Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 427246 times)

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #1480 on: March 25, 2012, 11:22:59 am »
Is it that hard to understand that Henderson is at the age where he has the time to develop the raw attributes he has into a much better all round player a lot like Lucs did regardless of where they play?

Comparing him to an ageing 31 year old Christian Poulsen is ridiculous.

Your wasting your time pal. Trust me.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1481 on: March 25, 2012, 11:24:34 am »
Got talent but his confidence is gone, bit of bench time needed

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1482 on: March 25, 2012, 11:26:08 am »
What are our other options out there? Kuyt? Who's had his worst season to date.
Bellamy? Had 1 or 2 games where he played on the right and tore the likes of Chelsea apart, could cross decently. Dunno why he is always stuck on the left in 95% of games. Could be tried in the middle as well like when he tore Man City apart.

Maxi's natural position is also on the right yet 100% of the time he plays on the left?

Downing is still a more effective player on the right which frees up the option of playing Bellamy/Maxi more on the left it they must play there.

And yep I wouldn't start Kuyt as RM in 4-4-2 over Hendo. And no I don't agree with those lot that Gerrard should be RM either...a small case perhaps for Glen Johnson who has more trickery and pace than Hendo though. Even the occasional cameo from the likes of Sterling or Eccleston could've let him avoid some time there.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1483 on: March 25, 2012, 11:26:36 am »
Mate I was just pointing out something that clearly you don't want to see or admit.

I've stated numerous times what I think of Henderson, what his attributes are and where he needs to improve and the only thing you've countered it is with he's shite. It'd be great if you could expand on that but you're clearly not interested in that and instead want to dig at certain players of ours whilst being a total hypocrite in relation to others.

It's a pity that that's the level of debate some of our fans think is appropriate when discussing one of our players and again, there's no point in continuing with you as you're clearly not interested in anything in this thread except targeting Henderson and labelling him as 'shite'.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline penga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1484 on: March 25, 2012, 11:27:54 am »
I've stated numerous times what I think of Henderson, what his attributes are and where he needs to improve and the only thing you've countered it is with he's shite. It'd be great if you could expand on that but you're clearly not interested in that and instead want to dig at certain players of ours whilst being a total hypocrite in relation to others.

It's a pity that that's the level of debate some of our fans think is appropriate when discussing one of our players and again, there's no point in continuing with you as you're clearly not interested in anything in this thread except targeting Henderson and labelling him as 'shite'.
dw mate just reply back: Charlie Adam is shite.

and you're done!

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #1485 on: March 25, 2012, 11:31:31 am »
All the ability needed to make it, but looks terrified playing for us. He needs to grow a set of bollocks and knuckle down because if not he's not going to make it here. He could be a very good footballer for us, but he's wilting under the pressure.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline penga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1486 on: March 25, 2012, 11:33:19 am »
The pressure in the league is gone, he almost has an unchallenged spot in the team with ample opportunities to show what he can do more ambitiously. It will not get any easier than now for him in terms of pressure

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1487 on: March 25, 2012, 11:34:50 am »
dw mate just reply back: Charlie Adam is shite.

and you're done!

ha ha. I really don't get why some people get a hard on when criticising our players. I don't rate Adam but have always attempted to be sensible about him and the complaints from Fordy are that people have it in for him and call him shite. He seems oblivious that he does the same to Henderson (and previously to Lucas).

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1488 on: March 25, 2012, 11:38:05 am »
The pressure in the league is gone, he almost has an unchallenged spot in the team with ample opportunities to show what he can do more ambitiously. It will not get any easier than now for him in terms of pressure

I think it is rather that there are things he has not learned to do yet which he has to do if he is to thrive. Let him complete his education in the reserves and as an occasional sub.

Offline smegger56

• Main Stander
« Reply #1489 on: March 25, 2012, 11:47:10 am »
You know what, the lad is doing my head in. BUT, i'm in this for the long haul. I want him to do well. He's a young lad, so as he gets older, plays in bigger games, he will hopefully improve.

I will be patient with him. But right now, he does need to be dropped. He may need a time out and someone else to 'threaten' him. That may be a good kick up the arse (I'd hope).
When/If Kenny leaves, I'd only want one man at the helm... Rafael Benitez

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1490 on: March 25, 2012, 11:51:43 am »
You know what, the lad is doing my head in. BUT, i'm in this for the long haul. I want him to do well. He's a young lad, so as he gets older, plays in bigger games, he will hopefully improve.

I will be patient with him. But right now, he does need to be dropped. He may need a time out and someone else to 'threaten' him. That may be a good kick up the arse (I'd hope).

I do not think it is his fault at all. If you are not ready, you are not ready. Stick him back into the reserves and give him a chance to grow up as a player and we may yet see the finished article. Keep on playing him now and we may get Insua Mk II.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #1491 on: March 25, 2012, 11:51:55 am »

He definately needs benching for a bit, for someone else to have a chance and to get his head together.

The problem is our squad is paper thin and so it ain't gonna happen cause there's noone else to try.

Unfortunately it's a vicious circle and I don't see a way out.

ha ha. I really don't get why some people get a hard on when criticising our players. I don't rate Adam but have always attempted to be sensible about him and the complaints from Fordy are that people have it in for him and call him shite. He seems oblivious that he does the same to Henderson (and previously to Lucas).

Has Fordy ever explained his mancrush on Charlie Adam?  The hypocrisy of slaughtering Henderson in a paper thin attempt to distract attention from his beloved Charlie used to be amusing. Since Adam's been injured and he's had no reason to come up with entertaining excuses for him, it's become boring.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:53:50 am by Suspect Package. »
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1492 on: March 25, 2012, 11:52:31 am »
I can't wait to see him team up with Lucas next season; given a bit more freedom to get forward and support the front players.

Thats where he's really going to take off.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #1493 on: March 25, 2012, 11:57:31 am »
He plays it safe 99% of the time which doesn't do him any favours.

Needs to grow some balls and not be afraid of making mistakes.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1494 on: March 25, 2012, 12:02:20 pm »
I can't wait to see him team up with Lucas next season; given a bit more freedom to get forward and support the front players.

Thats where he's really going to take off.

Won't happen- convinced we will be buying another DM/cm in the summer plus others are ahead of him already.

You could play him next to xavi - won't make a blind bit of difference. Hasn't got the right mindset.

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1495 on: March 25, 2012, 12:05:23 pm »
Reminds me very much of Scott Parker at his same age. A midfielder described to be attacking orientated, however he lacks pace and completes very little dribbling success. Think he will develop into an energetic defensive midfielder given time but that will take time to develop.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1496 on: March 25, 2012, 12:08:36 pm »
He definately needs benching for a bit, for someone else to have a chance and to get his head together.

The problem is our squad is paper thin and so it ain't gonna happen cause there's noone else to try.

Unfortunately it's a vicious circle and I don't see a way out.

Certainly not this season the way things are at present. Hopefully Kenny will keep him going into preseason and into next year whilst hopefully we'll address some of the problems we have in the summer.

Has Fordy ever explained his mancrush on Charlie Adam?  The hypocrisy of slaughtering Henderson in a paper thin attempt to distract attention from his beloved Charlie used to be amusing. Since Adam's been injured and he's had no reason to come up with entertaining excuses for him, it's become boring.

Certainly preferred him attempting to comically defend Adam as opposed to slagging of Henderson.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1497 on: March 25, 2012, 12:09:04 pm »
Would love to know how some on here form their opinions of players

Seen some of the most ridiculous claims on here and those same people have the audacity to call other players of ours shite, fucking disgusted

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1498 on: March 25, 2012, 12:09:36 pm »
Reminds me very much of Scott Parker at his same age. A midfielder described to be attacking orientated, however he lacks pace and completes very little dribbling success. Think he will develop into an energetic defensive midfielder given time but that will take time to develop.

Totally agree - he is a DM player for me that might come good when he is 30 but lots in his game needs improving.

Offline penga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1499 on: March 25, 2012, 12:21:45 pm »
He plays it safe 99% of the time which doesn't do him any favours.

Needs to grow some balls and not be afraid of making mistakes.
Strange isn't it, how times and standards have changed. Remember Babel?

Scored 10 goals in his first season which is more than all of the players just mentioned combined in their first seasons. Probably showed more than Adam, Henderson, Carroll, Downing combined in 1/8th of their total combined game time. Never got 3 games in a row while the aforementioned get game after game, yet we were always on his back, criticising him for taking on players and making mistakes and shooting on site, etc. Now we get almost the opposite with Hendo and Downing, full encouraging them to take it on and not worry about mistakes.

Offline KK Legend

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1500 on: March 25, 2012, 12:31:04 pm »
I think it is rather that there are things he has not learned to do yet which he has to do if he is to thrive. Let him complete his education in the reserves and as an occasional sub.

I'd certainly agree with that. Lucas had to bide his time to receive a proper chance at first team level. Henderson hasn't shown enough consistently enough in his many appearances this season to warrant that much playing time.
  Shelvey looks more ready for first time football than Henderson and whilst it should prove a good thing to get these games into Henderson in the long run, I don't believe it should be religiously observed by kenny neither should it be done at the expense of Shelvey or any others younger players who are champing at the bit for a game especially considering much of the performances Henderson has put in so far this season.
 I'm not against the lad at all, but I've struggled to see exactly what he's brought or supposed to bring to the team on a consistent basis this season, that'd be ok if he was playing in fits and starts, but he's had the lion's share of the jersey and again I don't believe he has shown up anywhere near enough to warrant that.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #1501 on: March 25, 2012, 12:33:10 pm »
Strange isn't it, how times and standards have changed. Remember Babel?

Scored 10 goals in his first season which is more than all of the players just mentioned combined in their first seasons. Probably showed more than Adam, Henderson, Carroll, Downing combined in 1/8th of their total combined game time. Never got 3 games in a row while the aforementioned get game after game, yet we were always on his back, criticising him for taking on players and making mistakes and shooting on site, etc. Now we get almost the opposite with Hendo and Downing, full encouraging them to take it on and not worry about mistakes.

Agreed.

The money spent on them means they "have" to be played. Not playing them consistently week in week out is another way of saying we spunked £75 million up the wall in the summer which will never happen.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1502 on: March 25, 2012, 12:34:25 pm »
Maybe not, I certainly would have liked us to use Maxi a bit more but the problem is quite a few of the signings haven't worked and other players already here haven't performed to the level we would expect and therefore we can't replace him with someone who can come in and perform well if that makes sense. Still think he's been used too much though.

We should have started off this season as we had finished last season then introduce Henderson into a winning side. Unfortunately we didn't. Still got high hopes for the lad though.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1503 on: March 25, 2012, 12:36:22 pm »
Agreed.

The money spent on them means they "have" to be played. Not playing them consistently week in week out is another way of saying we spunked £75 million up the wall in the summer which will never happen.

Doesn't bode well for Andy Carroll when he's sat on the bench half the time, when our players are apparently tired is it?

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1504 on: March 25, 2012, 12:37:56 pm »
Reading the last few pages, have really concerned me that we are being a mid table club (if we weren't before, definitely we are now)

Having reasons such as Henderson being a young player, innocent, being played in the wrong position, lack of quality players around him, England international have all shown me reasons to believe why we are never going to move forward.

We are far too content with what we have at the moment and a great reason for that is that we really do not believe it can be improved especially when we have spend such a huge sums of money on this player. Thereby, we are basically "forced" to see him play and wish for the best and hope for some miracle.

Talk about reduced expectations, especially when many users with high post count talk about there is no difference between finishing 4th and 14th. You know we are in serious trouble.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #1505 on: March 25, 2012, 12:38:09 pm »
Doesn't bode well for Andy Carroll when he's sat on the bench half the time, when our players are apparently tired is it?

Indeed.

We fucked up massively last summer. We know it and I am sure the management knows it be now.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #1506 on: March 25, 2012, 12:39:10 pm »

Let's not start looking for sense in post match conferences, that's a dangerous habit no matter which team you support ;)
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1507 on: March 25, 2012, 12:43:58 pm »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline penga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1508 on: March 25, 2012, 12:48:29 pm »
Indeed.

We fucked up massively last summer. We know it and I am sure the management knows it be now.
Or do they? They seemed quite happy with the squad according to all the noises made in public. Everything is blamed on luck and not getting what we deserved - which is true to an extent. In January Kenny and Comolli said they were happy with the squad and so they didn't add anything. Then Comolli says we will only make 1-2 small adjustments this summer.

Then again I don't think we are too far away from being a very good team -  1 class striker, 1 class wideman, 1 class CM. But we've been saying this stuff for years even when we were near the top and I don't even think it will happen. Somebody better prove me wrong this summer.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #1509 on: March 25, 2012, 02:53:13 pm »

This is it in a nutshell. I just hope the management do recognise the fact. I don't expect them to admit the mistakes, no management team will ever do that and I don't expect them to come out publicly and do so, but I hope they recognise it and rectify it. The players we bought are just not good enough no matter how you dress it up. It really is that simple.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1510 on: March 25, 2012, 04:11:41 pm »

Then again I don't think we are too far away from being a very good team -  1 class striker, 1 class wideman, 1 class CM. But we've been saying this stuff for years even when we were near the top and I don't even think it will happen. Somebody better prove me wrong this summer.

Thing is last year we spend big on 3 main areas which were a forward, left winger and right winger. Now come this summer, those 3 areas will again be our main areas and key concerns. Now how can be improve given our large amount of investment in that area which seems to be a failure as of today.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1511 on: March 25, 2012, 04:40:14 pm »

See I would say - 2 class strikers, 2 class widemen, 1 class CM and 1 class DM.

We're miles away.

Buying the likes of Jordan Henderson was never going to add anything to our 1st team. Awful buy.

It pains me watching Newcastle and knowing that the 35m we gave them for Carroll has been spent so well.

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
« Reply #1512 on: March 25, 2012, 04:43:45 pm »
He's just wasting space in the starting eleven, space that couldn't been given to our young lads - Shelvey, Suso, Sterling ...

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1513 on: March 25, 2012, 04:45:00 pm »
He's just wasting space in the starting eleven, space that couldn't been given to our young lads - Shelvey, Suso, Sterling ...

You do realise Henderson is a young lad don't you?

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
« Reply #1514 on: March 25, 2012, 04:47:16 pm »
You do realise Henderson is a young lad don't you?

Unfortunately young does not always mean promising.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1515 on: March 25, 2012, 04:48:06 pm »

Henderson is as promising as any of our youth players. It's just that he's been thrown in at the deep end whereas the others haven't.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1516 on: March 25, 2012, 04:50:35 pm »

If you can't see the promise in Jordan you should open your eyes a bit more, I agree with Brentie in that it was a bit of a baffling buy when we could've used the space to give Shelvey the game time instead and speant the money on a Lucas back-up but that's life.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #1517 on: March 25, 2012, 04:53:11 pm »
needs to grow some balls, someone should be joking to him that he should not worry about being jeered when subbed. The team has been booed off when top of the table.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1518 on: March 25, 2012, 04:58:27 pm »
Henderson is as promising as any of our youth players. It's just that he's been thrown in at the deep end whereas the others haven't.

Should be for 13-16m +

But isn't.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1519 on: March 25, 2012, 05:01:25 pm »
If you can't see the promise in Jordan you should open your eyes a bit more, I agree with Brentie in that it was a bit of a baffling buy when we could've used the space to give Shelvey the game time instead and speant the money on a Lucas back-up but that's life.

I agree the money would have been better spent on a winger (Hoilett?) or a Lucas back-up...but I think Henderson was indeed bought as a winger. I don't think the management had much intention of putting him in the way of Shelvey. Still, we have Henderson now and he is indeed promising, and we should be doing everything we can to make sure he fulfills that promise.