539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1435441 times)

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brexit-i-a-poos! 10 Predications
« Reply #33120 on: December 12, 2019, 06:13:52 am »
Scottish independence within 5 years, United ireland within 10.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33121 on: December 12, 2019, 07:08:44 am »

So not all bad then.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #33122 on: December 12, 2019, 08:39:48 am »
After some initial big ones like Airbus and some of the car companies moving to the EU, I think it will go quite slowly. There might be some kind of Brexit bounce too. The only thing that is certain is over the course of the next 5 years the economy will stall and a Johnson government will act in a transactional, case by case manner. Driven by public opinion and the tabloids. So they might protect elements of the NHS, and maybe there will be some social house building. Banking deregulation to offset the loss of EU privileges in the City.
In short (at best) more of the same from the Tories with a slowing stalling economy

£ down to parity with the Euro and the $
UK from 5 to 7 (Worlds strongest economies)
 The debate about a united Ireland and Scottish independence could dominate politics UK for several years

This has a dreadful likelihood to it.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #33123 on: December 12, 2019, 08:55:38 am »
After some initial big ones like Airbus and some of the car companies moving to the EU, I think it will go quite slowly. There might be some kind of Brexit bounce too. The only thing that is certain is over the course of the next 5 years the economy will stall and a Johnson government will act in a transactional, case by case manner. Driven by public opinion and the tabloids. So they might protect elements of the NHS, and maybe there will be some social house building. Banking deregulation to offset the loss of EU privileges in the City.
In short (at best) more of the same from the Tories with a slowing stalling economy

£ down to parity with the Euro and the $
UK from 5 to 7 (Worlds strongest economies)
 The debate about a united Ireland and Scottish independence could dominate politics UK for several years

Yes, a slow, inevitable decline for the many. However we will see a lot more reality TV shows featuring body altered bimbos of all and every gender on the newly pay for view Boris Broadcasting Service.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #33124 on: December 12, 2019, 08:57:29 am »
Yes, a slow, inevitable decline for the many. However we will see a lot more reality TV shows featuring body altered bimbos of all and every gender on the newly pay for view Boris Broadcasting Service.

"I`d buy that for a dollar".
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33125 on: December 12, 2019, 04:41:32 pm »
Shit won't happen till transition ends in Dec 2020. then we will really see the effect of leaving the EU.
Can't see car manufacturers moving for at least 5-6 yrs, probably cut down on shifts when the problems of Just in time hit. sales will drop and costs will rise so car companies will go in time.
Still surprised the politicians are not attacking the Tories over 2 contradictory arguments they make.
Tariffs will kick in at the end of 2020. Johnson says he will wave goods through tariff free, theres no chance of signing any trade deals with anyone when we are already giving them tariff free access to the UK market, I think we will have to charge tariffs, this will hit UK companies badly. the effect will be immediate, higher costs to produce while being handicapped by higher tariffs abroad, dummy whammy.
I expect the UK to be in turmoil in 2021.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33126 on: December 12, 2019, 04:44:44 pm »
Do you really think it will take 5-6 years for the car manufactures to leave? I would assume as soon as they determine that there is not some sort quick re-entry into the SM and CU, they will move. Every day they spend in the UK will be only adding to their huge losses.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33127 on: December 12, 2019, 05:01:15 pm »
Do you really think it will take 5-6 years for the car manufactures to leave? I would assume as soon as they determine that there is not some sort quick re-entry into the SM and CU, they will move. Every day they spend in the UK will be only adding to their huge losses.
Yeah, I think they will be happy just to tick over till they relocate which obviously cant be done for years,  a lot depends on when the plants need new investment or when new models need to awarded to certain plants. if a plant needs investment or a new model then their days are numbered, am sure the car companies have contingency plans worked out but these are always long term global plans.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33128 on: December 12, 2019, 05:15:45 pm »
So not all bad then.
so you're saying you want rid of us, then?  :)

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33129 on: December 12, 2019, 05:37:36 pm »
This could be a brilliant night or a sodding nightmare, few drinks in, hopefully a hung parliament, lots of Tory leave MPs liars loose their seat, watching Tory MPs go into meltdown on tv over tactical voting.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33130 on: December 12, 2019, 06:00:54 pm »
so you're saying you want rid of us, then?  :)

More like I want you lot to get away from us, we will bring you down otherwise.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #33131 on: December 12, 2019, 06:04:52 pm »
Honestly I don't see much reason to be optimistic that we can get the Tories to the sub 313 (optimistically) seats that would be needed to stop them being able to form the next govt with eventual DUP support.

It's not impossible but it's probably longish odds
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 06:06:45 pm by filopastry »

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33132 on: December 12, 2019, 06:23:02 pm »
Honestly I don't see much reason to be optimistic that we can get the Tories to the sub 313 (optimistically) seats that would be needed to stop them being able to form the next govt with eventual DUP support.

It's not impossible but it's probably longish odds
Wouldn't say it longish odds, odds for a hung parliament this morning was 4/1,those odds have been getting cut all day, as low as 6/4 now but you can still get 2/1.
Went to vote around 1pm.was told they had more people in by dinner time than they usually have all day.
The Tories may well regret their actions over the last few months, making Johnson PM has started a new way of voting in this country, voters who don't want the Tories in power are now getting organised to vote them out, hope this continues for many years to come.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 06:26:11 pm by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33133 on: December 12, 2019, 06:38:15 pm »
Yeah, I think they will be happy just to tick over till they relocate which obviously cant be done for years,  a lot depends on when the plants need new investment or when new models need to awarded to certain plants. if a plant needs investment or a new model then their days are numbered, am sure the car companies have contingency plans worked out but these are always long term global plans.

BMW have spent the past 5 years expanding the Dutch plant that builds the Mini and the X1, Auto Express were reporting in Spring that BMW could relocate engine production from Hams Hall to Austria.

PSA has already announced that the Russelsheim plant will build the next gen Astra, with Ellesmere Port only getting the nod based on Brexit.

Nissan has plants in Spain (Qashqai), France and Russia. They build the same models as Sunderland in Japan.

Based on all that, I give it 12 months for those 3 to have left and JLR another 12 to 18 months.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33134 on: December 12, 2019, 06:42:51 pm »
BMW have spent the past 5 years expanding the Dutch plant that builds the Mini and the X1, Auto Express were reporting in Spring that BMW could relocate engine production from Hams Hall to Austria.

PSA has already announced that the Russelsheim plant will build the next gen Astra, with Ellesmere Port only getting the nod based on Brexit.

Nissan has plants in Spain (Qashqai), France and Russia. They build the same models as Sunderland in Japan.

Based on all that, I give it 12 months for those 3 to have left and JLR another 12 to 18 months.
You may well be right Rob based on that info. how much do JLR export to the USA nowadays, was wondering if they are a bit safer than the rest of the UK car industry, having said that it's hard to see how they will produce efficiently when just in time goes.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #33135 on: December 12, 2019, 06:45:40 pm »
1. Brexit happens on 31st December. It Just Does.
2. Mass Civil Disobedience on New Years Eve - and it doesn't get better.
3. Scotland goes for the Catalan style second referendum in May 2020. And its a landslide.
4. Pound slides to parity with the Euro within 12 months. Frottage makes his millions.
5. 2011-riots all across the country in Summer 2020.
6. Tories use Civil Contigencies...
7. TV License becomes weaponised. Mass non-payment against perceived pro-govt bias.
8. LFC wins League and UCL, with everything that comes from that.
9. Sadiq Khan wins 2nd term as London's mayor. Tories end in fourth place.
10. Mayhem.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33136 on: December 12, 2019, 08:14:21 pm »
You may well be right Rob based on that info. how much do JLR export to the USA nowadays, was wondering if they are a bit safer than the rest of the UK car industry, having said that it's hard to see how they will produce efficiently when just in time goes.

I found a report from 2018 that said that sales in the USA weren't large enough to justify building cars over there, however, if the workforce in Eastern Europe pull their fingers out they could maybe move everything over there.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33137 on: December 12, 2019, 08:18:46 pm »
1. Brexit happens on 31st December. It Just Does.
2. Mass Civil Disobedience on New Years Eve - and it doesn't get better.
3. Scotland goes for the Catalan style second referendum in May 2020. And its a landslide.
4. Pound slides to parity with the Euro within 12 months.Frottage makes his millions.
5. 2011-riots all across the country in Summer 2020.
6. Tories use Civil Contigencies...
7. TV License becomes weaponised. Mass non-payment against perceived pro-govt bias.
8. LFC wins League and UCL, with everything that comes from that.
9. Sadiq Khan wins 2nd term as London's mayor. Tories end in fourth place.
10. Mayhem.

No chance

Apart from 8, and probably number 10 as a consequence of 8 ;D

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33138 on: December 12, 2019, 08:23:13 pm »
I found a report from 2018 that said that sales in the USA weren't large enough to justify building cars over there, however, if the workforce in Eastern Europe pull their fingers out they could maybe move everything over there.
I wasn't thinking of JLR moving to the USA, was wondering if the JLR USA sales would prop up Halewood for 6 yrs +, would be ironic if the JLR plant in Slovakia gets more EU funding to expand . real  threat to Halewood.
               Emily Maitlis

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #33139 on: December 12, 2019, 08:38:09 pm »
Wouldn't say it longish odds, odds for a hung parliament this morning was 4/1,those odds have been getting cut all day, as low as 6/4 now but you can still get 2/1.
Went to vote around 1pm.was told they had more people in by dinner time than they usually have all day.
The Tories may well regret their actions over the last few months, making Johnson PM has started a new way of voting in this country, voters who don't want the Tories in power are now getting organised to vote them out, hope this continues for many years to come.
A hung Parliament isn't enough though, you need to get to a position where Tory+DUP doesn't get to a majority

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #33140 on: December 12, 2019, 09:05:51 pm »

Followed by Wales, then Cornwall .
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #33141 on: December 12, 2019, 09:24:58 pm »
Followed by Wales, then Cornwall .

Then London. If not before Wales.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33142 on: December 12, 2019, 09:54:30 pm »
Tories with a 20-30 majority.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #33143 on: December 12, 2019, 10:49:07 pm »
So that's the NHS officially given away to US Big Pharma then.

OK. Time to look at opportunities abroad methinks :)
I love you all. Even Mancs x

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33144 on: December 13, 2019, 02:01:05 am »
The piecemeal dismantling of public services. As a headline, the NHS will remain free at the point of delivery - for now - but US corporations will make ever increasing profits out of it. But other sectors of civic society (the little bits we don't consider until we need them) will be broken up and handed off to the private sector.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #33145 on: December 13, 2019, 02:54:25 am »
The NHS! My beautiful NHS!!! What have they done to you?!!!

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #33146 on: December 13, 2019, 04:23:28 am »
We told you, you fucking fools.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #33147 on: December 13, 2019, 07:16:32 am »
Throwing out foreigners is a much bigger and more imminent threat to the health care system than any trade deal

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33148 on: December 13, 2019, 07:42:41 am »
Can I claim asylum in Scotland? I'm being persecuted for my political views...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33149 on: December 13, 2019, 08:36:49 am »
I’m due to start a new job with the NHS in January. I fear for it massively now these c*nts can do whatever they want with it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 11:57:14 am by AndyMuller »

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33150 on: December 13, 2019, 05:06:26 pm »
Well Johnson now owns this shitshow lets see if he can negotiate anything or will he be looking for the nearest walkin freezer.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33151 on: December 14, 2019, 12:27:59 pm »
Scotland will be having a long protracted battle going forward now. But in terms of impact, it will be Northern Ireland that will feel the immediate consequences whenever the transition period ends.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #33152 on: December 14, 2019, 10:12:42 pm »
Has property prices gone up in Scotland?

Used to visit an aunt in Rothesay as a kid.

Went to Lena Zavaroni chippy.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 10:15:24 pm by stevo7 »

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33153 on: December 14, 2019, 10:19:04 pm »
Has property prices gone up in Scotland?

Used to visit an aunt in Rothesay as a kid.

Went to Lena Zavaroni chippy.

In Edinburgh yes, in Aberdeen prices have dropped significantly due to oil downturn. I bought a flat 3 months ago for £28k below original asking price and £48k below the price the near identical flat above sold for 5 years ago.

The rest of the country is mostly very cheap, certainly compared to London and the South East.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33154 on: December 15, 2019, 12:31:16 am »
a lot more eastern european kids will be bullied in schools, especially in england,  the muslims in our society will feel they will become targets by this government and its leader and might even lead to more chance of radicalisation within their communities! The cost of medicines will increase and there will be less French cheeses in Aldi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33155 on: December 15, 2019, 09:38:08 am »
'Tim' Weatherspoon will lead the fight to reintroduce imperial measures, but a pint in his pubs will only consist of 18 fluid ounces.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #33156 on: December 15, 2019, 10:24:21 am »
'Tim' Weatherspoon will lead the fight to reintroduce imperial measures, but a pint in his pubs will only consist of 18 fluid ounces.

And it will cost 3 Guineas.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33157 on: December 15, 2019, 11:51:17 am »
i would say there us a fair chance of Lidl and Aldi downsizing when the cost of bringing in their products from Europe goes up massively

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #33158 on: December 15, 2019, 11:54:50 am »
Thing is, this is happening - so I guess we'd better accept it.

But fuck accepting those arseholes that pushed it through or those that voted to make it happen.

Good luck with those dickheads saying 'They will bring the country together' once people realise how fucked everything is because of it***

*** Saying that, the idiots that voted for it get told what to think by their billionaire masters, so they'll have ready made excuses why it's somehow still 'fowwennerws innit..' and, no doubt, 'Commuwinsts...'
I love you all. Even Mancs x

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33159 on: December 15, 2019, 12:09:25 pm »
And it will cost 3 Guineas.

First round on Rees-Mogg then.