Author Topic: Where did the wrestling thread go?  (Read 2011 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Where did the wrestling thread go?
« on: June 6, 2019, 02:56:46 pm »
It's disappeared from the Media and Arts sub-forum.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Re: Where did the wrestling thread go?
« Reply #1 on: June 7, 2019, 07:48:04 am »
Probably in the dog house. Or buried by some over the hill superstar... ;)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2 on: June 7, 2019, 10:10:25 am »
Yeah I wonder if a mod was annoyed at the wrestling thread constantly getting big pops and getting over on its own so they got the shovel out.  If it doesn't reappear over the next few days I'll just start a new one.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 7, 2019, 10:16:08 am »
how long was the thread?

There's a 1700-page wrestling thing in the bin but I don't know if it's just deleted posts or what.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 7, 2019, 10:38:30 am »
Pretty sure it was about that long Claire
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #5 on: June 7, 2019, 10:39:35 am »
Yeah I wonder if a mod was annoyed at the wrestling thread constantly getting big pops and getting over on its own so they got the shovel out.  If it doesn't reappear over the next few days I'll just start a new one.
Removed due to high maintenance. If you start a new one and it goes down the same path it will get the same treatment.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6 on: June 7, 2019, 10:46:28 am »
Removed due to high maintenance. If you start a new one and it goes down the same path it will get the same treatment.

What was the high maintenance, I don't remember there being any aggro in there recently?  Are you guys getting loads of reports off it?

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 7, 2019, 10:50:09 am »
What was the high maintenance, I don't remember there being any aggro in there recently?  Are you guys getting loads of reports off it?
Handbags in the past and a high report rate.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8 on: June 7, 2019, 10:53:07 am »
Handbags in the past and a high report rate.

Sorry to labour the point, but a recent high report rate?  I know it had problems in the past but I'm just curious about what triggered the deletion this time round as I don't remember there being any fisticuffs in there over the past few weeks.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 7, 2019, 10:59:44 am »
Sorry to labour the point, but a recent high report rate?  I know it had problems in the past but I'm just curious about what triggered the deletion this time round as I don't remember there being any fisticuffs in there over the past few weeks.
Cue company line....

The moderation team give their own time, unpaid, to moderate the site. It's an LFC site first and foremost, so all other areas are not a priority. If the time and effort to manage a non-LFC part of the site become too onerous then it will be removed.

I'm not opposed to you starting a new thread but if it goes the same way as the last one it will get the same treatment.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #10 on: June 7, 2019, 11:20:51 am »
Ok, will start a new thread and tell people to stop reporting stuff all the time.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 7, 2019, 11:23:54 am »
Ok, will start a new thread and tell people to stop reporting stuff all the time.
Don't do that. The report button is there for a reason, if someone is breaking the rules it should be reported.

What you need to do is tell people to stay on topic and not break the rules in the first place!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #12 on: June 7, 2019, 11:27:44 am »
Plus the fiscticuffs stuff is quite often binned before most get to see it.

Titi is 100000000000% correct re the official line. We're a footie site first and foremost and if enough stuff hits our radar and takes our time out to manage, then we bin it. End of.

Some call it heavy-handed modding but we're not about to have a long and tedious Staff Room debate over whether a non-footie-related thread in the non-footie part of the site deserves what some might very tightly define as 'fair treatment'.

Seems there is tacit permission to start a new thread (which, by the way, is what you need - you can't unilaterally say you're starting one just cos you want to ;) ).

It will be a (*) thread - cos that's what we do with stuff that gets our attention :)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #13 on: June 7, 2019, 11:46:50 am »
All good, new thread is up, asterisk away.

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: June 7, 2019, 11:58:05 am »
Pfft, mods are wimps.  Yeah, you heard me.  Come fight me, 4-on-1 handicap match this Sunday at RAWKlemania, brother!

My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #15 on: June 7, 2019, 12:50:48 pm »

I Just noticed that my post count went from 1000+ to 805. I guess this is the reason why?
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd