Author Topic: 27th Anniversary - Final Service at Anfield  (Read 97309 times)

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 04:34:14 pm by Harinder »
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
Re: 25th Anniversary - Service at Anfield
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 10:12:40 pm »
thanks - booked via phone. Wouldn't miss this

Picked up my tickets for me and my lad today, he is 8, he went to the memorial service last year for the first time, I feel its very important for the next generation to know and understand all about Hillsborough.
@OTKFlags

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline uwinsa

• prize!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 10:07:53 am »
thanks - booked via phone. Wouldn't miss this

This is proberbly a silly question but if you book by phone do they send the tickets out? Coming up for the day from the south coast so can't collect before hand

Offline El Phes

• Answers to Judith, but only on Thurdays.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Portraits / Weddings / Commercial / Events
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 10:17:56 am »
This is proberbly a silly question but if you book by phone do they send the tickets out? Coming up for the day from the south coast so can't collect before hand

Yes, same for me, they will send the tickets out to you

Offline uwinsa

• prize!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 10:22:32 am »
Yes, same for me, they will send the tickets out to you

Thanks  :)

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 10:40:34 am »
Everton manager Roberto Martinez has revealed his pride after being asked to speak at this year's Hillsborough Memorial Service .
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-boss-roberto-martinez-6694224

Offline Torben Piechnik is my Dad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 01:04:54 pm »
Tickets booked by phone yesterday, what do people think about attendance? Possible full house?

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 10:23:49 pm »
Tickets booked by phone yesterday, what do people think about attendance? Possible full house?

I reckon it won't be far off, around 30.000 attended the 20th anniversary, 25 years is a huge milestone.
@OTKFlags

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 04:32:20 pm »
Got two tickets in the post traveling from hull wouldn't miss this one
"IF YOU CAN'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE LOSE OR DRAW, DON'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE WIN!" Heed this advice or get the fuck off our forum.

Offline Block G Raptor

• Kopite
  • Cóir do na Nócha Sé
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 04:45:32 pm »
Seriously considering coming over from dublin for this. wont be able to plan until closer to the date. will I have any hope of getting tickets?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 09:24:00 pm »
Tickets requested on Monday arrived today

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 10:13:39 am »
I have never been to any of the anniversary ones, although I went to the one on the Saturday after,  instead choosing to remember my mate in his local pub with a few of his/my friends on teh anniversary (although I have been out of the UK for the last 15 years, so have not even managed that every year).  This year, I am back in the UK for the anniversary and fully intended going to the pub with my mates again - then upon thinking about it, decided that I will now go to the service, mainly because my wife has never lived in the UK before, so it will give her a chance to pay her respects, and more importantly, my kids are now 7 and nearly 6, and whilst they do not understand the enormity of what happened, they are aware of the basics - when you are it bits every anniversary and at other times, your kids tend to ask why? And there is no point lying to them.

Has anyone else taken their young kids?  How have they reacted?  I think I will take them anyway adn know what the service is like beause I have seen so many on the telly, but would be grateful of other peoples experiences with their kids who have attended. Thanks.
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Block G Raptor

• Kopite
  • Cóir do na Nócha Sé
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 01:26:29 pm »
Tickets ordered. Lower Centenary :)

Offline Block G Raptor

• Kopite
  • Cóir do na Nócha Sé
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 05:27:57 pm »
Lads im flying into Mankland (50 quid cheaper)and getting the train into lime st. Is the footie bus running on the day of the service?

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 04:45:58 pm »
I shall be attending the Memorial Service, however due to illness I have two tickets that are not going to be used...

Do I ring the Club to return them..??

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 04:05:24 pm »
Has anyone else taken their young kids?  How have they reacted?  I think I will take them anyway adn know what the service is like beause I have seen so many on the telly, but would be grateful of other peoples experiences with their kids who have attended. Thanks.

I was in a very similar position to you.  I have always tried to make the service but left the UK for 7 years.  Since being back in the UK I have taken my 3 boys (7, 11&15) each year and will be taking them again this year.

Like you I have educated my lads as much as possible and they are very much aware in their own way of exactly what happened in 1989, and they have asked questions to which I have always tried to be honest with my answers.  I think their understanding of the events have been increased by going to the services as it always provokes some questions afterwards.

My opinion is that there is an entire generation of Reds who will be unaware of the facts although they are aware of the pain that is still felt today, in the same way that the campaign has, over the years, educated 'outsiders', we need to make sure that within our power we can ensure the education of the next generation.

JFT96
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 05:07:09 pm »
Thanks for that ALJ.  I have been thinking about it alot and have persuaded myself that it is the right thing to do.
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2014, 05:14:04 pm »
I've been trying to get myself to go, but this last week I've bottled it. Just can't get myself to go... Just far far too emotional for me right now. One day, but now just isn't the time for my emotions. I really wish I could get myself to go, because as the years have gone by, my emotions have got worse. X

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 07:26:32 pm »
Can you get tickets from the Club Shop in town?
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 09:40:19 pm »
Can you get tickets from the Club Shop in town?

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/hillsborough-memorial-service

Don't think so but number in link above would be best bet

Offline uwinsa

• prize!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2014, 11:29:05 am »
Hi, Need a bit of advice. Whenever I've been up to Liverpool before I've stayed over, this time I'm trying to do it in a day from the south coast. What time do people think my train needs to get to Lime street in order to get to the memorial service in plenty of time? I also can't remember what time they said we should be in the ground for?

Offline uwinsa

• prize!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2014, 11:32:44 am »
Also realisticly what time can I expect to be back at Lime street afterwards?

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2014, 02:37:30 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/159269-lfc-plan-sign-of-unity-for-service

LFC plan sign of unity for service

Liverpool Football Club today announced its campaign to unify all sports fans from across the world in remembering the 96 supporters who tragically lost their lives at Hillsborough.

To commemorate the 25th anniversary of the disaster, which occurred on April 15, 1989, the club are asking fans, followers, sporting institutions and general sports fans to donate a scarf as a sign of global unity for the Hillsborough families.

Each scarf received will be laid out on the pitch at Anfield on the day of the annual Hillsborough memorial service - Tuesday, April 15 - in the shape of the number '96'.

The club invite any kind of club scarf, no matter what sport they represent, and request that submissions are made no later than Tuesday, April 8.

Those donating scarves are also encouraged to write a personal note to the Hillsborough families on their chosen item, for an additional sign of support on the 25th anniversary.

Margaret Aspinall, chair of the Hillsborough Family Support Group, which is planning the memorial service, commented: "The annual memorial service in memory of the 96 is always a moving occasion for the families and survivors.

"We already receive so much support from people worldwide, but if we could create what would be a fantastic symbol of unity on the pitch from donated scarves from across the world, this would be a truly moving way of bringing the world together for the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough."

All donated scarves should be sent to: Hillsborough Scarves, 20 Chapel Street, Liverpool, L3 9AG - and should arrive by Tuesday, April 8 to be guaranteed to be included in the pitch display during the memorial service.

International supporters are advised to check international postage times, costs and import logistics ahead of sending their donation; the club will not be able to pay for postage of donated scarves.

Kenny Dalglish has also written to all 92 English league clubs as well as the English, Northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh national teams to ask for their support by way of donating their club scarf to the proposed symbol of 96.

After the service, the club's official charity, the Liverpool FC Foundation, will donate all scarves to local good causes, including homeless charities, along with a signed item of LFC memorabilia. Therefore, the club unfortunately will not be able to return donated scarves.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline El Phes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2014, 03:23:14 pm »
Does anyone else think this might be worth mentioning in most of the boards on here, not just the Hillsborough?

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 03:32:31 pm »
Does anyone else think this might be worth mentioning in most of the boards on here, not just the Hillsborough?

Yes
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline El Phes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 03:42:37 pm »
Thank you!

Offline AngelNeo

• Main Stander
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2014, 08:10:12 am »
Dear friends, would you please advise me on the scarf donation.
Do you know if it would be possible to give a scarf to somebody at the mentioned address (20 Chapel Street) instead of sednding it via post?
Thank you.

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2014, 04:13:12 pm »
Dear friends, would you please advise me on the scarf donation.
Do you know if it would be possible to give a scarf to somebody at the mentioned address (20 Chapel Street) instead of sednding it via post?
Thank you.

The address in town is the clubs official offices, most non match day depts are based there so I would imagine the answer to your question is yes.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2014, 12:24:18 pm »
Just been announced all games on the weekend of the 12th April in all divisions will kick off at 3:07pm. Nice touch by the league and a minute silence at all grounds.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2014, 06:04:42 pm »
Just been announced all games on the weekend of the 12th April in all divisions will kick off at 3:07pm. Nice touch by the league and a minute silence at all grounds.

Absolutely. Fantastic gesture.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2014, 08:41:51 pm »
Just read about that, fantastic gesture and one gladly welcomed.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 1, 2014, 10:13:17 pm »
I understand the ticket applications have closed now, any idea how many have been sent out ?

#JFT96

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #34 on: April 2, 2014, 05:02:32 pm »
No tickets available at the TO or at the Hillsborough shop

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #35 on: April 3, 2014, 12:53:14 pm »
Great touch from Schalke.

Gelsenkirchen, 1 April 2014

Dear Bereaved, dear Liverpool FC fans,

Everybody at FC Schalke 04 was shocked by the sad events at Hillsborough in 1989 when 96 LFC fans lost their
lives. Even 25 years later the images of the deadly disaster are still present, even in Germany.

As a sign of solidarity and support we would like to contribute our scarf for your Memorial Service. Members, fans
and staff of FC Schalke 04 would like to express their deepest sympathy with families and friends of the deceased
and support their fight for justice.

Always remember: You’ll never walk alone!

FC Gelsenkirchen-Schalke 04 e.V.

'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 3, 2014, 05:53:45 pm »
Nice touch from the Blues as well for those who missed the ticket applications

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/04/03/hillsborough-memorial-service-screening

#JFT96

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #37 on: April 3, 2014, 06:58:39 pm »
Nice touch from the Blues as well for those who missed the ticket applications

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/04/03/hillsborough-memorial-service-screening

Is there no other way to get tickets for this for people who misses the ticket application ?

Offline ShanksMcShankly

• Kemlynite
  • Long live the King!
« Reply #38 on: April 5, 2014, 06:54:36 pm »
Will the services be televised or will there be an online stream that will be available in the states?

It would be nice to get all the lads together to share in the commemorations...
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool."

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 5, 2014, 09:52:11 pm »
Will the services be televised or will there be an online stream that will be available in the states?

It would be nice to get all the lads together to share in the commemorations...

LFC TV has televised it in previous years.