Author Topic: Pre-match: Bournemouth vs Liverpool - Saturday 8th December (12.30pm)  (Read 23384 times)

Offline BeepBeepImAJeep

• Smokes his hy-dro on the d-low. Drives to the beach. Top down, loud sounds, sees his peeps.
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Pre-match: Bournemouth vs Liverpool - Saturday 8th December (12.30pm)
« Reply #80 on: December 6, 2018, 08:54:42 pm »
It’s been a nice break of about a year and a half but I had dearly hoped to never see Lee Mason referee one of our games ever again.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: December 6, 2018, 09:03:23 pm »
Howe is a fantastic manager and has done wonders at Bournemouth, it's amazing to think where they were when he took over.
Although, haven't they got a silent Russian investor who has pumped money into the club more recently?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: December 6, 2018, 09:53:43 pm »
Mane wasn't in training today either, so maybe he doesn't play on Saturday, he's still got two days before we make the decision. It wouldn't surprise me if Klopp didn't take a chance and had him ready for Napoli.

Becker

Clyne/Camacho/Milner
Lovren/Matip[if fit]
Van Dijk
Robertson

Fabinho
Wijnaldum
Keita

Milner/Origi
Sturridge/Firmino
Salah

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #83 on: December 6, 2018, 10:00:47 pm »
^ That's about right taking into account injuries and freshness, with Keita prob the first to get sub off and the substitutions generally coming in earlier. A possibly interesting dilemma at rightback - Camacho to get a shot, or plain risky to attempt to blood in a youngster during this crucial stretch? The conservative and likely choice is Clyne.

And I think Origi gets another start, alongside Bobby and Mo.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: December 6, 2018, 10:05:30 pm »
^ That's about right taking into account injuries and freshness, with Keita prob the first to get sub off and the substitutions generally coming in earlier. A possibly interesting dilemma at rightback - Camacho to get a shot, or plain risky to attempt to blood in a youngster during this crucial stretch? The conservative and likely choice is Clyne.

And I think Origi gets another start, alongside Bobby and Mo.

Well said, Clyne is never a bad choice but he's been ill and then he's picked up a knock this week and he wasn't in training today. So it seems unlikely that he will be fit by Saturday. Klopp could go with Trent and perhaps use Clyne next week which wouldn't be ideal considering it's Napoli and United, and at the same time Trent would have played five games straight in two weeks time.

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #85 on: December 6, 2018, 10:12:44 pm »
Well said, Clyne is never a bad choice but he's been ill and then he's picked up a knock this week and he wasn't in training today. So it seems unlikely that he will be fit by Saturday. Klopp could go with Trent and perhaps use Clyne next week which wouldn't be ideal considering it's Napoli and United, and at the same time Trent would have played five games straight in two weeks time.

Wasn't aware Clyne hasn't been training and out for a bit, then yep, Trent likely starts with his minutes being managed with a sub perhaps. Think we'll be okay with Fab, Milly as backups at a push.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #86 on: December 6, 2018, 10:13:39 pm »
Howe is a fantastic manager and has done wonders at Bournemouth, it's amazing to think where they were when he took over.
Although, haven't they got a silent Russian investor who has pumped money into the club more recently?

Not Usmanov again? ;)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: December 6, 2018, 10:15:13 pm »
Bournemouth have been cursed by ACL injuries it seems. In their first season in the top flight they had a couple of them, including one for Wilson (who then went and had another ACL rupture). Now they have lost Lewis Cook to an ACL rupture.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #88 on: December 6, 2018, 10:16:32 pm »
Bournemouth have been cursed by ACL injuries it seems. In their first season in the top flight they had a couple of them, including one for Wilson (who then went and had another ACL rupture). Now they have lost Lewis Cook to an ACL rupture.

Happened to Tyrone Mings as well I think.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: December 6, 2018, 11:22:02 pm »
Not Usmanov again? ;)

Bournemouth without Bournemouth?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #90 on: December 6, 2018, 11:38:31 pm »
Id quite like us to use the 4231, something like...

Becker
TAA Lovren Virgil Robbo
Fab Hendo
Salah Bobby Shaq
Sturridge

A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #91 on: December 6, 2018, 11:45:27 pm »
Id quite like us to use the 4231, something like...

Becker
TAA Lovren Virgil Robbo
Fab Hendo
Salah Bobby Shaq
Sturridge

No Naby?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #92 on: December 6, 2018, 11:51:11 pm »
No Naby?

Only because it's away, thought he had a great game v Burnley, but Bournemouth are a much better side.

Think he'll be first sub
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: December 7, 2018, 01:05:17 am »
What's equally impressive is their style of play. An open, attacking, passing game and not a parked bus in sight.

Didn't read any post after the initial one but Bournemouth aren't what people think they are this season unless you've watched them.  They DO bunker in and then quickly get the ball once won back up to Fraser, Brooks or Wilson to get down the pitch as fast as possible.  I noted in a thread in the general forums that I personally think Howe stumbled into this seasons tactics as it goes against the persona that I lifted from the Op.

It also makes sense though as Bournemouth every year fight relegation due to defensive mistakes from asking dross like Francis, Cook, Daniels etc etc to play out from the back.  There's none of that anymore.

Anyway, we'll have most of the ball.  Bournemouth will try to hit us on the counter via Wilson.  Same old same old.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: December 7, 2018, 03:49:12 am »
Bournemouth conceded loads of chances in their games with Utd and Arsenal so would be bitterly disappointed if we don't roll them here.

Their main threat is on the break with plenty of speed in their side, but I'd like to think we can defend this better them both Utd and Arsenal's defenses.

If Keita starts he must be a good chance to score.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: December 7, 2018, 03:55:10 am »
What's equally impressive is their style of play. An open, attacking, passing game and not a parked bus in sight.

Didn't read any post after the initial one but Bournemouth aren't what people think they are this season unless you've watched them.  They DO bunker in and then quickly get the ball once won back up to Fraser, Brooks or Wilson to get down the pitch as fast as possible.  I noted in a thread in the general forums that I personally think Howe stumbled into this seasons tactics as it goes against the persona that I lifted from the Op.

It also makes sense though as Bournemouth every year fight relegation due to defensive mistakes from asking dross like Francis, Cook, Daniels etc etc to play out from the back.  There's none of that anymore.

Anyway, we'll have most of the ball.  Bournemouth will try to hit us on the counter via Wilson.  Same old same old.

This is spot on.

I believe it has a lot to do with Bournemouth's history of making bad starts to the season that Howe decided to adopt this approach.  I think it works well for them against teams that are around them on the table, however against better sides like Utd and Arsenal they don't seem to have the personnel and organisation to really make the low block work effectively to limit chances. 

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: December 7, 2018, 04:22:57 am »
It is going to be a tough match, the league table doesn't lie, Bournemouth is stronger than Man United
Believer

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: December 7, 2018, 05:02:32 am »
I have a great deal of respect for Bournemouth but we should win this. We've got the ability to do it and of course, Bournemouth are a dangerous team with some quality players and a quality coach but this is a huge chance to continue to mount the pressure on City given they're playing Chelsea away. Come on you Redmen!
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: December 7, 2018, 06:13:27 am »

Yes and like Man City they broke FFP rules albeit on a smaller scale.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #99 on: December 7, 2018, 06:52:03 am »
It also makes sense though as Bournemouth every year fight relegation due to defensive mistakes from asking dross like Francis, Cook, Daniels etc etc to play out from the back.

They finished 9th in 2016/17 and 12th in 2017/18. Their only relegation fight was their first PL season in 2015/16.

As for the 'dross' you refer to - those 3 players were ever-present throughout their 3 promotion seasons, helping the team get from League Two to 7th place in the PL. They've formed the backbone of a defence in a side that has finished 9th and 12th in the last 2 seasons, individually costing less than Mo Salah earns in a week.

Perspective.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2018, 10:28:34 am by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #100 on: December 7, 2018, 07:41:42 am »
I hope Lovren will be fit for this.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline dirtnoise

• Main Stander
« Reply #101 on: December 7, 2018, 07:48:46 am »
I hope Lovren will be fit for this.
Both him and Mane are looking doubtful.

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 7, 2018, 07:56:24 am »
No one is getting 'dropped'. We have 2 absolutely massive games in 4 days, followed by the visit of one of our greatest rivals the weekend after. It's not 'dropping' people, it's rotating them so we have a team that competes in every single second of every single game.

Well put! Although I'd play Naby again because he's coming off the back of a MOTM performance as to keep his momentum going. I also think the way Bournemouth play could suit him and to be fair he's not played a lot of football over the last month or so.

With Gini was rested he'll definitely start, but it'll be interesting to see who else starts with him.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2018, 08:36:04 am by Redman78 »

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: December 7, 2018, 08:12:53 am »
I like both Bournemouth and Eddie Howe however, I hope we smash them everywhere and claim top spot before City play.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #104 on: December 7, 2018, 09:04:01 am »
Brasshouse, tonight?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #105 on: December 7, 2018, 09:31:59 am »
Didn't Lovren just take a bang on the head? Missing today isn't that much of a big deal, maybe still available tomorrow

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #106 on: December 7, 2018, 09:42:27 am »
Yes and like Man City they broke FFP rules albeit on a smaller scale.

Why would that matter, have Bournemouth ever qualified for European competition?
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #107 on: December 7, 2018, 10:00:32 am »
I think you have to start Naby, right? I am not sure if he starts against Napoli - the temptation there must be Henderson/Gini/Milner, though it hasn't served us especially well in Europe this season if I remember correctly. Let him build on Wednesday night's performance and allow him to get more minutes in this side - even if it's just 60.

I think there's a lot he can do with the side - including Firmino and Salah upfront and a diamond in midfield with Naby furthest forward. I think if Moerno plays again, the extra protection on that side would be ideal - Milner did a great job of that on Wednesday evening.

If Mane isn't making it then there is always the option of Shaq playing out there or utilising Bobby wide and bringing in Sturridge. Firmino seemed to play wide at times when he came on, on Wednesday.

Think it's really hard to call this one.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 7, 2018, 10:01:30 am »
We should rotate again, albeit keep Moreno and Keita in there. Bournemouth didn't play well against Huddersfield despite winning and they may very well be knackered.

The only concern is that Mane is the only effective option out on the left so it prevents us rotating much.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2018, 10:11:45 am by a treeless whopper »

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #109 on: December 7, 2018, 10:20:53 am »
We have two intense matches in four days then a nice break before United

Would go strong tomorrow but still use squad
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: December 7, 2018, 10:23:20 am »

We had a strong team against Burnley. 1 of the front 3 will come back and even if we had the Burnley side plus Salah, then that's super strong.

Considering that Bournemouth will be feeling it in their legs this third game, if we can keep the fresh players like Matip, Moreno, Keita, Sturridge, bring in Fabinho then that will help

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #111 on: December 7, 2018, 10:25:15 am »

Agree. Firmino, Wijnaldum, Fabinho and Salah can start, maybe even Mané, Robertson and Lovren if already recovered. That gives us a really strong spine already with Alisson and VVD. The other two spots will be filled by Hendo/Shaqiri/Sturridge/Origi/Moreno/TAA. Got great options actually.

Offline Schmohawk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #112 on: December 7, 2018, 10:25:17 am »
A cracking OP. This won't be easy and I'm sure we will see the front three start again.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: December 7, 2018, 10:30:04 am »
Agree. Firmino, Wijnaldum, Fabinho and Salah can start, maybe even Mané, Robertson and Lovren if already recovered. That gives us a really strong spine already with Alisson and VVD. The other two spots will be filled by Hendo/Shaqiri/Sturridge/Origi/Moreno/TAA. Got great options actually.

Wijnaldum has played loads of footie, why not just give him tomorrow off with Keita and Fabinho in there, who are fresh? Same with Firmino and Robertson.

Personally from a purely minutes on pitch view as a fan, Robbo, Wijnaldum and Firmino shouldn't be starting.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #114 on: December 7, 2018, 10:37:54 am »
Wijnaldum has played loads of footie, why not just give him tomorrow off with Keita and Fabinho in there, who are fresh? Same with Firmino and Robertson.

Personally from a purely minutes on pitch view as a fan, Robbo, Wijnaldum and Firmino shouldn't be starting.

I kind of agree with Gini.

It’s a huge match though - win and we go top
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #115 on: December 7, 2018, 10:38:52 am »

Because of rythm. A one week break is perfect to recover any little issues, but longer might break match rythm. The goal needs to be to keep the best players match fit while also giving them enough rest. I think Klopp will want Keita to start against Napoli, because he absolutely needs a driving creative midfielder in this game, so that's my logic for leaving him out now after completing 90 mins midweek.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #116 on: December 7, 2018, 11:01:52 am »

I would tend to agree, but after Firmino's goal on Wednesday and his knack of scoring away from home could be key to us winning and also key to his confidence returning.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #117 on: December 7, 2018, 11:32:26 am »

Unlike shit teams like Burnely, Southampton and Manchester United, they won't just park the bus, so there should be enough space for Firmino to do what he does best.

I would like to see Sturridge start instead of Mane though, so that Sadio can be fresh as hell for Napoli.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: December 7, 2018, 11:40:53 am »
We should rotate again, albeit keep Moreno and Keita in there. Bournemouth didn't play well against Huddersfield despite winning and they may very well be knackered.

The only concern is that Mane is the only effective option out on the left so it prevents us rotating much.
Practically our only weakness in the squad right now (along with attacking midfielder with AOC injured). No one in the squad seems to be as comfortable there as they are through the centre or on the right. Mane is our only great option, although Firmino's had a couple of good games there (and some not so good).

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 7, 2018, 11:49:45 am »
Why would that matter, have Bournemouth ever qualified for European competition?

It mattered when they were in the Football League which was when it happened.