Author Topic: Loan Watch 2018-2019  (Read 181457 times)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Loan Watch 2018-2019
« Reply #360 on: November 5, 2018, 10:30:30 am »
Have no idea if he will be good enough but it would be nice to have a left footed midfielder to call on to add a balance to the side

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #361 on: November 5, 2018, 12:48:22 pm »
Is Ings worth being included into this thread? He's officially a Southampton player as of Summer, so basically an Ex-player now I'd have thought. Nice to see him getting back in the goals there though, it's what he needed at this point.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #362 on: November 6, 2018, 05:03:02 pm »
Marko Grujic is back in full training now with Hertha BSC. So maybe there will be a chance he'll be in their squad at the weekend for their game away at Fortuna Düsseldorf.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: November 7, 2018, 06:33:51 pm »
Can we recall Harry Wilson.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #364 on: November 7, 2018, 07:00:03 pm »
Can we recall Harry Wilson.

Probably could in January, but then not sure why we would? Unless it’s to sell on permanently in January too.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: November 7, 2018, 07:04:25 pm »
Probably could in January, but then not sure why we would? Unless it’s to sell on permanently in January too.

To play him in the team mate, he’s clearly good enough.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: November 7, 2018, 09:42:14 pm »
To play him in the team mate, he’s clearly good enough.

Ahead of who exactly?  ;D

He’s clearly good enough for Derby right now
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: November 7, 2018, 09:44:09 pm »
Ahead of who exactly?  ;D

He’s clearly good enough for Derby right now

I don’t get your question, Origi got a game yesterday ahead of who?

He’s good enough for the PL, probably why he has had great moments against two top 6 Pl teams.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2018, 09:45:53 pm by Coolie High »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #368 on: November 7, 2018, 09:54:28 pm »
You’re probably right. But possibly wrong. One thing’s for certain. He has increased his chances in the last year. First by playing in the Championship rather than choosing the oblivion that is Scottish football. Second by playing extremely well (including two eye-catching games against Chelsea and Man Utd).

But even if he doesn’t make it at Liverpool, I’ll probably continue to watch his progress since he’s a lovely sight with the ball at his feet.

I was being extremely sarcastic sorry. I think he'll be here for the next 10 years.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: November 7, 2018, 09:55:01 pm »
I don’t get your question, Origi got a game yesterday ahead of who?

He’s good enough for the PL, probably why he has had great moments against two top 6 Pl teams.

Wilson?

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: November 7, 2018, 09:56:02 pm »

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #371 on: November 7, 2018, 11:06:09 pm »
I was being extremely sarcastic sorry. I think he'll be here for the next 10 years.

Red Star got to you, uh?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #372 on: November 7, 2018, 11:27:56 pm »
Red Star got to you, uh?

Nothing gets to me, I think he's a great talent who's going to come in next year and fight for a place in the squad. I'd recall him now if we could.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #373 on: November 8, 2018, 06:32:29 am »
Nothing gets to me, I think he's a great talent who's going to come in next year and fight for a place in the squad. I'd recall him now if we could.
Why? Here is a case of a young player who's reaping the benefits of a loan, growing up as a player and having a great outlook for the future. Versus Origi, who's bean on loans here and there and looks as no good prospect. But Origi is here with no chance of playing other than odd 10 min out of desperation. Why ruin a potentially good future for a brief questionable benefit?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: November 8, 2018, 08:08:40 am »
Why? Here is a case of a young player who's reaping the benefits of a loan, growing up as a player and having a great outlook for the future. Versus Origi, who's bean on loans here and there and looks as no good prospect. But Origi is here with no chance of playing other than odd 10 min out of desperation. Why ruin a potentially good future for a brief questionable benefit?

Exactly

Pretty sure he was literally the only attacking player we had on the bench at the time so we just thought fuck it, its 0-2 we might as well chuck him on. Wilsons doing well at Derby, there's always this conversation when someone's doing well out on loan.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #375 on: November 8, 2018, 09:47:09 am »
Recalling him would be a mistake for both the player and the club. He'd end up warming the bench which could affect his sell on value should he leave in the summer, as well as his development. I doubt he'd want to come back to player U23 football anyway.

If Derby go up, we could potentially loan him there again or maybe they'll throw £10/15m our way if we are lucky. That is if Klopp doesn't want to keep him, that is.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: November 8, 2018, 09:52:46 am »
If we’re not making any signings in January I wouldn’t mind recalling him because he is currently playing in positions where we are bemoaned for a lack of creativity.

Having another creative option on the bench who could score long range efforts, would automatically be the best set piece taker at this club penetrate with his dribbling, wouldn’t be a bad option, as someone who’s watched him for years his Derby loan hasn’t taught me anything that I didn’t already know, other than reaffirm he’s good enough to play here, but I had an inclination of that before he went on loan to Hull.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #377 on: November 8, 2018, 09:59:17 am »
You can't just recall players out on a season long loan.

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #378 on: November 9, 2018, 11:15:01 pm »
Woodburn not in the 18 for the Steel City derby tonight. How many minutes had he actually played for Sheff Utd this season? How's he going to benefit from a season of relative inactivity? At least the likes of Wilson, Kent & Ejaria are more involved.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #379 on: November 9, 2018, 11:29:58 pm »
Woodburn not in the 18 for the Steel City derby tonight. How many minutes had he actually played for Sheff Utd this season? How's he going to benefit from a season of relative inactivity? At least the likes of Wilson, Kent & Ejaria are more involved.

By all accounts he’s struggled to make an impact . Obviously hasn’t shown the manager enough in his cameo appearances or in training to warrant it which is slightly worrying but the fact they are near the top of the table has probably played a part as well - if others are performing then it’s difficult to warrant including him

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: November 11, 2018, 01:47:21 am »
If we’re not making any signings in January I wouldn’t mind recalling him because he is currently playing in positions where we are bemoaned for a lack of creativity.

Having another creative option on the bench who could score long range efforts, would automatically be the best set piece taker at this club penetrate with his dribbling, wouldn’t be a bad option, as someone who’s watched him for years his Derby loan hasn’t taught me anything that I didn’t already know, other than reaffirm he’s good enough to play here, but I had an inclination of that before he went on loan to Hull.

A few reasons why this simply wouldn’t and shouldn’t happen:
1.Contractually it would be really difficult to do I’m sure. Probably heavy penalties written into the contract if we did that
2. Future clubs would be wary of dealing with us for loans if we did that. We damage our credibility
3. Wouldn’t be fair to Derby. They should reap the benefits this season of their investment in his development
4 Most importantly it wouldn’t serve the players interests well. He’s getting regular game time at a top club. He wouldn’t even be making match day squads for us
5. We don’t need him. Our squad has good depth
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: November 11, 2018, 01:49:37 am »
By all accounts he’s struggled to make an impact . Obviously hasn’t shown the manager enough in his cameo appearances or in training to warrant it which is slightly worrying but the fact they are near the top of the table has probably played a part as well - if others are performing then it’s difficult to warrant including him

Very concerning he’s not getting proper game time at Sheffield Utd. Wish he’d gone up to Rangers to be honest - he’d be getting game time there and building confidence in a big club environment under one of our own.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: November 11, 2018, 02:01:00 am »
A few reasons why this simply wouldn’t and shouldn’t happen:
1.Contractually it would be really difficult to do I’m sure. Probably heavy penalties written into the contract if we did that
2. Future clubs would be wary of dealing with us for loans if we did that. We damage our credibility
3. Wouldn’t be fair to Derby. They should reap the benefits this season of their investment in his development
4 Most importantly it wouldn’t serve the players interests well. He’s getting regular game time at a top club. He wouldn’t even be making match day squads for us
5. We don’t need him. Our squad has good depth

Was speaking more hypothetically but can’t argue with the first three points, as for the last two points I definitely rate Wilson higher than you and maybe a lot of posters on this forum do, if he didn’t go Derby this season and stayed at our club training with the first team week in week out and getting the odd appearance I fail to see how he wouldn’t make an impression, we just happen to send him to Derby he could quite easily be playing in the premier league already and reasonably well at that.

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #383 on: November 11, 2018, 11:44:43 am »
If Woodburn isn’t getting game time we should recall him in Jan, but I’d keep Wilson at Derby for the full season and then reassess in the summer

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #384 on: November 11, 2018, 03:23:26 pm »
Herbie Kane scored both of Doncaster's goals in FAC R1 v Chorley. 2nd was an absolute pearler. His 1st 2 goals for them this season. Not sure if he's anywhere near the 1st team squad, but always good to see Reds doing well!!

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #385 on: November 11, 2018, 03:43:40 pm »
I believe he's started nearly all of Doncaster's games since he went there. Definitely a regular starter.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: November 11, 2018, 06:54:50 pm »
Was speaking more hypothetically but can’t argue with the first three points, as for the last two points I definitely rate Wilson higher than you and maybe a lot of posters on this forum do, if he didn’t go Derby this season and stayed at our club training with the first team week in week out and getting the odd appearance I fail to see how he wouldn’t make an impression, we just happen to send him to Derby he could quite easily be playing in the premier league already and reasonably well at that.

Rate him extremely highly mate, but the lad is getting the game time he needs at Derby. Next year he will hopefully get a solid preseason under his belt and make a push to be in first team squads. I think that’s a fair development plan for him.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: November 11, 2018, 09:17:33 pm »
Herbie Kane scored both of Doncaster's goals in FAC R1 v Chorley. 2nd was an absolute pearler. His 1st 2 goals for them this season. Not sure if he's anywhere near the 1st team squad, but always good to see Reds doing well!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46172104 great strike
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Andy2508

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #388 on: November 12, 2018, 12:05:48 pm »
I believe he's started nearly all of Doncaster's games since he went there. Definitely a regular starter.
Yeah he’s a regular, my donny supporting mates love him. Was on the wrong end of an awful challenge yesterday aswel, google it if you get chance it’s pretty shocking.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #389 on: November 12, 2018, 09:38:52 pm »
Grant McCann, his manager, called him “different class” and wants him in the box more.  4 assists already too. It may be League 1 but very encouraging for debut season at first team level

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #390 on: November 18, 2018, 07:46:51 am »
Marko Grujic was among the Liverpool loanees in action this week, despite most leagues taking a break for international qualifiers and friendlies.

The Serbian has been sidelined since September after suffering ankle ligament damage, but was back in training at the start of November.

Though he is yet to make his comeback for the Hertha Berlin first team, he took part in a friendly against 2. Bundesliga side Aue on Thursday.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: November 18, 2018, 06:53:58 pm »
Been busy with uni, this update should (briefly) cover everything from the past 4 weeks-ish.

Harry Wilson - Derby - Started all 5 Derby league games (+1 League Cup game) since the last update, completing 90 minutes in each one (83 in league cup), and contributing 2 goals and an assist. Derby are still challenging up at the top, sat in 6th place 5 points from 1st.
Ovie Ejaria - Rangers - Ejaria started 6 of the 7 Rangers games over the past month and picked up an assist in the 7-1 win at the weekend. Him and Kent (below) are both mainstays in the side now, who are currently 3rd in the table 2 points behind Celtic at the top.
Ryan Kent - Rangers - 1 goal and 1 assist for Kent in his 5 starts over the month, although has missed the two recent games with a hamstring injury.
Taiwo Awoniyi - Gent - Now firmly second choice at Gent, limited to just 29 minutes of action over the past 5 games. Might be worth us looking at this in January because he showed last season he's capable of scoring goals in this league.
Allan - Frankfurt - Came on for the final 22 minutes of Frankfurt's 1-1 draw away at Nurnberg, was an unused sub in 2 of the other league games.
Shamal George - Tranmere - Played 90 minutes of Tranmere's 1-0 EFL Trophy defeat to Man City U23's, was an unused sub in all the league games.
Adam Bogdan - Hibernian - Hibs have fallen into a poor spell since the last update, with 1 draw and 3 defeats since, Bogdan played all 4 games and kept 1 clean sheet in the progress.
Ben Woodburn - Sheffield Utd - Not much change in Woodburn's situation since the last update. He played for our U23's for a game, made a 10 minute appearance from the bench for Sheff Utd against Forest, and was an unused sub against Wigan. Was not included in the match squad for their derby at the weekend.
Herbie Kane - Doncaster - Doncaster's form has tailed off but Kane has continued to be a mainstay in the team, starting their last 6 games and scoring twice vs Chorley in the FA Cup.
Marko Grujic - Hertha Berlin - As posted above he's just made an appearance for Berlin's U23's as he begins his comeback from injury.
Connor Randall - Rochdale - Injured.
Loris Karius - Beşiktaş - Was on the bench for the most recent Europa League game and missed out on the recent league game with injury, but started the 3 games prior to that.
Corey Whelan - Crewe - Started all 6 Crewe's league games over the past month.
Sheyi Ojo - Reims - Reims have started scoring goals!!!!! Well, 3 of them anyway. Unfortunately, Ojo's having a bit of trouble getting in the team, limited to just 2 sub appearances across their 4 most recent league games. He did start and score for them in the Cup against Orleans though, as well as scoring in the penalty shoot out which Reims went on to lose.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #392 on: November 24, 2018, 04:25:29 pm »
Harry Wilson and Herbie Kane have both scored today

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #393 on: November 24, 2018, 07:33:22 pm »
Harry Wilson and Herbie Kane have both scored today

Wilson's was an absolute peach of a finish.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: November 24, 2018, 08:04:33 pm »
Wilson's was an absolute peach of a finish.

sounds like we have our Lallana replacement ready

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: November 24, 2018, 11:07:21 pm »
The kids a goal machine

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #396 on: November 25, 2018, 12:55:28 am »
sounds like we have our Lallana replacement ready

Him and Curtis Jones I'd say.

Offline Andy2508

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #397 on: November 27, 2018, 08:47:05 pm »
Herbie Kane just scored a cracker for Rovers. My mates are obsessed with him and all believe he’s there best player, a great season he’s having it seems!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #398 on: November 27, 2018, 08:52:00 pm »
Herbie Kane just scored a cracker for Rovers. My mates are obsessed with him and all believe he’s there best player, a great season he’s having it seems!

A Kane on loan scoring regularly.......where've we heard that before?

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: November 27, 2018, 08:55:21 pm »

Their fans were going mad over him on the weekend, saying he'll play for England, one of the best players they've ever had etc, good signs.