Author Topic: Owlez, Owlez, Owlez - The Roy Hodgson Appreciation Thread.  (Read 257310 times)

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Re: ''What do you mean do my methods translate?'' - The Roy Hodgson Thread
« Reply #1000 on: August 21, 2018, 02:20:52 pm »
Hire Colin Wanker to get you out of the Championship
Hire Tony Pulis to keep you up
Hire Roy Hodgson to avoid a relegation battle
Hire Sam Allardyce to make you top half
Hire David Moyes to get you into top seven.

Hire Alan Pardew if you want to be parted off a hefty sum in compensation for signing an 8 year contract.

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #1001 on: August 21, 2018, 02:24:14 pm »
Roy Hodgson's skill is in making a team a decent-ish mid-table side.
He is capable of this regardless of how good they were when he took over.

Indeed, the talent-less twat will take any team, ANY team, to 16th in the league.....and then celebrate his achievement.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1002 on: August 21, 2018, 02:27:48 pm »
Had another debate with my uncle (Spurs) at the weekend who still thinks Hodgson was unfairly treated at Liverpool. I think most people that didn't have to sit through those games and those press conferences might think the same. People think he's a class act, a gent.

Does he think Spurs unfairly treated Villas-Boas despite him having the best win percentage of any Spurs manager for many a year, taking them to their highest points total at the time, having Bale sold from underneath him and then being turfed out a few months into his second season before having a chance to bed his new signings in?

If not then take no lectures.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1003 on: August 21, 2018, 02:41:44 pm »
Well i'm sure he'd be delighted if Spurs hired him when Poch heads for Madrid then.
Is the right answer.
Its amazing how quickly those that insist we mistreated Hodgson backtrack when you suggest that if he's that good then surely you'd be happy if he was your manager.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1004 on: August 21, 2018, 02:52:59 pm »
I would absolutely cream myself if he became Man United's manager.

hahaha that looks like some of the posters talking about pogbarf and martial in the manc thread

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1005 on: August 21, 2018, 03:22:25 pm »
Had another debate with my uncle (Spurs) at the weekend who still thinks Hodgson was unfairly treated at Liverpool. I think most people that didn't have to sit through those games and those press conferences might think the same. People think he's a class act, a gent.

I had that with all the Mancs at work. Quickly changed their tune when they saw how England played under him. I suppose when he isn't destroying your club, he does come across as a decent fella. I always thought he was OK until he came here as I never really paid attention to him. When you then have to endure him forelock tugging to Fergie and bigging up Northampton and Wolves while trumpeting himself and slagging off your club and fans, then the penny drops.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1006 on: August 21, 2018, 03:27:49 pm »
Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:
charges
jumps at
kicks or attempts to kick
pushes
strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
tackles or challenges
trips or attempts to trip
If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.

Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off
A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences:
handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within their penalty area)
holds an opponent
impedes an opponent with contact

That's Law 12 Fouls and misconduct.
I'm really not sure why the stupid twat is moaning. From his quotes about being embarrassed if his teams are awarded a similar penalty - talk about making yourself a hostage to fortune.
Doubt Philip Roth wrote that, and Roy doesn't bother with lightweight reading. He's an araldite individual.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1007 on: August 21, 2018, 04:57:51 pm »
Doubt Philip Roth wrote that, and Roy doesn't bother with lightweight reading. He's an araldite individual.

The Irritable Owl wouldn't demean himself by reading any of Philip Roth's books. He would only read angst ridden novels by Unknown Czech samizdat writers, in the original Czech.

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
« Reply #1008 on: August 21, 2018, 05:06:29 pm »
I loved his interview last night, he looked like he was going to cry 😂

It made me realise by dislike of him is still as strong as ever. I fucking hate him!

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1009 on: August 21, 2018, 05:08:22 pm »
I loved his interview last night, he looked like he was going to cry 😂

It made me realise by dislike of him is still as strong as ever. I fucking hate him!

yeah, he was a c*nt putting kane on corners, no wonder you hate him ;D

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1010 on: August 21, 2018, 05:09:10 pm »
The best part of youtube is reading the comments.

Bless each and every one of the dumb c*nts    ;D

Definitely, mate. It's a fun part of youtube and I've seen the dumbest/unbelievably moronic and offensive opinions in the comments section of youtube more than anywhere else. No. 2 would be twatter.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: August 21, 2018, 05:10:02 pm »
The Hodge is a knob but that Wan Bissaka kid was really impressive before the red.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1012 on: August 21, 2018, 05:10:23 pm »

::) :butt

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1013 on: August 21, 2018, 05:11:14 pm »

:lmao :lmao

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1014 on: August 21, 2018, 05:15:44 pm »
I had that with all the Mancs at work. Quickly changed their tune when they saw how England played under him. I suppose when he isn't destroying your club, he does come across as a decent fella. I always thought he was OK until he came here as I never really paid attention to him. When you then have to endure him forelock tugging to Fergie and bigging up Northampton and Wolves while trumpeting himself and slagging off your club and fans, then the penny drops.

What amazes me is that this is the man who, when appointed to the Blackburn job, was an unknown in this country.
The media went on a PR job telling us how he was one of the most respected coaches in Europe.
He sank Blackburn, and you could argue that to this day they are still trying to recover from his disastrous stay at the club.
He took over a very strong side and made them look shite.
He came to us, with a squad containing internationals like Torres Gerrard Reina Carra. He made them play like dogshit. As a point of reference, think back to how the same players played under Kenny, specifically that return game against Wolves at their place.
He was jibbed off from here and ends up at England. We all knew what would happen, we warned everyone.
His first tournament and we bomb out of the World Cup , but we are told that he is putting an intellectual approach to the game in place, with woot and bwanch twansformation of the FA setup. So they let him have another tournament. England get knocked out by Iceland. Fucking Iceland!
We then see the Hodgson that Liverpool Fans know and hate.
Gone is the lovable Uncle Hodgson, with his bag of Werthers. And we see a snarky old bastard, full of his own arrogant ego.
Here is a man who has won fuck all, and blagged his way into the top jobs. In those top jobs he has been shown to be out of his depth, and ignorant of his own shortcomings.

Last night his ego surfaced again, the mask slipped and the bitter old get showed through.
He will be a messiah to those Palace fans who have suffered Pards and de Boer, because he will bring mediocrity of a level just above relegation. If Zaha gets injured, and he is prone, then Roy will struggle.

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #1015 on: August 21, 2018, 05:18:27 pm »

Doubt Philip Roth would have like the g-owl, he had a thing for calling out hypocrisy.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1017 on: August 21, 2018, 06:20:52 pm »
Is he sneezing here?

it was this

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/81-mkb5Pvcg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/81-mkb5Pvcg</a>

late anichebe goal iirc?

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #1018 on: August 21, 2018, 07:46:53 pm »
I don't think he did anything last night that any manager would do. He complained about decisions that didn't go his way.
If I was a Palace fan I'd probably think those calls were wrong out of natural bias, and if my manager then came out and conceded I'd think he'd lost his mind.
Hodgson was putting other referees on notice that we wouldn't roll over and accept decisions at their ground.

I hate the guy as much as the next LFC fan, but fairs fair, he's found his level at Palace and seems to being doing alright.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: August 21, 2018, 07:48:32 pm »
I don't think he did anything last night that any manager would do. He complained about decisions that didn't go his way.
If I was a Palace fan I'd probably think those calls were wrong out of natural bias, and if my manager then came out and conceded I'd think he'd lost his mind.
Hodgson was putting other referees on notice that we wouldn't roll over and accept decisions at their ground.

I hate the guy as much as the next LFC fan, but fairs fair, he's found his level at Palace and seems to being doing alright.

Yeah, I think people let his time here cloud their judgement of him. He was awful for us, but it was years ago now and the damage has been fixed.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1020 on: August 21, 2018, 07:54:27 pm »
Yeah, I think people let his time here cloud their judgement of him. He was awful for us, but it was years ago now and the damage has been fixed.

Absolutely, time is a healer. I’d love nothing more than to see Hodgson, Purslow, Hicks and Gillett invited to Anfield on a regular basis. All thoroughly lovely chaps.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1021 on: August 21, 2018, 07:59:32 pm »

Blackburn and England are still suffering from him though ;)

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: August 21, 2018, 08:03:48 pm »
Absolutely, time is a healer. I’d love nothing more than to see Hodgson, Purslow, Hicks and Gillett invited to Anfield on a regular basis. All thoroughly lovely chaps.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1023 on: August 21, 2018, 08:27:04 pm »

I absolutely would not want Klopp to complain about a challenge that if our player makes, not once, but thrice to give a penalty away. Sakho put his arm on Salah, pulled him a bit and to make sure he tripped him with his outstretched leg. And Klopp is way too classy to do that, just to justify himself. He will maybe at the most call out absurd decisions (like the Spurs one?).

And it was not like the match was even close for them to deserve anything out of it. Forget possession, They had 2 shots on target in the entire game. 2 shots. One of them was a Zaha shot straight at Alisson which is probably the easiest save in the box that he will make. The xG showed Crystal Palace 0.43 to Liverpool 2.38 + penalty. We did enough for 2 goals without the pen and they had nothing. Technically, they created less than West Ham did against us last week. And at their home as well. That is pathetic. There's no way he can make a legit complain about this game, his team folded and were beaten fair and square and with more ease than I would've thought at the beginning of the game.

They were smashed. We get a 95% probability of a win by simulating all the shots in the game.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:37:27 pm by PoetryInMotion »

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1024 on: August 21, 2018, 08:51:01 pm »
that expected goals looks a bit shite, i expect 5 or 6 every game ;D

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
« Reply #1025 on: August 21, 2018, 09:37:01 pm »

What?? Full of hypocrites this place. I get called a troll for doing nothing of the sort. It's actually me who's being trolled.

I'll meet you for a bevvie before a match. Then you'll see who I support. You're buying  :D

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1026 on: August 21, 2018, 09:58:09 pm »
What?? Full of hypocrites this place. I get called a troll for doing nothing of the sort. It's actually me who's being trolled.

I'll meet you for a bevvie before a match. Then you'll see who I support. You're buying  :D

What do you mean do my methods translate?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1027 on: August 21, 2018, 09:59:08 pm »
that expected goals looks a bit shite, i expect 5 or 6 every game ;D
To be honest that’s the XG we usually get when we win 4-0 or 5-0.... so it’s pretty good..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1028 on: August 21, 2018, 10:06:04 pm »

Two awful trolls this
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: August 21, 2018, 10:28:45 pm »
Two awful trolls this
Boring as fuck too. It's pyroparty, you can see from his repitition of "horrible" as a description all the time.

Not sure why people think it's that idiotic spurs fan, but would be nice if we could move on from the bullshit. And the funny "ooh who's that" #lolz act. Really, it's boring and doesn't matter.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1030 on: August 22, 2018, 12:04:18 am »
The Hodge is a knob but that Wan Bissaka kid was really impressive before the red.

That squad should be challenging for 6th or 7th.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
« Reply #1031 on: August 22, 2018, 06:41:27 am »
Boring as fuck too. It's pyroparty, you can see from his repitition of "horrible" as a description all the time.

Not sure why people think it's that idiotic spurs fan, but would be nice if we could move on from the bullshit. And the funny "ooh who's that" #lolz act. Really, it's boring and doesn't matter.

You're boring as fuck calling me pyroparty all the time. You must really think you're clever, like you've  got it all figured out. The truth is you're making yourself look stupid as I'm not nor have I ever been pyroparty. Do you think there's only one person in this world who uses the word 'horrible'? That makes you look stupid cluedo.
I mean I sign up as a fellow red(although I've got no idea if you are a red I suppose. You come across as a manc to me) and get what I'm guessing is the forum clique having their own little joke between themselves about me. Like a bunch of little kids. You probably don't even go to the match. If you do I'll meet you and you'll see who I support.

I apologise to the many normal people on here for posting about this but I'm sick of it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 06:44:21 am by dptlfc83 »

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: August 22, 2018, 07:25:43 am »
You're boring as fuck calling me pyroparty all the time. You must really think you're clever, like you've  got it all figured out. The truth is you're making yourself look stupid as I'm not nor have I ever been pyroparty. Do you think there's only one person in this world who uses the word 'horrible'? That makes you look stupid cluedo.
I mean I sign up as a fellow red(although I've got no idea if you are a red I suppose. You come across as a manc to me) and get what I'm guessing is the forum clique having their own little joke between themselves about me. Like a bunch of little kids. You probably don't even go to the match. If you do I'll meet you and you'll see who I support.

I apologise to the many normal people on here for posting about this but I'm sick of it.
There's plenty that don't go to the match for one reason or another and they love their team as much as anyone else so don't go thinking you're being clever by typing that out, okey doke.

For example I myself haven't been inside St James' Park for a number of years because I refuse to give Fat Mike another penny of my money.  When he slings his hook I will be going back, and not before.

You might be Pyroparty and you might not be and guess what, I don't give a monkeys about it so long as you're not here on a piss take.

Just saying    :)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1033 on: August 22, 2018, 07:26:48 am »
it was this

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/81-mkb5Pvcg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/81-mkb5Pvcg</a>

late anichebe goal iirc?
Looked like he was having a stroke or something    :(

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1034 on: August 22, 2018, 08:20:32 am »

:D

pyroparty used to accuse people of mancishness all the time, so probably one to avoid. I wouldn't worry though, whenever new people register there's always a bit of suspicion about if they've been here before. Wouldn't take it personally.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1035 on: August 22, 2018, 08:57:15 am »
That squad should be challenging for 6th or 7th.
That's one of the hallmarks of the Owl, he manages to take a side that are capable of doing better, lower the expectations through his own bullshit and the help of his confederates in the media, then when he surpasses those extremely low expectations he's hailed a genius for it, one of the biggest snake oil salesmen the sport has ever seen.

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
« Reply #1036 on: August 22, 2018, 09:01:54 am »
There's plenty that don't go to the match for one reason or another and they love their team as much as anyone else so don't go thinking you're being clever by typing that out, okey doke.

For example I myself haven't been inside St James' Park for a number of years because I refuse to give Fat Mike another penny of my money.  When he slings his hook I will be going back, and not before.

You might be Pyroparty and you might not be and guess what, I don't give a monkeys about it so long as you're not here on a piss take.

Just saying    :)

Well it seems to be ok to think your clever by accusing me of being someone who I'm not and have no idea who people are on about, so why not tell people to stop that, okey doke 👍

I just want to post like anyone else without people trying to say I'm someone different to who I am. By all means disagree with my opinions, but don't call me pyroparty or primitive as I'm guessing it's not said in a positive light is it?

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
« Reply #1037 on: August 22, 2018, 09:04:18 am »
:D

pyroparty used to accuse people of mancishness all the time, so probably one to avoid. I wouldn't worry though, whenever new people register there's always a bit of suspicion about if they've been here before. Wouldn't take it personally.

Thanks for your reasoned response mate. The only thing I'd say is pyroparty isn't the only person to ever call someone a manc or horrible, loads use them terms. For example dptlfc83 does  :D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1038 on: August 22, 2018, 09:12:43 am »
Well it seems to be ok to think your clever by accusing me of being someone who I'm not and have no idea who people are on about, so why not tell people to stop that, okey doke 👍

I just want to post like anyone else without people trying to say I'm someone different to who I am. By all means disagree with my opinions, but don't call me pyroparty or primitive as I'm guessing it's not said in a positive light is it?

It could be worse, you could have been Cantona finally back from your skiing trip.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1039 on: August 22, 2018, 11:18:16 am »
Still chuckling when I think about Irritable Owl Syndrome  :D