Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 658818 times)

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #6400 on: January 21, 2020, 07:31:35 am »
Didn’t think there was anything wrong with what Jenas was saying. There are probably not many ways to beat us but those tactics give United the best chance. They just didn’t have the quality (or cajones in some cases) to execute. And once we bypassed their press after 15 minutes, that chance reduced even further.

I agree, it was probably a fair comment, but it also shows how far they've sunk, this is the type of analysis we'd get when we play Watford and the likes. "They set up well, the manager had a decent plan, but the execution wasn't up to standard."

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6401 on: January 21, 2020, 01:31:42 pm »
Surely you set up your team on the basis of what the players are capable of?
The lengths that some people go to is ridiculous.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6402 on: January 21, 2020, 01:46:59 pm »
Didn’t think there was anything wrong with what Jenas was saying. There are probably not many ways to beat us but those tactics give United the best chance. They just didn’t have the quality (or cajones in some cases) to execute. And once we bypassed their press after 15 minutes, that chance reduced even further.

The thing I found strange was the way they left their right open every single time in both halves. The amount of times when Speedy Gonzales left the right wide open to try and press onto Virgil was mental. The amount of energy he must have wasted was huge as he ran towards him only to turn on his toes and try and and catch the ball and then Robbo. It really left Wan Bazooka pretty much in difficulties as soon as it happened, with both Gini and Sadio exploiting it.

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #6403 on: January 22, 2020, 10:39:19 pm »
pmsl... it's on first..  :wellin
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6404 on: January 22, 2020, 10:47:28 pm »
I actually didn’t watch, feels too routine these days. I’m truly spoilt. :D

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6405 on: January 22, 2020, 10:51:11 pm »
“11 wins, 12 defeats. That’s a concern”

Lovely understatement.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #6406 on: January 22, 2020, 11:01:23 pm »
It’s ok lads relax. Neville (the other one, known by Evertonians as the disgrace) has said he should stay.
4more years 👍
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6407 on: January 22, 2020, 11:05:25 pm »
Phil Neville just said Leicester should be talked about in the same breath as Liverpool. :lmao
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #6408 on: January 22, 2020, 11:05:54 pm »
Schmeical is such a horrible shit house

Roaring at the ref pointing his finger in his face

At it e wet game aswell. Never usually say but he needs a brutal challenge on him. Complete c*nt
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #6409 on: January 22, 2020, 11:15:17 pm »
Phil Neville just said Leicester should be talked about in the same breath as Liverpool. :lmao
He isn’t even the best coach in his family
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6410 on: January 22, 2020, 11:15:39 pm »
Didn’t expect that voice from Farke

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #6411 on: January 22, 2020, 11:15:44 pm »
Schmeical is such a horrible shit house

Roaring at the ref pointing his finger in his face

At it e wet game aswell. Never usually say but he needs a brutal challenge on him. Complete c*nt
His father is strong in that one

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #6412 on: January 22, 2020, 11:20:15 pm »
I thought you can't get sent off if you're the last man & give away a penalty anymore under double jeopardy?
#Sausages

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6413 on: January 22, 2020, 11:23:44 pm »

Only if that breath is used to utter the phrase 'Leicester are one of the teams a long way behind Liverpool' as there's no other reason for it to happen.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6414 on: January 22, 2020, 11:25:02 pm »
I thought you can't get sent off if you're the last man & give away a penalty anymore under double jeopardy?

You still have to make an honest attempt to get the ball or it’s still red
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #6415 on: January 22, 2020, 11:27:54 pm »
How on earth is that Chelsea 2nd goal not offside? Abrahams is limping back, is yards offside, but at the last minute swerves out of the way, to avoid touching it.
But surely he has to affect the movement of the Arsenal goalkeeper? The keeper moves as if expecting a touch from him, and then has to reposition himself very quickly.
Was this looked at last night?

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6416 on: January 22, 2020, 11:29:21 pm »
Neville

‘Batshuayi should at least....score’

I’m trying to think what his best case equates to there. Wins the 3pts right there and then?

Solve world peace ?

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6417 on: January 22, 2020, 11:30:27 pm »
He isn’t even the best coach in his family

He is to be fair

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6418 on: January 22, 2020, 11:33:03 pm »
His father is strong in that one

Wasn’t he Just

I stop every now and again And ponder the Ian Wright challenge on him. Lovely

And Fowler sitting him on his arse, waving at air and staring at space over and over again

I’d love to know who’s scored more part that bowl headed Pig faced prick more than God

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6419 on: January 22, 2020, 11:33:57 pm »
He is to be fair

Don't the Neville brothers have a sister that's a coach too, surely she has to be better than either of them.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #6420 on: January 22, 2020, 11:36:08 pm »
He is to be fair
Nah his sister has actually won something

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6421 on: January 22, 2020, 11:38:35 pm »
Nah his sister has actually won something

I forgot her

Fair play

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6422 on: January 23, 2020, 12:06:37 am »
Did my ears deceive me there. Did Neville just chalk our title credentials off for next season because Laporte will be back playing? Fucking Lurch-faced c*nt.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6423 on: January 23, 2020, 12:24:00 am »
Did my ears deceive me there. Did Neville just chalk our title credentials off for next season because Laporte will be back playing? Fucking Lurch-faced c*nt.

It’s insanely painful for all of them now.

United Pundits and journalists are starting to just completely lose professionalism and spout off like they’re on Redcafe

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6424 on: January 23, 2020, 12:27:30 am »
I never had Abu Dhabi down as a one mercenary team, but they make out this Laporte fella is the second coming of Christ or something.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6425 on: January 23, 2020, 12:30:17 am »
It’s insanely painful for all of them now.

United Pundits and journalists are starting to just completely lose professionalism and spout off like they’re on Redcafe
I do love it though. We've made them regress back to the school playground and lose all pretense of professionalism and emotional maturity.

It's beautiful.  8)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6426 on: January 23, 2020, 12:31:41 am »
That Schmeichal is constantly coming out flapping at crosses.  Usually taking out the whole box at the same time.

When he fucks it up he immediately blames anyone and everyone and starts crying like a baby.

Seen him do it tons of times.

Christ, how bad are West Ham though.  If we don't take 6 points off them over the next few weeks I will be totally shocked.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6427 on: January 23, 2020, 12:38:09 am »
I do love it though. We've made them regress back to the school playground and lose all pretense of professionalism and emotional maturity.

It's beautiful.  8)

Isn’t it

It happened to Everton in pretty much 1988, Colin Harvey then Mike Walker. Then no way back

It’s far too much to dream United could drop that far and go that insane and build their entire life around us.

But here’s hoping

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
« Reply #6428 on: January 23, 2020, 11:27:59 am »
I really struggle to understand how Phil Neville gets work as a pundit.  I know there are a few bad ones out there but he comes out with some complete rubbish and comes across as incredibly thick.  This has nothing to do with him being a Manc because I like Gary as a pundit.  Phil was a limited player who got lucky coming through in a strong United team but broadcasters are relying on this as a reason to give him punditry work.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #6429 on: January 23, 2020, 11:49:18 am »
How on earth is that Chelsea 2nd goal not offside? Abrahams is limping back, is yards offside, but at the last minute swerves out of the way, to avoid touching it.
But surely he has to affect the movement of the Arsenal goalkeeper? The keeper moves as if expecting a touch from him, and then has to reposition himself very quickly.
Was this looked at last night?

Thought the same, isn't he interfering with play, he's literally in front of the goalie at one point.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6430 on: February 1, 2020, 08:09:44 pm »
MOTD running order: Liv/Sou, Wat/Eve, WHU/Bri, Bou/AV, Lei/Che, CP/SU, ManU/Wol, New/Nor.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6431 on: February 1, 2020, 08:15:20 pm »
MOTD running order: Liv/Sou, Wat/Eve, WHU/Bri, Bou/AV, Lei/Che, CP/SU, ManU/Wol, New/Nor.

I wonder which penalty shout will get the most airtime from our game, weirdly for a 6 nations weekend I bet it won't be the rugby tackle on Firmino.  ::)

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6432 on: February 1, 2020, 10:20:47 pm »
5 minute warning... 10:25

I'm going to watch it for the first time in ages.

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6433 on: February 1, 2020, 10:42:22 pm »
Surely Firmino has to get a mention for 3 assists...

Guess not.
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6434 on: February 1, 2020, 10:42:38 pm »
Shearer said Hendo should get player of the year...

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6435 on: February 1, 2020, 10:43:29 pm »
Surely Firmino has to get a mention for 3 assists...

Guess not.
They want to shovel us out of the way ASAP. It must be sickening them that we're so good.

Online Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6436 on: February 1, 2020, 10:44:23 pm »
In fairness they were very complimentary about us, Ian Wright called us the best team in the world.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6437 on: February 1, 2020, 10:45:12 pm »
Quite shocking (in a good way though) that motd broke ranks with all the other pundits and said VAR missed two penalties and not simply the possible one for Ings.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6438 on: February 1, 2020, 10:45:27 pm »
Went the game today so just saw the penalty shouts - looked like both should have been awarded. Also don't know how we got away with that pass back!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6439 on: February 1, 2020, 10:46:50 pm »
In fairness they were very complimentary about us, Ian Wright called us the best team in the world.
Wright has always been complimentary about us as far as I can recall. Shearer less so, but Lineker looks and sounds a bit blue around the gills.