Author Topic: Kop to be expanded ...  (Read 171228 times)

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Kop to be expanded ...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 04:02:07 pm »
Found some images showing the changes to the Kop.

Source: https://twitter.com/lovefutebol

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 05:49:34 pm »
Found some images showing the changes to the Kop.

Source: https://twitter.com/lovefutebol

That's a bit excessive - they're demolishing the new Main Stand!
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 06:00:50 pm »
Just seems odd to me that it was never built that way in the first place.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 07:45:25 pm »
Just seems odd to me that it was never built that way in the first place.

Part of the new extension hangs over over Walton Breck Road. They may not have had air rights permission from the highways or council before.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 11:33:48 pm »

A shame they're not re-angling the sides of the back of 304 & 306 too a little (just 45 degrees or so?) - as to give the fans up there by an unrestricted view of the pitch.

Though good we're getting more fans on the Kop :)

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 12:01:37 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 01:55:48 pm »
A lot of cost for very little gain, in my opinion. I appreciate a good job was done incorporating the existing MS into the new main stand but don't believe the same rule should apply to the Kop - unless it significantly increases capacity and improves sight lines and accessibility for fans.
I'd sooner see an enhanced purpose built Anny Road end to deliver increased capacity. As or when permission is granted to look at the Kop end it should be done without the make do and mend philosophy that we currently have. It's not like its a historic structure or anything - that went 20-odd years ago.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 02:11:30 pm »
A lot of cost for very little gain, in my opinion. I appreciate a good job was done incorporating the existing MS into the new main stand but don't believe the same rule should apply to the Kop - unless it significantly increases capacity and improves sight lines and accessibility for fans.
I'd sooner see an enhanced purpose built Anny Road end to deliver increased capacity. As or when permission is granted to look at the Kop end it should be done without the make do and mend philosophy that we currently have. It's not like its a historic structure or anything - that went 20-odd years ago.

It's a short term fix to mitigate the loss of seats when they improve the number of wheelchair accessible seats. And rebuilding the Kop on the existing footprint would reduce capacity because of current guidance on seat spacing. The Anfield Road expansion is a completely separate issue and a new build from scratch would also have a lower capacity for the same reason - current legislation.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 02:52:08 pm »

Though good we're getting more fans on the Kop :)
There'll be less
cyas

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 03:02:48 pm »
There'll be less

How do you work that out mate?
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 03:09:08 pm »
How do you work that out mate?
They are putting disabled seats in where 109 is currently

Graham Smith is saying its a slight decrease
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:11:14 pm by Giovanni »
cyas

Offline Milo the Monkey

• Main Stander
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 07:35:12 pm »

The truth of it is that you're losing 115 seats in 109 and gaining 235 seats in 202 and 235 in 208 which is a net gain of 355 seats in the KOP.

Will it make a difference to the atmosphere in the KOP.........probably not  :( .

If you want to be really pedantic you could say that in reality 109 was originally and still feels more like part of the Centenary. It was only made part of the KOP on safety grounds as far as I'm aware.
S.O.S. No. 1661

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 08:48:18 pm »

So they'll only be less if disabled supporters don't count as people. Right.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 08:57:42 pm »
So they'll only be less if disabled supporters don't count as people. Right.
Exactly....

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2017, 08:13:15 am »
I've never heard anything like it.....

Disabled seats don't count now? The capacity is increasing.

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2017, 10:01:33 am »
What the fuck is the matter with you lot.

I didn't say disabled seats don't count, but the footprint for a disabled seat is obviously larger than a standard seat, and some seats are going to make way for an additional access route. The increase in additional seats in the kop and adding seats to the end of the rows won't make up for the seats lost - that is straight from Graham Smiths mouth following a meeting with the club.

These are his actual quotes

It is not being extended it is being reduced in size.

Disabled bays coming in means a loss of seats.

Some 'new' seats being created  but they will not replace the number being lost.

The last I was told is a net loss in both stands - the plans were developing though so we'll see.
But that's the current state of knowledge.

So take that sanctimonious shit elsewhere.

cyas

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 11:53:09 am »
:lmao I feel kind of bad now I was only on a wind up.

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 12:20:15 pm »
arf  :lmao
cyas

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 6, 2017, 08:27:04 am »
Is there a reason they're not extending the main stand side of The Kop back as far as the central rows? Could be close to a thousand extra seats there and they wouldn't hand over the WBR

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 6, 2017, 01:18:02 pm »
Is there a reason they're not extending the main stand side of The Kop back as far as the central rows? Could be close to a thousand extra seats there and they wouldn't hand over the WBR

Cost per seat I imagine,  they would probably have to extend the concourse and put in extra entrances, 301-303.   Would involve building up supports from ground level too.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #20 on: April 6, 2017, 01:36:36 pm »
Cost per seat I imagine,  they would probably have to extend the concourse and put in extra entrances, 301-303.   Would involve building up supports from ground level too.

Think the sight lines would be an issue in the farthest corners. Al'll know.

EDIT
Actually there's a thread on it here
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=323829.0

OK. It's been discussed on here before somewhere. You're right you could square it off on that side and get some extra seats in. You could also square off the other side if it cantilevered over the road. I did a bit of modelling to show how that might work a while back.

I don't know what the cost would be but it's probably one of the easier options for squeezing a few more seats in if there's demand after the current redevelopment. It's a standalone piece of work though so there's no great benefit in doing if now and complicating the logistics of a tight site that has tens of thousands of supporters walking through it on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2017, 01:42:18 pm by meady1981 »

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 4, 2017, 01:35:02 pm »
The truth of it is that you're losing 115 seats in 109 and gaining 235 seats in 202 and 235 in 208 which is a net gain of 355 seats in the KOP.

Will it make a difference to the atmosphere in the KOP.........probably not  :( .

If you want to be really pedantic you could say that in reality 109 was originally and still feels more like part of the Centenary. It was only made part of the KOP on safety grounds as far as I'm aware.

109? My ST's in 109 and ive not heard anything about it? 109 is a raised part of the ground, with stair access.....why would they put disabled viewing up there?
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2017, 06:30:06 am »
Any idea if they have started on the Kop alterations yet?

Offline paul j

• Kopite
  • liverpool f.c is my religion.
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2017, 07:29:33 pm »
Any idea if they have started on the Kop alterations yet?
started just over a week ago,last time I went past they had removed some of the tin cladding to expose the steel work that isn't normally visible.
5 stars upon my shirt.
i am scouse not english.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2017, 06:55:14 am »
started just over a week ago,last time I went past they had removed some of the tin cladding to expose the steel work that isn't normally visible.

Thanks Paul... if anyone is going past the Kop over the closed season can you grab some pics for me. Ta.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: June 1, 2017, 12:28:00 pm »
As of yesterday, as Paul says, all they've done so far is remove some of the exterior cladding, to expose the steelwork.

The fact that there doesn't seem to be much going on, might mean that some steelwork MAY BE being fabricated, off site.

« Last Edit: June 1, 2017, 12:29:41 pm by Bigly Red Richie »

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #26 on: June 1, 2017, 01:47:51 pm »
As of yesterday, as Paul says, all they've done so far is remove some of the exterior cladding, to expose the steelwork.

The fact that there doesn't seem to be much going on, might mean that some steelwork MAY BE being fabricated, off site.

Thanks mate for the update.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 1, 2017, 01:51:22 pm »

So they're just extending back so it's no longer staggered?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 1, 2017, 02:53:56 pm »
So they're just extending back so it's no longer staggered?

The pictures in the 2nd post in this thread show you exactly what they are doing.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 1, 2017, 03:06:27 pm »
The pictures in the 2nd post in this thread show you exactly what they are doing.
Cheers, they were so small I hadn't spotted
W

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #30 on: June 1, 2017, 06:17:39 pm »
With the reduced over hang of the roof and the straightening of the back of the Kop will this have a detrimental effect on the sound generated and focused towards the pitch?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #31 on: June 1, 2017, 06:45:09 pm »
With the reduced over hang of the roof and the straightening of the back of the Kop will this have a detrimental effect on the sound generated and focused towards the pitch?

Yeah instead of being silent, negative noise will actually be created.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 5, 2017, 06:38:37 pm »
Moving on slowly.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #33 on: June 5, 2017, 09:28:11 pm »
I fucking hate the shitty quotes and photo opportunities that they tack onto the ground. It's meant to be a fortress not fucking Disney land.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34 on: June 6, 2017, 07:23:22 am »
I fucking hate the shitty quotes and photo opportunities that they tack onto the ground. It's meant to be a fortress not fucking Disney land.

So we need turrets, gargoyles, moats, etc?

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 6, 2017, 01:50:39 pm »

Where the p*nis pounds.
Where one partner mounts.
Anfield. Where climax happens.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #36 on: June 6, 2017, 02:50:39 pm »
Moving on slowly.

Loving this, sure to improve the ambiance. Light, airy, spacious and a magnificent view down the Walton Breck - brings a whole new feel to the Kop.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #37 on: June 6, 2017, 05:00:53 pm »
Loving this, sure to improve the ambiance. Light, airy, spacious and a magnificent view down the Walton Breck - brings a whole new feel to the Kop.
Really.... its a few hundred seats..... not going to make any difference at all.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #38 on: June 7, 2017, 11:52:49 am »
Really.... its a few hundred seats..... not going to make any difference at all.

Woosh?!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 7, 2017, 12:25:53 pm »

It means we meet the standards for disabled seating without losing capacity - that's a difference.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)