Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 427715 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #1440 on: March 25, 2012, 09:34:36 am »
Some good posts from Cpt_Reina and Rohit amidst a sea of nonsense. We have other options who can play on the right/left of midfield, some of which we don't use an awful lot and maybe it's time to take Henderson out of the firing line for a bit and use them.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1441 on: March 25, 2012, 09:59:13 am »
Some good posts from Cpt_Reina and Rohit amidst a sea of nonsense. We have other options who can play on the right/left of midfield, some of which we don't use an awful lot and maybe it's time to take Henderson out of the firing line for a bit and use them.

Amidst the sea of nonsense ha ha

Some very good points people have made.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1442 on: March 25, 2012, 10:00:44 am »

He should haven't been thrown in at start of season imo

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1443 on: March 25, 2012, 10:02:11 am »
Amidst the sea of nonsense ha ha

Yeah, I remember one of them as being 'he's shite'.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1444 on: March 25, 2012, 10:02:55 am »
Jeered off? Memories of Lucas...

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1445 on: March 25, 2012, 10:04:29 am »
Know, I don't.

I liked it mate, nobody else noticed the quality of that joke in a sea of shite.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1446 on: March 25, 2012, 10:06:19 am »
He should haven't been thrown in at start of season imo

Maybe not, I certainly would have liked us to use Maxi a bit more but the problem is quite a few of the signings haven't worked and other players already here haven't performed to the level we would expect and therefore we can't replace him with someone who can come in and perform well if that makes sense. Still think he's been used too much though.

Offline ChristophLFC

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1447 on: March 25, 2012, 10:07:03 am »

Tony Barrett ‏ @TonyBarretTimes 
Liverpool have been absolutely dreadful so far. The home fans are running out with Jordan Henderson in particular

i hope he didn't get it too much yesterday, it would probably ruin him.

Offline Stevie07

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1448 on: March 25, 2012, 10:09:35 am »
There's certain games that he's picked for that don't help him or the team, Wigan at home was one of those games and Stoke at home also springs to mind. There's been some games this season where he appears to have been given a specific role or job to do where he has shown signs of potential but in my opinion he's been used far too much.

Wigan seemed to be another example of Henderson having no defined role to play and therefore contributing nothing to the team as a whole. He didn't get forward enough to suggest he was supposed to be playing in attack nor did he sit deep enough to indicate he was playing in central midfield. Yesterday wasn't the first time this has happened so I think Dalglish has to shoulder alot of the responsibility as he isn't communicating what Henderson should be doing clearly enough and seems reluctant to make use of the alternatives (e.g. Carroll, Maxi).

Henderson will improve and right now his confidence is completely shot but it's time other formations and players were looked at, after the Everton and Stoke games I thought we'd go on and play 442 for the rest of the season maybe we should go back to the that considering the last two games.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1449 on: March 25, 2012, 10:15:24 am »

If (or as I think, when) he comes good none of the plebs jeering yesterday will ever admit to it though. Fickle, impatient, know-nothings who had they been supporting Utd in the late 80's would have been screaming "Mr Alex Ferguson out!" only to now be calling him the greatest manager ever

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1450 on: March 25, 2012, 10:15:33 am »
Got outplayed by James McCarthy yday...as did Gerrard. Like Henderson but was surprised McCarthy wasn't our buy last yr

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1451 on: March 25, 2012, 10:16:07 am »
Yeah, I remember one of them as being 'he's shite'.

He is though.

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1452 on: March 25, 2012, 10:16:47 am »
He's one of the most timid footballers I've ever seen.He's been subbed early in gameson so many occasions this season yet still starts the next week,very strange.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #1453 on: March 25, 2012, 10:16:50 am »
Tony Barrett ‏ @TonyBarretTimes 
Liverpool have been absolutely dreadful so far. The home fans are running out with Jordan Henderson in particular

That's what happens when a player who isnt ready is thrusted in,and is made to start almost every game,when in reality,he shouldnt be given the odd starts and other sub appearances.

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1454 on: March 25, 2012, 10:16:50 am »
Play him in a 2 in a 4-2-3-1 and I think you will see a better player.

Does this well for the u21's

Offline ChristophLFC

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1455 on: March 25, 2012, 10:25:45 am »
That's what happens when a player who isnt ready is thrusted in,and is made to start almost every game,when in reality,he shouldnt be given the odd starts and other sub appearances.

exactly. im very surprised at the way kenny has handled henderson, he should never of been a starter for us this season and should of been brought off the bench for 20, 30 mins throughout the season to gain experience and build his confidence up slowly

being the player he is that rely's on confidence i think this could destroy him if the fans start getting on his back, henderson is just happy to coast through games and release the ball asap. i dont think he has the right mentality for the club he's too timid.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:28:03 am by ChristophLFC »

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1456 on: March 25, 2012, 10:33:22 am »

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1457 on: March 25, 2012, 10:36:30 am »
He is though.

Yeah whatever mate. Trying to have a rational debate with you about the merits of certain players is impossible so I'm not even going to bother if that's the best you can come up with as a 'very good point'.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:40:11 am by Hazell »

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1458 on: March 25, 2012, 10:41:45 am »
He's not shite and people can see some potential but he needs A LOT OF IMPROVING...just like Carroll. Although with Carroll one feels he will have more trouble fitting into our systems of play.

As I posted earlier for those who havn't see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC-u48j8Nf4

I find it hard to believe people actually still praising him in the comments section of this youtube video for this match. What is he doing at 2:05 seriously...This is not the right mentality at any time of any match, just shirking responsibility.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1459 on: March 25, 2012, 10:48:17 am »
He can't tackle, he's not fast, he can't take players on, his crossing is poor, he's not aggressive enough, he has no confidence, is it only one goal he's scored and how many assists has he got.

Sounds awfully familiar that.

Henderson has replaced Lucas as my measuring stick now. If people cant see the potential then they're more often then not, not worth listening to.

Time was I'd ask people what they thought of Lucas and if they came out with the usual Skywashed nonsense Id know they weren't worth paying attention to. Henderson is now that man.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1460 on: March 25, 2012, 10:50:45 am »
Yeah whatever mate. Trying to have a rational debate with you about the merits of certain players is impossible so I'm not even going to bother if that's the best you can come up with as a 'very good point'.

Mate I was just pointing out something that clearly you don't want to see or admit.

Offline Dentron

• Eastenders Sci-Fi Spinoff
  • Kopite
« Reply #1461 on: March 25, 2012, 10:51:17 am »
Henderson bothers me. I really, really like him as a player. I think he has loads of ability, and I know he sees the field extremely well. For some reason, though, he looks scared to attempt anything even remotely dynamic, and when he does, he's hesitant and it doesn't come off. It's like he has a filter between his mind and his feet that more dynamic midfield players lack. He looks like he's thinking about what his coaches want him to do, rather than just playing.

He really needs to be dropped for a bit. Playing is just hurting his confidence at the moment. I think the system isn't very flattering for him, but he also isn't doing himself any favors.

Let Shelvey get a few games in his place. Looks the better player at the moment. Think Henderson just needs to sort a few things out mentally.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1462 on: March 25, 2012, 10:51:49 am »
Mate I was just pointing out something that clearly you don't want to see or admit.

Funny coming from the person who sings Adam's praises.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1463 on: March 25, 2012, 10:52:40 am »
Sounds awfully familiar that.

Henderson has replaced Lucas as my measuring stick now. If people cant see the potential then they're more often then not, not worth listening to.

Time was I'd ask people what they thought of Lucas and if they came out with the usual Skywashed nonsense Id know they weren't worth paying attention to. Henderson is now that man.

Lucas and Henderson are different as they have different roles and thus different expectations.

And it is crazy to have excuses that every young player does not deserve any criticize and free to criticizm. Remember, no one forced us to sign and play him in the first team, so if he is playing in the first team, we all will judge him based on that, not his age.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #1464 on: March 25, 2012, 10:53:00 am »

Thank you for telling the lowly people what their opinions should be.

Great, we don't have to worry about making our minds on things any more, you've done it for us.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1465 on: March 25, 2012, 10:54:35 am »
Play him in a 2 in a 4-2-3-1 and I think you will see a better player.

Does this well for the u21's

Play him here, play him there.

For the under 21's he plays best as a DM - in the Lucas role. That for me is where I see his best position- not rm- not cm - not am.

However problem is he is a shithouse and a confidence player- midfield Emily hesky. So with this in mind we couldn't play he often at DM.

It's a poor signing by us this on ever level.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1466 on: March 25, 2012, 10:55:03 am »
Lucas and Henderson are different as they have different roles and thus different expectations.

Now they do, he and 07/08 or 08/09 Lucas are much more alike.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1467 on: March 25, 2012, 10:58:46 am »

No they are not. Just because people do not rate Henderson, does not mean that he is alike of Lucas.

Would you have asked for this patience with Poulsen.

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1468 on: March 25, 2012, 11:02:20 am »

That is what I have been repeating. The lad is not ready and all this pressure may break him at this stage.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1469 on: March 25, 2012, 11:03:09 am »
No they are not. Just because people do not rate Henderson, does not mean that he is alike of Lucas.

Would you have asked for this patience with Poulsen.

You think Poulson is a more apt comparison?

I'll leave it at that.

My system's already working.

Offline subroc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1470 on: March 25, 2012, 11:04:07 am »

Not only are they different, but the way they were blooded was also very different. Lucas was brought in gradually and given much time to acclimate to the team and to the league. Henderson was thrown in as first choice from the start of the season and treated as if he were an experienced finished article player.

Offline liverpooll

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1471 on: March 25, 2012, 11:04:54 am »
You think Poulson is a more apt comparison?

I'll leave it at that.

My system's already working.

Seems like you have successfully been fooled in believing that Henderson will automatically become better by playing more games.

Does not really work.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1472 on: March 25, 2012, 11:05:33 am »

And it is crazy to have excuses that every young player does not deserve any criticize and free to criticizm. Remember, no one forced us to sign and play him in the first team, so if he is playing in the first team, we all will judge him based on that, not his age.

criticize him? fine...no problem.

there are people calling him a shithouse,the worst signing in liverpool's history and saying he should be moved on.all some people are saying is the potential is there...give him time
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1473 on: March 25, 2012, 11:08:19 am »
Not only are they different, but the way they were blooded was also very different. Lucas was brought in gradually and given much time to acclimate to the team and to the league. Henderson was thrown in as first choice from the start of the season and treated as if he were an experienced finished article player.

Gerrard was injured. Then Lucas was injured. Then Spearing was suspended. Now Adam's injured.

Henderson's had to play.

Its something Fordy in his endless hypocrisy neglects to mention, whilst using the same excuse to exonerate Adam from any criticism.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1474 on: March 25, 2012, 11:09:31 am »
Gerrard was injured. Then Lucas was injured. Then Spearing was suspended. Now Adam's injured.

Henderson's had to play.

Its something Fordy in his endless hypocrisy neglects to mention, whilst using the same excuse to exonerate Adam from any criticism.

Henderson had to play as a right sided midfielder?

Offline subroc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1475 on: March 25, 2012, 11:12:48 am »

Henderson's had to play.

I was referring to the fact that Henderson was played as first choice from the beginning of the season along with all the newcomers and Meireles gotten rid of before it wa clear that Henderson was ready, in clear violation of the tradiional Liverpool way of blooding the newbies in gradually until they prove to be better than the ones they are replacing.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1476 on: March 25, 2012, 11:12:58 am »
Henderson had to play as a right sided midfielder?

What are our other options out there? Kuyt? Who's had his worst season to date.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1477 on: March 25, 2012, 11:15:49 am »
What are our other options out there? Kuyt? Who's had his worst season to date.

Your point was he had to play because our options in the centre were out injured/suspended, when he's been played on the right for most of the season.

Yeah Kuyt and especially Maxi should have been given more of a chance instead of throwing him in a position where he's uncomfortable.

Henderson didn't have to play at all.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1478 on: March 25, 2012, 11:18:17 am »
It is still unclear why we bought him considering how much depth we had in midfield before we shipped 2 off. If he was bought as an RM, should've gone for Oxlade-Chamberlain...someone who visibly has the proper skills to play out wide and has shown against Milan that he can play CM properly as well. We got sucked into the trap of focusing too heavily on that chances created stat and the prem proven factor. He is very much like Meireles in that his preferred position was the centre but he could do almost equally good (or bad) shifts on the right and as such had no set position, it was a weird decision to trade for a similar type of player for little reason other than recouping a good value and trading for potential.

Offline Rob17

• Legacy Fan
  • The Ultimate Wingman
« Reply #1479 on: March 25, 2012, 11:21:18 am »
Seems like you have successfully been fooled in believing that Henderson will automatically become better by playing more games.

Does not really work.

Is it that hard to understand that Henderson is at the age where he has the time to develop the raw attributes he has into a much better all round player a lot like Lucs did regardless of where they play?

Comparing him to an ageing 31 year old Christian Poulsen is ridiculous.