Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2087322 times)

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #10480 on: November 29, 2019, 11:04:23 am »
Anyone managed to get a Brighton today. Seen a few pop up but no luck

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10481 on: November 29, 2019, 11:06:05 am »

Same as you. At one point 5 or 6 areas popped up as red but couldn’t even click into them.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10482 on: November 29, 2019, 11:06:58 am »
I’ll probably get torn apart here BUT. I quite like our ticket system, obviously small improvements can be made, but overall I don’t mind it.

Likewise but there’s two sides to the argument

1. Those who manage to get tickets for most of what they want
2. Those who seem to miss out most of the time

The split wouldn't go away even with a fancy new system

Increased capacity is the only thing that will impact it

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #10483 on: November 29, 2019, 11:11:24 am »
I’ll probably get torn apart here BUT. I quite like our ticket system, obviously small improvements can be made, but overall I don’t mind it.
i think it’s fair enough, but I also find success and time to refresh so bias exists. Website could do with not breaking down everyday but there’s also much biggest issues that exist around touting of both home and away tickets that I’m most concerned about

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10484 on: November 29, 2019, 11:25:25 am »

Touting is the biggest problem. Go on to any ticketing site and you’ll see hundreds of tickets there which can only have come from members and STHs whose details the club have. It must be possible for the club to identify these people. It would greatly increase the number of tickets available to real fans and might get the STH list moving by removing the vermin who tout their tickets.

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #10485 on: November 29, 2019, 11:28:08 am »
The changes I would make would be:
1. Pre login so that only qualifying members queue.
2. A more staggered drop in the Bulk sale 13, 10, 7, 4, and then last day free for all IF it reaches that.
3. Same as number 2 for the Additional members sale. Fixtures confirmation comes out well in advance so you can dedicate a whole week of selling gradually dropping to all if spare tickets are available.  If members on 0 credits don't get tickets in the bulk and additional because by the time its free for all sale theres not many left than thy can still build the credits through the random drops after the additional sale. Big games still remain 4+ however.

I only had 6 credits last season so im not being biased. But a 13 to 4 to 0 is too big a drop for me and very unfair for people who have just missed out on 13 by 1 or 2
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline jameslfc1997

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10486 on: November 29, 2019, 11:28:36 am »
No dropdown for anyone else?

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10487 on: November 29, 2019, 11:33:27 am »
There have been loads come up for Brighton this week/last week. More than other games I can remember this season?

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #10488 on: November 29, 2019, 11:40:46 am »
The changes I would make would be:
1. Pre login so that only qualifying members queue.
2. A more staggered drop in the Bulk sale 13, 10, 7, 4, and then last day free for all IF it reaches that.
3. Same as number 2 for the Additional members sale. Fixtures confirmation comes out well in advance so you can dedicate a whole week of selling gradually dropping to all if spare tickets are available.  If members on 0 credits don't get tickets in the bulk and additional because by the time its free for all sale theres not many left than thy can still build the credits through the random drops after the additional sale. Big games still remain 4+ however.

I only had 6 credits last season so im not being biased. But a 13 to 4 to 0 is too big a drop for me and very unfair for people who have just missed out on 13 by 1 or 2

In one way I agree as I had 11 credits last season, but then you are making it a closed shop as someone with no credits is far less likely to get a ticket.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10489 on: November 29, 2019, 11:40:55 am »
There have been loads come up for Brighton this week/last week. More than other games I can remember this season?
The reports on here would seem like it, probably the beginning of some apathy, 3 out of next 4 league games at home 5 out of next 7.

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10490 on: November 29, 2019, 11:41:50 am »
The reports on here would seem like it has, probably the beginning of apathy, 3 out of next 4 league games at home 5 out of next 7.

Potentially. Christmas coming up too. Gives me hope over that period anyway.

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #10491 on: November 29, 2019, 11:46:33 am »
In one way I agree as I had 11 credits last season, but then you are making it a closed shop as someone with no credits is far less likely to get a ticket.

It wouldn't be a closed shop because the ones on 0 credits will still be able to get some on the random drops after the additional sales.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10492 on: November 29, 2019, 11:49:20 am »
Potentially. Christmas coming up too. Gives me hope over that period anyway.
Yeah holidays always help

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #10493 on: November 29, 2019, 11:51:29 am »
It wouldn't be a closed shop because the ones on 0 credits will still be able to get some on the random drops after the additional sales.
I got two in the bulk sale, having managed to get none in the previous 4-5 years. So now im trying to get 2 on additional to bring me to 4. I do think that staggering the loyalty so everyone with credits gets in a sale higher than someone with no credits would definitely make it a closed shop. At the very most they may get lucky and get one in a late sale but then again theres hundreds after a handful of tickets.
YNWA

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #10494 on: November 29, 2019, 11:53:10 am »
Anyone managed to get a Brighton today. Seen a few pop up but no luck
Same
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Jimmy10Men

• Legacy Fan
  • California......Here we come!
« Reply #10495 on: November 29, 2019, 11:56:31 am »
There's a better way of doing this than just dropping one ticket on at a bloody time every couple hours surely...with god knows how many people trying to get it. Horrendous.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10496 on: November 29, 2019, 11:56:41 am »
The only way staggered loyalty would work is when there’s a fully functional members exchange

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #10497 on: November 29, 2019, 11:57:02 am »

Well that makes me feel better! Haven't seen a single ticket in any drop, but then I can only look at the site occasionally. Starting to think I must have the same lunch hour as the ticket office despite it never being at the same time two days running!  >:(

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10498 on: November 29, 2019, 11:57:15 am »
There's a better way of doing this than just dropping one ticket on at a bloody time every couple hours surely...with god knows how many people trying to get it. Horrendous.
it’s usually more than one ticket in fairness, but there really isn’t any fairer way

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #10499 on: November 29, 2019, 11:58:01 am »
id be near tempted to say that another bulk late availability sale would be the answer. Better than sitting all day refreshing
YNWA

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #10500 on: November 29, 2019, 12:00:00 pm »
id be near tempted to say that another bulk late availability sale would be the answer. Better than sitting all day refreshing

I would tend to agree.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10501 on: November 29, 2019, 12:05:51 pm »

You're reducing your chances of getting a ticket massively though.

Offline Jimmy10Men

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10502 on: November 29, 2019, 12:07:58 pm »

Without doubt. And you either get one or you don't. And you move on. It's not like it's any harder than this current way. Not sure anything is...unless I'm doing it wrong!

Sitting clicking the refresh button non-stop for 5 days then all swarming over 4-5 tickets all in different blocks a handful of times across the week like a bunch of pigeons is bloody abysmal. God knows how much actual work I've done this week! Ha.

Don't even know if these tickets that are popping up actually exist here...seems to be the same blocks every time...e.g. 227, L8. Nobody in ere seems to be getting them anyway.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #10503 on: November 29, 2019, 12:11:49 pm »
At least then I could gear myself up for it, be on the computer early etc and if i dont get one then I dont get one.
YNWA

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10504 on: November 29, 2019, 12:14:41 pm »
At least then I could gear myself up for it, be on the computer early etc and if i dont get one then I dont get one.
But then people with commitments at 8:15 schools runs etc are left out. Plus the websites horrible queuing system means another late sale a bad idea

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10505 on: November 29, 2019, 12:16:07 pm »
Yeap another late sale makes it harder, plus most people would end up getting in and just refreshing for the odd bounce backs, literally worse than what currently happens

Offline Jimmy10Men

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10506 on: November 29, 2019, 12:18:08 pm »
Yeap another late sale makes it harder, plus most people would end up getting in and just refreshing for the odd bounce backs, literally worse than what currently happens

Worse than clicking refresh literally all day every day the week before each home game? And probably still not ending up with one?

Offline JasonR55

• Main Stander
  • Jurgens Army
« Reply #10507 on: November 29, 2019, 12:19:25 pm »
There already is a returns sale where they drop them all in one go...it’s the start of these additional members sales. There’s probably over 100 tickets there, and every time almost all of us regular F5 smashers try to get them, and almost every time we all get Over an Hour and miss out, and that’s why we end up spending weeks refreshing the page.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #10508 on: November 29, 2019, 12:21:17 pm »
But then people with commitments at 8:15 schools runs etc are left out. Plus the websites horrible queuing system means another late sale a bad idea
I wonder how many are on the page refreshing all day? is it in the hundreds? thousands? The ones at work are looking at me looking at a grey stadium plan constantly pressing f5 as if Ive gone mad.
YNWA

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10509 on: November 29, 2019, 12:23:14 pm »
Wonder if it’s because they have different games with different requirements on sale at the same time?

Like today Brighton has already dropped during the wolves sale but if you limited that to the wolves pre log in then people with the L postcode would also have first chance at Brighton

They would clearly have to implement a totally different software system if they ever brought in pre login

So basically you'd be logging into the individual game, rather than the ticket page as a whole with all the games on.

Also, you'd then be able to login to your account separately, it annoys me now when I get a ticket, it logs you straight out, I always want to check my purchase history to make sure it has actually gone through but I can't because I'm kicked back out into an hour queue

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10510 on: November 29, 2019, 12:24:33 pm »

Neither do I, I get tickets and that's all I can ask for.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #10511 on: November 29, 2019, 12:28:24 pm »
There already is a returns sale where they drop them all in one go...it’s the start of these additional members sales. There’s probably over 100 tickets there, and every time almost all of us regular F5 smashers try to get them, and almost every time we all get Over an Hour and miss out, and that’s why we end up spending weeks refreshing the page.
Does that work like the regular bulk? You get on the page and then connect to the queue at 8.15?
YNWA

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10512 on: November 29, 2019, 12:28:53 pm »
Does that work like the regular bulk? You get on the page and then connect to the queue at 8.15?

Yes

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10513 on: November 29, 2019, 12:29:53 pm »

The club would never sell any memberships based off that

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10514 on: November 29, 2019, 12:32:03 pm »

It's mad isn't it, moan about never getting a ticket in the bulks and their solution is.....more bulks!

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #10515 on: November 29, 2019, 12:33:46 pm »

Yeah, I’m currently up to 16 games, have had over 15 for the past few seasons,, managed to get all the ones in the second bulk, and in the first bulk only bought a 5 games because a) I was in Benicassim at the time of the first bulk, and b)  I had weddings and a holiday and didn’t know what weekends. Out of the the remainder I didn’t buy I managed  to get Brighton and Wolves in the local members and then if I get watford that will bring me up to 17.

My boyfriend is a new member this season and I’ve got him up to 6 so far. So it can be done! He’s useless though at getting tickets. If I left it to him, he’d be on zero.

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10516 on: November 29, 2019, 12:36:08 pm »

Haha. Come off it mate... Maybe eventually you're relieved and buzzing to get a ticket, but you're as pissed off as all of us during the process.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10517 on: November 29, 2019, 12:40:05 pm »
Worse than clicking refresh literally all day every day the week before each home game? And probably still not ending up with one?
I’ve had much more success in refreshing than I have ever had in bulk sales. No system will make everyone happy but I feel like this gives people the best chance. If you know what you’re doing on the site you can get tickets

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #10518 on: November 29, 2019, 12:44:41 pm »
Few upper Kenny drop there for Brighton.. couldn't basket again
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #10519 on: November 29, 2019, 12:49:45 pm »
They would clearly have to implement a totally different software system if they ever brought in pre login

So basically you'd be logging into the individual game, rather than the ticket page as a whole with all the games on.

Also, you'd then be able to login to your account separately, it annoys me now when I get a ticket, it logs you straight out, I always want to check my purchase history to make sure it has actually gone through but I can't because I'm kicked back out into an hour queue

Does it really matter about checking your purchase history? You get a purchase number and the email confirmation usually comes within a couple of minutes.
I agree it would be a nice to have but there are plenty of things that need sorting before that IMO.