 am »
People who announce they are boyfriend and girlfriend. Thought it was only a Love Island thing, but it seems to have made it into the real world.

Well now facebook isn't as popular, you can't change your status to let everyone know.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: August 3, 2022, 11:30:59 am »
Dungeness is in Kent not Scotland

The one that threw me most - Leeds castle isn't in Leeds!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: August 3, 2022, 01:45:51 pm »

Missus commented on this the other week while watching Love Island - for us arl farts, you just started seeing someone and then after a bit, if they weren't doing your head in, that was just how it was, but you never announced it.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: August 3, 2022, 11:32:25 pm »
Ron Howard is only 68. I would have guessed 82.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 4, 2022, 12:05:21 am »
Went to put some diesel in the car earlier. First time I've used this particular garage. All the usual bits at it. Pay at the pump, car wash, air, water.....and a self service launderette.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #152 on: August 4, 2022, 12:31:36 am »
And it isn't on the coast - sounds so much like a seaside town.

Speaking of which, Seacroft is a suburb of Leeds, West Yorkshire, & nowhere near the sea.

There is a district in Bury, Greater Manchester called Jericho, & yes there is a Church in Jericho. ;D
#Sausages

Offline gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #153 on: August 4, 2022, 06:15:58 am »

https://youtu.be/tI9t_-t7dhM

I tried with a needle a few years back, ended up shorting the charging port on an iPhone, the battery life went down to approx 3hrs after full charge.
Try a plastic or wooden cocktail stick.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 4, 2022, 07:44:43 am »
Went to put some diesel in the car earlier. First time I've used this particular garage. All the usual bits at it. Pay at the pump, car wash, air, water.....and a self service launderette.

We have them here on Anglesey though it's in a Spar carpark rather than a petrol station. 

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #155 on: August 4, 2022, 12:19:08 pm »
The one that threw me most - Leeds castle isn't in Leeds!

Haha that always got me as well, how is it possibly in Kent

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #156 on: August 4, 2022, 12:28:55 pm »
We have them here on Anglesey though it's in a Spar carpark rather than a petrol station. 

Yeah, we've got one outside Morrisons!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #157 on: August 4, 2022, 12:53:49 pm »
Adults who go to theme parks, unless chaperoning their kids, are weird.

I’ve taken my kids to Disney a couple of times. Quickly realised that it’s not for dad. Never been so bored.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #158 on: August 4, 2022, 12:55:55 pm »
To be fair Disney isn't really for adults, especially the main one (Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot are a bit more). But the ones with the big rollercoasters, in this country too, are pretty much for adults.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #159 on: August 4, 2022, 01:03:25 pm »
Went to Disneyland Paris with the kids once. Served my time watching the parades and going on the shit rises and then queued like a loser on my own to go in Space Mountain (or is that where United play?). Did feel a bit of a twat and just rode it in silence because would have been even weirder to woop on your own.

Maybe Howard has a point. :D