Author Topic: Exclusive John Henry Q&A  (Read 15742 times)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Re: Exclusive John Henry Q&A
« Reply #80 on: August 9, 2012, 01:27:02 pm »
naming the ground is easy we just need to find a company called Shankly's !
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: August 9, 2012, 01:27:50 pm »
Wish Henry would just shut up and get on with the business of turning us around. I'll be honest i like FSG less with every passing day to be honest. Renaming Anfield is unforgiveable in my eyes. Sure why stop at that, lets just move the stadium to an area where we can get bigger crowds in.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2012, 01:29:45 pm by Dubit10 »
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #82 on: August 9, 2012, 01:28:26 pm »

http://www.shanklys.com/
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #83 on: August 9, 2012, 01:29:44 pm »

That would be pretty damn good!!

Or at a push maybe we can accept http://www.fortress.com/

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 9, 2012, 01:30:32 pm »
Not when we bought Downing, Henderson, Adam, Carroll, Coates, Borini, and Suarez (and then increasing his wages to Torres levels). The net wage reduction is not that high that you think it is.

And the club will let anyone leave if the price is right. No player is more important than the club. And regardless, they haven't let Agger go yet, so your jumping the gun.

Maybe. I really hope your right.

I was made up when they came but since they have not been quite what i expected.
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: August 9, 2012, 01:32:04 pm »
Two years and they haven't even looked into it. Unreal.

FFS, if they considered it people complain, and now people complain if they didn't consider it.
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline graaf_x

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: August 9, 2012, 01:33:07 pm »
like when he will appoint someone to look at the overall aspect of the football, what is the target for the season....very easy questions
“We don't want to put any pressure on Brendan by saying you have got to make the Champions League this year.

“Of course he wants to make the Champions League, we all do and so does every team in the Premier League.

“I thought it was realistic last season but we were so far off that pace. At this point we're just trying to get things stabilised - that should be one of our goals.”
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/07/20/exclusive-liverpool-fc-owner-john-w-henry-hails-new-manager-brendan-rodgers-as-an-inspiration-100252-31434099/

And there will not be one figure "to look at the overall aspect of the football". I'm sure there was an idea about the committee spearheaded by Rodgers.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 9, 2012, 01:35:42 pm »
to be fair i do call citys ground the etihad but theres no real history to that ground.

I'm still calling their ground Maine Road  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #88 on: August 9, 2012, 01:37:37 pm »
“We don't want to put any pressure on Brendan by saying you have got to make the Champions League this year.

“Of course he wants to make the Champions League, we all do and so does every team in the Premier League.

“I thought it was realistic last season but we were so far off that pace. At this point we're just trying to get things stabilised - that should be one of our goals.”
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/07/20/exclusive-liverpool-fc-owner-john-w-henry-hails-new-manager-brendan-rodgers-as-an-inspiration-100252-31434099/

And there will not be one figure "to look at the overall aspect of the football". I'm sure there was an idea about the committee spearheaded by Rodgers.

oh well...good luck to Rodgers with Henry's moving targets
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline tony new mexico

• Kopite
« Reply #89 on: August 9, 2012, 01:39:45 pm »
If they sell the naming rights for £50 Million a year, i couldnt give two fucks what they call it. It will always be known as Anfield to those who matter.
And for those who say it would be selling our soul, that was hocked out a long time ago.
'Transalpino 1978

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #90 on: August 9, 2012, 01:56:19 pm »
If they sell the naming rights for £50 Million a year, i couldnt give two fucks what they call it. It will always be known as Anfield to those who matter.
And for those who say it would be selling our soul, that was hocked out a long time ago.
I would, especially if the money would be spent on overpaying the downings and carrolls of the world.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #91 on: August 9, 2012, 01:58:14 pm »
I think he means naming rights for Anfield hasn't been pursued. They have looked at naming rights for a potential new stadium, but not for Anfield itself, and as far as I could remember they said they would rather not do that and would prefer to keep the name as Anfield.

I agree. Sad to see a few hit hungry sites twisting and amending those quotes already

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #92 on: August 9, 2012, 02:26:32 pm »
I'm still calling their ground Maine Road  :D
i still call my ex's name in a fit of passion

just aswell she had the same christian name as my bird now ;)

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #93 on: August 9, 2012, 02:29:11 pm »
We have a society that lives out in the open through facebook, twitter, and any other social media forum that allows life to be lived like an open wound...

We have a history of doing things quietly, behind closed doors...

We have new owners on the backs of crooks who are doing things quietly, behind closed doors in the faces of the support who are going stark raving crazy due to lack of information.

Patience, patience, patience.

very well put and hundred percent agree with you there mate :thumbup
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Not A Scouser

• Anny Roader
« Reply #94 on: August 9, 2012, 02:41:57 pm »
Same things repeated again, which is alright by me.  Although, to be honest, I can't think of any other plan that would mean consistent success.  If we don't increase revenue (which can't come from the city of Liverpool), improve scouting and purchases, produce excellent youth players, AND have a good coach then  we're going to slowly slip into a middle table club.  Not the end of the world but a long way from what I want.

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #95 on: August 9, 2012, 03:01:12 pm »
I am fortunate to have lived and actively supported the club through the 60's, 70's and 80's...the glory years for want of a better phrase. The 90's and onwards have been better than most clubs in the Premier league and we complain because of the glory years.

Going forward I am much more excited by the club wanting to develop in a sustainable manner. I want to see Rodgers develop the youth players and spend wisely on players that can fit his footballing style.

What I don't want is Roman Abrahamovic, Sheikh Mansour or any other multi- billionaire controlling the club.

Are FSG the right owners? I don't have any idea. They are a damn sight better than H&G though.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #96 on: August 9, 2012, 03:29:38 pm »
I am fortunate to have lived and actively supported the club through the 60's, 70's and 80's...the glory years for want of a better phrase. The 90's and onwards have been better than most clubs in the Premier league and we complain because of the glory years.

Going forward I am much more excited by the club wanting to develop in a sustainable manner. I want to see Rodgers develop the youth players and spend wisely on players that can fit his footballing style.

What I don't want is Roman Abrahamovic, Sheikh Mansour or any other multi- billionaire controlling the club.

Are FSG the right owners? I don't have any idea. They are a damn sight better than H&G though.

I agree with you there mate , sugar daddy type owner aren't the type that are going to take us anywhere in the long run, its just not sustainable. Chelsea for example have had 10 years of Roman and yea they have won titles and done well but the fact of the matter is that they have not an ounce of youth products to show for... just doesnt seem to be the right way though it seems like alot of our fans would love an oligarch or a big Sheikh to come in and and just pump 400 million into the club win titles and have us become like them
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #97 on: August 9, 2012, 04:39:41 pm »
Personally if the stadium was called something like Anfield Microsoft Stadium and we were getting 50 Million a year for it. It wouldn't really worry me to much it would still just be Anfield to me.

And that last sentence is why we wouldn't get a sum where you could be in a place to say it with a straight face ;) Renaming a couple of stands though? Don't think renaming Anfield itself was ever mentioned as an option.

A lot of this is the 'virtuous circle' Parry used to talk about. So it's not new. Doesn't mean it's wrong either - it's just how it is for us absent a billionaire wishing to see how quickly he can become a millionaire. No toxic debt, no free ride, but standing on our own feet.

FFP question is perhaps the one which is interesting me most. League rules because UEFA ones have loopholes clubs are driving a coach and horses through? A lot of people were rightly sceptical about FFP achieving anything other than pulling the drawbridge up for clubs seeking to join the top end of the game. UEFA were rather proud to tell the world that FFP was a factor in FSG coming in for us - 'look, these smart businessmen have faith in its effectiveness'. And now? Now the smart businessmen are saying that FFP ain't going to work like they were told it would. I'd be surprised but the loopholes were evident as soon as the documentation for FFP was released. Will be interesting to see if FSG have better luck with starting a discussion around league rules than they did with discussing how tv money is split up.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline RyanBabelsFish

• used2bee1101
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 9, 2012, 04:42:17 pm »
Maybe. I really hope your right.

I was made up when they came but since they have not been quite what i expected.

He's not right. A bat can see we're decreasing the wage bill to cope with life outside the CL. I am not saying it is wrong, because we don't want to start losing money, but of course it's happening.
My Tips @ www.inside-bet.com

RH: "You're under pressure as manager of Liverpool if you lose two games at any point in the season and we've already lost, five I think, out of eight, or is it four?"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #99 on: August 9, 2012, 04:57:18 pm »
A good interview?
He's not been asked anything awkward or remotely interesting at this time when many of us are concerned, if not outright worried, about the immediate well-being of the club. FSG's absentee stewardship and pared-to-the-bone local administration is not inspiring confidence in any viable plan for LFC. Their wage-bill austerity and transfer parsimony should have us all  fearing another uninspiring league position. A healthier-looking balance sheet, maybe, but as for football? Forget it!

Tomkins is essentially a mouthpiece, very supportive of anyone at LFC who can give him an 'inside', or the appearance of being 'well informed and in-the-know'. Its part of FSG's strategy: use well-known internet 'fans' to form the debate and shape the landscape of discussions surrounding their tenure.

Another Jen Chang PR masterstroke!

To be fair, I think FSG, and Henry, are very clued up on PR anyway. They could teach Ayre a lot. If Ayre had a clue then the Suarez affair could easily have been dealt with. 
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: August 9, 2012, 05:00:34 pm »
He's not right. A bat can see we're decreasing the wage bill to cope with life outside the CL. I am not saying it is wrong, because we don't want to start losing money, but of course it's happening.

You are mistaken. The only part of the wage bill we have reduced is the Poulsen, Jova, and Aqua(some). For every player we sold we have bought someone on relatively similar (slightly less) wages. You can question whether they were good buys but not that we have reduced wages or not (because the amount reduced is not what you are thinking)

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #101 on: August 9, 2012, 05:03:48 pm »
To be fair, I think FSG, and Henry, are very clued up on PR anyway. They could teach Ayre a lot. If Ayre had a clue then the Suarez affair could easily have been dealt with. 

FSG and Henry know fuckall in terms of PR in football in UK...they might be the dog bollocks in US sports but they are piss poor here

01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Redd Foxx

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • It's the big one!
    • Herzog & Young - San Diego Attorneys
« Reply #102 on: August 9, 2012, 05:08:42 pm »

How about still calling the stadium anfield as it will allways be refferd to anyway and calling the "arena" in other words the seating and pitch the Microsoft arena or some such. Seems a strange suggestion I know but could be a good compromise/sleight of hand approach. Is their any precedence for that kind of approach.
That way the kop and all the other stands could still theoretically keep there names also.
Or just keep the Kop as the Kop and sell naming rights for the other three sides together, might even draw extra attention to the sponsors given the unique nature of the arrangement.

Might be apples and oranges, but a similar situation occurred in America for the NFL's Denver Broncos.  Their stadium has always been known as "Mile High Stadium" (due to being situated 5000+ feet above sea-level).  About a decade ago they sold naming rights to a company called 'Invesco'.  Instead of changing the iconic name outright, the stadium was henceforth referred to as "Invesco Field at Mile High". Everyone ends up calling it "Mile High" anyway, and the sponsor's name only comes into play in written form on the front of the stadium and in press releases, etc.  **Note - they have recently changed sponsorship to 'Sports Authority', so now it's "Sports Authority Field at Mile High".

I don't see a problem with a similar deal for Anfield - something like "Coca-Cola Stadium at Anfield".  Just like Mile High, people would still refer to it as Anfield, but we could drum up some new funds with the corporate tie-in...which would still be attractive to major companies being tied to an iconic stadium.
Son, if you don't shut your lip, you're gonna feel my shoe size.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 9, 2012, 05:12:44 pm »
And that last sentence is why we wouldn't get a sum where you could be in a place to say it with a straight face ;) Renaming a couple of stands though? Don't think renaming Anfield itself was ever mentioned as an option.

A lot of this is the 'virtuous circle' Parry used to talk about. So it's not new. Doesn't mean it's wrong either - it's just how it is for us absent a billionaire wishing to see how quickly he can become a millionaire. No toxic debt, no free ride, but standing on our own feet.

FFP question is perhaps the one which is interesting me most. League rules because UEFA ones have loopholes clubs are driving a coach and horses through? A lot of people were rightly sceptical about FFP achieving anything other than pulling the drawbridge up for clubs seeking to join the top end of the game. UEFA were rather proud to tell the world that FFP was a factor in FSG coming in for us - 'look, these smart businessmen have faith in its effectiveness'. And now? Now the smart businessmen are saying that FFP ain't going to work like they were told it would. I'd be surprised but the loopholes were evident as soon as the documentation for FFP was released. Will be interesting to see if FSG have better luck with starting a discussion around league rules than they did with discussing how tv money is split up.

If FSG purchased LFC on the basis that FFP would level the playing fields then labelling them naive would be kind.  Even on here prior to FSG loopholes were being spotted, none moreso than City's stadium sponsorship.

They'll embarrass themselves if they approach the prem lge re some set of rules applicable only to the PL.  There's no way prem lge will go out on a limb and impose its own rules.  This league is the biggest cash cow in world football.  Turkeys and Xmas spring to mind if you're expecting the prem lge to somehow try and block the flow of dosh to suit our American owners

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 9, 2012, 05:20:33 pm »

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 9, 2012, 05:38:22 pm »
People will have different opinions. But for me, going to a new stadium and watching Anfield be demolished would be far more unbearable than a temporary name change.
It will always be Anfield for the fans anyway.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #106 on: August 9, 2012, 06:13:05 pm »
If FSG purchased LFC on the basis that FFP would level the playing fields then labelling them naive would be kind.  Even on here prior to FSG loopholes were being spotted, none moreso than City's stadium sponsorship.

They'll embarrass themselves if they approach the prem lge re some set of rules applicable only to the PL.  There's no way prem lge will go out on a limb and impose its own rules.  This league is the biggest cash cow in world football.  Turkeys and Xmas spring to mind if you're expecting the prem lge to somehow try and block the flow of dosh to suit our American owners

Naive's an interesting thought. Who'd have thought they'd hammer out an agreement at Tampa Bay to broach the subject of tv rights and then get bushwhacked?  :-X They've hopefully learned a lot from that. And the Suarez incident. And on the balance of power which UEFA is seeking to maintain with the clubs. And they've obviously realised that the loopholes in FFP mean that this is not going to have a short term impact.

Agree with you that there's some in the Premier League who just would not be able to function without the major cash injections and crazy spending who'll kick hard against any further restrictions. You can hear Mancini's howls of pain over sticking even to showing a positive trend all across Manchester but there are others, perhaps less obvious, who'd suffer too. But there's also some clubs who, out of self-interest, would be interested.

The Football League have introduced some interesting rules purely driven from owners realising that they need to break the boom and bust cycle. It doesn't prevent owners pumping the money in, but the tax on that spending makes it less appealing. I guess we'll see what the Premier League's working group on the subject puts forward in spring next year. Wouldn't write the idea off as totally impossible, but agree with your scepticism.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Paulie's Wallnuts

• There's an old Italian saying: you fuck up once, you lose two teeth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #107 on: August 9, 2012, 06:15:41 pm »
We have a society that lives out in the open through facebook, twitter, and any other social media forum that allows life to be lived like an open wound...

We have a history of doing things quietly, behind closed doors...

We have new owners on the backs of crooks who are doing things quietly, behind closed doors in the faces of the support who are going stark raving crazy due to lack of information.

Patience, patience, patience.
Good to hear some sanity in a page full of overreactions and hysteria
'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.'

Offline RyanBabelsFish

• used2bee1101
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 9, 2012, 08:10:50 pm »
You are mistaken. The only part of the wage bill we have reduced is the Poulsen, Jova, and Aqua(some). For every player we sold we have bought someone on relatively similar (slightly less) wages. You can question whether they were good buys but not that we have reduced wages or not (because the amount reduced is not what you are thinking)

This summer? Bellamy, Aquilani, Maxi, Kuyt - who have we signed on comparable wages? I'm talking about the present, not a year ago.

RH: "You're under pressure as manager of Liverpool if you lose two games at any point in the season and we've already lost, five I think, out of eight, or is it four?"

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 9, 2012, 09:30:15 pm »
Wish I could have interviewed him, mind you, I think Mrs Merton would have been even better.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 9, 2012, 09:32:47 pm »
Thanks for posting that.

Re: naming rights for stadium: "haven't pursued it"

Really, thought they had.. maybe just looked into it?

They have pursued it, big time... That's all Il say on the matter.

That's naming rights for the estranged stanly park blueprints not current home.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2012, 09:36:10 pm by 12Kings »

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 9, 2012, 10:01:13 pm »
This summer? Bellamy, Aquilani, Maxi, Kuyt - who have we signed on comparable wages? I'm talking about the present, not a year ago.

That's called cherry picking.

Bellamy wants to go himself, we are not trying to reduce the wage bill. In Aquas case we are still paying him around 2m a year in wages so doubt he counts as well. For Maxi and Kuyt, Borini and (looks likely) Allen and 3x his old contract Suarez  Lowered the wage bill?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: August 9, 2012, 11:15:42 pm »
Wish I could have interviewed him, mind you, I think Mrs Merton would have been even better.
I found it, or perhaps the answers, were very matter of fact.
The naming rights answer means nothing.

Offline AisoD

• Anny Roader
  • On my best behaviour. Honest.
« Reply #113 on: August 9, 2012, 11:27:27 pm »
FSG aren't capable of taking us up to the level we require. Not their fault i know, but i hope they're aware of that and are open to a sale should a decent offer for both the club and themselves come a long.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2012, 01:49:58 am »
They have pursued it, big time... That's all Il say on the matter.

That's naming rights for the estranged stanly park blueprints not current home.

They've said before they've looked into naming rights for a new stadium.
It's not something they've ever attempted to hide.

The "haven't pursued it" comment was in relation to Anfield.

One of the reasons there'll never be any kind of rules on wage caps any time soon.
Financial limits have to be (at a minimum) UEFA-wide for them to even have a chance.

FSG aren't capable of taking us up to the level we require. Not their fault i know, but i hope they're aware of that and are open to a sale should a decent offer for both the club and themselves come a long.

From your "not their fault" comment, I'm assuming you don't feel FSG are H+G-esque owners.
So in what way do you think they aren't capable? And what kind of owner do you think we need?

Offline fizzyp

• Kopite
  • those were the days my friend.
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2012, 08:00:16 am »
Personally if the stadium was called something like Anfield Microsoft Stadium and we were getting 50 Million a year for it. It wouldn't really worry me to much it would still just be Anfield to me.

Can i call your wife a slag. Dont worry i will give you money and you can still call her your wife ?
The Boss is fucking boss!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2012, 08:36:01 am »
Can i call your wife a slag. Dont worry i will give you money and you can still call her your wife ?

Is the money enough to fund his young mistress?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2012, 11:18:41 am »
A take on the interview.

Henry: Financial Fair Play won't work
John W Henry says the Premier League may implement its own financial restrictions

Liverpool chairman John W Henry has claimed that the Premier League may step in with its own sanctions for financial mismanagement if UEFA’s Financial Fair Play directive fails.

UEFA’s financial fair play means that European clubs will only be allowed to spend as much as they earn from the 2013/14 season – although aspects such as stadium redevelopment costs won't be taken into account.

However there appears to be few signs of some of Europe’s biggest clubs gearing up for the changes, with the likes of Paris Saint-Germain and Chelsea still spending extravagantly in the transfer market.

Clubs like Manchester City have also come in for criticism, not only for their big-spending but also for the £400m sponsorship deal with Etihad Airlines, a company whose chairman is the half-brother of City owner Sheikh Mansour, as a means of circumnavigating the rules. The Premier League champions posted a £197 million loss in 2010/11.

Speaking to Liverpool’s official website, Henry expressed his concerns at the extravagant spending of clubs backed by wealthy individuals – and said the Premier League may be ready to step in if UEFA fail to enforce their own directive.

“The mandate of financial fair play in Europe is for clubs to live within their means,” he said. “Recently I was told that half of the clubs in the top divisions within Europe are losing money and 20% are in straits of varying degrees.

“It's up to LFC to invest properly in players going forward so that the club can not only be sustainable but a powerhouse. This club should be able to significantly increase its revenues."

He added: "There are a lot of clubs within the league that support financial fair play.

"We believe the league itself may have to adopt its own rules given that clubs seem to be ignoring Uefa's rules, which may be porous enough to enable clubs to say that the trend of huge losses is positive and therefore be exempt from any meaningful sanctions."

Henry also admitted Liverpool need to look to generate money from elsewhere after three years outside the Champions League, and said re-naming Anfield is a possibility.

"A naming rights deal at Anfield could occur, I suppose, if the partner were right. We haven't pursued it," he said.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/henry-financial-fair-play-wont-work
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline RyanBabelsFish

• used2bee1101
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2012, 12:19:33 pm »
That's called cherry picking.

Bellamy wants to go himself, we are not trying to reduce the wage bill. In Aquas case we are still paying him around 2m a year in wages so doubt he counts as well. For Maxi and Kuyt, Borini and (looks likely) Allen and 3x his old contract Suarez  Lowered the wage bill?

Sorry, you can't cherry pick facts. I'm talking about this summer. The wage bill appears to be being lowered this summer. Now, many more new faces on monster money may arrive and it may prove to be that it isn't being lowered, but at the moment it is.

Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi, Aquilani, Aurelio are senior pros who demand senior wages. Borini and Allen are promising youngsters who demand lesser wages. I'm sure Suarez' contract is more than offset by losing Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi, Aurelio and Aquilani.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 12:22:38 pm by RyanBabelsFish »

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2012, 01:04:14 pm »
Just my hunch, but once we redevelop, I think they'll get the stands sponsored rather than the stadium (although to be fair, I'd sooner they steer clear of renaming The Kop.) I've resisted the urge to go with the flow of football being all about money, but there's no getting away from it anymore. The football I grew up with has changed irrevocably for the worse, so there's no point being like the lone Luddite trying to smash a single combine harvester in a Massey Ferguson factory. It all boils down to needing to make money, and as long as it's going to the club and not into owners' pockets, I'm not arsed if they call the Main Stand the fucking "Toolstation Stand" or something like that if it gives us another £20 million a year to buy a decent player. It'd probably be about right anyway  :D
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.