Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3453673 times)

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If eyes are a major entry point for the virus, are glasses wearers 'safer' ?
Not much is known about it but it’s plausible that you can contract it through your eyes. People who wear glasses won’t be significantly safer because it’s not a tight seal, and you’re more likely to contract it through hand-to-eye contact than than it entering from the air. Just try and avoid rubbing your eyes.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
I have a friend who's looking after his mother who has quite advanced dementia. If she's not occupied she puts her coat on and wants to go shopping. Any ideas on how to keep her occupied and amused?
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
This self employed covering is so complex. How would you stop someone claiming then going out and working anyway? Or working at home like many high paid IT consultants. People will take advantage we know the greed in this country.

How do you stop a furlough worker from getting another job and earning two incomes?

Self employed people still have national insurance numbers and a tax history that's easy for the HMRC to trace through their self assessments. HMRC has everyone's earning history, can get it in a click of a button.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Or maybe people aren’t so thick as to take it out of context. There’s that option too.

https://twitter.com/SunetraGupta/with_replies?lang=en-gb

This is the lady who sparked all this. She broke her twitter silence to do it. The last time she tweeted was in July 2019 to promote the sale of exclusive rights to research she had been involved in to an American vaccine company. The research was all about a universal flu vaccine.

I am pretty sure she knew what she was doing.

Her tweet and the subsequent interview with the FT are now being used by far right commentators in the US to back Trumps plans to get people back to work. That has the potential to kill 100's of thousands of people in the States.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
Considering what's been reported and said by the likes of Neil Ferguson of late, is it plausible that we won't be anywhere the likes of Italy or Spain?

I know at one point when the cases really started going upwards, we were on course to be one of the worst-hit alongside those two and the US. But all the suggestions recently say that we'll reach our peak in the next 2-3 weeks and then decline, without ever reaching NHS capacity. That, alongside the new tests, means we may come out of this with one of the 'better' outcomes?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
How do you stop a furlough worker from getting another job and earning two incomes?

Self employed people still have national insurance numbers and a tax history that's easy for the HMRC to trace through their self assessments. HMRC has everyone's earning history, can get it in a click of a button.

This is coming from an administration led by Johnson who had no problem providing Jennifer Arcuri with money from the public purse. The double standards are unprecedented.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
Considering what's been reported and said by the likes of Neil Ferguson of late, is it plausible that we won't be anywhere the likes of Italy or Spain?

I know at one point when the cases really started going upwards, we were on course to be one of the worst-hit alongside those two and the US. But all the suggestions recently say that we'll reach our peak in the next 2-3 weeks and then decline, without ever reaching NHS capacity. That, alongside the new tests, means we may come out of this with one of the 'better' outcomes?

We will see, to be honest given our reponse to the whole thing it would be a bloody miracle if we came out with a better than average outcome for europe, we were undoubtedly lucky to have one of the later big European outbreaks though.

Even for the allowed underreporting of cases I know a surprising number of people in London who have symptoms if the total national case count is in the 100-150k range (of course just having symptoms doesn't mean you have the illness)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Saw this tweet reply to Martin Lewis on Twitter...

RicardoAV
@RichieLionel81
Replying to
@MartinSLewis

"not quite true Martin. Employer has to pay the staff in the first place then claim the money back later. Cash flow nightmare for firms who may revert to redundancies/laying off. Please make some noise on this and also some help for where employees are needed but on less hours."

I'm not sure many business owners realise that's the case if true.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We will see, to be honest given our reponse to the whole thing it would be a bloody miracle if we came out with a better than average outcome for europe, we were undoubtedly lucky to have one of the later big European outbreaks though.

Even for the allowed underreporting of cases I know a surprising number of people in London who have symptoms if the total national case count is in the 100-150k range (of course just having symptoms doesn't mean you have the illness)

Being an island is what will be the difference. If we had a land border with Europe we'd be fucked.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is coming from an administration led by Johnson who had no problem providing Jennifer Arcuri with money from the public purse. The double standards are unprecedented.
did he give Arcuri billions?

RicardoAV
@RichieLionel81
Replying to
@MartinSLewis

"not quite true Martin. Employer has to pay the staff in the first place then claim the money back later. Cash flow nightmare for firms who may revert to redundancies/laying off. Please make some noise on this and also some help for where employees are needed but on less hours."

The administration of doing that would be a nightmare as the government would need to verify those people existed, that they were paid that much etc so not sure why people would expect the government to throw out lump sums like confetti from the announcement date
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 12:19:08 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

The modelling has been all over the place though. At first they were looking at getting this over by the summer. They then realised that could kill 500,000 people so they brought in extreme measures and now expect the surge bedding to cope with the numbers of people needing them.

The modelling might now be accurate but it could change again. Hopefully the fact that we are an island and started this later than countries like Italy will allow a head start and allow us to learn from their data.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan

Pretending not to know , or something is "too hard", or "complicated", is a very trusted tactic for Johnson, he feels the public have always fallen for it and they still will. Hopefully its different when they see him wearing a safety helmet over his eyes, or getting stuck on a zip wire , to when he takes their taxes every week and pretends he doesn't know what that is.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
The modelling has been all over the place though. At first they were looking at getting this over by the summer. They then realised that could kill 500,000 people so they brought in extreme measures and now expect the surge bedding to cope with the numbers of people needing them.

The modelling might now be accurate but it could change again. Hopefully the fact that we are an island and started this later than countries like Italy will allow a head start and allow us to learn from their data.
I think we are on a much better curve than Italy and have hopefully been ahead of the curve. Italy had a much higher number of cases and deaths when they went into lockdown.

I think we have done enough to delay and maybe even curb the first wave. I think the main problem will be the second wave which will come at some stage if every case of the virus isn't stamped out which is very unlikely.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

Is that a Tory definition of whether something is right or wrong. It depends on the number of noughts.

This should be about getting help to the people who desperately need it. What next stop Universal credit for all because some people might work on the side or have bigger savings than they are letting on.

Remarkably they seem very willing to trust people to self isolate but reluctant to trust people to act responsibly when money is involved. If people abuse the system then prosecute them.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
RE: Neil Ferguson

1/ This is a remarkable turn from Neil Ferguson, who led the @imperialcollege authors who warned of 500,000 UK deaths - and who has now himself tested positive for #COVID; https://www.newscientist.com/article/2238578-uk-has-enough-intensive-care-units-for-coronavirus-expert-predicts/

2/ He now says both that the U.K. should have enough ICU beds and that the coronavirus will probably kill under 20,000 people in the U.K. - more than 1/2 of whom would have died by the end of the year in any case bc they were so old and sick.

3/ Essentially, what has happened is that estimates of the viruses transmissibility have increased - which implies that many more people have already gotten it than we realize - which in turn implies it is less dangerous.

4/ Ferguson now predicts that the epidemic in the U.K. will peak and subside within “two to three weeks” - last week’s paper said 18+ months of quarantine would be necessary. http://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/196477/j-ideas-neil-ferguson-tells-mps-lockdown/

5/ One last point here: Ferguson gives the lockdown credit, which is *interesting* - the UK only began ita lockdown 2 days ago, and the theory is that lockdowns take 2 weeks or more to work.

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1243137256723972098

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The administration of doing that would be a nightmare as the government would need to verify those people existed, that they were paid that much etc so not sure why people would expect the government to throw out lump sums like confetti from the announcement date

Verify people who are paying PAYE and NI etc. existed?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

I think it is quite easy to know these people actually exist given they have been paying tax and National Insurance.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1

1/ This is a remarkable turn from Neil Ferguson, who led the @imperialcollege authors who warned of 500,000 UK deaths - and who has now himself tested positive for #COVID; https://www.newscientist.com/article/2238578-uk-has-enough-intensive-care-units-for-coronavirus-expert-predicts/

2/ He now says both that the U.K. should have enough ICU beds and that the coronavirus will probably kill under 20,000 people in the U.K. - more than 1/2 of whom would have died by the end of the year in any case bc they were so old and sick.

3/ Essentially, what has happened is that estimates of the viruses transmissibility have increased - which implies that many more people have already gotten it than we realize - which in turn implies it is less dangerous.

4/ Ferguson now predicts that the epidemic in the U.K. will peak and subside within “two to three weeks” - last week’s paper said 18+ months of quarantine would be necessary. http://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/196477/j-ideas-neil-ferguson-tells-mps-lockdown/

5/ One last point here: Ferguson gives the lockdown credit, which is *interesting* - the UK only began ita lockdown 2 days ago, and the theory is that lockdowns take 2 weeks or more to work.

What is clear is that seemingly quite small differences in data make a huge difference to predicted outcomes.

We are preparing for a reasonable worst case scenario, that’s really good to do.

Let’s hope it’s better
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

The worry with Ferguson is how often he talks about the economy. Seems strange for an epidemiologist.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

RicardoAV
@RichieLionel81
Replying to
@MartinSLewis

My boss knows Phil but doesnt know how long she can pay us for if they don't pull their finger out and get the systems set up and implemented.

She's been told end of April possibly the beginning of May before the get anything back. 

No idea what happens to us if her cash reserves run out first, maybe get one of those government cashflow loans to tide her over.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My boss knows Phil but doesnt know how long she can pay us for if they don't pull their finger out and get the systems set up and implemented.

She's been told end of April possibly the beginning of May before the get anything back. 

No idea what happens to us if her cash reserves run out first, maybe get one of those government cashflow loans to tide her over.

Yeah that'll be the worry for so many, not having the cashflow to actually pay salaries. As you say loans may be the go to.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada

BNO Newsroom
‏Verified account @BNODesk
2m2 minutes ago

BREAKING: U.S. unemployment claims surge to 3.28 million, quadrupling the 1982 record - AP
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is that a Tory definition of whether something is right or wrong. It depends on the number of noughts.

This should be about getting help to the people who desperately need it. What next stop Universal credit for all because some people might work on the side or have bigger savings than they are letting on.

Remarkably they seem very willing to trust people to self isolate but reluctant to trust people to act responsibly when money is involved. If people abuse the system then prosecute them.
no it’s an acknowledgment that an (albeit dodgy) single payment which isn’t that much in the grand scheme of things is far far less complex than something for millions of people which needs to be done to a proper process (as if it’s just ask us how much and we will give then you will be the first one complaining)

Verify people who are paying PAYE and NI etc. existed?
Still not that simple a thing as it’s not for everyone at the company, employers need to say who qualifies etc, and of course self employed will be way more complex than the PAYE and any non PAYE staff (like how does it work for agency workers?)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 12:40:42 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan

The problem is there are other expenses for a business beyond paying staff wages. (rent, machine hire, previous loans, director wages, previous liabilities). The 80% government wage grant is enough for the employee to survive, but not for the business. Their help was meant to come from the coronavirus business interruption loan schemes, but the banks are requiring personal asset guarantees like homes and savings, so why should a business owner, who gets zero wages, no help from any government scheme (PAYE or self employed), risk their home to keep a business going just to pay their staff wages, better off to go bankrupt and ride the storm out and start again later.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
no it’s an acknowledgment that an (albeit dodgy) single payment which isn’t that much in the grand scheme of things is far far less complex than something for millions of people which needs to be done to a proper process (as if it’s just ask us how much and we will give then you will be the first one complaining)
Still not that simple a thing as it’s not for everyone at the company, employers need to say who qualifies etc, and of course self employed will be way more complex than the PAYE and any non PAYE staff

Surely you have to do both. An initial payment upfront that tides people and employers over until the system kicks in. Otherwise you will just force people back to work. Or is that the plan.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
BNO Newsroom
‏Verified account @BNODesk
2m2 minutes ago

BREAKING: U.S. unemployment claims surge to 3.28 million, quadrupling the 1982 record - AP

worth noting a lot of analysts had it around the 2m mark, biggest one I think from the major IBs Analysts was around 2.5m, trump economic collapse in full swing here

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
The problem is there are other expenses for a business beyond paying staff wages. (rent, machine hire, previous loans, director wages, previous liabilities). The 80% government wage grant is enough for the employee to survive, but not for the business. Their help was meant to come from the coronavirus business interruption loan schemes, but the banks are requiring personal asset guarantees like homes and savings, so why should a business owner, who gets zero wages, no help from any government scheme (PAYE or self employed), risk their home to keep a business going just to pay their staff wages, better off to go bankrupt and ride the storm out and start again later.

The other alternative is to just go back to work exactly what the construction industry has done.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Surely you have to do both. An initial payment upfront that tides people and employers over until the system kicks in. Otherwise you will just force people back to work. Or is that the plan.
or companies use the govt loan, use their own cash reserves to cover staff, owners lend to the business (although only Branson seems to be the one asked to do that despite him owning 20% or so I think of that business in question)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
From other posts Deb has done in the Boozer, I think where she goes is usually very quiet - now these dicks are all going to the same places and instead of thinking oh this isn't a good idea, they all get out and stroll together- the park by me was packed yesterday, the tennis courts were full - use your brains and don;t go where everyone else will go.
Out this morning on my bike. The Prom was like our street used to be on Christmas Morning. Kids on bikes everywhere. One difference, there were adults riding with them and they were all social distancing. Walkers joggers and runners were all trying to keep their distances, so the message is getting home to most. Exercise and fresh air can only be good for the mental health of the nation if done sensibly.
However, the usual suspects ruining it.
What is so hard about keeping your dog on a short lead so that it doesn’t force people to bunch up on the path as they try to negotiate round it.
If you really want to let your dog loose whilst you check your phone, then go up onto the grass and be a dickhead up there, away from the rest of us
Starting to sound like a broken record, but these people are just so fucking selfish in their ignorance.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account

you get the feeling that some on this thread hope that isn't  the case as they need a chance to bash the government. 

I am an open critic  of the government and definitely  think that Johnson is not the man to lead us through this crisis but if we get out of it better than the other EU nations then that's a good thing and I will give them credit, no doubt others will claim it was down to luck though
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
I don't think they are risking their homes.
Savings, second homes, stocks and shares yes. Primary residence no.

(not a comment on the rights and wrongs, just a clarification)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
or companies use the govt loan, use their own cash reserves to cover staff, owners lend to the business (although only Branson seems to be the one asked to do that despite him owning 20% or so I think of that business in question)

Would be that the government loan that people are finding difficult to get.

Banks have been criticised by firms and MPs for insisting on personal guarantees to issue government-backed emergency loans to business owners.

The requirement loads most of the risk that the loan goes bad on the business owner, rather than the banks.

It means that the banks can go after the personal property of the owner of a firm if their business goes under and they cannot afford to pay off the debt.

Their main home would be protected but the bank could go after other assets.

Those can include things like personal savings, shares or holiday homes. And some think that will stop business owners from making use of the emergency loan scheme, which the government put in place to stop businesses from going under during the coronavirus crisis.

The coronavirus business interruption loans (CBIL) are a key plank of the government's package to protect businesses throughout the ongoing shutdown.

Alex Harris owns bar Behind This Wall in Hackney, east London. He told the BBC's Today programme that he asked his bank about the government's coronavirus loan scheme, but was offered something quite different.

"The government-backed loans are from £25,000 up to £5m," he said. "We got offered a financial product of theirs, another loan which is not part of the coronavirus package.

"It's for up to £24,999, but will come at up to 22% interest, which would initially bankrupt my business."

Mr Harris said he was being asked to borrow against his house and questioned why he was being asked to do so, "faced with this level of uncertainty".

Stephen Jones, chief executive of UK Finance, advised Mr Harris to contact the British Business Bank (BBB), which is overseeing the scheme, to look for another lender.

He told the programme that no-one borrowing money under the government's coronavirus loan scheme would be required to use their main private residence as security.

The BBB has told lenders they have discretion over the security they require.

According to UK Finance, formerly the British Bankers Association, the scheme should offer loans of up to £5m, where the government promises to cover 80% of losses if the money is not repaid. But, it notes: "Lenders may require security for the facility."
Repossess property

And that could allow banks to repossess the owner's personal property as well as the assets of the business if the firm goes under.

Barclays has told customers they will be required to sign personal guarantees to access the government-supported emergency finance. And HSBC told the BBC it will require a form of personal guarantee for loans over £100,000.

However, Royal Bank of Scotland, which also owns NatWest, has confirmed it will offer business interruption loans without asking business owners for personal guarantees - proving that more generous terms can be offered.

The other banks will now come under pressure from business customers to copy RBS.

Personal guarantees allow banks to lend more because it means they are more likely to get their money back. That means they don't have to put as much money aside to cover failures, which is one of the biggest costs for a bank.

But the use of personal guarantees shifts the risk from the bank and the government on to the business owner themselves.

If a loan of £100,000 was made to a failed business and the owner had signed a personal guarantee, the bank would first repossess the assets of the owner or the business. Only then would the government step in to cover 80% of whatever loss remained and the bank would only have to fund whatever was left after that.

Business owners and MPs say that is not fair when the firms themselves are only seeking the loans because of emergency measures introduced by the government.

The SME Alliance, which represents small and medium sized enterprises and is led by business owner Andy Keats, said that while business owners were grateful for the recognition that most firms will need help to survive the crisis, "yet again, it is the banks and not businesses who will receive the funds to help SMEs".
'Business owners take all the risk'

It said banks were seeking security - property they can repossess if the loan is not repaid - for the entire value of the business interruption loans.

"We would appreciate some clarity because, as things stand, the proposed loans mean the banks have no risk, the government has a small risk and businesses and their officers have 100% risk," said Mr Keats.

The All-Party Parliamentary Group on Fair Business Banking tweeted: "There is confusion about [coronavirus business interruption loan schemes]. Treasury must issue clear guidance on parameters and not allow security at 'discretion of the lender' to muddy the waters. Unprecedented times require emergency funding. Keep it simple, and no [personal guarantees]."

Kevin Hollinrake MP, a former business owner who chairs the group, said: "I asked the chief secretary to the Treasury [Steve Barclay] in the House of Commons - does the new scheme include personal guarantees and he said it was his understanding that it would not. Well it's my understanding now that it will.

"It should not include [personal guarantees]. If it does, very few business owners are going to want to take it up. In normal business circumstances, you can't expect banks to lend money without some sort of commitment. But these are unheralded times and unprecedented measures."
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
This is a joke.

Tried completing my gov ID thing. Got halfway through and it stopped. Been trying to log in and it says username , password are wrong. I gets them sent to my email. Try logging in and my account has been locked for 10 mins. Try again ..... says details are wrong. Get them sent again... try logging in.... says theyre wrong.... and .... repeat. Got until 29th to sort or my claim gets binned.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
I don't think they are risking their homes.
Savings, second homes, stocks and shares yes. Primary residence no.

(not a comment on the rights and wrongs, just a clarification)

How do they pay the mortgage on their home though ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
They are saying they will use past tax returns to work out how much to pay you if you were self-employed.

Like someone said that is really going to hit the people who have been fiddling their taxes.

But is that is true what about the self employed that truely doesnt hit a tax level
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 12:55:06 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
I'd go the opposite way. Shut everything down, as fast as you can. Get on top of it , and open things up again sooner than anyone else (assuming safe to do so, and we can go back into hibernation if it rears it's head again).

That makes sense if you want to suppress the virus but if you want to protect the economy and promote herd immunity then it doesn't.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan

The problem with this guys tweets is that he is trying to simplify a complex issue by using black and white statements. The reason the UK may now have enough ICU beds is because they have increased their number massively, coupled with the public doing many things to slow the rate of infection. It started with the advice to wash hands - even this started making a difference weeks ago. It will kill under 20,000 because of the measures brought in - it would have been far higher without any measures or increasing the publics vigilance of the virus. The prediction of the peak in 2-3 weeks is the same as what has been predicted for the last couple of weeks. Same prediction that was made by the medical experts even in yesterday’s press briefing. The extent of infection in the public has always been an unknown and the number of asymptotic has always been an unknown. It’s disingenuous to suggest that with this number now expected to be far higher, that the measures were an over reaction. The number requiring critical care over the last couple weeks and in the coming two weeks is certainly not an over reaction - these numbers are real. And these numbers would have overwhelmed the NHS without any measures being taken. It’s encouraging to hear that the measures and NHS preparations might get us through this with the lower estimate of fatalities- it’s wrong for him to imply beneath the surface of these tweets that measures were an over reaction and we would have been fine anyway. It’s completely wrong.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
And.... its locked again.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .