Author Topic: Liverpool v Luton FA Cup 1987  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
Liverpool v Luton FA Cup 1987
« on: January 28, 2016, 06:02:28 pm »
Does anyone have the date of the replay that was postponed at Anfield because Luton planned to fly up to Liverpool on the day then they couldn't because of snow.  The game was eventually played on 26th January after which a third replay was required which e lost to those plastic pitch/away fan banning/tory MP chairman Thatcher bum-licking bastards.

Thanks

Andy
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
Re: Liverpool v Luton FA Cup 1987
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 06:38:34 pm »

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 06:45:43 pm »
Kenny went mental  ;D
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 06:46:52 pm »
Most 3rd round replays were played on Wednesday 21st.  We played them on 26th then again on 28th as the game on 26th was behind schedule. 

I dont know for certain, but that's my guess based on the other fixtures.  May have also been Tuesday 20th. 

Correction we played and beat the bitters on 21st, so its likely to be 13 or 14th.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 06:54:37 pm by Kenny's Jacket »
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 07:27:17 pm »
There are some reports from the Times added to match info in that link,i think the original game was scheduled 3 days after the 1st game played which would have been weds 14th-i could be wrong tho.

I do remember travelling all the way to Forest,pretty sure it was in '90,twat of a journey & only knew it was called off when we got near the ground-snow.

Offline Davo-g

• Kemlynite
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 11:11:07 pm »
I remember the replayed game from the postponement at home when we should of won easily with their keeper having a worldy (nothing changes with oppo keepers at Anfield). Think it was that nut case Les Sealey in goal who went to play for the mancs. In the end he was dancing in the goal mouth winding us up in the Kop as nothing was going past him... then the replay..

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 11:38:12 pm »
I remember the replayed game from the postponement at home when we should of won easily with their keeper having a worldy (nothing changes with oppo keepers at Anfield). Think it was that nut case Les Sealey in goal who went to play for the mancs. In the end he was dancing in the goal mouth winding us up in the Kop as nothing was going past him... then the replay..

Yeah remember that well. Went down to the first game at that shithole hoping to get in but no chance. Thought we'd smash them at home but the rest is history.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 11:39:20 pm »

We were pretty lucky to get to a replay. The miracle clearance from Johnston in a blizzard is my clearest memory of the tie. If by clear I mean I had no idea then, and still have no idea now, how he managed to clear it whilst rushing goalwards.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258